Practice

History - (BaekYeol/ChanBaek fanfic - Exo)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun

All the members of Exo had gotten their schedule and song. The song title was called ‘What Is Love’, and they had to memorise it, and shoot a music video for it later. They were told that who was going to sing it was only Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. When they asked why, the producers and their manager told them that it would be an intro-like song to their debut. Of course on the Chinese version it’d be Jongdae and Luhan who’d sing. They’d also shoot teaser for the video.

“Come on Baek, let’s go back to the dorm”, Jongdae called for Baekhyun when everyone had finished practicing for the day. Baekhyun didn’t feel like giving up right away, because he wanted to continue to practice. He felt like he had to practice more on his high notes, unlike Jongdae who had good control over them. Baekhyun felt jealous of his good control over his vocal chores, and Baekhyun wanted to reach his level as well.

“I’ll stay a little bit behind. Don’t mind me, I want to be alone to practice for a while”, he answered as he was careful to not hold them back. Jongdae nodded slowly, already knowing of Baekhyun’s goals.  

“Just don’t be too late, and call any of us if anything happens, alright?”

“Yes mom”, Baekhyun joked back, causing Jongdae to smile brightly and giggle.

“See you later”.

Finally Baekhyun was left alone as he wished. He liked to practice alone when it came to his singing. He didn’t want anyone close to judge him like he was the worst singer on the planet. At times like that, he liked being alone.

 

Baekhyun’s sweat was dripping from his forehead and downwards on his neck. He felt like it was hard to breathe, and he was incredibly tired. He collapsed on the floor as his legs gave up on carrying him, and he breathed heavily.

The black haired boy managed to glance at the clock, which showed exactly 10 pm. He knew the members were waiting for him, but he couldn’t keep his eyes open anymore.

Baekhyun suddenly sat up on the floor, shocked as he regained conscious. He then remembered that he was still in the practice room where he had slowly passed out. He glanced at his phone, but it had turned off from loss of power. He didn’t know what time it was, but he knew it was dark. Baekhyun thought the members might’ve thought he was camping in the practice room, and he didn’t want to worry them. He quickly locked the room, turned off the lights and went outside to head back to the dorm. It was nearly black outside and it was only by the help from the lampposts and the moon he managed to see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter