013 | Shakespeare's In Love | SungSica

Love Bits | Oneshot Compilation (15/80)

 

title: Shakespeare's In Love

pairing: Sungmin & Jessica

requested by: ice_princess_sica

written by: silentbunny11

 

 

*   *   *   *

 

 

 

Aigoo. How can they let love ruin their friendship? That is so unfair.” Jessica commented at the movie she was watching, hugging the pillow in front of her tighter.

Sungmin, who was at the other side of his room, stopped from playing with his computer and looked up at her, “But you won’t understand, Sica. You were never in love with a friend.”

“Hmm. I don’t care,” the little girl pulled her tongue out, “It’s not that it will ever happen to me anyway. Love is… not for friends. I mean, I love my friends but not that intimate.”

Sungmin acted as if he was about to puke jokingly, “You’re just eight, Sica. How can you know such things?”

“From romantic movies and novels I have read, I suppose.” She replied nonchalantly as she focused herself back to the movie while Sungmin did the same thing, almost cursing as his game character was nearly dying.

“Sungmin..”

“Hm?”

“Let’s promise not to ruin our friendship, alright?” Jessica shyly told him, almost hiding her face under the pillow.

“Okay.” He answered without thinking twice, “We’re best friends since… I don’t know, forever? Thanks to our mothers who were best friends. And it’s not like I’m going to like you. You don’t even like to play hide-and-seek.”

“Ha-ha. It does not connect at all! Anyway, I’m good. I just don’t want our friendship ruined because of that love thing-y.” she stated.

“Errw. Let’s stop with all these love stuff, can we? Disgusting.” Sungmin teased.

Just as Jessica was about to defend herself, the door of Sungmin’s room opened and appeared a young- looking woman.

“Lunch is ready, dears. You better come down before the food becomes cold.” Her mother invited them for lunch, and quickly left after leaving a smile to both.

Sungmin and Jessica stood up and headed for the door in a lazy and forced manner—obviously wanting not to stop what they were currently doing.

Jessica, out of boredom, punched her oppa’s shoulder lightly.

“Aw. What was that for?” Sungmin complained, acting it hurt more than it did.

“Oh, nothing.”

 

 

“Mum told me we’re old enough to spend some time in my room.” Sungmin explained to her.

Jessica pouted and crossed her arm, “That is so unfair. I want to watch a movie.”

“You can just watch it in your room.” He suggested, taking a seat beside her and pulled the remote controller from behind, pushing the on button.

“But I have loved watching movies in your room, ever since. Your dvd player has become my best friend.”

“We can just watch a movie and eat some delicious food after to celebrate your eighteenth birthday tomorrow. Your treat, of course.” Sungmin stated happily, looking sideways for a second to give her a knowing look.

“But it’s my birthday. You should be the one to pay for us!” Jessica playfully pulled her tongue.

“Eh? I don’t want to.” Sungmin told her but he knew he’s going to be to pay for it anyway, as always.

 

 

“Oh, with this love  thing.” Sungmin blurted out, grabbing  a handful of chips and swallowing them at the same time.

“Shhh. He’s going to confess his love to his best friend. .” Jessica whispered, putting her pointer finger on top of his lips.

Sungmin just eyed her in the darkness, and quickly removed her hand from his mouth, “Before you forget, I’m eating.”

 

 

“Donghae texted me. He thought we were dating.” Jessica told him after putting her mobile phone back in her pocket, slightly blushing at the thought.

“Eh? Us?” Sungmin just laugher and put his arm around her. “Let’s start dating, then, Sica?”

“Yah..” Jessica even blushed more as he shoved him away, trying her best not to let it show to him though.

Sungmin laughed even louder this time, poking Sica’s cheek, “You’re blushing. Cute. So does it mean you fell in love with your best friend just like in the movie?”

“I know I’m as pretty as the main actress in the movie, “ Jessica complimented her own self, “but I am not stupid like her, you know.”

Sungmin just gave her a teaseful look, “I don’t believe you. You’re starting to like me, neh?”

“No, I am not!” Jessica defended herself, putting both of her clenched hands on her waist, “Besides, we’ve promised not to fall in love with each other.”

 

 

“Do you like someone?” Jessica asked him while both were doing their homework in the library.

“Hmm. I like no one else but you.” Sungmin answered quickly, suppressing his laughter.

Jessica just sent daggers at him, “Funny.”

She shook her head and decided it’s going to be hard to know the girl he likes, and continued answering her Calculus assignment.

Sungmin stole a glance at her, and studied her, “Why are you so curious all of a sudden?”

“Hmm.. just because I’m curious. Just that. And it’s so unfair, you know. I have told you secrets about my crushes but you never told me one.” She answered without looking up. Sungmin used this to study her features even more, putting his hand under his chin while enjoying her company.

“Hmm. I’ll tell you in time.”

 

 

Valentine’s day.

5:30pm, University’s Mini Forest.

 

“Out of all the places in the university, what the hell were you thinking about meeting up with your ‘crush’ here? And I don’t even have to meet her unless you’re already dating!” Jessica complained, pushing the dried leaves playfully as they walk by.

“But you’ve bugged me about her. You should be happy you’re going to meet her now.” Sungmin told her in a matter- of- fact tone. “Besides, it takes courage, Sica.”

“Courage. Yes, what a strong word, you know. Impressive even.”

 

 

“A well?” Jessica asked, surprised.

Sungmin went nearer to the well with a contented (and nervous) look on his face. “In here, Sica.”

“What? You’re telling me she’s in there? Funny, Sungmin. So funny.”

Sungmin said nothing more but just gave her a look.

“Okay. For the sake of twelve long years of friendship, I will meet your crush. I didn’t know you’re craziness has gone this far, Sungmin.” Jessica gave up and started her way towards the well.

“uhm.. don’t rush, okay? You might scare the out of her.” Sungmin warned her, laughing.

“Very funny.” Jessica gave him another look before she leaning towards the well slowly, as what he had suggested.

She noticed it was old, the well, with moss almost covering the side of it, but the water was pretty clear and it felt so warm. She was already enjoying it when she noticed her reflection in the water.

Jessica was staring right in front of her reflection, and on her side was her best friend, Sungmin, looking nervous now she noticed.

“Uhm.. you’ve seen her?” Sungmin asked nervously when Jessica pulled back. “I like her since, since the day I’ve met her, actually.”

“You’re crazy as hell.”

Then, she left.

 

 

“Best friends issues?” Kyuhyun asked him one time.

“Yeah, and as complicated as newly weds issues.” Sungmin told him, sighing after.

“Then, you should talk to her.”

“But she’s mad.”

“She’s going to be mad at you forever because you’re not trying.”

 

 

“I thought you like him.” Yuri told her.

“Uhm.. sort of, yes.”

“So, which part where you mad of? The walking towards the old well part?” she asked, laughing softly at the idea.

“Of course, not. Silly. It’s just… it’s just…”

“It’s just because you don’t want to ruin your friendship and you’re scared as cat to confess you like him back. “

 

 

“Having fun, kiddos?” Jessica’s mum asked the two of them, arms intertwined with Sungmin’s mother, while the other two walk behind them, not saying a word ever since the fourteenth day of February.

“Yeah, of course.” Sungmin answered with a forced laugh, looking sideways at Sica for a sec and noticed how she looked at the opposite direction forcing herself to become entertained whatever were in there.

After that, their mums continued on with their talking like nothing happened.

Sungmin knew how awkward it was to act and feel this way. They were best friends ever since they have seen each other. They did hang out together a lot, always do things together.

One second they were as close as the south and north poles of magnets, the next thing they knew , they were already as far and as unreachable as the sky and the sea.

“Still mad?” Sungmin asked.

“Hmm sort of.”

“Which part?”

“Yuri suggested it might probably the ‘walking towards the well’, which is actually a tiring thing, you know.” Sica said, lowering her head. Even until now she didn’t know why the hell she was mad. “I’m sorry for… everything.”

“I’m sorry, too.”

“Friends?” Jessica looked at him this time, shyly setting her eyes on him as she could feel her heart beating so loudly in her ears.

“Of course.” Sungmin answered shortly, staring back at her with eyes sparkling in relief and happiness.

At least, Sungmin was able to prove that love can’t ruin friendship in one way or another.

 

 

082712//

I tweaked the plot you gave me a little and did the other way around. Sorry, I was not able to include Hyorin here. I always at endings, I know. Anyway, I hope you loved it. I actually love this one. It feels so warm and innocent for me. Hmm.. comment?^^

P.S. And with the story title hahaha I have just discovered this old song lately and it’s my current favorite so yeah.