Chapter 6

Call Me JB Hyung

Call Me JB Hyung - Chapter 6

____________________________________________________________________________________

I laid in my bed, covers tightly wrapped around me, ready to close my eyes and let sleep take over.

 

I was almost asleep, though I couldn't.

 

The sound of a faraway ring tone caught my attention. I realized it was my cellphone soon enough. I didn't really want to pick it up but in the end I opened my eyes.

 

"Hello?"

 

"You home?"

 

JB hyung.

 

I pulled the phone from my ear and stared at it for a few seconds before putting it back on my ear.

 

"I'm home." I replied.

 

"Are you alone?" he asked. My eyes spotted the time and I frowned. "Do you know what time it is hyung? My mom is asleep. My dad isn't home yet." I replied.

 

"Can I come over?"

 

"Hyung it's past midnight. I have school in the morning." I quickly said again.

 

"I'm coming over."

 

Once again I pulled the phone from my ear, stared at it and put it back on my ear.

 

"Wait hyung I told you-"

 

"I'm in front of your door now. Let me in."

 

I didn't even have time to think before I quickly got up and quietly ran to the front door. JB hyung was sure enough standing in front of my door. Quickly I took hold of his hand and pulled him inside, looking out in the streets to make sure I was clear from my parents nosy friends.

 

"You have to be quiet or we'll wake her up." I mumbled as I closed the door and pulled him to my room. It was hard, due to the pitch blackness of the house. I didn't have time to turn any lights on and I didn't consider it since any small movement could wake my mom up.

 

My heart beat fast only until we got inside my room and I my lights.

 

"Hyung what are you-"

 

I paused as I caught sight of his face. He clutched his side before sitting on my chair.

 

"What happened to your face?" I quickly asked staring at him, suddenly more worried about his face then him being caught in my room.

 

He had a small cut on his lip that was bleeding, and a bruise on his cheek. His clothes looked like he had just been in a brawl, all disheveled.

 

JB hyung didn't answer. I walked up to him and stared down at him.

 

"Hyung..." I mumbled. He didn't say anything and I sighed.

 

"Maybe you shouldn't be here. Should I call Jr hyung and ask him to-"

 

"Wait."

 

I stopped at the sound of his voice.

 

"Let me stay." he said.

 

It didn't sound like pleading, but I could tell he really didn't want to get up and go anywhere. My eyes landed on his hand still clutched around his side.

 

I continued staring at him for a while before I helped him onto my bed. He laid down and I pulled my chair up to the bed and sat, looking at him, worried.

 

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" I asked after a moment of silence.

 

"I went to a party." he said. Another short moment of silence passed.

 

JB hyung turned his head to look at me. We stared at each other for only a few seconds before he broke the eye contact.

 

"She threw a party and invited everyone. I ended up getting into a small argument with her new boyfriend." he said sighing.

 

I listened to him, nodding in understanding.

 

"Where are the guys?" I asked.

 

"Jinyoung didn't come. Mark and Jackson left early." he said.

 

I nodded again.

 

"I'll get you some medicine." I said getting up. He didn't look all that well and I was getting more worried by the second.

 

When I returned with the medicine box JB hyung managed to lift himself up and lean on my wall. I sat next to him on the bed and handed him the medicine box. He scowled at me.

 

"What? I have to put it on for you too?" I asked chuckling.

 

"I can't put it on myself." he replied.

 

"You can." I said hitting his shoulder. "There's a mirror in the bathroom." I said pointing to my door, a smirk on my face.

 

"Hey. I'm hurt." he said, turning to me, a sour look on his face.

 

"You deserve it. Why would you go to a party she was throwing anyway? You know you easily get angry around her. It's really noticeable hyung." I said, a bit disappointed in him. He got hurt because he wasn't thinking rationally at all.

 

JB hyung didn't answer. I sighed and lowered my head

 

"Turn your face this way." I said taking out some medicine. "I'll help you now but don't think I'll help you the next time hyung. You've got to get over this girl." I mumbled.

 

After he flinched and groaned a little I finished patching up his face and went to put the medicine box away. When I came back JB hyung was still sitting on my bed, so I sat next to him.

 

"I have school tomorrow hyung. I woke up just to help you. You owe me." I mumbled. A short silence passed.

 

I flinched away when he suddenly grabbed my hand.

 

"What are you doing?" I asked looking up at him. He didn't reply, but stared down at my hand for quite a while. Sometimes he has very odd gestures, that are kind of like his mood swings.

 

"They're really soft." he finally said after a moment of silence where he just held my hand, rubbing the mole on my finger. I quickly pulled my hand away.

 

"Stop joking with me hyung." I said chuckling. "I mean it, you owe me. You better be glad mom's asleep." I said, finally laying down.

 

It didn't take him long to lay besides me. "I wouldn't have forced my way in if she wasn't." he said.

 

"So you admit you forced your way in." I said chuckling.

 

"Even BamBam is scared of her." he admitted.

 

I laughed, shaking my head at his words. Another short silence passed.

 

"Is my house close to her house? Why didn't you go to Jr hyung?" I finally asked what lingered in my mind. It's rare for it to be only the two of us, so when we do end up alone now, it makes me nervous. I become cautious about everything.

 

A long silence passed. In the end JB hyung didn't answer me. We laid there in quietness until I heard the front door to my home. I left my room quick.

 

My dad didn't mind my presence so I lingered around him, showing him where the food was and even heating it up for him. All because of JB hyung. I did all my dad asked until I knew he was in his bed and headed towards dream land.

 

JB hyung was asleep when I returned to my room. I decided to take the shower that I earlier tried to skip. When I returned to my room JB hyung still laid quietly sleeping.

 

"Hyung...I said I have school tomorrow." I mumbled.

 

His eyes opened and he looked me up and down before rolling over.

 

"Skip it." he said.

 

"Aren't you supposed to be telling me not to hyung? You know I can't do that. It's my last year." I replied him, walking towards my bed with a towel on my head.

 

"I don't want to get up." he whined.

 

I sighed, staring at the jet black hair hidden under my covers. I didn't realize when I started running my hands through it, playing with the strands.

 

"At least go shower. I'll lock my door and try to get home early. You can stay but don't go out until you're sure both of my parents are out of the house hyung." I finally said, sitting down on the bed.

 

He groaned.

 

"Let me sleep Youngjae." he said.

 

"Take a shower first. You just came from some party. You stink." I said nudging one of his wounds on his cheek.

 

"Ow.." he finally opened his eyes once again and turned to face me, a glare on his face.

 

"Go take a shower and we can sleep." I said, reminding him that I needed to sleep for school too. He grudgingly obeyed. I guarded the bathroom door and waited for him to finish before quickly pushing him back in my room and locking the door.

 

"Here." I tossed him some clothes, turning my back so he could put them on.

 

"They fit." he said after a while. I turned to look at him.

 

"Of course they fit hyung. Your clothes fit me." I reminded him, tossing his towel on my desk before walking to the bed. He followed me. I'm glad he didn't nag about where I put the towel.

 

We sat on the bed for a while in silence.

 

"Sorry it's small." I apologized. "It's fine." he replied.

 

"You must wear very loose fitting clothes." he suddenly said. "When you hugged me that time I figured you're really skinny, but it doesn't look that way because you wear such large clothes." he said.

 

"What is this suddenly hyung?" I asked turning to look at him in confusion.

 

"Because your clothes fit me." he said. "What does it matter? It's not like I'm a girl." I said. There was a short silence. I turned to look at him. He had a strange look on his face.

 

"Hyung?" I mumbled. "I'm not a girl." I repeated chuckling at the look of shock on his face.

 

We caught eyes and he smiled and laughed. I didn't understand his sudden mood change.

 

It's always changing.

 

Finally JB hyung smiled at me. "Let's sleep then." he said.

 

I nodded, getting up to check my door once again before setting my alarms to wake me up earlier then everyone else.

 

"Why do you need so many alarms?" JB asked. I looked up at him. "It's hard for me to get up in the morning." I admitted.

 

He nodded.

 

"Sorry if it wakes you up." I apologized.

 

He shook his head and didn't reply. I ended sleeping on the side besides the wall once again, even though it's my bed this time.

 

A short silence passed. I stared at darkness surrounding my room. For a few moments I thoughts JB hyung fell asleep.

 

"You have baby fat." he suddenly said. "Hyung..." I mumbled in embarrassment. 

 

Is he not sleepy anymore?

 

"But you're still really thin. Should I start ordering chicken again?" he said chuckling.

 

"No." I replied him. "It's bad for your health and your wallet."

 

"So you're my therapist, health specialist, and accountant now?" he asked.

 

I chuckled.

 

"Hyung lets just go to sleep." I said turning to stare up at the dark ceiling.

 

He didn't reply.

 

"And try not to squeeze me like I'm some teddy bear this time." I said laughing.

 

"What?" 

 

"You cuddle in your sleep." I said smirking at the ceiling.

 

"I don't." he quickly replied.

 

"You do." I said laughing again. "I'm not saying you can't but don't squeeze me so hard. I need to breath too hyung."

 

JB hyung didn't reply. I sighed and closed my eyes, turning again so my back faced him.

 

I guess we both fell asleep pretty fast, because the next thing I knew, I was awoken by more then three alarms going off one after the other. I couldn't ignore it when I remembered who else was sleeping on my bed, and how much trouble I would find myself in if he were to be seen.

 

I got up, eyes swollen before reaching over JB hyung to turn off the alarm. I was unable to stop myself from falling on top of him, groaning in annoyance.

 

"Don't fall asleep again.." JB hyung mumbled. "You have school."

 

"Now you decide to act your age." I mumbled back before getting up quickly when I heard the door to my parents room. I quickly rushed out my room to meet my mom. She looked surprised, but didn't question it.

 

The day already started out with me being tired. I wondered how school was going to go.

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

I rushed home quickly after school, my heart beating, hoping that JB hyung didn't get caught.

 

It alarmed me when I arrived and both of my parents cars were gone. I couldn't find them. I didn't get any calls from my parents or JB hyung, so I quickly rushed inside and towards my door in a bit of panic. I was even more scared to find the door unlocked.

 

"Hyung?"

 

I was met with a lump on my bed, tightly covered by my covers. Quickly throwing down my bag, I double checked my parents room and sighed in relief.

 

He didn't get caught.

 

I slowly walked back into my room, locking my door behind me.

 

Has he been asleep all day?

 

I wondered this as I changed from my school uniform and slowly walked up to the lump on my bed. He had the covers fully wrapped around his whole body, including around his head. Only a small patch of black hair could be seen. I bit back a laugh.

 

"Hyung?" I shook him a little to get him up. He didn't respond fully, only moving slightly.

 

"Hyung you have to get up. Did you eat anything?" I asked suddenly worried. He didn't respond so I pulled the covers from around his head.

 

"JB hyung..." I said again, not realizing my hands were suddenly combing through his hair, trying to get him up. I hoped he didn't get sick from fighting. His temperature felt normal. 

 

JB hyung finally responded after a few more shakes.

 

"Did you eat?" I asked, staring down at him as he opened one eye and then closed it.

 

"No." he replied groaning.

 

"Nora hasn't eaten either hyung." I said.

 

This got him up quickly. His eyes opened as wide as they've ever and I laughed loudly. Quickly he got up and started checking the time.

 

"You didn't go to class today?" I asked him.

 

He shook his head.

 

"Where are my clothes?" he asked with a groggy voice. He looked like an angry cat who has just been forcefully woken up. I wanted to laugh, but held it back since he just woke up and looked a bit angry.

 

JB hyung quickly started changing and I turned around until he finished putting his clothes on.

 

We hurried out of my house quickly, both for different reasons. JB hyung looked extremely concerned that he left Nora without any food, while I just wanted something to do that doesn't relate to school work.

 

His first task when we arrived at his apartment was to lift Nora into his arms and squeeze the cat tightly before giving her some food.

 

"Is she your child?" I asked, trying to contain my sneeze.

 

"Of course she is." he replied. I laughed and the TV.

 

"I'll be in the shower." he said heading to his room. I nodded a reply and turned towards the TV.

 

It didn't take a second more for there to be knocks on the door, the guys quickly pushing themselves inside as soon as I opened the door.

 

JB hyung ordered food quickly after he stepped out of his room, fully dressed, his hair still wet.

 

"Dry your hair or you'll get sick!" Jr hyung suddenly yelled.

 

He shrugged. "It's a bother." he replied.

 

Jr hyung suddenly got up and headed towards JB hyung's room. He came back with a hair dryer and shockingly he pushed it into my hands.

 

I looked up at him surprised.

 

"What is this hyung?" I asked staring down at the blow dryer and back at Jr hyung who stood above me smiling that oh so motherly smile of his.

 

I wonder if he knows that his smile makes me want to do what he says just as JB hyung's presence makes me do anything to please him.

 

"Dry his hair for him won't you Youngjae?" Jr hyung smiled, pleading with his eyes. "Why me? Yugyeom is there." I said whining a bit. 

 

It's not like I'm the youngest.

 

"He won't let me touch his hair." Yugyeom quickly said.

 

Lies.

 

I wanted to laugh. They always lie to me since I'm so gullible, but I end up doing everything for them anyway.

 

I stared at JB hyung, who laid lazily besides Jackson hyung. It's odd because he's usually so strict about stuff such as blowing his hair right after a shower. I didn't understand why I had to to do it but I got up anyway. "You're so much older hyung you shouldn't have people to do this for you." I mumbled.

 

He didn't reply.

 

"Hyung." I whined, heading towards him. It was a struggle to pull him into the bathroom. His hair didn't even fully dry because once the food came he pulled his way from my barrier and out of the bathroom.

 

I sighed and followed him out.

 

The guys already set the table. JB hyung ordered a lot of food. Maybe because he didn't eat anything all day. 

 

Maybe that's what's causing his mood swings and odd behavior.

 

I sat next to Yugyeom in annoyance, but suddenly seeing the food made me smile wide. We all began eating like we usually do, as if we haven't eaten in a long time.

 

I got up to go get some more rice and when I came back there was a bunch of cucumbers piled into one of my bowls.

 

I slowly sat down, a look of disgust probably showing on my face. "Who put these here?" I asked, dropping them all into another empty bowl.

 

"What's with that face?" JB hyung quickly asked. I figured I was making a face, but even the sight of cucumbers make me sick. I've never really liked them at all.

 

"I don't like cucumbers." I replied him frowning.

 

"Well why didn't you say so?" JB hyung replied quickly taking the cucumbers I set aside. I chuckled.

 

Why are you putting it in my bowl anyway? Do you not like cucumbers too?

 

After this I noticed JB hyung continued sneaking some food into my bowl when I wasn't looking.

 

What's gotten into him? Isn't he usually so possesive over his food?

 

"What are you doing hyung?" I finally asked when he didn't stop. He didn't reply, but continued putting food other than cucumbers in my bowl.

 

"Are you trying to make me fat?" I asked, eating the meat he so generously put into my bowl.

 

He chuckled.

 

"You're fine the way you are." he said. It caught me by surprise, so much that I stopped eating to stare at him.

 

What is this? What's gotten into him again so suddenly?

 

JB hyung stopped piling food onto my plate long enough to stare back at me, no expression at all. I didn't realize we were playing a staring game until Jackson cleared his throat and nudged me on the shoulder.

 

"If you don't want it give it to me!" he suddenly said. I watched as Jackson hyung grabbed my bowl stacked full of meat and started eating.

 

I guess I wasn't so much bothered by it because my gaze suddenly went back to JB hyung.

 

Why is he looking at me so hard? Do I have food on my face?

 

He didn't look away so I moved my eyes, suddenly feeling anxious.

 

Did I do something wrong?

 

"Excuse me." Jackson hyung suddenly said. I lifted my head to catch JB hyung still looking at me before he looked away quickly.

 

"Excuse me but this isn't a date." Jackson said. The others started laughing. "We're here too." he said fanning his hand in front of my eyes. I chuckled in nervousness and pulled away.

 

"That's funny." I mumbled, lowering my head once again.

 

Why was he looking at me so hard?

 

I just couldn't stop thinking about JB hyung's odd behavior since the other night. It didn't take me long to excuse myself to the bathroom just to make sure I didn't have any food on my face that they weren't telling me about. When I confirmed I had nothing on my face, I went back to my seat, confused.

 

"So let's play a game to see who cleans up." Jackson suddenly said. Yugyeom ended up losing rock, paper, scissors, and I laughed in joy, not even flinching when he hit me. 

 

This guy...

 

When Yugyeom finished the dishes and joined us back, we all laid in front of the TV, forgetting we all had school and classes the next day.

 

"I'm so tired of going to class everyday." Mark hyung suddenly whined. He never usually does so it's a surprise.

 

"I have a test coming soon." I groaned loudly.

 

"You're killing the mood. Stop talking about school." Jackson suddenly said. He got up and started messing around with his hat.

 

"Let's play another game."

 

I lifted myself up at the sound of BamBam's suggestion. Everyone got up, looking at BamBam for his game suggestion.

 

"I don't really know what to play. I was just suggesting-"

 

"I know. Let's play king game." Yugyeom suddenly said. His face brightened up and he suddenly had stars in his eyes. I could almost see them sparkling. Yugyeom loves the king game.

 

"No alcohol. You three are too young." Jr hyung pointed to Yugyeom, BamBam and I.

 

"We can use cola." Yugyeom quickly replied.

 

I've played the game with Yugyeom and his younger sister many times before, and we used cola. Cola may not sound like it makes the game fun, but when it comes the time when you refuse to do what the king says, having to drink a whole bottle of cola is sickening.

 

We all agreed to use cola though, so just for the game Jackson hyung and Yugyeom stepped out to go buy cola from the convenience store around the corner.

 

After Jr hyung explained the details of the game, cards appeared from no where and I suddenly regretted agreeing to play.

 

"Do we really have to play this? Can I sit out?" I asked. "Come on Youngjae, have some fun." Jackson quickly replied me, patting my shoulder. I sighed.

 

I'm not getting myself out of this one.

 

We formed a circle and Jr hyung shuffled the cards before handing them out. I didn't want to play before, but as soon as I got my card I hid it, trying to peek at the others, and chuckling when they tried to look at mine.

 

"Ok. I'm king." Jr hyung suddenly said.

 

Whines surrounded the room.

 

"You cheated." Jackson hyung said.

 

"No I didn't." Jr hyung replied. "I'm king." he said again.

 

This made everyone nod.

 

Jackson hyung backed down from the fight quickly after that.

 

"Okay. Number two, rap for us on the spot. Freestyle."

 

"Ayy that's no fun." Mark hyung suddenly snickered. I side eyed him. He really seems like such a quiet hyung, then at a random moment he says something that shocks me.

 

BamBam stood up and began rapping something in Thai. I didn't understand but it sounded like rap so I cheered him on and before I knew it, we were going another round.

 

Yugyeom and I were chosen to dance next by king BamBam. Jackson hyung was stripped of his shirt by king Mark, and finally Mark and Jr hyung's cards were chosen and one had to kiss the other on the cheek, as commanded by king Jackson.

 

The amount of embarrassment, I had to look away, but it was also funny how Jr hyung reacted like he didn't like it but had a big smile on his face. 

 

I wonder what a kiss on the cheek feels like...

 

"Let's play something else." Jackson suddenly said.

 

"One more round." JB hyung said. I caught eyes with him but looked away quickly, remembering his behavior from earlier when we were eating.

 

The cards were shuffled by Jr hyung once again and he handed them out.

 

"I'm king."

 

"Ayyy..."

 

They whined once again as Jr hyung became king. I laughed loudly, not even bothered that I didn't get king once.

 

I looked down at my card.

 

The number three. Just don't call the number three and I'll be fin-

 

"Three." I lifted my head up in shock, catching eyes with Jr hyung before he looked away smirking.

 

"Three and five should stare lovingly into each other's eyes for three minutes. They have to be standing this close." Jr hyung pulled his hands together. His definition of close means no breathing room at all.

 

Does he want me to end up kissing number five? Who's number fiv-?

 

"I'm number five."

 

I turned towards JB hyung who held his card up high.

 

JB hyung? Out of all of them? Why couldn't I get Yugyeom? 

 

I've been pretty close to Yugyeom's face before, but JB hyung...The only closeness is the hug I gave him when he was hurting over seeing his ex-girlfriend.

 

"I'll drink the soda." I quickly said getting up.

 

"No. You have to do it." Jackson suddenly said pulling JB hyung off the floor. He pushed him towards me and I frowned.

 

"There was a kiss on the cheek now there will be love staring." he said. He looked so serious about it.

 

I only declined for JB hyung. When I caught eyes with him once again, he held no specific expression on his face.

 

I'm sure he doesn't want to do this either.

 

I sighed.

 

"We both don't want to do this so I'll drink the soda." I said.

 

"You're giving up? But king says so." Jr hyung suddenly said getting up. They all formed a circle around us, as if I would run away.

 

"Let's just do this." JB hyung suddenly took hold of my arm and pulled me close to him. I stumbled and stepped back at the sudden closeness.

 

"Closer." Jr hyung quickly said. Hands pushed me forward and I swear if I made any other small movement our noses would touch.

 

"Is this what hyungs enjoy doing?" I found myself asking, lowering my eyes from what looked like a glare from JB hyung.

 

"Your ears are all red." Jackson stated the obvious and it made me even more nervous. I can't help it, I get nervous easily, especially when all eyes are on me.

 

"I'll start the time now."

 

You mean you haven't started the time?

 

JB hyung still held onto my arm and didn't let go. I stared at his grip on my arm for a few seconds.

 

"We're going to win this." he suddenly said. His breath hit my hair and I glanced up at him. JB hyung has always shown that he has a competitive personality when it comes to winning anything that's like a game. 

 

At least he's acting usual now.

 

"You have to look into his eyes or we're restarting the time." Jackson hyung suddenly said.

 

Do these guys enjoy people's nervousness?

 

I lifted my eyes and JB hyung and I ended up staring at each other. More like JB hyung staring into my soul with his usual intense stare.

 

"Times up."

 

I stepped back, quickly covering my ears because I could feel the heat pouring from them.

 

"Breathe..." JB hyung patted my shoulder. I listened to him and released the breath I didn't know I was holding.

 

"Why did you hold your breath?" he asked.

 

"Too close." I admitted as I found the couch and fell on it.

 

"How does your face get so red?" he asked.

 

I ignored him, still trying to catch my breath.

 

"That was great! What to play next?" Jackson hyung suddenly yelled.

 

"Let's just watch TV." Jr hyung said sitting next to me. He grabbed hold of my hand and it made me quickly calm down a little more. Jackson whined for a few seconds before he disappeared and quickly came back.

 

"Youngjae you know a lot right? Can you help me with this homework?"

 

I moved myself to the table that Jackson hyung sat besides. He showed me his homework. It didn't look complicated.

 

For the rest of the night I helped them with their homework, forgetting I had homework myself laying in my home.

____________________________________________________________________________________