Chapter 8

Call Me JB Hyung

Call Me JB Hyung - Chapter 8
____________________________________________________

A feeling of shaking to my shoulder made me groan in annoyance, only to fully wake up at the sound of a familiar voice.



"We're here Youngjae. Come on get up." 



I kept groaning, but eventually slowly opened my eyes to a familiar pair of slanted sharp eyes, and two twin moles.



"Hyung...?" I groaned, suddenly unaware of where I was.



"Get up! You always sleep so deep! Come and help us with the stuff!"



My eyes fully opened at the sound of this very familiar female voice. A voice I haven't heard in quite a long time.



My older sister's voice boomed through my ears as I lifted myself up, feeling JB hyung's hand slip off my shoulder.



"We're here..." I mumbled, rubbing at my eyes.



"Yeah." he replied.



He looked tired. 



Did he not get any sleep?



"I told your mom to go get some sleep. Get up and help with the stuff." JB hyung suddenly said.



I apologized and quickly lifted myself up to help him with the rest of the things in the car. He told my sister we could handle it, so we didn't finish quickly.



Once all the food was inside and our bags were put away we walked back into my sister's familiar, yet unfamiliar house. I don't usually visit her since she lives so far away, but whenever Chuseok comes around there are always new changes to her house.



"No one is here yet. You two can get some sleep." she said. "It's really early."



I checked the time. It wasn't even officially morning yet. I then realized that the sky was still dark when I woke up. No wonder why I still felt so tired.

 

JB hyung looked tired as well.



My sister led us to an empty room stacked with blankets. I sighed heavily when she left, laying down quickly. JB hyung soon laid down besides me.



"You should get some sleep hyung." I said after a short time. 



"I will. But hey..."



"Hm?" I turned to face him with a questionable look. He looked like how he usually looks when he wants to tell me something important. 



Did something happen while I was sleeping?



"I got a call from BamBam." he suddenly said. It quickly hit me what he was trying to say. 



"That's right. He called me while you were asleep earlier before. He said you were supposed to go to the competition." I said, remembering the conversation with BamBam as if I just had it with him.



"Yeah, but that's not what I want to say." JB said. He looked serious now.



What is it?



"I want to apologize first." he suddenly said, slowly turning towards me.

 

Our eyes caught quickly.



"What...is it hyung?" I mumbled my words before looking away. I hoped I didn't do anything wrong. I hoped nothing happened with his family again. I hoped-



"I forgot your birthday. I'm sorry." he suddenly apologized.



I quickly turned to him to catch his eyes on me once again, with a look of regret now.



"I've been so focused on this whole issue with my family that I forgot about your birthday." he said again.



This is what you're worrying about? Hey. Kunpimook Bhuwakul...BamBam...I told you not to say anything. 

 

I mentally groaned at the thought of seeing the two guys once again so I can hit them for not being able to keep secrets I tell them to keep. 



JB hyung still looked regretful.



I smiled and quickly shook my head.

 

"It's not a big deal hyung. It's just that I'm finally 18 now. I didn't want to celebrate it anyway." I tried to convince him to not worry so much about it. 



"I ed up."



"Hyung..."



I quickly turned towards him, lifting myself up from the floor. He's never shown this side to me before. Usually when he curses when it's just the two of us, it's a less violent word. He acts like Jackson hyung with this type of thing. He always says that I'm too innocent for him to curse in front of me, but then he forgets and does it anyway.



"You didn't. I didn't want anyone to know. I even told my mom to forget it." I said, trying to get over the fact that he just really cursed in front of me without any hesitation. It's not like I've never cursed before, but it's still a little shocking to suddenly hear it when JB hyung curses.



Somehow I feel he sees past my age now if not a little.



"I'm going to plan something."



"Hyung you don't have to-"



"I'll surprise you."



I turned to face him once again and JB had a smile plastered onto his face this time. It made me instantly smile too. His smiles do that to me, because it's a rare opportunity to see all of his teeth.



The thought of seeing all his teeth quickly made me start laughing.



"Hey."



"I'm sorry hyung." I apologized. "It's just funny." I said, continuing to laugh. 
 


Silence soon came as my laughter died down. I finally laid down again, next to JB hyung who already found his way inside the warm blankets on the floor. I soon could feel the rise and fall of his breathing. When I turned to look at him minutes later, his eyes were closed.



Slowly, I lifted myself up and pulled up close to his face, examining every inch of his face. I soon found a smile appear on mine. 



This hyung looks tired. 



"What are you doing?"



I quickly pulled back at his voice and at the realization of the closeness of our faces seconds ago. Chuckling shyly I apologized, laying down with my back to him.

 

"Silence soon came again.



I couldn't fail to replay every inch of JB hyung's face in my mind though, chuckling at the contrast of his appearance to his actual personality. 


____________________________________________________



I woke up before JB hyung, somehow being able to hear the laughter and chatter going on outside of the room even in my deep sleep.



I sat staring at JB hyung for a few minutes before stretching and yawning. 



Let's give him more time to sleep.



Silently locating my bag, I found the things I needed and got up, intending to go straight to the bathroom.



When I stepped out of the room I was introduced to an unknown bright light. I checked the time. Past noon. Usually the time when my aunts and uncles start showing up with the rest of their families. 



I could hear them pretty clearly as I made my way to the bathroom, managing to not get caught.



I didn't want to go through them harassing me about school as they usually do as soon as they see me.



Unfortunately I got caught when leaving the bathroom. One of my aunts pulled me into the kitchen where they all started squeezing me into hugs, and then quickly asking about which college I'm planning to go to.



I'm glad my mom was there to answer all of their needy questions.



"Youngjae brought a friend with him too. What's his name again? Im Jaebum. A college student. What school does he go to? What is he studying?" My sister suddenly started talking about JB hyung and I quickly left the kitchen, with an excuse of needing to use the bathroom.



I hoped they didn't plan to harass JB hyung the same way they always harass me. 



I should probably warn him.



"Youngjae."



A tired looking JB hyung stood in front of me, a hand going through his hair.



"You're up hyung." I said smiling.



"I'm surprised that you're up before me." he replied yawning. 



"I'm not that heavy of a sleeper." I whined walking up to him. "Do you need the bathroom?" I asked.



"Yeah."



I showed him the bathroom, watching as he grabbed some towels from our temporary room to go take a shower. 



"You're taking another shower?" I asked.



"To wake me up. I don't want to get sleepy in the middle of everything." he said leaving the room. 



I nodded and sat down. After more than a few minutes passed I decided folding and putting away the blankets would be a nicer thing to do to occupy my time while waiting for JB hyung. 



I'm sure he would like it if I put everything away as well. Let's not forget what kind of neat freak nagging hyung he is when things get messy. 



JB hyung soon walked in, wearing fresh new clothes, hair damp and soaking the back of his shirt.

 

"The towel isn't working. Maybe I shouldn't have washed it." he said pointing to his still dripping wet hair. 



"Do you need a dryer?" I asked him.

 

He nodded and I gladly went to locate my older sister's blow dryer. 



When I returned to the room JB hyung was on his phone. I handed him the dryer but he didn't take it. Frowning I plugged it in and sat down next to him. 



He soon put the phone on speaker and Jackson's loud voice surrounded the room. 



"We're in Busan!" Jackson yelled excitedly. Mark said a few things and then Jr came on the phone.



"Sorry. Jackson had a few too many." he said. I didn't understand but I noticed JB hyung nodding with a smirk. 



"You two enjoy yourselves and hey Choi Youngaje!"



"Huh?" I perked up at the call of my name.



"Happy late birthday! Next time tell us okay! When we meet up we're having a party! No matter what you say you hear me?" he said.



I laughed glancing towards JB who looked away. It was most likely him who told Jr hyung. None of these guys can keep their mouths closed as I've discovered. 



"We have to go!" Jackson's loud voice surrounded the room again, and then there was a bit of commotion before JB hyung took it upon himself to hang up, shaking his head and smiling.



A small silence surrounded us for a few moments after that. 



"Hey."



I snapped from my trance, looking at JB in confusion. He held his hand out. 



"You going to hand me that? Or do it for me?" he asked pointing to the blow dryer. I smirked and placed the dryer in his hand.

 

"I already did that once hyung." I said sticking my tongue out.



The sound of the dryer surrounded the room as JB hyung dried his hair and I finished putting the blankets away.



"We have a few moments so you want to look over some of your work?" I asked.



JB hyung finished drying his hair a while ago, sitting down and playing with his phone. I went in and out of the room a few times before finally laying down.



"Don't you think you should introduce me first?" he asked.



Are you ready for the questioning?



I agreed, nodding. 

 

"Whatever you say hyung." I said smirking.



He finally got up and followed me into the kitchen, where everybody was, talking about who knows what they always talk about. I never stay around to listen, or fear getting dragged in.



As soon as we stepped in there their heads all turned towards us. 



"This is Im Jaebum, my hyung." I said pointing next to me.



JB hyung introduced himself again and as soon as he finished talking my aunts were crowded around him, asking him the questions I knew they would all ask. 



Laughing, I caught eyes with JB hyung for a few moments before shrugging and going to find something for us to eat. 



"You're the one that wanted to be introduced." I mumbled chuckling. "Idiot."



"Hey. Choi Youngaje. I heard that!"



I quickly apologized, laughing and running away as he pointed a finger at me. 



"Youngjae! Come help us set up the table." 



I was looking through the kitchen to find something for JB hyung when my mom tapped me on the shoulder, quickly pulling me away. 



"Where are the others?" I asked.

 

My aunts have children, and they invited their friends who also have kids, so I wondered why I was the only one being pulled to help.



"They're playing outside, let them enjoy. Come help me." she said.



"What about JB hyung?"



I lifted my head to make eye contact with JB hyung who was eating a slice of apple. I wondered who gave it to him. They all crowded around him, still questioning him. I sighed and gave up, helping my mom and her sister with the tables.



After that I was dragged back into the kitchen. Sometimes I wonder if I'm her son or her house helper. 



It was only a few minutes after I finished helping set the table, and started stirring some heating soup that a hand suddenly landed over mine. 



I looked up and JB hyung smirked.



"You didn't think I was going to leave you right?" he asked. 



His new actions are starting to surprise me one by one as they appear.



"I thought you would." I said, smiling.



He shook his head.



"Don't forget." he said turning to me. "You still need your energy to help me later." 



A laugh quickly escaped me and I nodded.

 

"That's right hyung." I said.

So he took the ladle from my hand and pushed me away slightly, taking over the stirring. I stared at him for a few moments wondering what got into him when I was quickly instructed to do something else. 



I shook my head, smirking at JB hyung's new behavior. It's always something new with him nowadays.


____________________________________________________



We were given permission to leave after that, so I quickly went back into the room with JB hyung.



"What exactly do you need help with hyung?" I asked him. 

 

He sat next to his bag and looked at me.



"It's not that I need help. It's that I'm not sure and I want to be sure." he said.



I laughed loudly. Only seconds ago he was whining about me saving my energy to help him.



"What's so funny?" he asked.



I stopped laughing, my hands quickly folding across my chest.

 

"Nothing hyung. Let's get started." I chuckled.



I watched as he grabbed his bag, surprised that it was only full with school books. He started opening some complicated math textbooks and I sighed, mentally preparing myself. 



I somehow understand after looking at Jackson's notes, but usually I am not very good in math either.



We started with the chapter he last learned by going over his notes and making sure he understood. I tried to make up some problems from his notes and he surprisingly got it all right when he tried answering them.



What exactly does he need help with? 



"This English book is a bit confusing."



I looked up in surprise at him.

 

"Hyung...I don't know English. Maybe Jackson or Mark hyung." I said nervously chuckling. 



"You don't?" he asked. "I can help you." he said.



I stared at him as he opened his English book. 



"Hyung I don't think-"



"Okay we'll start from the beginni-"



"Youngjae! It's time for you two to come out. Everyone's here."
 


My mother's voice vibrated through the room and I mentally thanked her. The only time her yelling my name helped me.



"Come on hyung. Let's change and go out." I said.



JB hyung nodded and soon we were changed into our hanbok. 



There were more people than the last time. I didn't recognize half of them but they all greeted me as if I knew them. 
 


"Youngjae. Who's your friend?" a girl I didn't know asked. I could sense her curiousness. She looked at JB hyung in a certain way that made me want to roll my eyes.



"This is Im Jaebum. He's my hyung." I introduced JB hyung and even before we could sit, the questions once again started.



I mentally apologized to him and even stacked his bowl of rice full of meat to really apologize. There was nothing I could do because they never listen to me.



I listened as they asked JB hyung if he had a girlfriend, what school he goes to, what he's studying, what his intentions are for the future, how he and I met, how he intends to help me grow, questions that sounded as if he was here for a marriage interview.



The thought made me shake my head in embarrassment. 



"Your old enough to drink right?"



I snapped from my thoughts and watched as my mom willingly handed JB hyung some liquor. He looked at it for a few seconds as if he didn't want to drink. We quickly caught eyes.



"H-he doesn't drink." I tried to do something to stop what was being forced on him.



"Are you not old enough? All the adults are drinking so only this once you should enjoy with u-"



I glared at my older sister. "But he doesn't drin-"



"It's okay." JB hyung quickly interrupted me. We caught eyes for a second once again. Only a second before he drank the small cup full of liquor that was handed to him.



I watched my mom and the other elders cheering as if JB hyung has done something they've all wanted him to accomplish months ago. After all that talk about him being a bad influence she willingly hands him alcohol. 



I watched as JB hyung continued drinking with them, knowing he couldn't refuse made me feel bad.

 

Why did I invite him? Somehow I knew this would happen. 



"You okay hyung?" I asked after they stopped handing him drinks.



JB hyung nodded and out of no where a smile landed on his face. 



He spent a lot of time with my grandparents, often turning towards me to tell me some embarrassing story that my grandma told him. He kept asking if the stories were true. I refused to answer him. 



He didn't need to keep asking for long though. My mom quickly took over that task of confirming the embarrassing childhood stories. 



She began talking about me still wetting the bed at the tender age of 5. I groaned in embarrassment as she talked about how I once asked her to wake me up early but she called millions of times and I didn't pick up so I had to show her my cute side and give her a kiss for her to forgive me.



I lowered my head as they all started asking for it. I don't understand this whole thing with being cute. I can't be cute, especially when I'm suddenly asked without any warning.



"How do I do it?" I asked, after they all started harassing me. 



The girl talking to JB hyung earlier started doing some hand movements and making odd noises and I quickly frowned and lowered my head in embarrassment.



"Your ears are so red." 



I felt a pull to my ear and lifted my head to glare at JB. He chuckled and pulled away. 



I repeated the hand movements but didn't do the noises. They cheered as if I had accomplished my entrance exams. It made me quickly start laughing in embarrassment. Then I quickly excused myself to cool down my red ears that JB hyung often commented on. 



How can my whole face get so red?

 

I don't know either. 


____________________________________________________



They continued eating. I earlier excused myself to cool my face down. It felt warm, and they kept repeating how my face was still red.

 

I stepped out from the bathroom moments later with a refreshed face. The voice I heard soon stopped me though. I could hear my dad's voice very clearly.

 


When did he get here?
 


"Youngjae hyung! Your dad's here." I heard one of the younger kids yell as I got closer to the table.



"Dad." I greeted him and quietly took a seat back in my spot next to JB hyung. The others continued chatting but I felt like my whole mood changed after seeing my dad. It's not really that we don't get along, it's that I'm scared of him much more than of my mom to be completely truthful. Acting cute does not work on him. 



"Youngjae. Choi Youngjae." I snapped from my thoughts, looking towards my mom.



"You're still going to be a doctor right? Following your father's step. We're planning to send him to a health school." My mom bragged and I could feel my dads eyes on me.
 


That's the thing, I don't want to be a doctor. I've never wanted to be a doctor. They chose that for me and I don't know how to tell them that anything besides a doctor. Can't I choose what I want to do with my life? As long as I get money isn't it good? 



All the things I wanted to say but was too afraid to say suddenly went through my mind. 



"Youngjae. Are you going to answer me." my mom spoke and I pulled away from my thoughts nodding.



"You're not a kid anymore, answer your mother." My dad's voice surrounded the room and it was like a arrow through my heart. 
 


I lowered my head.



"Ok. I'm sorry." I replied. 
 


JB hyung suddenly nudged me on my arm. I ignored him, quietly regretting that even more.



"But I don't want to be a doctor." I quietly said, even surprising myself. JB hyung is really starting to influence me. I would usually never speak out against them like that. 



"Did I hear you correctly?" my dad's voice boomed through the room and I quickly apologized, getting up. 



"I have to go to the bathroom." I said excusing myself once again, this time both from embarrassment and a bit of anger.



I couldn't believe that JB hyung saw it. 


____________________________________________________



"You okay?"



I turned around slightly, surprised to find JB hyung leaning against the door, his arms crossed, looking at me.



"Hy...hyung..." I said quickly standing up. I wondered how he figured I wasn't really going to the bathroom. 



He just stood smiling slightly. He walked up to me and sat down. I sat next to him after a moments of silence.



Another moment of silence passed. I couldn't believe I was showing him this side of me. Only Yugyeom has seen me after I get in a fight with my dad. 



"Sometimes I think I'm just too young to understand my dad." I said nervously chuckling. 
 


A hand landed on my shoulder and I leaned into that support. Usually Yugyeom would hug me but he wasn't here, and JB hyung hates hugs. 



I think...



I've never tried, even looking at him gives me goosebumps sometimes. I can't touch him. It will be awkward, but his hand on my shoulder helped me a little. 



With my head lowered I smiled slightly.



"I'm fine hyung." I said smiling at him when I lifted my head and we finally caught eyes once again. "It always happens like this." I said laughing it out. 



He just continued patting my shoulder.



The more he patted the more I felt tears begin to fill my eyes out of anger. To stop them I unconsciously hugged him. 



His surprise showed when he didn't return the hug, so I quickly pulled away and apologized.

 

"Sorry hyung. I thought you were Yugyeom." I said nervously.



I got up to walk out of the room when a warm hand suddenly grabbed my own.

Everything suddenly felt odd. We've never been this close before. Even during the night when we're sleeping in the same bed and he says odd things.

JB hyung suddenly pulled me into a hug and I quickly accepted it with a wide smile on my face.

 

"Thanks hyung." I mumbled into his shoulder.
 


Does this mean a new block is broken between us? Am I allowed to hug him now? 



I didn't understand what was going through my mind but I was glad that JB hyung continued comforting me. 



He didn't reply me, or say anything. We hugged in silence.



I know it's because of his image he tries to keep up, but underneath that frightening aura, JB hyung is a nice person who enjoys eating chicken and loving cats. 



I pulled away after a while, apologizing and thanking him once again. I felt that I needed to pull away first for him. 



Silence surrounded us. I kept on smiling, unable to look him in the face.



"I didn't know my dad was suddenly going to come. He just expects a lot from me sometimes." I said shaking my head and laughing. 



He didn't reply. 

"Sorry they keep asking you so many personal questions." I finally got a chance to apologize for my family's behavior. "My aunts think that being in college means that you should be going to service and getting married soon." I said shaking my head.



JB hyung just patted my shoulder again. I perked up at his sudden response.



His small smile also caught my attention.

 

He shook his head.

 

"My parents do the same." he said.



It made me chuckle. I couldn't stop chuckling. JB hyung joined in with me after a small moment. We sat chuckling at who knows what for quite a while before a knock on the door from my mom interrupted me.



"Youngjae? Are you crying?" she asked through the closed door.



"No." I replied.



"You know how dad is. He did the same thing to me too. He'll get over it." my sister quickly said.



It made me smile. A hand landed in my hair and I turned to JB hyung who smiled widely at me. 



"Ready to go eat some more now?" he asked.



We both laughed and headed out the room where we once again took our places and began eating. I didn't have any interaction with my dad after that, but I did notice the guilt on his face. 



The questions towards JB hyung unfortunately didn't stop though. 



The rest of the night went by quickly. 



After eating we all cleared the tables and settled around each other continuing to eat fruits and rice cake. More like my family telling JB hyung more embarrassing stories about me while they ate fruits and rice cake.



My grandmother was happy to show JB hyung my baby pictures. ones and all. 



I embarrassingly sat going through it all as JB hyung chuckled. We caught eyes quite a few times during that and he chose to snicker. 



His eyes would slightly look me over up and down and I would hit him and quickly apologize. It continued like this for a lot of the baby pictures. 



I wondered why my parents took so many pictures of a their baby boy, only to figure out that half of them were taken by my older sister and grandmother. 
 


The night passed by quite quickly like this. 



"You two should get to sleep now."



I looked around to realize that JB hyung and I were the only of the youngest left. The elders sat around drinking. 



"We'll be going to sleep now." I said getting up and yawning. Catching eyes with him, JB hyung  stood up and we both walked back into our temporary room. 



He showered first even after I reminded him that it would be his third shower in one day. He said he needed it. And so I waited and quickly took one after him.

 

When I arrived he already set up the make believe bed full of blankets on the floor. 



JB hyung was laying there playing on his phone. 
 


I grabbed my own phone, turned off the lights, and quickly laying down in my spot, yawning and stretching. It didn't take long for me to turn my back to JB hyung, planning to get a good sleep. 



"Is the light bothering you?"



I was halfway asleep when his voice woke me up. 



"Mm?"



"The light to my phone." he said.



"No." I quickly replied.
 


"Jinyoung says everything I think shows right on my face. Can you see it?" he suddenly asked.
 


Not tonight hyung. Go to sleep.



I knew the alcohol they gave him would cause this. It happens even when he's not drunk. I wonder if JB hyung even gets drunk. He has an odd habit though, of talking about nonsense before he goes to sleep.
 


Nonsense as in nothing that makes sense or questions that you would never hear from someone by the name of Im Jaebum.



"Youngaje."



Defeated I fully opened my eyes.



"I can never tell from looking at your face. Sometimes I can but I'm not a mind reader hyung. Let's sleep now. Tomorrow we all have to go to the grav-"



"Right now. What kind of expression do you think I'm making?" he quickly interrupted me.



"I don't know hyung." I replied turning my body around slightly to look at him. I could only see the shadow of his figure, the room darkened everything. 



"Guess." he said after a moment of silence.



"Hyung...are you drunk?" I nervously asked giggling at his sudden cuteness.



He burst into a loud laugh. 



"Shh...your going to wake them up." I said giggling at his laughter. Hearing JB hyung's laugh is always funny.

 

Maybe he should get drunk often...but I don't like people who drink or smoke. Actually I hope JB hyung never decides drinking or smoking as a hobby of some sort.



I didn't mind when he soon grabbed my hand after calming himself down from the laughter.



"Your hands are soft Youngjae." he said.



"Are you trying to say I'm fat?" I asked.



He chuckled. "You are." he replied.



I quickly pulled my hand away and hit him before turning my back to him once again.



He's so mean. I should have ignored him and went to sleep.
 


"I'm kidding." he said, forcefully grabbing my hand again.

 

I sighed and turned to him. "You're drunk hyung. You act like this at night but not to this extent. I'm sorry they forced you to drink. Don't do it again." I said apologizing.



"What are you talking about? I was just about to say you're not fat, you're chubby." he said.
 


I once again hit him, twice this time. JB hyung just chuckled before quickly grabbing hold of my hand for a third time, stopping me before I could hit him a third time.



"Your hits hurt." he said.



"Good." I replied chuckling.



"At least don't hit the same place again." he said.

 

His voice sounded odd. I wanted to see what kind of face he does while he is acting drunk and cute. It was probably my only chance to see it, but getting up to turn on the lights and staring at him seemed a little strange the more I thought about it.



Is it the same face he always shows?



A silence overtook us quickly after that. JB hyung didn't let my hand go and I didn't pull away. I think we fell asleep in this position, laying on our backs holding hands. 



An embarrassing position when you think about it.


____________________________________________________



I woke up to the sound of my alarm loudly going off.

 

I quickly turned it off, hoping I didn't wake JB hyung up.



After laying there for a while I got up and went to get ready. Almost everyone was already up, some of my aunts and my grandmother were making food.



When I got back in the room JB hyung was still asleep. I snickered at his sleeping form. 



And you joke that I'm a deep sleeper. 



After finding proper clothes to wear I quietly walked up to him and kneeled down, at first staring at his face. I always take the chance to do this when he's asleep. He would pull me into a neck hold if I were to ever do it when he's not sleeping.



It's always a rare sight to see his face so clearly and so close. He looks a bit peaceful when he's asleep.



"Hyung?"



I gently shook his shoulder after a while too long of just staring at him. 



"Hyung. We're all going to the graves today. You can stay and sleep if you want." I said. 



JB hyung quickly opened his eyes. "I'm up." he said.



I smiled and nodded. He lifted himself up, grabbed a few things before leaving to the bathroom. When he came back his hair was wet and he was in a new pair of clothes. 



"You never dry your hair fully." I said.



"We don't have time do we?" he asked.



I stood up, stepping out to go borrow my sisters hair dryer once again. 



I pushed JB hyung to sit down, and dried his hair myself. He didn't protest as he would usually do when I try something like this. 



I wonder if he's still drunk. Does he remember what happened yesterday? 



He didn't say anything. I soon finished his hair for him and we walked out to be greeted by my whole family.

 

It's the day to go visit the graves of our ancestors. 



The car ride was silent. My dad decided to drive. I'm surprised he hasn't said anything about JB hyung yet. I guess my mom had a long talk with him since she has suddenly approved JB hyung being around me. 
 


I wonder if I can invite the other hyungs now. 



It wasn't a long trip to our destination. It's usually like this every year. We meet at my older sister's house instead of my grandparent's house because she lives closer to the graves. 



The trip wasn't as long either. 



By the time I knew it we were all back in the house and they started making more food to eat with the many leftovers.



I don't usually mind. It means food to eat for a long time after this. 



We all sat around the table once again eating, talking about the trip, and my grandfather started talking about old stories from his childhood. 



I listened closely. It's always nice to hear about the lives of the elderly back when I wasn't even born yet. 



I glanced towards JB hyung who also seemed to be listening very closely. 
 


The stories went by one after the other. They finally stopped asking JB hyung so many questions. I noticed one of my aunts daughters clinging on him. She has so many kids to be honest.



JB hyung smiled and played with her. Most likely because she's so young. Younger than me even. Though he acts like he doesn't, JB hyung really likes cute small things, like cats.



I shook my head. She clung on him as if JB hyung would soon ask her out. I looked away after she caught eyes with me and stuck her tongue out. Of course a 12 year old would react like this.



"It's time to exchange gifts."



My sister's booming voice interrupted me from my thoughts and I sighed and looked up at her. 



"Youngjae. Go get the gifts."



I stood and went for the many gifts my mom bought for everyone.



"I brought some gifts too."



JB hyung patted me on the shoulder and I watched as he walked into the room and brought back big gifts. I wondered how he managed to hide it all from me.
 


We all exchanged gifts. Mostly food and alcohol. I got a lot of fruit and I shared it with JB hyung. 



After that the adults once again began drinking and I managed to pull JB hyung away, not without my aunt's daughter though.



I ignored her all the way until she opened .



"Oppa is so handsome. You're so tall. You have very big muscles." she said giggling and clinging to JB hyung.



I almost wanted to laugh. I could suddenly tell that he felt uncomfortable when she started squeezing his arms. We caught eyes and I stuck my tongue out at him. 



Hmph. That's what you get.



"Only I can do this." the little girl said. "Right Oppa?"



I caught eyes with the little girl before playfully pulling on JB hyung's other arm. I didn't even notice I did until moments later when he pulled away. 



"Hey." he said.



I quickly apologized giggling with my hands crossed over my chest for defense. He just smiled, but who knows what's really going on in his head. 



"Youngjae oppa is strange." the little girl suddenly said.



JB hyung burst into a laugh and I pouted and started walking away in a bit of annoyance.



He's so mean.


____________________________________________________
 


"We're going to study the whole day today hyung. I've told everyone not to bother us."



I woke up early and woke up JB hyung a couple of minutes ago. We haven't had time to look over his work as much. I at least want to help him a little more than what I have.



After groaning and laying there for a while, JB hyung got up and headed straight to the bathroom. I waited until he came back, starting to take his books out of his bag.



"Let me go shower first." he said.



He grabbed a few things and disappeared. I waited for him for quite a while before getting restless and going to find something to eat.



My sister stood with her husband talking. I quickly apologized for interrupting them.



"JB hyung is showering now. We're going to be studying soon. I came to find something to eat." I said.



"Do you two know what time it is? What time did you sleep yesterday? You suddenly came to me early in the morning to ask me not to disturb you while studying but then you disappeared. When I checked you were sleeping again." she said laughing.



I checked the time which directly read noon. I didn't realize I fell back asleep when I woke up earlier to tell everyone not to bother JB hyung and I while studying.



"I guess we slept late." I admitted. Since JB hyung always wants to have a serious conversation before he sleeps. I didn't say this to her though.
 


"Go shower too. What do you two want to eat? I'll order something." she said.
 


"Isn't there left over food?" I asked, not wanting her to go out of her way to buy food when there's food in the house.



"Mom and the others packed it up. They're going to the shelter to hand it out since there's always extra food left." she said. 



I nodded.

 

My mom sometimes has these instances when she goes to orphanages or buildings for people without a lot of money to give them things. She's never given left over from from Chuseok though.



"What does Jaebum like?" my sister suddenly asked.



"How about what I like?" I asked her.



"He's your guest isn't he?" she asked snickering.



I sighed. "JB hyung likes chicken." I said.



She smiled and nodded.

 

"Go shower and I'll order you some chicken." she said. "I'm going to be out today but mom is coming with the others in a few hours. And don't worry, I told her not to disturb your precious time with your hyung."



My sister laughed loudly. "Your ears are red Youngaje." she said.



"I don't know why..." I mumbled nervously.



She continued laughing and I sighed and left her. She always picks at me. She's like the hyung's. She never calls or bothers to come over to see us, but whenever I come to her house she just bullies and makes fun of me. 

 

But I know it's a playful bullying and she doesn't come over much because she has a child to take care of now.



I bumped into JB hyung going back into the room.



"I'm going to shower too." I told him. He nodded and I quickly grabbed a towel and ran into the bathroom as well. 



I finished quickly, wanting to start with the work as soon as possible. 



We started studying as soon as I returned to the room. Though he agreed to it, I quickly noticed that JB hyung didn't look like he was enjoying it at all, at least unlike the first day we opened the books up.



"I'm hungry." he suddenly said.



That perked me up and reminded me. I thought of a great plan before asking him to wait.



"What is that?" he asked when I walked back into the room. I smirked, glad the chicken was already in the house when I walked into the kitchen. 



"You won't focus so I brought your favorite. My sister ordered for us." I said putting the bag on the table and taking out the box of chicken. I grabbed a pair of chopsticks and picked up a chicken leg, taking a huge bite. JB hyung's hand went for the box when I pulled it away and put it behind me. 



"You can't eat until we at least finish going through the second chapter hyung." I said pointing to his book.

 

He stared at me for a second, but finally nodded.

 

So I quickly started going over a few problems with him. 



"Do you get it hyung? It's as simple as that." I pointed to a problem in the book.



Silence.
 


"Hyung?"



JB hyung didn't reply. I looked up, only to regret it when he reached for the box behind me. I pulled back fast, and as if some drama, our faces pulled closely together instantly. 



I quickly pushed him back. "Hyung!" I yelled.



Is he trying to topple me over for some chicken?

 

I could barely hold my weight with the chopsticks in my hand as he leaned in front of me. 



He glared. "Okay." he said. "Maybe you should become a teacher with how strict you're being." he mumbled. "I'm just hungry." 



I sighed and took a bite of the chicken in front of him again before pushing the box towards him and opening the bottle of cola. 



"All this for food. After this all of the next chapter okay hyung?" I said, pouring him a cup of cola.



He chuckled before opening the box of chicken with a smile.



"I really don't understand what's so good about chicken. I mean it is good but you even start dancing when you're eating it hyung. It's really funny." 



I instantly crossed my arms across my chest, tightening my eyes and waiting for him to pull me into a neck hold. When he didn't I quickly opened my eyes and looked at him.



He stared at me for a bit, a funny look on his face. I stuck my tongue out at him and he quickly pulled the chicken from my chopstick and shoved the whole thing in his mouth.



I put the chopsticks down and watched him go.



JB hyung finished the chicken quickly and gave me the bone.



"Wow." I said.



"What?" he said looking at me, a smirk on his face.



"You have a big mouth hyung." I said chuckling loudly. He lunged for me and my hands instantly went up once again for cover. I laughed uncontrollably as JB hyung managed to pull me into a neck hold. 



His favorite move, that though is uncomfortable, always makes me giggle.



My laughter died down as he finally let me go and we ate in silence. Soon after eating, the motivation sort of hit him.



JB hyung began working on every practice problem I handed him. 



I don't know why it always makes me smile to see him work so hard for something. 



"What is it?"



His voice pulled me from my thoughts.



"You're smiling like an idiot and staring at me." he said.



I hit him instantly. 



Is Yugyeom teaching him things?

 

Sometimes I feel the guys all plot to harass me with jokes and lies since I'm so gullible.



"I think I got this one right."



He ignored my hit and handed me the paper. I checked over his work with the book.



"It's right hyung. You see, you understand. "You're good at this." I patted his shoulder and instead of pulling me into another neck hold, I watched as he smiled.



All his teeth could be seen as he looked away, probably from embarrassment at my comment as he began working on the next problem. 



I don't know what suddenly came over me.



"JB hyung fiiiiigting. Fiiiighting!" I cheered him on.



He was trying to ignore it like he usually does when I suddenly do any sort of cute action towards him, but I spotted that small smile on his face that he tried to hide.


____________________________________________________



The last day in Mokpo was just a day to relax. I helped JB hyung as much as possible but we ended up just going to look around and then coming back home to relax.



I've never had such a memorable time during Chuseok.



As we drove back home, I mentioned to myself to always ask JB hyung to come with me when my family decides to meet up. 


____________________________________________________