Chapter 11

Call Me JB Hyung

Call Me JB Hyung - Chapter 11
____________________________________________________

 

"Cut this." JB hyung handed me some peppers and I did what he wanted. 
 
 
He looks so serious about it. Since when did he become a cook? 
 
 
I chuckled at the thought.
 
 
He was making food I have never seen before. All he asked me to do was cut and stir, and I followed, continuing to help him because of my own hunger. 
 
 
"Hey. Youngjae."
 
 
"Hm? Sorry." I quickly apologized, looking down to see a hand folded over mine. 
 
 
I looked up at him. 
 
 
"Hyung?"
 
 
"I said you're going to cut yourself. Pay attention."
 
 
I nodded, apologizing again as I quickly finished cutting the peppers and put them all in a bowl for him. 
 
 
"What do I do now?" I asked.
 
 
The door bell suddenly rang and he smirked.
 
 
"Answer the door." he said.
 
 
I laughed and went to answer the door.
 
 
"Youngjai!"
 
 
I think Jackson hyung likes my Chinese name more than anything else. Although I still don't really know what it means, he always takes the chance to scream it out.
 
I chuckled as I was pulled into a quick and tight high five hug. 
 
 
Jackson walked past me and Jr and Mark hyung stood in front of me smiling wide.
 
 
"We were going to go to the studio, but decided we should come here." Jr said. 
 
 
I smiled and nodded.
 
 
"You're cooking?" Mark asked.
 
 
"Yeah. I don't know what JB hyung's making though." I replied laughing. 
 
 
"Where's Yugyeom and BamBam?" Jr asked.
 
 
"They went to the studio. That's where they always are." I laughed.
 
 
"We should have went, but let's eat first." Mark hyung walked past me and Jackson hyung followed him.
 
 
"We'll go later. After we eat." Jr hyung replied with a smirk.
 
 
He walked past me and I closed the door and followed him to the kitchen, where he suddenly grabbed a spoon from JB hyung and pushed him aside.
 
 
I guess he knows what he's making. 
 
 
I watched for a little bit before JB hyung suddenly called me over.
 
 
"Is cooking your new hobby now? What happened to dancing?" I asked.
 
 
"What. Huh? What did you say?" he asked, looking at me.
 
 
"Is cooking your new hobby?" I asked again, chuckling.
 
 
I watched him finally put an apron on. The same one I was trying to force him to put on earlier. 
 
 
I guess Jr hyung got him to put it on.
 
 
"I live alone and I'm hungry." he suddenly said.
 
 
But you asked the girl from your school to be your girlfriend right? 
 
 
I just laughed in response, taking some more peppers handed to me. JB hyung stood behind me, looking over my shoulders the whole time, even though he had something to do too.
 
 
We ate as soon as we finished cooking.
 
 
"Youngjae! There's one more bowl!"
 
 
Jackson hyung's sudden loud voice made me almost drop my chopsticks.
 
 
"There's one more bowl!" he yelled again.
 
 
I grabbed the last bowl of rice and walked over to the them. They were sitting down around the table. 
 
 
"Finally. I'm hungry." Jackson took the bowl of rice from me and quickly started eating.
 
 
"This is good what is it?" Mark suddenly asked.
 
 
He looked at me and I shrugged.
 
 
"JB hyung made it. I just helped." I replied. 
 
 
I didn't miss JB hyung's sudden smirk and wink. It made me laugh.
 
 
If BamBam were with us he would of screamed "Eww" and made fun of him. 
 
 
"It's my secret."
 
 
"Eww." I instantly yelled for BamBam.
 
 
JB hyung pointed at me and I chuckled and pulled back from him a little. 
 
 
"Where are those two anyway?" Jackson asked. 
 
 
"They're at the studio don't you remember? We're going to go after right?" Jr hyung replied.
 
 
I stared at him wink and instantly I thought it was strange.
 
 
Mark nodded as usual but Jackson burst into a sudden fit of laughter. 
 
 
What's with him?
 
 
"There's this move I want Yugyeom to teach me." Jackson said. "Youngjae should come dance too. Later when you don't have to study. I think leader can show you a lot of moves."
 
 
"Hey!" JB hyung suddenly hit Jackson making Jackson start laughing loudly again.
 
 
I bet they're planning something. 
 
 
We quickly finished eating in silence, staring at some music show on tv.
 
 
The guys left after we finished the dishes together. And as soon as they left JB hyung went into his room and returned with his bag of books.
 
 
I sat down on the floor, watching him take out his books and put them on the table.
 
 
"So what is it you need help on?" I asked, staring at him.
 
 
He sat down and started flipping through some pages in one of the books. Then he pointed and showed me the questions he needed help on.
 
 
We went over his books nonstop before we finally started on the work he actually needed help on.
 
 
"This is the only one I don't really understand." JB hyung pointed towards a math problem and I frowned. 
 
 
"I barely know math either hyung." I admitted. 
 
 
"Let's do it together." he said.
 
 
I slowly smiled and nodded. 
 
 
We worked through the night. It didn't go by without a call from my mom though. Once I said I was helping JB hyung with work she left us alone for the rest of the night.
 
 
By the time I knew it it was past midnight.
 
 
I yawned and stretched, looking up at JB hyung who was so focused that he didn't even realize I almost fell asleep twice.
 
 
"You know this Jaebum hyung. You don't need my help." I said, after a moment of staring at him writing things in a notebook.
 
 
His suddenly stopped writing.
 
 
I looked up from his frozen hand to look at him. He stared at me as usual.
 
 
What's with him now?
 
 
I chuckled nervously and moved back.
 
 
"What is it? Why did you stop all of a sudden?" I asked him. 
 
 
He smirked.
 
 
"You're not embarrassed to say my name anymore?" he asked.
 
 
I blinked, realizing what he was talking about. That first day we talked in the cafe and I said I wouldn't call him by his name. That was the day he told me to call him JB hyung instead. 
 
 
That was the day everything started to change right? Have I really never said his name since then? 
 
 
I smiled.
 
 
"I've never really said your name before?" I asked.
 
 
He chuckled.
 
 
"Do you think you ever have? What you told me is that you're embarrassed." he said.
 
 
I chucked and nodded.
 
 
"I'm over that now hyung. You're not my teacher anymore right? I'm also used to your bullying no-"
 
 
Giggles escaped me when he suddenly grabbed me, his arm going around my shoulder and pulling me towards him. I flinched back, continuing to giggle when his hand quickly grabbed the back of my neck. 
 
 
I tried pulling away but he didn't let me go.
 
 
"You're so red." he mumbled in my ear.
 
 
I tried pulling away again.
 
 
He finally let me go and I sighed, my giggles quieting down as my hand landed in the same spot he was grabbing earlier. 
 
 
"It's because you're too close...and it tickles." I admitted.
 
 
He smiled. I caught it fast before it disappeared.
 
 
"What's with that smile?" I asked him.
 
 
And instead of replying me, JB hyung picked up his pen, and continued from where he left off, writing down some math problems that I didn't understand.
 
 
I stared at him for a few minutes before shrugging.
 
 
This hyung is still acting a little odd. 
 
 
I only stared at JB hyung for a few more minutes before he finally put down his pen, yawned, and stretched.
 
 
"Tired now?" I asked.
 
 
"Are you?" he replied.
 
 
"I'm hungry." I admitted.
 
 
It was past midnight but I kept the hunger in for a long time. 
 
 
"I'll get you something to eat." he suddenly stood up.
 
 
I watched him disappear into his kitchen before coming back with some snacks. 
 
 
I could only stare until my name rang through my ears more than once.
 
 
"Hey."
 
 
"Yeah?" I quickly said. 
 
 
"What are you staring at?" he asked.
 
 
"You're unusually nice today hyung." I found myself saying.
 
 
"What are you talking about? I'm always nice." he replied.
 
 
I chuckled and nodded, staring down at the snacks he put on the table. 
 
 
"Let's eat!" I yelled. 
 
 
We ate and did a few more problems before JB hyung finally dropped me off. I considered staying at his apartment but I didn't have permission to. 
 
__________________________________________________________________________
 
Jr hyung texted me early the next morning.
 
 
I probably only got a few hours of sleep, nothing to really satisfy me. 
 
 
I wasn't even awake when my phone started ringing loudly. I almost mistook it for my alarm for school when I realized it was a Saturday and I didn't have to study for any more exams. 
 
 
"H...hello?" 
 
 
"Youngjae! You awake? We're coming to pick you up."
 
 
My eyes went wide and I got up.
 
 
"Wh..what? I'm still in bed." I quickly said.
 
 
"It's almost noon. Get up!" Jackson hyung yelled through the phone.
 
 
I quickly figured they were all together.
 
 
"What is it hyung...?" I whined. "I'm so tired." 
 
 
"Jaebum hyung is coming to pick you up now." Jr hyung said.
 
 
My whole body lifted from the bed and I quickly hung up the phone before rushing into the bathroom. I didn't know why I was in a rush suddenly but I didn't want JB hyung to have to wait for me to get ready and then make fun of me for sleeping so much.
 
 
I was back in my room getting dressed when a knock to my door shocked me.
 
 
"I'm getting dressed!" I yelled.
 
 
There was silence for a few moments. I managed to put on a pair of jeans before rushing to open my door.
 
 
"Where's your shirt?" JB hyung instantly asked.
 
 
"I'm going to put it on. I just finished with my shower. Why didn't you tell me about this yesterday hyung? I'm so tired." I said, quickly trying to find a shirt to put on.
 
 
He didn't say anything for quite a while. I managed to put my shirt on and turn around to find him sitting on my chair, his head lowered. Something looked off about him.
 
 
Maybe he didn't get enough sleep either. 
 
 
"Hyung?"
 
 
"I didn't know. They just called me today too. You don't have to go if you don't want to." he said. "Jinyoung called your mom already though." 
 
 
"My mom? Where is she?" I asked. 
 
 
"She let me in. She left with your dad a few minutes before I knocked on your door." he said.
 
 
"You met my dad?" my heart suddenly started beating fast.
 
 
"I only greeted him." he replied.
 
 
"Did he say anything?"
 
 
He laughed.
 
 
"He only replied." he said. 
 
 
"I haven't seen him. He works so late. I think I haven't said more than a few words to him since we left Mokpo." I admitted.
 
 
A short silence passed. I quickly tried to think of something to say. 
 
 
I don't really like when it gets too serious between JB hyung and me. We are friends, he admitted it himself, but sometimes it gets very awkward between us. I've noticed it always starts with a serious situation and then silence.
 
 
Sometimes JB hyung is okay touching me and fooling around like Jackson hyung always does, but then other times it's like he stays far away. It's like I'm a disease. It's why I think he's been acting even more strangely than before when I first met him. 
 
 
"So where are we going hyung?" I quickly asked, smiling wide as I finished drying my hair.
 
 
"They said you want to learn to dance." he replied.
 
 
"We're going to the studio?" I asked wide eyed.
 
 
"Yeah."
 
 
"But I'm not ready!" I yelled.
 
 
"Hey."
 
 
"Sorry." I apologized.
 
 
"I need to change then right?" I asked.
 
 
He nodded.
 
So I found some comfortable pants and a shirt.
 
 
And when I began changing JB hyung suddenly turned around.
 
 
I wanted to laugh.
 
 
It's like we can read each other's mind now or something. I don't know why we have to turn around when we're changing though, we are both guys, but I suppose I do get a little embarrassed. 
 
 
"Don't worry. I'll teach you." he suddenly said.
 
 
I finished putting on my shirt and walked over to him.
 
 
"Thanks hyung." I said, patting his shoulder. 
 
 
I watched him nod, for once not stealing my eyes from me. He wouldn't even look at me. I wanted to laugh when I quickly noticed something.
 
 
"Eh...hyung..."
 
 
"What is it?"
 
 
"You're not wearing your piercings." I said, noticing the one thing that seemed off about him when he walked into my room. 
 
 
JB hyung chuckled.
 
 
"Is it so surprising?" he asked, finally looking up at me.
 
 
I nodded.
 
 
"It's like you're a whole different person, a little cuter and friendly looking. I can just pinch your chee-"
 
 
"Hey."
 
 
I laughed loudly as he made a move for me but ended up sitting down again, laughing at me trying to protect myself from him. 
 
 
"Make sure to bring an extra pair of clothes." he said.
 
 
I laughed and did what I was told, hoping they weren't hiding something from me.
 
 
Why else would I need to bring an extra pair of clothes?
 
 
We finally left my house as soon as I finished drying my hair.
__________________________________________________________________________
 
I should have refused to go.
 
 
After introducing me to almost everyone in the studio, the guys quickly forced me into exercises before the dance teacher went over a few moves with us and then left it to free style. 
 
 
My eyes went wide at Mark hyung's flips high in the air. Jackson did some too, and I spotted JB and Jr hyung learning when BamBam and Yugyeom were helping me with my coordination. 
 
 
I almost gave up. 
 
 
It's not that I don't like dancing, well I don't dislike dancing. Jackson hyung agrees that I can remember the moves, but then I look strange trying to do them. This is what they spent hours teaching me. 
 
 
They called it...swag. Such an interesting word.
 
 
"You can remember everything we teach you so well. As expected of our genius. One day you'll be better than Yugyeom." Jackson hyung suddenly said. 
 
 
I laughed, mentally thanking him for the compliment. 
 
 
"But I'm not a genius hyung." I said.
 
 
We finished early in the day and used the bathroom showers one by one before leaving. Jackson hyung suggested we all go in at once, which isn't unusual, but we have never done it before, so we decided to do it one by one quickly and save each other from embarrassment. 
 
 
"Where are we going now?" I asked.
 
 
It seems I'm the one always asking this question. 
 
 
Me and Yugyeom ended up in JB hyung's car while the others were all in Jr hyung's car driving behind us.
 
 
"My place." JB hyung replied.
 
 
"Why? Are you tired already?" Yugyeom teased.
 
 
If we were not in a car and if he was not sitting behind me I would have hit him. I made sure to remember to hit him when we reached the apartment. 
 
 
JB hyung stopped by a restaurant and ordered some food and we all eventually met at his apartment. 
 
 
The first thing we did was eat, before we lazed around. 
 
 
"Let's play a game." BamBam suddenly said.
 
 
"Wait. I have something first."
 
 
We looked at JB hyung in confusion as he disappeared into his room, coming back quickly.
 
 
He started handing out cards. I watched him in confusion. 
 
 
"It's my birthday. You know right?" he asked with his usual smirk on his face as he handed me a card.
 
 
"Is it your birthday?" I jokingly replied.
 
 
His smirk disappeared for a second and I laughed.
 
 
"What do you mean is it?" he said pointing at me. 
 
 
"I know. I know." I said, crossing my arms across my chest in defense. 
 
 
It's my first letter from JB hyung...as expected, not even full sentences. 
 
 
"Youngjae-yah! It's my birthday. Don't you dare miss it!" I read his letter out loud, a smile slowly forming on my face.
 
 
This is like a threat.
 
 
I laughed and looked up to see JB hyung handing out the rest of the cards.
 
 
"Make sure to come with full hands." he suddenly said.
 
 
"What would he like for a present?" I mumbled to myself. 
 
 
Maybe Jr hyung can help.
 
 
I walked over towards Jr hyung and whispered to him, making sure to watch JB hyung talking to Jackson so he didn't overhear.
 
 
Jr hyung laughed.
 
 
"But you don't need to find a present." he whispered back.
 
 
"But we need to. I'm sure JB hyung is expecting something. He keeps saying come with full hands." I said chuckling.
 
 
And I also want to get him something he wants. 
 
 
"Just make sure to come. That's all you need to do. Show up with yourself." Jr hyung said, patting my shoulder. 
 
 
Huh?
 
 
I looked at him confused. 
 
 
Does he mean that JB hyung doesn't want presents?
 
 
He smiled and shook his head.
 
 
"Have you tried telling him you like him too? If you want to give him a present, tell him." he said. 
 
 
"Huh?" I continued staring at him, still confused, remembering that night of my birthday party I embarrassingly told Jr hyung about being happy that JB likes me as a friend. 
 
 
"I think he already knows that hyung." I whispered. "It's still embarrassing to say too..." I mumbled.
 
 
Jr hyung laughed and patted my shoulder again. Then he leaned in close to me.
 
 
"That's all I have. If you don't want to do this then ask him yourself. He's a little hard to understand right?" he whispered back.
 
 
I should have known. JB hyung is really a little hard to understand sometimes. 
 
 
I stared at him pulling BamBam into a neck hold. I wondered what BamBam said as I laughed at him whining at JB hyung's attempts of trying to lift him up.
 
 
I need to get him something.
 
__________________________________________________________________________
 
Graduation quickly became the new topic for the students in my school, the more it came closer. 
 
 
The teachers and student council already started preparing by decorating the whole school like usual. No one didn't not know that the day was coming.
 
 
A few weeks after JB hyung's birthday party I will finally be graduating high school.
 
 
I had the friendly reminders of the guys to keep my mind on it too.
 
 
I was allowed to come home early one day after classes. The first I've ever come home so early besides on the holidays when we go to Mokpo and I have to leave early.
 
 
I felt bad for BamBam and Yugueom but they only had a few more classes too, and they told me to go ahead and leave. 
 
 
I arrived home to a surprise. My mom has been helping her friend so much more now that I think it's become her part time job. I only see my dad early in the morning before school and if I arrive home late after midnight when he comes home from work, but when I arrived home from school, he was sitting in front of the tv eating.
 
 
"D-Dad." I said, surprised to see him.
 
 
"You're back. Your mom left to go help her friend again." he quickly said.
 
 
I haven't heard your voice in a while. 
 
 
Besides greeting each other, my dad and I really have not had any contact since Mokpo. He looked different to me. It looked like a new haircut, but something else, he looked as tired as I do when I don't get enough sleep.
 
 
"You're home early." I said.
 
 
"Today I decided to take a little break." he said. "Come sit down. Today you have no night classes?" he asked.
 
 
I hesitated but sat down next to him.
 
 
"The entrance exams are over. Mom said I don't have to go." I said.
 
 
"Graduation is coming up too." he said.
 
 
He suddenly looked excited. I wanted to laugh. I haven't seen my dad smile so wide in quite a while. 
 
 
"Is that coffee?" I noticed the cup in front of him. He rarely ever drinks alcohol, but instead he really likes pure black coffee.
 
 
"Don't tell your mom." he said winking.
 
 
I laughed loudly. 
 
 
My dad and I sat surprisingly comfortably and watched tv for a little while.
 
 
"I had a rough night working before I came to meet you all in Mokpo." he suddenly said.
 
 
I nodded, understanding his sudden apology, even though he avoided an actual apology. It made me smile.
 
 
He didn't say anything after that and I excused myself into my room. 
 
 
It wasn't long before there was a knock on my door. He told me they called him in for work. He had to prepare himself. It was only a short time with him but it made me happy and I giggled to myself once he left.
 
 
A few hours passed after my dad left.
 
 
I almost fell asleep laying on my bed in silence when my phone rang loudly, so I sighed and quickly picked it up, thinking it was Yugyeom or BamBam. 
 
 
"Yongjai." a familiar deep voice filled my ears.
 
 
"Jackson hyung." I said confused.
 
 
I quickly checked the caller and it was JB hyung's name.
 
 
"Youngjae." JB hyung's voice suddenly filled my ears this time.
 
 
"What are you guys doing?" I quickly asked.
 
 
"We stayed later than usual for some tests. We're hungry." Jackson hyung suddenly said.
 
 
I figured I was on speaker. 
 
 
"Is mom home?"
 
 
"No." I replied, not blinking twice at Jackson's choice of words. My mom has become our mom since Jr hyung's parents don't live in the area, and we haven't met JB hyung's parents yet. 
 
 
"We're hungry." Jackson said again.
 
 
"Where are you?" 
 
 
"Still in the building. We're waiting for Jinyoung and Mark to finish with their tests." JB hyung replied.
 
 
"Jinyoung didn't drive today." Jackson said.
 
 
Ah...that's why they're calling.
 
 
"My mom isn't home. I can find you something in the fridge." I said.
 
 
When they're hungry they act like they haven't eaten at all.
 
 
"I'll come get you. You meet me halfway." JB hyung said.
 
 
"Ok."
 
 
I hung up and quickly lifted myself off the bed, rushing into the kitchen to find anything for them to eat.
 
 
It's good that my mom keeps food in the fridge now that she's away a lot more.
 
 
After getting their food ready I changed from my school uniform that I realized I was still wearing. 
 
 
Without thinking about the weather or anything else I quickly left the house in a rush to meet JB hyung halfway like I promised. It's not that their university is near by, but if they're really hungry then JB hyung will drive as fast as he can.
 
 
I had a feeling I forgot something, but I didn't pay any attention to it.
 
 
I ran only a few minutes towards the bus stop when loud honking made me quickly stop. 
 
 
"What are you doing?" JB hyung parked and quickly rolled the passenger window down. He looked a little angry as he asked me again in what sounded like irritation.
 
 
I quickly stopped and ran up to his car.
 
 
"Hyung." I said surprised. He was even earlier than expected. 
 
 
"It's freezing. Why are you only wearing a shirt?" he asked me, and I suddenly realized what I was missing.
 
 
He didn't give me time to answer.
 
 
"Get in."
 
 
I quickly got into his car, realizing I was shivering.
 
 
JB hyung took my bag and then reached behind him. It surprised me when he threw a sweater at me.
 
 
I looked at him in surprise.
 
 
"Are you trying to get sick? It was hot before but it's crazy cold now." he said.
 
 
I smiled.
 
 
"Thanks hyung." I said.
 
 
He didn't reply, so I quickly put on his sweater.
 
 
"Be glad Jackson has an extra jacket with him today." he said.
 
 
"Okay." I replied. 
 
 
We drove in silence for a few minutes. After I warmed up a little I turned towards JB hyung with a wide smile.
 
 
"Tomorrow's your party right hyung? Happy birthday." I said. 
 
 
A short silence passed.
 
 
I smiled, knowing the silence was due to his embarrassment. 
 
 
"You guys are taking a lot of tests. I think BamBam and Yugyeom are still in school right now too." I said.
 
 
"They called us. That's why we called you." he said.
 
 
I laughed and nodded.
 
 
And a short silence passed.
 
 
"My dad was home earlier today. I haven't seen him in such a long time. He didn't yell at me or scream. He seemed happy...maybe because I'm finally graduating high school." I said happily.
 
 
He smirked.
 
 
"You are! Now you're going to have to deal with university. It's not as easy as it sounds you know." he said.
 
 
I nodded.
 
 
"So after I graduate you'll be starting your new job?" I asked a bit curious. 
 
 
"A few more months and I'll be starting....it's near by." he said. 
 
 
I felt a weight lift off my shoulder somehow.
 
 
"So we can come visit you?" I found myself asking.
 
 
"Didn't you say you will be too busy with school and work?" he asked.
 
 
I saw his smirk.
 
 
"Don't say that hyung. We all want to see you and visit you. You're going to be dancing with famous idols right?" I asked.
 
 
He laughed and nodded.
 
 
"So what do you want for your birthday?" I asked him.
 
 
A short silence passed.
 
 
He didn't look like he was thinking about it at all.
 
 
"I said what do you want? I asked Jr hyung but he said he doesn't know. He said I should just show up but I don't want to do that. You got me something for my birthday right? So what do you want for yours?"
 
 
The car suddenly stopped and I lifted my head. 
 
 
"We're here." I said smiling.
 
 
When I looked, JB hyung still had his hands on the wheel. I was about to ask him what was wrong when a loud bang to window made me jump. So I quickly open the door for Jackson hyung who almost fell on me.
 
 
"I'm hungry." he whined loudly.
 
 
"I have food in my bag in the back." I said laughing as I tried to push him off. "What are you doing? You're heavy hyung."
 
 
Jackson lifted himself up and quickly opened the back seat door. I continued laughing at him as he rushed back into towards the university building with my bag. 
 
 
"We have to hurry before he eats everything." I said, turning towards JB hyung.
 
 
He still had his hands on the wheel, staring in front of him.
 
 
"Hyung?" I tapped his shoulder and he looked at me.
 
 
I chuckled nervously.
 
 
"We need to hurry." I said again.
 
 
Finally he nodded and quickly got out of the car. I followed him, a little concerned at his behavior. He was suddenly very quiet.
 
 
Jackson hyung handed me his extra jacket as soon as we sat down. 
 
 
"I noticed you were shivering. Where's your jacket huh?" he asked. 
 
 
"I was in a rush." I admitted.
 
 
"Put this over the sweater." he said pointing to his jacket.
 
 
I quickly did what I was told, realizing exactly how cold I was. 
 
 
They're both acting weird. Why are they suddenly so unusually nice to me? Where are the jokes?
 
 
I watched Jackson and JB hyung eating as if they haven't eaten in days. So when they weren't looking I made sure to save some for Mark and Jr hyung just in case, and they almost crushed me in thankful hugs when they arrived. 
 
 
"Did you make this?" Jr hyung asked.
 
 
"No. Mom. She makes a lot and puts it in the fridge." I said laughing.
 
 
I can't believe they think I can cook this well.
 
 
"Really? It's so good." Jackson said loudly.
 
 
I chuckled.
 
 
"As expected of mom." I said loudly back.
 
 
"So about the birthday party tomorrow." Mark suddenly changed the subject.
 
 
That's right. JB hyung's present.
 
 
"What do you want?" Mark asked.
 
 
I'm glad he's curious too. JB hyung is really hard to figure out.
 
 
I stared at said hyung. He suddenly shrugged.
 
 
"Get me anything. It doesn't matter. Just come will full arms." he said.
 
 
"I'll buy you some instant food." Jackson hyung suddenly said.
 
 
"Hey." JB hyung glared at him and I laughed loudly.
 
 
They continued eating.
 
 
I almost fell asleep when Jackson hyung's hand landed on my shoulder and I lifted myself up quickly.
 
 
"You're sleepy?" he asked chuckling.
 
 
"Sorry. I was sleeping when you called." I admitted.
 
 
"We're done. Jaebum hyung will drop you off don't worry. You need the sleep Youngjae. Thanks for bringing the food." Jr hyung suddenly said.
 
 
They're really acting unusually nice. 
 
 
"We all need sleep." Jackson hyung said, yawning loudly.
 
 
His yawn triggered all of our yawns and soon I found myself in JB hyung's car, halfway asleep.
 
 
"I'll come pick you up tomorrow." he suddenly said.
 
 
I realized the car stopped, so I slowly lifted myself up and yawned.
 
 
"It's okay hyung. I need to get your present. I'll take the bus." I said.
 
 
"I need to go somewhere too. I'll give you time to go get whatever you need." he said.
 
 
"Huh..." I stared at him. 
 
 
He stared straight ahead, avoiding my eyes.
 
 
"Hey. You going to answer me?" he finally asked.
 
 
"Okay. What time?" I asked.
 
 
"I'll give you some time to sleep in. Is noon okay?" he asked.
 
 
It surprised me.
 
 
"It's okay." I replied smiling.
 
 
"Ok. I'll pick you up then."
 
 
So I got out of his car, a smile on my face even though I was still sleepy. I only took a few steps before I quickly remembered that I was still wearing Jackson's jacket and his sweater.
 
 
But before I could turn around to say anything JB hyung drove off.
 
 
So I sighed, watching him drive away until I couldn't see him anymore.
 
 
I'll just bring it both tomorrow. 
 
 
A yawn escaped me and I quickly ran into my house and straight into my room.
 
 
It surprised me that my mom wasn't home but it also gave me the opportunity to go straight to sleep without being bothered to shower first.
 
__________________________________________________________________________
 
Both my phone and alarm woke me up.
 
 
From my deep sleep I could hear the distant loud sounds and I'm sure my phone rang two times before I managed to shake myself up and turn off the alarm.
 
 
"H-hyung." I quickly answered the phone.
 
 
"I'm almost there. Let me guess, you're still in bed? You really are a heavy sleeper." JB hyung said.
 
 
"I'm up. I'm going to take a shower now." I quickly said.
 
 
I didn't give him any time to reply before I hung up and quickly ran into the bathroom. I tried to be quick but not taking a shower the night before really made me take more time than usual.
 
 
I heard JB hyung's voice after I finished drying my hair. It was when I finished putting some clothes on when he knocked on my door.
 
 
"I have an appointment you know." he said, leaning against my door, staring at me.
 
 
"I'm done. I just need to grab my bag." I said, finding my bag and stuffing the things I needed inside. I made sure to grab Jackson hyung's jacket and handed JB hyung his sweater.
 
 
"Don't forget your jacket this time. It's really cold out there." he said, sitting down.
 
 
"I won't. I'm finished." I said, putting on my jacket and socks. 
 
 
JB hyung followed me into the kitchen and I told my mom where we were going before we left. It surprised me to find out that she cooked some meals for us to have. So we carried several containers back into JB hyung's car, then he went back inside without me, returning with a small present in his hand.
 
 
"What did she get you?" I asked a bit curious.
 
 
"Don't know." he replied.
 
 
JB hyung quickly drove towards his appointment. I should have known he was going to pierce his ears.
 
 
We stepped into a slightly dim room and a few guys and girls turned towards JB hyung with big smiles on their faces.
 
 
JB hyung greeted everyone before he turned towards me and introduced me. I ended up embarrasing myself by introducing myself once again.
 
 
"He's so cute." one of the girls squealed. 
 
 
I shyly giggled, suddenly nervous. 
 
 
"You're here to get another piercing?" I whispered. "Don't you think you have enough hyung? I don't think you need any more."
 
 
We caught eyes.
 
 
"Really?" he asked.
 
 
"W-well...you have enough." I said, lowering my eyes.
 
 
He laughed.
 
 
"I lied. I'm not here for an appointment. I want you to help me choose a new pair of earrings." he suddenly said.
 
 
"Huh?" I stared at him confused for a few moments. "That's all?" I asked. 
 
 
"Are you going to help or not?"
 
 
"Of course!" I yelled, smiling wide. 
 
 
We went around everywhere, looking at all the earrings before we finally agreed on the same pair. 
 
 
"I want two of these." JB hyung said.
 
 
"Why do you need two hyung? Shouldn't I pay for it today. It's your birthday." I said. 
 
 
"Do you have the money?" he asked. He laughed after I didn't reply him. 
 
 
I only have money for your present. Stop laughing. I'm getting a part time job soon enough.
 
 
"I have this one don't worry." he said. 
 
 
JB hyung bought the two earrings and we left the piercing shop.
 
 
He dropped me by a shopping center and after fighting myself, I decided to get him a gift card, hoping that would be good enough. The other present was a secret that I decided on when we were at the piercing store.
 
 
We arrived at JB hyung's apartment just when Jr hyung arrived with the others. BamBam's aunt dropped him off.
 
 
After bringing all the food into his apartment, Jackson quickly started the music. 
 
 
I laughed when he suddenly started a dance battle with Yugyeom.
 
 
"Happy birthday JB hyung!" BamBam yelled. I repeated after him and we both giggled, saying it over and over. 
 
 
JB hyung only smirked, but then he started laughing.
 
 
We ate, watched some TV and Yugyeom decided to have another dance battle, this time with Mark hyung. It's funnier seeing Mark hyung dance because I usually never see him dance. 
 
 
I sat down on the couch watching them, giggles escaping me as I watched Jackson hyung join them.
 
 
JB hyung and BamBam soon sat next to me. The three of us watched in laughter.
 
 
Jackson hyung is such a bluff. 
 
 
We were watching and laughing when a warm hand suddenly lifted mine and I quickly looked down.
 
 
JB hyung didn't say anything as he held my hand in his, playing with the bracelet around my wrist. I looked up at him, but he continued laughing as if he didn't notice he was holding my hand. 
 
 
"What?"
 
 
"Huh?" he was suddenly looked at me.
 
 
"What are you staring at?" he asked.
 
 
I didn't realize I was staring at him. 
 
 
"I'm surprised." I replied.
 
 
He looked at me confused.
 
 
"At what?" he asked. 
 
 
"You haven't done this in a while." I said squeezing his hand.
 
 
He looked surprised, but it quickly disappeared and he didn't let go of my hand. I glanced at him and smiled.
 
 
"You did it all the time when I stayed over before. Before you fell asleep." I said.
 
 
"Did I?" he asked.
 
 
I laughed.
 
 
"You did." I replied. 
 
 
"Hey! I can hear you! This isn't a date you know. We're here too." Jackson hyung suddenly yelled. 
 
 
Yugyeom and BamBam giggled and I couldn't help but nervously giggle with them before slowly pulling my hand away. 
 
 
"What's wrong with you Jackson hyung?" I mumbled.
 
 
"Hey. I heard that too." 
 
 
I giggled loudly as Jackson hyung came straight for me with the intent of pulling me into a neck hold or play hitting me. My arms went straight up in defense and I managed to slide away from him in a giggling fit.  
 
 
I guess I understand why JB hyung only does it when we're alone now. Jackson always yells something about a date. Why is he always trying to tease me?
 
 
"Let's give presents now!" Jr hyung suddenly yelled.
 
 
We agreed and quickly surrounded ourselves around the small table with the cake sitting right in the middle. JB hyung stared at the it, a smile on his face.
 
 
It made me smile.
 
 
"Make a wish hyung!" BamBam yelled.
 
 
"How about we all blow?" Jackson asked.
 
 
JB hyung laughed and agreed.
 
 
So Yugyeom lowered the music and turned off the lights. We were surrounded in darkness singing happy birthday for a few minutes before we helped JB hyung blow out his candles and Yugyeom turned the lights back on. 
 
 
"Let's eat!" BamBam's eyes brightened in front of the cake.
 
 
"Let's cut the cake first. Together." JB hyung said.
 
 
With our hands on the knife, we sliced the cake after a countdown and cheered loudly.
 
 
"Now let's eat." BamBam said again. 
 
 
"Hey. First the gifts." Jr hyung said.
 
 
"I got hyung something he needs." BamBam suddenly said winking. 
 
 
JB hyung took the gift with a wide smile that disappeared as soon as he saw the many pairs of socks that BamBam got him.
 
 
We laughed.
 
 
"Some socks?" I asked, trying to hold my laugh in. 
 
 
"I have socks." JB hyung said.
 
 
"But not a month supply of cute socks." BamBam replied smirking.
 
 
He was right. There were many deifferent cute designs on all the socks, and we've only ever seen JB hyung wear plain socks.
 
 
"That's right. I don't have any cute socks." JB hyung said chuckling. "Thanks BamBam."
 
 
I think any gift will make you happy, as long as we thought about it. It's very like you.
 
 
I suddenly regretted my gift. 
 
 
BamBam did the unexpected and suddenly hugged JB hyung. I watched as JB hyung laughed and hugged him back, patting his shoulder and rubbing his hair a little.
 
 
Are we going to give you hugs now? 
 
 
I stared until BamBam pulled away. 
 
 
"Open mine next." Mark suddenly said.
 
 
JB hyung nodded and took the bag from him. He smirked at the sight of the bag and I chuckled.
 
 
I wonder what he got him. 
 
 
"For your new job." Mark suddenly said. "You're going to be dancing a lot right?"
 
 
JB hyung smiled.
 
 
"I needed to go buy some joggers. Thanks." he said. 
 
 
"Hug!" Jackson hyung yelled loudly.
 
 
It surprised me to see JB and Mark hyung suddenly hug. It lasted a few seconds but I could see the happiness in both their eyes. 
 
 
They must actually be closer friends than JB hyung is with any of us. 
 
 
"Who's next? Should I go?" Jackson suddenly asked. "No. I'll go last." he decided himself.
 
 
"I'll go." Jr hyung stood up.
 
 
He picked up a bag as big as Mark hyung's and handed it to JB hyung.
 
 
"Happy birthday." he said. "I went along with Mark hyung's thoughts. You need a bag to put everything in right?" 
 
 
JB hyung pulled out a very nice shoulder bag. Complete with his name scribbled on one of the shoulder straps. A wide smiled appeared on his face and I smiled when he pulled Jr hyung into a quick hug and thanked him. 
 
 
"So far we didn't buy any of the same gifts. Yugyeom!" Jackson hyung yelled.
 
 
"I have it." Yugyeom said. 
 
 
I giggled. I caught him sleeping earlier but didn't say anything. As well as my entrance exams ending, now Yugyeom and BamBam have to stay later in school to study for their exams for their upcoming last school year.
 
 
JB hyung pulled Yugyeom into a hug first, then opened his gift. Yugyeom's protests could be heard so clearly as he tried to pull away.
 
 
He really hates stuff like this now.  
 
 
Yugyeom got him 3 different designed shirts, and I immediately knew that he didn't know what to get either. He's like this with my birthday too. 
 
 
It made me smile when JB hyung patted him on the head and thanked him. Everyone else moved on but I caught Yugyeom quickly falling asleep once again. 
 
 
"Yongjai~" Jackson quickly yelled.
 
 
I laughed and nodded, slowly picking up the envelope with the gift card. 
 
 
"I already know what it is." BamBam laughed.
 
 
"As expected of our Youngjae." Jr hyung said. 
 
 
I chuckled nervously.
 
 
"I didn't know what to get." I admitted. "It's two things in here." I continued, handing the envelope to JB hyung. He stared at it for a few moments before I caught a light smile and he opened it. 
 
 
The first item he wasn't shocked to see. The gift card isn't really shocking is it?
 
 
But he was shocked to see the earrings I grabbed him when he wasn't looking. Earlier I asked one of his friends in the shop and they showed me a pair that JB hyung always looks at but never buys. I couldn't buy him the two piercings he bought, but I could afford to buy the one that he's looked at.
 
 
So quickly I decieded to buy it.
 
 
"When did you-"
 
 
"A secret." I said laughing.
 
 
He looked really shocked. 
 
 
"Now hug!" BamBam suddenly yelled.
 
 
"Huh?" I stopped laughing and my eyes landed on JB hyung. He put the gift card and earrings back in the envelope and lifted himself up. We sat across from each other so I lifted myself up a bit and he pulled me into a light hug.
 
 
It doesn't feel as strange as I thought. It's been a while since I've been used as a teddy bear. 
 
 
I giggled when the hug suddenly tightened and he wouldn't let me go.
 
 
I tried pulling away more than once. 
 
 
"H..hyung.." I continued giggling. 
 
 
It tickles.
 
 
It felt like a long time passed before he finally let me go.
 
 
All I could do was laugh. 
 
 
I guess getting the piercings were a really good idea.
 
 
"Now it's my turn!" 
 
 
We turned towards Jackson hyung who held a normal sized black gift bag. 
 
 
"What did you get him hyung?" I asked, a little curious at the gift.
 
 
"What I always get everyone when I realize they don't have enough!" Jackson yelled. "You really don't have enough leader. I got you a lot of different designs too."
 
 
I immediately knew what he was talking about.
 
 
JB hyung pulled out the first hat and realized what Jackson was talking about too.
 
 
Jackson hyung got a total of 5 different styled hats and JB hyung seemed to like all of them. It made us all laugh though when Jackson suddenly pulled JB hyung him into a hug even before he could thank him. 
 
 
This hyung is really touchy. 
 
 
So the gift giving ended and we focused on the cake. When we finished eating it, half of it landed on JB hyung's face by BamBam and Jackson hyung, who got away with it somehow. 
 
 
"Let's take pictures!" Jr hyung suddenly yelled. "Don't wipe that off yet." he pointed at JB hyung.
 
 
"Right! It's leader's birthday. We need pictures." Jackson hyung suddenly yelled. 
 
 
"Who's going to take it?" Yugyeom asked.
 
 
I didn't notice he was awake. 
 
 
"I'll take some and then someone else can take some." Jr hyung replied.
 
 
"No. I'll take it." I lifted myself off the floor, but a hand quickly caught my wrist.
 
 
When I looked, Jackson was staring up at me.
 
 
"You have to be in the picture." he said.
 
 
I chuckled.
 
 
"What? I will. I'll take the first few." I said. 
 
 
I took their ridiculous photos, laughing myself, and then Jr hyung took some more with me in it. They all came out looking ridiculous. We made awful faces in most of them.
 
 
When I thought we were finished, it turns out we weren't.
 
 
Or I wasn't.
 
 
We were about to sit down and finish the rest of the food when Jr hyung suddenly yelled my name.
 
 
"Huh? That scared me." I said, clutching my heart.
 
 
"One more picture. JB hyung needs to sit on that chair." he pointed towards the one chair that JB hyung always has. I watched as JB hyung sat down, surprisingly obeying. Then Jr hyung called me over. I thought he wanted me to take a picture of them both but I was told to move behind JB hyung instead.
 
 
"Why only the two of us?" I asked, a bit curious.
 
 
"Because."
 
 
"Because why?" I asked.
 
 
"If it wasn't for you two meeting, we all wouldn't know each other. Thanks for bringing us all together." he suddenly said. It surprised me for a few moments, but I slowly smiled. 
 
 
"Now put your arms around his shoulders." Jr hyung suddenly yelled.
 
 
"What? What is this? Why?" I asked, doing what I was told anyway.
 
 
"This has to be cute. It's memories. Do something cute Youngjae."
 
 
JB hyung didn't say anything. He didn't try to help me protest or anything. He just sat almost frozen below me. I stared at the top of his head for a few moments. 
 
 
Well if he isn't protesting...
 
 
Slowly I lowered myself closer to him and wrapped my arms even more around his shoulders.
 
 
"Thanks hyung." I found myself whispering in his ear. "Happy birthday again."
 
 
"I'm going to count to 3 and you two smile." Jr hyung said.
 
 
I nodded. 
 
 
"Be cuter!" from across the room I heard Jackson hyung yell.
 
 
I didn't even think twice as I made a heart with my fingers.
 
 
"1!" Jr hyung yelled. "2!" Jackson yelled. "3!" they both yelled. 
 
 
Jr hyung took more than one picture saying we needed more than one to celebrate the memories.
 
 
When he finished I pulled myself away from JB hyung, apologizing to him. He didn't say anything and the three of us walked back to the couch.
 
We watched movies and played games for the rest of the day before my mom called and surprisingly, Jr hyung dropped me home for the first time after JB hyung locked himself in his room, probably asleep. 
 
When I got home I realized that after giving him his sweater to take home, JB hyung ended up leaving his sweater on my desk. 
 
__________________________________________________________________________
 
I called JB hyung as soon as I woke up the next morning, glad I didn't have school.
 
 
After a few minutes on the phone of trying to get him to come get his sweater, he finally agreed to come.
 
 
I felt bad after I realized he was probably sleeping. 
 
 
I would still be sleeping too if I didn't have to call him. 
 
 
He arrived at my door less than an hour later. I heard him talking to my mom before he walked straight into my room and towards my bed.
 
 
"Let me sleep a little more." he said. 
 
 
At least you're here.
 
 
I didn't protest him, but let JB hyung take over my bed to continue sleeping. I admit it's the earliest I've ever woken up and even though I felt a little tired, I felt even more refreshed after showering and eating. 
 
 
My mom left some food for JB hyung before she left for her new work that she won't admit is actual work and just not helping her friend at the store.
 
 
After eating I decided to read some books I haven't had time to read, since JB hyung didn't look like he was getting up any time soon. 
 
 
I didn't realize the time that quickly passed until a hand tapped my shoulder and I looked up at JB hyung who yawned and rubbed his eyes.
 
 
"What time did you go to sleep yesterday hyung? Even I woke up early." I said chuckling. 
 
 
"Let me use your bathroom." he said.
 
 
I nodded and watched him leave my room. He soon came back and I handed him a towel and found him a tooth brush.
 
 
His phone rang twice while he was gone, and he was gone a really long time. So long that I thought he fell asleep in the bathroom, and almost went to check.
 
 
But he eventually returned to my room 30 minutes later, fully dressed with a towel drying his hair. 
 
 
"You're back." I said smiling.
 
 
He sat on my bed and nodded.
 
 
"I think you have a few missed calls." I said, continuing with my book. 
 
 
I read a few more chapters, tuning out the talking when he finally picked up his phone and called back the person who called him. 
 
 
It was when a drop of water suddenly hit the pages of my book that I looked up.
 
 
"Sorry." JB hyung apologized.
 
 
I chuckled.
 
 
"Your hair isn't dry hyung." I said, lowering my eyes back to the book.
 
 
"Why don't you dry it for me?" he replied.
 
 
I glanced at him and laughed.
 
 
"What is this all of a sudden? Why should I do it for you?" I asked.
 
 
"Because I'm older than you." he replied.
 
 
I continued laughing, putting down my book and standing up. I grabbed a new towel and pulled JB hyung down, making sure I dried his hair fully. 
 
 
When I finished I pulled him towards a mirror. "I did good right? Maybe I should be your stylist when you start that job and become famous." 
 
 
"You? No." he replied.
 
 
"What do you mean by that?" I laughed, hitting his arm and quickly apologizing when he caught me in a neck hold. I giggled for a few moments before he finally let me go.
 
 
I sat back down in my chair and grabbed my book.
 
 
"Mom left you some food. It's in the kitchen." I said pointing to my door.
 
 
"Come with me." he said.
 
 
So I followed him to get his food and sat down to continue reading until he finished and even washed his dishes.
 
 
"You could have just left it you know." I said.
 
 
He didn't say anything as I followed him back into my room. 
 
 
We sat in silence for a few hours, JB hyung reading one of the books I already finished as I tried to finish the one I started when he woke up. 
 
 
It was after both our stomach's started making noise that we put the books down. 
 
 
"We should go eat." I said, standing up and stretching. 
 
 
JB hyung stood up too, stretching even wider. Even yawning too.
 
 
"We'll go somewhere to eat." he said sitting down again. 
 
 
I followed him and sat back down as well. Usually I would deny him but saying no to JB hyung is like fighting with a wall. He does what he wants in the end.
 
 
The silence continued as I picked up my book once again, glancing at JB hyung playing on his phone.
 
 
Is it me or is it too quiet between us?
 
 
"You said you and your dad talked?" at the sudden sound of his voice I looked up at him.
 
 
"Huh? Yeah." I said smiling. "He apologized too. I was surprised."
 
 
"My dad called and wished me a happy birthday. It surprised me too."
 
 
I stared at him, surprised. He has never talked to me about his family before. I know he tries not to go in detail about them.
 
 
"Yesterday?" I asked.
 
 
He nodded. 
 
 
"After I left?" I asked.
 
 
"After you all left. My mom usually says it to me when I visit early, but he called me and said it yesterday. Happy birthday. It surprised me." he admitted.
 
 
I smiled and clapped for him. 
 
 
"I'm glad!" I yelled, even more happier that he was suddenly talking to me about his personal life again.
 
 
It became quiet again soon after this.
 
 
JB hyung stood up and grabbed a new book from my table in silence.
 
 
"Is there something else bothering you hyung?" I tried asking him. 
 
 
If you want to talk I'm here to talk. 
 
 
He shook his head no.
 
 
"Just read." he said. "I'll call for some food." 
 
 
I stared at him for a few moments before nodding.
 
 
After a few moments passed I thought the serious talk was over and stood up to go use the bathroom when I was suddenly pulled into a hug from behind.
 
 
"There are a few things I'm thinking about lately. Is this okay?" JB hyung asked. He was so close, his breath hit the side of my neck.
 
 
It's not something new for me, but he has never done this when he's awake. Only when he's sleeping and uses me as a teddy bear. 
 
 
But something was wrong and he needed comfort.
 
 
So I patted his arm that was around me and smiled.
 
 
"Before when I got in a big fight with my dad I always ran to Yugyeom. I needed hugs from Yugyeom to make me feel better sometimes." I said out loud, surprised I was admitting more of the embarrrasing things only Yugyeom knows about me.
 
 
"Remember in Mokpo? I mistook you for Yugyeomie. You helped me then too. Of course this is okay. We all need hugs sometimes hyung." I said. 
 
 
JB hyung suddenly pulled me away and turned me to face him.
 
 
"This isn't like that kind of hug Youngjae." he quickly said. I could only stare, confused for a few moments.
 
 
"Huh.." It escaped me quickly.
 
 
I could only stare at him. He didn't return my gaze though.
 
 
"Joking." he finally said.
 
 
I pulled away from him and hit him on the arm. 
 
 
"That's not funny hyung. I really want to be here for you if you need me. The jokes need to stop though." I said, a little annoyed that now even my seriousness is being used to play jokes on me.
 
 
"Yeah." he mumbled. "I'm sorry."
 
 
My eyes went wide at his apology. It's always a rare opportunity for JB hyung to apologize so straight forward and in full sentences. Like when he gets embarrassed when he has to say or do anything cute but does it anyway. 
 
 
"No...I mean...It's ok. Are you...are you really okay hyung? Do you still need a hug?" I asked, now a little too surprised at his sincere apology to care if he wants to play jokes on me or not. 
 
 
He burst into a loud laugh.
 
 
Is he really this happy that he played a joke on me? I guess I'll let this one go. I thought he really needed me.
 
 
I felt my face heat up from embarrassment.
 
 
"Hyung..." I mumbled after a few moments of his laughing.
 
 
"It's ok." he said, lifting his head to look at me. "I really know now."
 
 
Know what?
 
 
I wondered what he was talking about but didn't question it in fear of him joking around and making fun of me again. 
 
 
I left to go use the bathroom and when I came back, we ordered the food, and ate as soon as it arrived.
 
 
JB hyung left my house before it became too dark outside after realizing he had work to finish. It was after he left that I realized that once again he left his sweater laying on my desk. 
 
 
He was just laughing so hard from playing a joke on me that he forgot it again. I really need to learn to not be so gullible around these hyungs.
 
__________________________________________________________________________
 
A few weeks passed where we all didn't meet due to school and part time jobs the guys managed to get to earn some extra money for the summer. I started trying to find myself a job as well.
 
 
It was only a week until graduation and the school halls were decorated even more than ever.
 
 
The whole school knew about the graduation and some of the younger grades started cheering us on. It made me feel even better. 
 
 
We were surprisingly let out of school early one Friday, exactly a week before the graduation day and the graduation ceremony. 
 
 
BamBam and Yugyeom managed to pull me towards the dance studio, where we met Jackson, Mark, and JB hyung. After they messed with us and joked that we haven't come to visit them in a long time, they told us Jr hyung was working until later in the night.
 
 
We joined in the exercises first and did many difficult stretches before we started learning some easy dance moves. The room was full, due to it being a Friday. 
 
 
It was after we finished and went somewhere to eat that Jackson hyung suddenly announced that JB hyung needed my help on some school work for the rest of the day. I noticed they were whispering and staring since before we left the studio, and I wondered what they were talking about. 
 
 
He just needs my help?
 
 
"Are you doing anything after this?" Jackson hyung suddenly asked me.
 
 
"No. I have a few assignments to do but I can do it later. I need to take a shower." I said laughing. We didn't shower at the studio since it was so crowded.
 
 
"You can do it at his apartment." he said, patting JB hyung on the shoulder.
 
 
I glanced towards JB hyung.
 
 
What joke are they planning? Why is Jackson hyung talking for him? 
 
 
But JB hyung didn't look at me.
 
 
I stared at him for quite a while.
 
 
"Ok." I finally agreed. "As long as I'm just helping and you guys are not playing a joke on me."
 
 
"Why would we do that? You're so innocent Youngjae." Jackson said. "Mark hyung borrowed Jinyoung's car. We'll drop off Yugyeom and BamBam."
 
 
"Wait...where are you going hyung?" I asked, a little confused.
 
 
What type of joke is this? 
 
 
"We're leaving." he pushed Yugyeom and BamBam up. Mark hyung stood up as well. I couldn't tell whether they were in on whatever joke Jackson and JB hyung were playing on me. 
 
 
"You're acting strange. Don't tell me this is really a joke." I said. 
 
 
"I said it's not. Why are you like this? Good night." 
 
 
I watched Jackson quickly pulling the three guys away and then I was left alone with JB hyung, who didn't bother looking at me once, making it even more suspicious. 
 
 
"Hyung...?" I didn't know how to break the silence. 
 
 
"Huh?"
 
 
"Uh...can I stop by my house first? Maybe my mom will let me stay over." I said. 
 
 
"Yeah. Sure." he replied.
 
 
I stood up and he followed.
 
 
JB hyung didn't say anything as he drove me to my house. My mom wasn't home so I took a quick shower before hurriedly running back to his car.
 
 
"She's not home. I'll call her." I said.
 
 
"Did you shower?" he asked.
 
 
"Yeah. I tried to hurry." I replied.
 
 
"Your hair is still wet. It's cold."
 
 
"I didn't want you to wait." I replied.
 
 
He didn't reply.
 
 
What's with you so suddenly? It seems more like you're in a bad mood.
 
 
"Hyung?" 
 
 
JB hyung didn't move the car. We sat in silence for a few moments before he replied me.
 
 
"Huh?" 
 
 
"Are we going to go? Are you okay? Did Jackson hyung plan a joke with you or something?" I asked three questions at once.
 
 
"No." he replied.
 
 
No to what? 
 
 
The car suddenly started moving. As expected, the ride was in pure silence all the way to the apartment. It made me feel a little uncomfortable. 
 
 
When we walked into his apartment, I didn't even get a chance to sit when JB hyung rushed into his room and brought his bag.
 
 
Maybe it's not a joke. Why is he acting so strange then?
 
 
We sat down in front of the tv and he turned it on.
 
 
"We're about to study." I said.
 
 
"It's ok." he replied, flipping the pages in his book.
 
 
"So what is it you need help on?" I asked after a few moments of staring at him flipping the pages in silence and avoiding eye contact with me.
 
 
We started on a few of the problems. For one of them I had to write an easy formula for him to remember that he could use. One my teachers taught me.
 
 
"How would you like someone to confess to you Youngjae?" JB hyung suddenly asked.
 
 
The question made me freeze. At first I didn't hear exactly what he said but it went through my mind again.
 
 
I looked at him in confusion.
 
 
Isn't this the same question he asked the other time in his car? Why is he asking me again? What does this have to do with his work? He hasn't asked out that girl yet? 
 
 
Many questions were in my thoughts, but I didn't know which one to ask first. JB hyung still wouldn't return my gaze. 
 
 
"What are you asking hyung?" I asked him.
 
 
"You want it to be done seriously right?" he asked.
 
 
"Huh...?" I just stared at him.
 
 
He suddenly lifted his head slightly so I could see his exact expression. 
 
 
What kind of joke is really going on this time?
 
 
"Did Jackson hyung say something aga-"
 
 
"What if I said I like you?"
__________________________________________________________________________