Chapter 13

Call Me JB Hyung

Call Me JB Hyung - Chapter 13
____________________________________________________

With his voice sounding like it was miles away, I heard JB call out my name, repeating it as he tapped on my shoulder a few times, and then a hand landed on my head. 



I groaned and moved away.



I could hear JB hyung snickering, but I didn't want to wake up. 



He patted my shoulder and started calling my name, this time running his hand through my hair. It surprised me that his voice managed to wake me up.



"Youngjae." 



"Mm?" I finally responded.



"You're up?" he asked.



"Mm." I responded.



"Are your eyes open?" he asked.

 

I shook my head no and heard him laugh. I wanted to sleep longer, the whole day if I could. 



Why is his bed always so comfortable?



"You need to get up." he said after a few moments of him running his hand through my hair. I moved away and hoped he didn't start doing it again.



I begged myself not to respond to him anymore after that, but after a few moments I remembered that I never called home to tell my mom I left Yugyeom's house.



For a few moments I forgot where I was exactly before I quickly jumped up, watching JB hyung lean back from surprise.



"You okay?" he asked, a smirk on his face.



"My phone." I said, staring at him.



He just stared.



"I didn't call home." I said.



I watched as he stood up and walked to his desk where he picked up my phone and walked over to hand it to me. I was too much in a panic to consider how nice he was being.



I already knew what to expect when I my phone.



Plenty of missed calls from both of my parents, Yugyeom, Jr and even Jackson hyung. Even BamBam sent a few messages. For the one night at the apartment, my phone looked like I was away for weeks. 
 


I quickly remembered that one night I stayed over and got in trouble so bad that I wasn't allowed to go anywhere. 



But my mom knows JB hyung now. They both know him.



"What time is it?" I asked, glancing at JB hyung who was sitting on the bed staring at me.



"Late." he replied. "I just woke up and finished taking a shower."

 

I noticed his hair was still a little wet, just as I stared down at the time on my phone.



"My parents." I quickly said.



He took my phone and stood up.

 

"I'll call for you." he said. 



"Huh?" I stared at him.



"I'm the one that brought you here." he said.



"Hyung...I'm not a child, it's okay." I said, wanting to laugh, but too panicked at the thought of my parents reaction, especially my dad.



"Just go get ready and I'll give your mom a call." 



I didn't want to fight with him, because suddenly I could remember everything that happened the other night. Everything that's been happening for the past week between us.



He said he likes me. 



I quickly hurried to use the bathroom and after that, even though I didn't want to, JB hyung forced me to eat something before I found myself in his car.


__________________________________________________________________________

We arrived at my house quickly, so quick that I had to tell JB hyung to slow down twice.



He stopped near my house and I looked out the window to try to find my mom's car anywhere around the many parked cars.

 

"You sure you want to go?" JB hyung suddenly asked. 



I turned towards him and smiled lightly.

 

"Didn't you talk to my mom?" I asked him, confused. 



"You look like you don't want to go." he said.

 

My heart skipped a beat and I turned away from him. 



What does he mean by that? Why do I think he means something by that? 



"I'm just tired hyung." I replied.



"Get some more sleep." he said.



I quickly turned towards him. He avoided my eyes by staring straight ahead.



"What are you planning hyung?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.



He would never tell me to get some more sleep when I've already slept so much at his place. 



Usually he would make fun of me, but I was surprised to hear his response. 



"I'm just really worried." he said.

 

I stopped smiling for a second, suddenly thinking about his words from the other night once again. 



A small silence passed and once again I smiled wide.



"See you later hyung." I said.

 

I touched the car door handle just when JBb hyung suddenly stopped me, his hand on my shoulder. When I turned around to look at him, he just stared at me like usual.



Glancing at his hand on my shoulder I slowly looked back up at him, getting a little embarrassed because he was still staring. 



It's not how it was before. His eyes are making me panic even more now.



"I-I have to leave hyung." I said after a moment of silence.

 

JB hyung just continued staring at me, forcing me to look away now. The memories from the other night continued playing in my head. My heart couldn't stop beating so fast.



What is this feeling?



Not a second more passed before JB hyung suddenly pulled me forward. My heart skipped a beat and my face probably turned red as I inched closer to him.



"What are you doing?" I quickly asked, trying to turn away from him.



My eyes went straight to my house, hoping that one of my parents didn't suddenly come walking towards where we were parked. As I panicked between the walk to my house and the person in front of me staring at me, I tried to pull JB hyung's hand from my shoulder.



When he wouldn't budge I turned my body completely to face him once again, freezing as I stared at him staring at me.

 

This lasted for more than a few seconds before he finally let me go.

 

I quickly moved close to my side of the door and stared at him, my heart beating uncontrollably. 



"Wh...what is it hyung?" I managed to find the courage to ask him.



"You remember." he suddenly asked.



I stared at him confused, holding my shoulder he was grabbing earlier. 



"It's not a joke okay Youngjae?" he suddenly said.



I couldn't calm my heart down and it felt like my face was burning up. 



"How can you get so red?" he asked.



"Hyung." I almost yelled.



I watched him laughing for a few seconds before quickly opening the car door and stepping out.



"We still need to talk about it too Youngjae." JB hyung quickly said.



I turned my back to him, too embarrassed to look at him.



"I know. Let me think about it more hyung. Don't bully me..." I mumbled before closing the door.



What are we now? I would have never thought this would ever happen hyung. I don't know what to do.



"Youngjae. Youngjae." 



I snapped from my thoughts and turned around to face the voice calling my name.

 

JB hyung had the window lowered. I watched as he lifted his phone and pointed it at me.

 

"Can I ask a question." he asked.



I nodded, unable to talk. My heart couldn't stop beating so fast. I didn't know what was going on-

 

I knew but I didn't know. 



"Youngjae." he said my name again. It made me flinch for some reason.



"Yeah?" I replied.



JB hyung lowered his eyes finally, as if embarrassed at whatever he was going to ask me. "I know we're going to talk about it some more, but I just want to know if it's okay for me to feel this way. Whatever this feeling is...I'm sure you don't know what you feel for me too right now but I'm your hyung. I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable, but I want to know if it's okay." he suddenly said.



I really didn't know what to say. JB hyung has never acted like this in front of me before. Of course we've had a few serious talks, but never about something like this. Usually he decides since he's the hyung, but I guess he really needs to know how I feel too for something like this right?



I lowered my gaze.

 

JB hyung looked calm, yet serious. I didn't know what to say, but I couldn't stand seeing this new side of him. 



"I don't feel uncomfortable." I replied him after a few moments of silence. My thoughts went crazy at him admitting it again, making me not forget what has suddenly happened between us. 



Im Jaebum says he really likes me. Not as friends. What do we call it then? What do I call him now?



I watched as he nodded and rolled up the window. Our eyes caught once more before he drove away, waving slightly with a small smile on his face. My hand automatically went to my forehead, trying to understand why my body was suddenly heating up so fast. The scene from earlier replayed in my mind. 



My face didn't cool down, even as I headed towards my house. All I could remember was everything that happened the day before and only moments ago. 



My mom wasn't mad, just disappointed that I didn't reply her calls. She was worried at first, but Yugyeom explained to her, and then she got the call from JB hyung. I reminded myself to call Yugyeom later to thank him. 



For JB hyung...



I needed time.


__________________________________________________________________________

"Do you think he's asleep? He won't feel it if I hit him would he?"



Normally I'm a very deep sleeper. I can proudly say that almost nothing can wake me up usually, besides the guys I've discovered. 



I was laying down trying to get some more sleep in before my mom came into the room, but from my deep sleep I could hear very familiar voices.



"Jackson hyung..." I mumbled.



"He's awake!" BamBam yelled.
 


I covered my ears and rolled around, trying to find something to cover my cold body with.



"What-"



"Wake up. I have it!" Jackson hyung yelled.



"Come on, get up hyung. Today we all have a free day. We haven't done anything together in a long time." BamBam suddenly said.



"He'll never wake up." I heard Yugyeom say.



"If he doesn't wake up, we'll feed him some cucumbers for lunch." 



What?



"Hey. Are you trying to kill him?"



"He's allergic." 
 


JB hyung's voice boomed over the rest, making me finally open my eyes to the bright light in my room. 
 


"He's awake." BamBam yelled again.



I groggily looked around, rubbing my eyes before lifting myself up. A few minutes passed before I lifted my head and stared at the guys, particularly JB hyung, who's voice made me quickly wake up.



"Hyung. You're awake." BamBam said. I rubbed my eyes and tried to cover them from the light that was shining brightly in my room. 



"I'm not going to die." I said.



A short silence passed.



"I just don't like cucumbers. Who can like cucumbers?" I continued.



"Does this mean you're awake now?" JB hyung asked. I could tell he was looking at me, waiting for me to catch eyes with him, but I haven't forgotten, I couldn't look at him at all. 



"What time is it?" I ended up asking.



"It's time to wake up and start your day." Jr hyung quickly replied. 



"Yes. Yes. It's time for me to wake up then." I said groaning.



"We all have a day off today, and you still haven't found a job right? I think I can get you one at my restaurant." Mark hyung said.



That made me wake up.



The guys gave me time to shower and eat before we lounged around my house with my mom, and then left later after BamBam suggested we go bowling before Mark takes me to his job.



"Have you done this before?" I whispered towards Yugyeom. 



"No, but it should be fun." he said.



I nodded and agreed with him.

 

The walk to JB and Jr hyung's cars was in silence except for Jackson and Jr hyung whispering about something as usual.



I couldn't help but focus on JB hyung. He was ahead of me by a few feet, walking next to Mark. We haven't caught eyes once since the morning wake up call.



What's with him today? I didn't forget. 



"I think we can all fit in my car."



I didn't even realize we stopped walking. 



"Youngjae can ride in JB hyung's car. Everyone else in mine." Jr hyung said.



"What? Hyung? Why suddenly?" I asked, suddenly embarrassed.



Did JB hyung tell them? Why am I the only one riding alone with him? 



My eyes moved towards him and finally we caught eyes.

 

"Yugyeom can come with me too. That's too many people in your car." he suddenly said. 



My heart calmed down and I mentally thanked him. I wondered if he could tell because a small smile quickly appeared on his face. 



I spent the ride in silence, listening to Yugyeom and JB hyung talk. I didn't want Yugyeom to think anything weird so I sat in the front like I usually do, even acting like I was arguing with him to get front seat.

 

I'm glad JB hyung made Yugyeom ride with us because the whole way they talked to each other and I had time to think about the confession.
 


It's odd to have someone confess to you, but act normal around you after the confession. I couldn't tell whether JB hyung was being serious or not, but he said so much that he didn't want me to forget.



We arrived just as Jr hyung's car arrived and they parked right next to each other. 


__________________________________________________________________________

Sometimes Jackson hyung is loud and he bullies me, but as soon as he throws his arms around my shoulder and shouts something in my ear I can't help but to laugh. Even is he's loud sometimes, he really does make the mood better.



We started the game as soon as we got our bowling shoes. 



Unexpectedly, JB hyung is very good at bowling. As for me, I tried so many times but always missed the pins.

 

After a frustrating few games and realizing I was last in points, I gave up and decided to go buy some snacks. 



Jr hyung tagged along with me, winking as he threw his arm around my shoulder.



"So you're still fighting with JB hyung? Yugyeom said he came to get you." he said.

 

I handed him some drinks and nodded.



Yugyeom...



"We talked about it..." I mumbled.



"Did you say what I told you to say?"



I paused, but quickly continued handing him drinks.



"Hey! I can't hold everything!"



I chuckled and took some of the drinks back.



"I said it." I said.



"What did he say?" Jr asked. He seemed way to excited.



I can't tell him. I can't tell any of them. It's embarrassing.



"We just made up hyung. He's not mad and I'm not mad anymore. Fighting is stupid. We shouldn't do it anymore." I answered, hoping he took that for my answer. 



I saw Jr hyung's smirk, but he didn't try to push me to say any more. 



When we returned JB hyung was still in the lead and they had only four more bowls before he won. 


  
"Hyung!" BamBam grabbed a drink from my hand and I sat down.

 

"You're in front of Jr hyung now." he said. 



"Huh?" I looked up at the scores, and I don't know why, but my eyes went straight to JB hyung, who ignored me. 



"JB hyung played for you. Mark hyung played for Jr." BamBam said.



"Hey. Jr?" Jr hyung glared.



BamBam laughed and started apologizing.

 

"Mark hyung played for Jr hyung." he repeated. 



I didn't even pay attention, still staring at JB hyung.
 


"What is it?" he suddenly asked.



I didn't notice I was staring too hard at him.



"Thanks hyung." I thanked him. "But I think I'm going to lose anyway. I don't know how to play." I said chuckling.



He didn't reply.

 

My chuckles died down quickly. 



They continued playing. I gave up halfway and they took turns playing my game.

 

In the end JB and Mark hyung were so close but JB hyung won. We planned for the loser to pay for everything but after looking at the bill, they felt bad for me and we ended up paying together.



"Youngjae, our innocent Youngjae is really bad at bowling isn't he? Don't worry. I'll teach you." Jackson's arm went around my shoulders and I chuckled and tried to pull away.



He wouldn't let me go so I gave up.



"I just didn't feel good. I'll do good next time." I said giggling.



"After I teach you. You'll become a pro." he said.



I laughed and managed to wrap my arm around his shoulder as well.

 

"That will be good." I said. 



We went straight to Mark hyung's job, all seven of us. I worried because I was dressed so casually, but as soon as Mark hyung introduced me, his manager was more than happy since they needed someone. 



I think it's more because the manager really likes Mark hyung. Whoever meets Mark hyung for the first time always really likes him, even though he's so quiet.



After I talked to the manager we ended up driving to a park, where we sat for a little. Yugyeom and Jackson hyung were practicing some dance moves and Mark hyung was trying to show BamBam and Jr hyung some flips. 



It was left with only me and JB hyung. We sat staring at them. I laughed loudly when BamBam suddenly called out my name and started doing some cute poses. He wanted me to do some back, but I refused, sticking my tongue out at him.



"What's with this suddenly?" I said laughing as BamBam stopped the cute poses and returned to the flips Mark hyung was trying to teach him earlier.
 


"Wow!" I yelled in amazement as a particular flip that Mark did high in the air.



"I can do that." 



I quickly turned to JB hyung, almost forgetting he was sitting next to me because he's usually never so quiet. 



"I've seen you do some before hyung. You can do b-boy too right? It's really amazing." I said, praising him.

 

He may not say it, but JB hyung really enjoys it when we praise him. Like when Jackson hyung calls him cool. I like seeing the look on his face when we praise him. 



"I learned some new ones. I've started going to the company." he said. "A lot of the dancers there know a bit of b-boying."



"Really? That's amazing." I said. "Now you're doing what you really want to do hyung. It must be really fu-"



A phone went off. We both pulled out our phones and I quickly answered when I realized it was my mom.



"Youngjae. Are you still with your friends? I made a lot of food. Bring them over to eat." 



I laughed and quickly replied her. She hung up quickly after repeating for us to hurry up.



"Your mom?" JB hyung asked.



I nodded.

 

"She wants us to come eat." I said.



"Hey! Aren't you guys hungry?" JB hyung suddenly yelled towards the guys.



"My mom just called. She's waiting for us to come eat." I said.

 

I didn't even fully finish my sentence when Jackson hyung came running back.



"What are we doing? Let's go." he said.

 

I laughed and we walked back to the cars. We sat in the same seats as the morning, but this time I couldn't stop talking, interrupting Yugyeom when he said something. There was no more silence from me. 
 


We arrived at my house quickly and hurried to go eat. My mom welcomed everyone and when I saw the table I knew she went through one of those moments she has when she overcooks. 



The guys seemed to enjoy it though.



"So what are you all doing for this summer? Youngjae needs to find a job." she said, sitting next to BamBam. 



I looked towards my mom who winked at me.

 

"Did Mark help you find one?" she asked me.



"He did." I replied her.



"We have jobs too mom. BamBam and Yugyeom are going to study courses for their last year." Jr hyung quickly said.



"That's good. You two have to study hard. Ask Youngjae if you need anything okay? We made sure he studied very good. He knows a lot." my mom said.



I groaned at her embarrassing praising.



"Of course we know this mom!" Jackson said loudly. "Youngjae is our innocent genius."



"Hyung..." I said chuckling in embarrassment. 



"My son sure is innocent isn't he? He still hasn't brought a girl home once. He never talks about anyone." my mom said. 



I decided to eat, no matter what I do she's not going to stop. 



"I'm sure there's someone he likes mom." Jr hyung suddenly said.



I looked up.

 

Jr hyung and I caught eyes and he just smiled. 



I don't.



The thought went through my head when my eyes moved towards JB hyung. When we caught eyes I lowered mine.



I don't know.



"Have I seen her?" my mom asked, suddenly so curious.



"I don't know what you're talking about hyung." I said chuckling from nervousness. 



"He didn't tell us either mom, but these days it looks like he really likes someone. He won't admit it but he does. Right Youngjae?" Jackson asked.



I refused to answer.

 

They stared at me. 



"He came to my house so many times thinking about something. So you've found someone you like?" Yugyeom asked.



Did they plan this against me? Did JB hyung really tell them?
 


I kept my head lowered.



"Hey. Youngjae. Aren't you going to answer your mom?" my mom asked.



"Youngjae you shouldn't be like this to mom." Jackson said. He tapped me on the shoulder and I mentally groaned. Why I decided to sit next to him I don't know.



"I have to use the bathroom." I quickly said, trying to pull myself away from the situation. My heart was beating so fast and I could tell my face was red. When I got up to run to the bathroom I heard BamBam ask how can my face get so red.



I sat on the toilet seat and tried to calm myself down.



"I have someone I like?" I asked myself.



Are they playing some sort of joke on me or did JB hyung tell them? But JB hyung wouldn't tell them without asking me right? He knows I don't know either. I don't know what to think or feel. He's my hyung...this has never happened to me before. 



"What do I do?"



I continued sitting on the seat for a few more minutes. 



"He's back. Why did you take so long? We're going to play a game to see who washes the dishes. Mom needs to rest." Jackson hyung said.



I nodded, just glad they stopped talking about me liking someone. 



We decided rock paper scissors. 



I glanced towards JB.



I like you...but I don't know what type of like you're saying. What do I do? Nothing's changed right?



"You lose!"
 


From my thoughts I turned towards Jackson hyung who was talking to BamBam and Yugyeom. I looked down at my hand formed into a ball.



"I lost?" I asked.



"You weren't paying attention were you?" JB hyung asked.

 

I shook my head no and he sighed and nodded.



"I have to do it by myself? This is a lot." I whined. 



"Stop whining. You didn't even pay attention. I'll help you." I watched as JB hyung started picking up some dishes. I picked some up too and watched as the others joined my mom to watch tv and gossip about me. I thought she already showed them all my baby pictures, but she has so many I can't ever tell. 



"I'll go bring the rest. You start." JB hyung said.



I nodded and started doing the dishes. It's not that I particularly hate doing it, it's just my mom cooked a lot and it was more than usual. 
 


"Hyung..." BamBam suddenly stood next to me, staring at me. "Shouldn't you put an apron on? You're going to get your clothes wet." he said.



"Help me."



I pulled back and BamBam helped me with the apron.



"That's all of it. I cleaned the table. You wash and I'll rinse." I watched as JB hyung put on some gloves and move next to me. 



"JB hyung really likes Youngjae hyung right?" BamBam suddenly said.



The bowl almost slipped from my hands. I glanced at JB hyung and when we caught eyes I quickly looked away and started nervously chuckling, realizing too much time passed than needed with us staring at each other. 



"Puke." I said as a joke. It was only seconds after that I realized that saying it as a joke can be taken the wrong way because JB hyung himself admitted to liking me, but BamBam and the guys don't know.



I quickly lifted my head to say something else when JB hyung beat me to it.



"Youngjae, it's okay even if you puke. You can't stop my love towards you. You are now a mouse trapped in the jar. You cannot avoid me. You are going to puke? That's nothing. I'll accept your vomit with my two hands, my snapback, my socks, my shoes, my heart."



A moment of silence passed. I stared at JB hyung, too shocked. We caught eyes instantly after his embarrassing words.



"Ewww..." BamBam squealed.



Laughter and puking sounds filled the kitchen and I turned towards the guys, who were suddenly crowded around us. 



Since when did they...did they hear everything?



They continued groaning and Jackson came up to JB hyung, hitting his shoulder and laughing. 



"You're so cool!" he yelled.



"I know right?" JB hyung replied, a wide smile on his face. He looked very pleased with himself. All I could do was stare at him as my heart started beating crazy. 



They don't know...but he really means this...right? It's so embarrassing. What is this feeling? 


I didn't think they were still on the subject. I realized my head was lowered in embarrassment as soon as Jackson yelled out so. 



"His ears are all red!" he yelled.



"That means his face is red. It usually happens when he's embarrassed." Yugyeom said.



"I'm not embarrassed." I found myself saying, lifting my head.



They started laughing and I covered half of my face. 



"You're really so cool. That's why all the girls ask about you right?" Jackson said winking and laughing at JB hyung.



"Hey. No girls ask about me." JB hyung said.



"Right. They don't." Jackson laughed loudly and I watched as JB hyung playfully hit his chest.



I couldn't stop laughing at Jackson hyung's shocked reaction. His chest was wet from the wet gloves. 



JB hyung quickly pulled him close by the shoulder.

 

"Sorry. Sorry." Jackson quickly started apologizing and laughing.

 

JB hyung started laughing with him.



"Don't hold a grudge. You always do." he said. "Years from now you will remember this right?"



Jackson just laughed. He didn't seem mad. I could tell he was admiring JB hyung in some way. Calling him leader at first and now always mentioning how cool he is.



"Is Youngjae hyung going to puke?" BamBam asked. "Hyung get your hat ready." 



They laughed and I nervously looked at JB hyung, catching eyes with him instantly.



Why are you doing this to me hyung?



"Hey. Youngjae?" he suddenly said.



"Yes hyung?" I continued staring at him.



"How can your face become so red?" he asked.



"My face isn't red." I almost yelled, turning back to the dishes as they laughed loudly at me. 



Weren't they watching TV with my mom?



Once again I lowered my head in embarrassment and hoped they would forget about my reaction to JB hyung's earlier words. If only they knew that he wasn't joking around.


__________________________________________________________________________

I went with Mark hyung to his work a few more times after the first day, just sitting to see what a normal day is like at the restaurant. 



One day I decided to stay home, sleeping in after ignoring my mom trying to wake me up. She left me alone after I didn't wake up, something that's very rare. 



So I slept the whole morning, only suddenly waking up to my phone ringing.



It rang the full way once, and then it started ringing again. I almost ignored the second ring, but I realized my mom tried to wake me up once and she was probably the one calling.



"Mom?" I picked up the phone without looking at who was calling.



"Your asleep?" is the first thing JB asked.



"Hyung." I lifted myself up quickly, rubbing my eyes.



"I'm awake." I quickly replied.



He snickered.

 

"Your mom called me to come wake you up since you don't want to. I'm on my way." he said.
 


"Huh? Now?" I asked.
 


"Yeah. Get up and hurry." he said.



"You're coming alone?" I quickly asked. 



"Hey."



I chuckled and quickly started apologizing.

 

"I'm getting up now hyung." I said. 



There was a short silence.



"Hey." JB hyung said again.



"Mm? Hyung? Did you say something?" I asked. My mom was really gone, probably to her friends place to work. 



"Can we talk about it today?"

 

I paused, and my heart quickly started beating fast. I didn't have to think about what he was talking about.



Do I like him? 



"Ok hyung." I replied, feeling a little strange. 



I quickly went into the bathroom and washed up quickly. I made it just as JB hyung knocked on the door. 



"Hyung." I opened the door in a little bit of excitement.



He did something odd for a reply. He played with my hair and smiled wide.

 

"Are you ready?" he asked. 



We caught eyes, a little more intense than usual. 



"I didn't eat anything yet. Are you hungry hyung?" I asked. "My mom left some food."



Stars quickly appeared in front of his eyes. I laughed and we walked towards the kitchen, where my mom left some food for me.



We warmed it up and quickly ate.



"Everyone is working today?" I asked him.



"You haven't heard from Yugyeom?" he asked.



"No." I shook my head.



"Because you've been asleep all day." he said.



I quickly hit him and pulled away at his sudden look.

 

We laughed loudly and finished eating in silence. 


__________________________________________________________________________

The ride to the apartment was in silence, not the usual silence, but we didn't talk either. 



JB hyung stopped at his usual piercing place. I went with him and we did the usual - I looked at some earrings and watched him look for some to buy.



We continued straight to his apartment after. 



"Youngjae."



"Hm?"



"Have you ever thought of getting a piercing?" 



I chuckled.

 

"W-what?" I asked.
 


"Your ear." his hand landed on my ear and I quickly pulled away.

 

"Hyung. Watch the road." I said, my hand quickly going to my ear in embarrassment. 



"Why is your face red?" he asked laughing.



I almost didn't answer.

 

"It tickles." I finally said. 



He just continued laughing, all the way until we made it to his apartment. 



"It's not funny hyung." I mumbled.



When we got to his door, JB hyung did something odd once again. As soon as we stepped inside and I closed the door and turned around to look at him, his hand went into my hair and he played with it a little, giving me a shy smile.

 

I looked away shyly, then followed him inside.


"You're acting weird hyung." I mumbled.



"Really?" he looked at me.



"You're acting strange." I said.



He looked away. 
 


"I feel strange." he replied.



A short silence passed as I stared at him.



What am I supposed to do?



"Hyung?" I called out to him.

 

He looked at me.



"This hasn't happened to me before." I paused. "It's embarrassing to say this, but...what are we?"

 

What do I say to his confession? What do we call ourselves if I say respond with a yes?



He didn't answer. He looked like he was thinking about what to say.

 


What do I need to do?



Suddenly the thoughts of what Jr hyung told me to say came back into my mind. 



That's what JB wants to hear me say right? But do I really like him like that too?



I looked at JB hyung who still looked like he was thinking about what to say. 



I don't dislike him.



"I like you too Jaebum-sshi." I mumbled, quickly turning away from him.



Another silence passed.

 

He didn't react to my words at all.



I'm sure we're both really embarrassed. 



All of a sudden a hand wrapped around mine, and I quickly looked up him.



"Hyung? Are you okay?" I asked.



He didn't answer for a long time, but the hold on my hand suddenly tightened.



"Sorry." he suddenly apologized. 



Sorry? For what?



"What is it?" I asked.



He looked at me finally. I couldn't really tell what he was thinking

 

"I feel like I'm forcing you." he suddenly said.



"Huh?" 



"I feel like I shouldn't do this to you." he said.



What is he talking about? 



"I don't understand hyung. What are you doing to me?"



"I'm confusing you. I'm older than you." he looked hard at me, like what he was saying is something he's worried about for a long time.



Since when did he start...when did he start liking me?



I stared at him for a few minutes before sighing.

 

"JB hyung, I'm not a kid. You're not confusing me." I said.



He didn't reply.



I pulled my hand away from his hold. 



"You're older than me I know that." I paused, trying to think of what to say to him. "This hasn't happened to me before ever I know, but I mean what I'm saying. You're not confusing me. Why do you think that? I'm being serious. I didn't believe you before but I do now and I don't hate you or anything hyung...everything I said before I mean it. I'm glad to have met you. I don't know if I like you but I..." I paused. "I don't want to lose you either...so we can try what this is...I don't know what it is..." I stopped talking, too embarrassed at my own words.



This is really like a drama. 



JB hyung stayed silent.



I have to do this myself now? What is this...I don't know what to do.



I stared at him.

 

I've always thought that he worries more than any of us. I don't know what it is but I know he keeps a lot from us. Whether about his family or his thoughts and concerns, he doesn't know but I know, he stresses about it a lot and doesn't show us at all. Ever since I met Jr hyung I've known that he knows a lot about JB hyung that we don't. He knows more than JB wants to tell any of us probably. Somehow it makes me jealous. 



So if Jr hyung told me to say this then he knows about this, and JB hyung really has been thinking about this for a long time right?



I quickly grabbed hold of that familiar hand once again.

 

He looked up at me.



"I told you to trust me too." I said, smiling. "Don't keep it in all the time hyung." 



"Youngjae."
 


"Hm?" 



He ran a hand through his hair and looked down for a few seconds before looking back up at me. A small smile appeared on his face. He looked like he was hesitating again. 



"Don't overthink anything hyung." I said. "Just say what you want to say to me. I'm listening. I won't run away this time." 



He continued smiling, then he chuckled and looked away, squeezing my hand a little. 



"How are you telling me this? I'm your hyung." he said.



"Sometimes you need to trust us too...trust me." I paused, wondering if I should say what I wanted to say.



But if I want him to trust me I should be truthful with him right?



"Rely on me too. I don't want to see you sad."



"I like you Youngjae. I don't know when it started exactly, but now I can't even look at you without feeling..." he paused and looked away.



I squeezed his hand. He quickly looked at me and smiled again.



"I know this feeling..." he paused. "You calm me down."



I didn't say anything, but turned away, this time getting embarrassed. JB hyung didn't let go of my hand. 



"Are you blushing?" he asked.



"I-I'm not." I said 



"Are you sure?" he asked.



Why is he doing this to me? 



"I said I'm not." I whined.
 


"Really?" he started laughing loudly. I let him laugh at me this once. 



"Hyung?" 
 


He stopped laughing and looked at me.
 


"Do you feel better now?" I asked him.



He smiled and nodded.



"Good. Now take me home." 



"So you can sleep some more?



"Hyung..." I whined.



He chuckled, looking at me.



"What is it now?" I asked him.



He stopped moving, all eyes on me, and a small smile on his face.



"JB hyung?"



He took hold of my other hand and looked down at our connected hands.

 

My heart instantly started beating. 



"JB hyung." I called him again.



He started leaning in.



What is he doing? What is this?



He leaned in more and even though my heart was beating fast and I felt very nervous, I didn't move.



He moved so close to me that I didn't even notice when my free hand landed on his chest, stopping him. I didn't know what he was planning to do, but I didn't think I was ready for it. 



My heart continued beating even though he stopped. We were so close together that I could feel his breath on my forehead. 



"JB...hyung." I mumbled. His name came out more like a whisper. 



It felt like a long time passed when we both suddenly started laughing. JB hyung still held my hands. He squeezed lightly and we both just laughed. 
 


I hit him on the chest and pushed him away. 



"What are you doing hyung?" I asked, still laughing. I still felt nervous, but he was laughing with me. I guess laughing makes us both calm down.



What was he going to do? 



My heart beat faster even thinking about it. 



"Wait a minute." he suddenly said. His laughs stopped and he suddenly stood up. 



"Huh?" I looked up at him.



"I think it will really look good on you." he said.



I ignored my beating heart and watched him dissapear into his room. He came back with a box.



"What is it?" I asked.



JB hyung sat back down next to me and opened the box. It reminded me so much of the day I first met him.



"Earrings?" I said looking up at him.



"I got these for you." he said.



I looked closer at them. 



"On your birthday." I suddenly remembered the two pairs of earrings he bought on his birthday. 



I was wondering why he bought two.



"But I don't have my ears pierced." I said, looking up at him.
 


"You can." he said.



"My parents won't like it."



He smirked and gave me a familiar look.



"Are you crazy?" I quickly asked.



"Hey."



I chuckled, moving my arms across my chest.



"They will kick me out if they see me wearing it." I said.



"Then come live with me." JB hyung suddenly replied.



I lifted my head quickly and he stared at me. 



He looks serious.



I nervously chuckled.

 

"Hyung. I stayed here for one night before but I don't think you will want to live with me." I said.



He didn't reply.



"Let me think about it." I said.



He gave me the box anyway.



"Thank you." I said.

 

My heart was beating like crazy. A soft JB hyung is something rarely seen, and he makes me nervous when he's so soft towards me, acting like a different person.



He acted normally for the rest of my stay after this.

 

Later after he dropped me off, I remembered that he didn't answer my question. But after thinking about it, we both sort of admitted it right? 


__________________________________________________________________________

A week passed exactly before I finally got a call from Mark hyung to come to the restraunt for a real interview the next day.



He didn't tell me about any book, so when JB hyung called about a manual for the job a few hours after Mark, I was a little confused. 



When I opened the door, JB hyung stood with a book in his hand and a smirk on his face.
 


"You really are crazy hyung." I accidentally let the words slip. 



He came for me and I quickly leaned back in fear, laughing hard. I ran and he ran after me quickly, catching me right by my room. His hand wrapped itself around me and I giggled.



"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I quickly apologized, unable to stop laughing.



"Where are your parents?" he asked.



"They're not here. It's just me today. Why? You don't want to be alone with me? We can call Yugyeom. He said he wanted to come by with BamBam to eat." I said still chuckling, not realizing the different situation since our relationship changed. 



"Let's wait a while. I brought you the book."

 

He finally let me go and I calmed down.



"Mark wants you to learn everything you can in this book. You should be able to do it, right?" he suddenly said.

 

I looked up at him.

 

"Is he working today?" I asked.



"Why?"



"Why did you bring it? Aren't you supposed to be at the company?" I asked.

 

"Am I supposed to be there all the time?" he replied. The familiar smirk suddenly appeared on his face. 



I stared at him.



He laughed and a hand suddenly went through my hair.

 

"We're on a break. Mark called when I was out to get something to eat." he said.



"Don't they have food in there? I heard it's a really big company." I said wide eyed.

 

He didn't answer, but was still smirking at me.



I keep forgetting.



"W-well you have to hurry back now right?" I said, suddenly becoming aware. 



"Yeah." he replied.



I reached to take the book from him but he suddenly pulled away.



"Hyung..."



I looked up at him and he still had that smirk on his face.



"What?" I asked.



"Hey." he said.



I chuckled.

 

"You know...you're really acting strange hyung. Why do you just keep smirking at me like that?" I said, turning to go into my room when a hand caught my arm and quickly stopped me.



"Huh?"



When I looked at him again, JB hyung now had his head lowered. Even so, I could see the tips of his red ears. I've come to know a embarrassed JB hyung very familiarly.

 

He was suddenly embarrassed.



It's somehow...cute.



I mentally laughed.



"Is something wrong hyung?" I asked.

 

All of a sudden he did something I didn't expect. 



He started tickling me.
 


My legs instantly gave out on me and I burst into a fit of laughter. Half my weight landed on him and he held me up. I caught him laughing too.



"Hyung. Hyung stop. What is wrong with you today? Okay stop. I give up!" I yelled.



He let me go and I almost fell.

 


"You really are crazy!" I yelled, trying to calm myself down. 



"Hey." he moved towards me some more and with giggles escaping me I tried to protect myself with my free arm across my chest.



I didn't really notice he was holding my hand until I caught eyes with him. 



"Hyung.."
 


He stepped closer to me. 



"JB hyung." I said again. "What is it?" I asked.



This same scene felt very familiar, earlier before in his apartment...
 


He leaned so close.

 

We stared straight at each other. Our eyes didn't move, and from his shaking hand around mine, I could tell he was as nervous as I was.



"Jaebum hyung.." 



He leaned closer.



"Jaebum-sshi"



Lips touched. 



It was only for a second, very quick, but JB hyung kissed me.

 

He let my hand fall quickly after that, turning around, playing with his hair, chuckling before turning back to look at me.



"So Mark wants you to finish this book before you start work. It teaches you everything about the job." he said. He finally handed me the book. 



I couldn't move, except to hold my hand he just let go of. I stared at him.



"I'll see you later okay?" he said.



I didn't reply him.



He turned around, and started walking away. 



"Sorry." he whispered an apology.



My hand went to my lips and I touched them. 



I lifted my head and JB hyung was already headed towards the door.



"Hey hyung!" I suddenly found myself yelling.



He turned around.



I smiled.

 

"You're always taking advantage of me!" I yelled.
 


"Hey!" he yelled back, but I could clearly see the big smile on his face. A look of relief practically.



"I'll see you later...honey." I joked.



"Hey!" he started walking towards me when I ran into my room, hands crossed around my chest in defense.



A few minutes passed in my room when I heard JB hyung knock on the door.



"I'll see you later?" he said.



"Yeah. I'll see you later hyung." I replied.

 

"Youngjae?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Everyone knew before you. Now you know." he said. "Thanks for not pushing me away."

 

It took me more than a few minutes to realize what he was saying. By the time I realized that the guys maybe know about JB hyung and me, he was aready gone.  

 

I fell on my bed, my hands covering my face in embarrassment as soon as the front door closed. Only seconds later I got a text from JB hyung asking how can my face get so red.

 

This hyung.

__________________________________________________________________________

a/n the end.

thank you for reading! picture from JB's birthday party remember?