|| 2 ||

Words Left Unspoken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


BYUN BAEKHYUN POV


I rushed home after finished my night shift at a small shop, which is the third work for me for today, I park my bicycle next to my house and get in.

The first thing I have to do is to look for my mom, I need to check her condition, I open the door and see her watching her favourite drama.

"omma ?" I said and she turn to me, I quickly sit next to her and rest my palm on her forehead to check her temperature "have you eat your dinner ?"

she nod and held my hand gently and slightly massaged it "no, mom, let me massaged you" I smiled and change my position to her back before gently massage her shoulder "have you eaten your medicine ?"

she nod and put her hand on my hand, which is on her shoulder "have you eaten your dinner son ?" she ask "ofcourse, I need to eat well to take care of you" I fake a chuckled before secretly wiping my flowing tears. I bit my lip to hold onto the tears, no dont cry here, she will found out. I said to myself as the tears keep falling.

"Im sorry Baekhyun.." she said and I stop massaging her "..w-why ? what are you sorry for ?"

"I shouldnt have fall sick.. Im sorry for being so weak-" 

"mom, what are you talking about ?"  I positioned myself infront of her and look straight to her eyes "Im really sorry" 

I know she's upset after what happen, I have saw her crying for a few days after my dad leaves us, I am sure the pain she feels right now is double the pain that I am feeling right now, especially when she is diagnosed with last stage of cancer and just to know that her husband leaves her because of her sick condition. But I never knew that she will ever blame herself for what have happen. Its hurt me even more as the day pass. Her face is getting paler, and cold. Her medicine will be decreasing but the cancer in her keep increasing. 

She break down and cry while pulling my hand into his embrace, I can feel her warm tears on my hand. "no, you shouldnt have-" I said and she look at me, with her already red and teary eyes "Im sorry Baekhyun, for putting you in this condition" Her another hand slowly reach for my cheek "mom.. its okay, I dont care as long as I have you" I extend my hand to wipe her tears "its not hard for me, trust me Im okay" I lied and pull her to a long hug. 

"no, dont cry, I really am okay" I pat her back and keep doing it until she fallen asleep.

I gently put her back to the bed and keep looking at her through the night, ..

Our life changes when my father leave us after knowing that mom diagnosed with cancer, I never though that my father was such a bad person, and I have never seen this coming, really. It was really a hard time for me and mom at the moment, I keep thinking on the way to continue our lives but I really dont have any idea. 

There are a lot of things that we need to pay, the loan, and the house rent.. and my school. How in the world can we look for money when I am still in high school while my mom is in her last stage of cancer ?

My aunt, which is mum's sister help us with the house after she heard about us. Thanked to her, atleast we have somewhere to live, but I still need to find money for us to eat and mom;s med and her chemotheraphy. So I decided to stop schooling and I work through the day and night, everyday, non-stop. But it is never enough for us. I will need to eat the cheapest ramyun at the last shop I work everyday without my mom knowing. I will only drink a bottle of mineral water through a hard day. Its really hard for me, its unbearable, the hardwork, the pain, I cant hold it in for a long time but.. I have to faced it.  I have no choice.

I feel really bad whenever I reached home, seeing my mom eating mostly ramyun and basic medicine that just enough to keep the pain away but not stopping the cancer, ..I might lost her in any time. Thats the hardest fact for me to accept. I might lost her when I asleep, I might lose her when I do the hard work.. and I might lost her right now, in any seconds. 

"hang in there omma" I held her hand before slowly fallen asleep by her side.

 

 

"Baekhyun ? wake up" I open my eyes, just to see my aunt infront of me. 

"ouh- aunt.. what are you doing here ?" I ask while rubbing my itch eyes. "sending some food" she raised her hand full of groceries, her face is written with smiles and her eyes is glowing. 

"ouh" I smile and look over my still sleeping mom "mom is going to be really happy when she sees this, thank you aunt"

I said as I help her putting all the groceries in its place "there is no need to say thanks, she's my sister after all and I cant let you work when you are still in high school"

"and- oh my god, dont tell me that you just eat ramyun-. . ." she turn speechless when she sees a lot of empty cups of ramyun.

I rub my nape and smile awkwardly "the money that I get from work is not enough for-" "my sister is going to die" she said and turn to me

"its not nice to say such things..." I mumble "well, I bought mom;s medicine and its pretty expensive.." I said 

"Look, this is why I come by today"

"..y-yes ?"

"I just got a great opportunity at my work place and it happens to gives me like- a lot of money that I can spend for myself and for your school and for your mom's therap-"

"w-wait- did you just mention my school ?"

"yes, you are going to continue your school" she smiles as she put her hands on my shoulder "are you sure ?" I smiled widely and all the heavy weights on my shoulder dissappeared in a second.

"so, I want you to stop all that hard work you have gone through and focus on your studies, I want you to study hard and help your sick mom here, you got it ?"

I nod and hug her "thank you really, I dont know what to say-" "dont say anything and get ready for school today" she smiles "you have got an hour to get ready and I will sent you there~ with my new car !" she squealed while showing her car keys.

 

As I look for my dusty school shoes, I realized that I havent go to school for almost a year.. 

"I must have missed a lot of things" I mumbled as I put it on "Baekhyun-ah, are you ready to school ?"

"give me a second !" I run into the house and search for my mom, I get on my knee next to her and run my finger through her thin hair, "mom, Im going to school.. arent you happy ?" I smile and kiss her forehead "sleep well, I will be back" I whisper to her who is still sleeping and run to my aunt.

 

"no need to rush home today because I will make your lunch and dinner for today and tomorrow and maybe for this whole week since Im literally free from work, and Baekhyun, dont be too anxious about your mom and focus on your studies and your school thing, okay ?"

"its you who need to stop worrying about me" I smirk and examined my new bag that she just give me "and you told me this isnt expensive" I said as I saw the price tag

"ouh ! how can that thing stay in there ? heh" she smile awkwardly

"your eyes should stay on the road not at me aunt" "ou-ouh ! Im sorry I almost kill the two of us"

 


"focus on your studies, okay ?" she said for the nth times and I signal ok to her before she drive off home. I sigh and look at my school entrance, some familiar students walk pass me and laughing, and there are ofcourse unfamiliar person..

I sigh again and feels something off, I turn to my side and smile.. yep, there is one thing that off. 

Her.

I look at my watch and lean on the wall as I wait for her, around 5 minutes left and she will be- ouh I just hear her laughter- I turn to her laugh and my heart literally drop. She is laughing with Daehyun by her side, they are clinging their hand together.. and that smile.. and the way she looks at Daehyun.

My heart beating fast as I saw her, but I turn around and faced the wall, hiding my face from them. I dont know why I do so but I keep feeling anxious as they getting nearer until I hear he said.

"stop giving me candy !" as he laugh. 

The moment when she told me that she likes daehyun flashed in my mind. I literally feels mad at myself for hoping that she will wait for me. Looks like she have move on..

 

"should I give this to daehyun ?"

"did you just say that you are going to give him 'our' candy ?"

"yeah, its valentine day anyway"

"but this candy is-..." "this candy is what ? Is that mean I cant give him one ?"

"do you.. like him that much ?" 

"uhm ! I like him that much"

 

I shook my head and sigh, what am I thinking about ? I am just a friend to her.

 

 

I followed my homeroom teacher into the class and every eyes are on me, I feel nothing really, because this is just my old class but not until I met her eyes. That gaze.. I missed it.

"good news guys ! Byun Baekhyun is back to our class" she announced and they groan, not because of them hating me, but because I am too smart and keep getting the first place in our class.  Well, not going to boast about it but, its the truth.

"Hye Im Byun Baekhyun.. as you remember" I smile and see a few girls secretly fangirling over me. Well, its a good news for them indeed, why ? lemme tell you. I have my own fanclub in this school which is annoying. I never knew about this fanclub thingy until I saw a big sign saying happy birthday infront of my school. With from Byun Baekhyun Fan Club written on it with lots of my picture they secretly taken, what's more scary about them is that the fact that they put a camera infront of my old house, that freaks me out honestly. ugh its kind of embrassing actually.

I lock my gaze with hers as she freeze in shock, still not believing that I am infront of his two eyes maybe. But seeing she took my seat next to Daehyun slightly- no scratch it- it hurts me a lot. I take a deep breath and sigh when I have to tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter