005

Tattoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cornerstone, Park Hyatt Seoul Restaurant presents the most pleasant and romantic setting, perfect for special dining. It presents a delightful ‘Brunch At The Park’ that is perfect to share with family and friends. The yellowish lighting gave warm feeling the whole room which was enchanting whoever laid their eyes here for an excellent experience of dining. And Minhyuk was more than wrong to invite Kim family into this soon to be chaos.

 

They walked heading to the Cornerstone together. Mr. Kang was busy talking about politics with Mr. Kim while their mothers were chitchatting about new clutch bags from Dolce & Gabbana with such excitement. Meanwhile, Jiwon and Minhyuk were walking side by side in silent. She shows her snobby attitude as she linked her arms on Minhyuk as if she was claiming that Minhyuk was hers. Too bad, it won’t last long, Jiwon-ssi.

 

His ears perked at the sound of his mother, “Omoo, Soojungie, such a fate, right.” Mrs. Kang shouted happily.

 

Soojung was stood frozen with her boss―Max Changmin. To her surprise, her eyes darted on Minhyuk and Jiwon unknowingly. A gentle tap on her shoulder brought her back from her reverie and soon made her gaped like a goldfish run out of water, “Ah, nah, Ma’am, we had meeting just now and―”

 

And her mind was so dead.

 

“And Changmin-ssi, nice to meet you again.” Mrs. Kang said politely. She turned to her husband, “… Yeobo, meet Soojungie and Changmin-ssi. The bankers.” She moved to Mr. Kang’s side and continued, “And here’s Kim family, the owner of Foursquare Design Group.”

 

“Ah ye, nice to meet you too.” Changmin bowed down politely so did them; Mr. Kang, Mr. & Mrs. Kim. Jiwon was shot a death glare at Soojung while Minhyuk looked nervous but managed to keep it cool.

 

That was Mr. Kim who asked them to join, “What if you two join us? Dealing with your job just now has definitely made you tired, right?”

 

“No, it’s okay, Mr. Kim. I’d love to but we won’t bother your dinner. It must be a special dinner, right?” Changmin was trying to refuse him politely.

 

“No, no, no. It’s such a honor if you join us.” Mr. Kim said.

 

And that’s how the chaotic night begun. They headed to the table Minhyuk served. Minhyuk’s parents seated themselves side by side while Jiwon’s parents were next to them. Minhyuk was sandwiched by Jiwon and Soojung while Changmin was beside her. The atmosphere was really awkward which was could be only known by the three of them : Jiwon, Minhyuk and Soojung. Well, Mrs. Kang knew it but she keeps her role to let the young people to fix it.

 

The sound of spoons and forks tinkled against the plate. They were chitchatting about this and that, frankly about company most of the times. Soojung was demure during the conversation, swallowing down her confusion and controlled herself with much effort as she couldn’t eat up her dinner. Minhyuk was stiff beside her but sometimes he just holds her hand under the dining table seeking for strength and assuring her that this is the last time he disappointed her.

 

Minhyuk put his cutlery down, clearing his throat, “I have something to tell to you all.”

 

The elder were stopped their activities and did what Minhyuk had done. Mr. Kim frowned with much curiosity, “Is it something important? Something like your wedding date?”

 

“Ah really? Oh my god, I can’t wait.” Mrs. Kim said in excitement.

 

Minhyuk gulped uncomfortably, “I’m sorry first…”

 

“Oppa don’t make something embarrassing here.” Jiwon muttered under her breath.

 

But Minhyuk didn’t listen. Tonight was his time to free himself to get the center of his life, “I’m sorry but I want to call off this marriage plan.”

 

Soojung’s eyes grew bigger while her body went stiff after heard what slipped from Minhyuk’s lips. She couldn’t believe it that Minhyuk said it all. His fingers intertwined with hers as he decided to finish what he had started.

 

Mr. Kim knitted his brows while his facial expression was hard, “What do you mean?”

 

Soojung wriggled silently but this stubborn guy tightened his fingers on hers instead, “I can’t marry her. I love another woman and I will do whatever it takes to make her stay with me. I’m sorry if I make you disappointed, Sir. But I can’t play with Jiwon’s future if I chose to tie a knot with her without a foundation called love. She deserves a better man who loves her, not me or another guy chose by you, Sir, but she can choose her path on her own.”

 

Jiwon was tightening her grip on her mineral water glass. She didn’t like to be a loser because she used to be a winner no matter what. If she can’t get it, her father will for her―his only daughter.

 

Mrs. Kim’s face was all red of anger, “You want to embar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter