010

Tattoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Go chase her, idiot!!” Nicole kept shouting at him. What’s wrong with these two just now? She could see Soojung was being so annoyed when Minhyuk asked her to change her gown. Her face told her that something might be wrong among them.

 

“…” Minhyuk rubbed his face impatiently as his mind froze once he watched his fiancée’s back walked away.

 

“Are you deaf?!!” It’s Nicole again. Her fingers curled up describing how distempered she was seeing him this clueless, “It less than a week and you two are calling off your wedding this easy?!”

 

“What wedding?!” His eyes twitched bigger once Nicole said that “wedding” word, “There will be no wedding!! The wedding is cancelled, Nicole. Go ask her!! She’s the one who wants this marriage cancelled now!!”

 

“No, you guys just controlled by anger.” Nicole lowered down her voice. This guy was on his maximum level of anger now, “Let’s sit there, tell me what is happening in your mind, okay?”

 

Minhyuk nodded shortly. He tailed Nicole to the corner of the rooftop, sitting on the bench. Her romantic concept turned in to a disaster and she couldn’t be more exhausted than taking a good care of the groom and the bride if they really decided to call off their wedding while their invitation cards are all done.

 

“Now tell me what’s wrong with your brilliant mind till you grant her emotional statement just now?” Nicole asked firmly like a mother educating her little boy.

 

He shrugged his shoulder, “I don’t know. You see, ring is not a big deal that we can fix it later. People won’t see our names inside the ring anyway. Why bother to be stubborn to fix it before our wedding while she knows that it couldn’t be fixed as soon as she wants?” Minhyuk arched his brows, “I don’t get it!”

 

“…”

 

“So childish!! I’m trying to support her when she thought to give up on this. I know you’ll take on her side and I know I was wrong but believe me I’m―”

 

“I know.” She boldly cut his words, “… I know. Thing is you were seen adore her that much and I can tell that you’re madly in love with her yet minutes later, you burst in anger like that was so not you.” Nicole chirped out her confusion. Her hands were moving as if it’s describing what’s on her mind, “There must be something wrong happened with you, right?”

 

Minhyuk sighed deeply, “There’s something in my company―bad news one and this is a big project but―I don’t know, nothing’s working.”

 

“Look, I know you’re in a difficult position but I’m a woman too. I know how it feels like to be her. You love her, right? Come on, she’s just tired mentally because she has to handle this wedding and her job at the same time. Men and women have different capacity enduring their problems. I know your absence during this preparation is for a certain reason but she only needs your presence, your time. Her life is already hard by living alone without her family surround her. And you… you’re the only person she can rely on. You know what? The best gift a man can give to his woman is his time, his attention and his love. I won’t doubt your love for her. I can see it clearly through the way you look at her. But time, time is an essential matter for a relationship.” Nicole said firmly.

 

Minhyuk his lower lip, showing up his anxiety, “…”

 

“Don’t you afraid of losing her?” Shoot!! She got the point.

 

“I do, Nicole―”

 

“Stop there! If she really matters to you, you have to make time for her. No excuses, no lies and no broken promises!!” At his confusion, she brainwashed him by lines of assertive words. She frankly taking Soojung’s side but hey, this is for their own good.  

 

“She probably doesn’t want to meet me.” He shook his head weakly.

 

“Don’t choose between your company and Soojung because she’s not an option. If you decided to ask her dad for her hands, take the consequences too, idiot. This is just the beginning of you guys’ journey. Marriage doesn’t guarantee you two will be together forever. It’s only paper. It takes love, respect, trust, understanding, friendship and faith to make it last.”

 

“You sound like a priest. I even haven’t married yet I’ve got this kind of speech.” He chuckled.

 

“YYAA!! I’m serious!!” Nicole spat.

 

“I see. I just don’t get it why she had to be―”

 

“―stubborn, I know.” She stopped her hand right in front of his face to cut his words, “… You guys can fix the rings later, I see. Just let her be. Think back, Minhyuk-ah. After all this time, have you ever heard her rant out about her disagreement? Huh?”

 

“No.”

 

“Have you ever heard her complaint about you being so ignorant sometimes because that thing so called company?”

 

“Sometimes. Yeah.”

 

“If it’s so, she let it go, right? She always supports you no matter what even when you couldn’t meet her when it’s you guy’s anniversary?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“She ends up forgiving you when you left her in the middle of your date because your company needs you urgently, right?”

 

“Yes.” He answered in a whisper, realizing all his mistakes and most of all, his selfishness.

 

“And don’t ever forget about Kim Jiwon once your company was in the verge of bankruptcy. She supported you even she had to sacrifice her heart to bear with the situations. She’s the one who works on this relationship. She should have left you if only she smart enough to make a decision. But look, she keeps holding on. Everything was about you, Kang Minhyuk. Don’t you see?” Man, you’ll be damned!!

 

“…” He remained silent as those realit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter