001

Tattoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“… You dig inside me just like Tattoo

You took half of me just like Tattoo

Even in your scent that passed me by

In your speech is my tattoo with my bones embedded…”

 

 

The weather was really nice with the warmth of the yellowish ray breakthrough the window. Soojung found herself smiling foolishly once she opened her eyes. She laughed most of the times when he called her last night. Just by imagining it, her heart skipped a beat and her lips lifted upward. He told her a silly fairytale and telling her sweet nothings till dawn. She bit her blanket with heart flutters and eyes closed tightly felt the tingling sensation as these butterflies churned her stomach mercilessly. They met in a gala held by Orion Engineering & Construction where her boss had contract as the bank that support Orion’s financial by disbursing funds for elevating its capital.

 

She’s not an innocent who is naïve about love. She started loving him when she realized that he gave her a comfort she’d never had with other guy. A feeling of to be loved and needed. He gave her the feeling of to be the most beautiful woman in the world with his sweet and caring treatment. How can she not love him? He’s tall and she’d really love to be hugged in his embrace with his two long arms. He’s warm and she loves to smell Dior Homme Intense mixed with his body scent when he hugged her in a gentle way that makes her feel secured.

 

The bell rang on the door interrupting her from imagining his presence beside her. Soojung rubbed her eyes not willing to leave her little world just for opening the door for a stranger. Who would visit her in this hour? It’s seven in the morning and she doesn’t have any schedule to catch with. She took a glance in the mirror when she passed by the closet, checking on her bed hair and her shriveled face. She fixed her hair and reached the front door. There he was, looks messy with his rolled up sleeves, unknotted tie and pathetic eyestrain.

 

She smiled wistfully as her eyes caught his presence. He looks tired. She tiptoed and kissed the side of his cheek softly, “You haven’t gone home?”

 

He shook his head, “Ani.”

 

“Why don’t you go home?” She arched her brows as if she was thinking hard while his right cheek.

 

He pulled up her palm and squeezed it softly, “I’m home now.” He said with low voice and husky, hinting that he needed to rest, “Don’t you plan to let me in?”

 

She smiled, feeling a blush rise up because of his words and nodded instantly. How can she not love him? She guided him in. He threw his exhausted body on her couch comfortably while she made a glass of milk for him. People said that a glass of warm milk could help you to ease your feeling and make you sleepy, right? That’s what he only need right now, a rest, a proper rest.

 

He was walking back and forth in her balcony, receiving a call from one of his client. She decided to not interrupt him, placing the glass on the table and back to her room. Actually she can hear his voice argued with whoever it is but she held the urge to snatch away his cell phone and threw it somewhere. This is Saturday yet he still had to take a good care of his family business. Sigh. She drowned into her own thoughts while cleaning up her bed when he seated himself on the edge of the bed.

 

“Office?”

 

He nodded weakly, “As usual.”

 

She approached him, “You need to switch your phone off.” Double sigh. Okay, she’s complaining too much less than an hour this morning.

 

He tugged her on her arm makes her standing in between his legs. He looks terribly stressed out, “I can’t. It’s my responsibility, and it’s about all my employees that I have to work my off for the sake of them. They have families, right?” He deliberately stared into her eyes before caressing a tattoo on her wrist, 0628.

 

Yes, a small meaningful tattoo.

 

That’s her man. He knows what’s on his plate and never be complained through the hardship he got. Soojung gave him her best smile to comfort him while patting his broad shoulder, “I know. But you have to know your limit. You have to take a good care of your health too. A sick body can’t help you to run your company, right?”

 

“You always know how to reverse my excuses, baby.” He chuckled lightly.

 

“Then you should learn on how to handle me.” She fixed his hair that fell on his forehead to get a better view of his thick brows.

 

“I love you.” He uttered the essential words for her as he grabbed her hands, wrapping it with his warm and wide palms.

 

“No, you’re not.” She said firmly. Yes, Soojung never thought that he loves her more than she did. She’s his option but she never regretted of doing this. She thought that she’s not his priority. The obstacles before them we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter