011

Tattoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung laid on her bed comfortably, carelessly splaying all of her limbs to relax her body. Finally, a rest…at least at the end of the long day. All of those stress from her work and wedding preparation, and even the constant quarrels she was having with Minhyuk made her feel so exhausted that her mind and body would shut down any moment.

 

Closing her eyes with hundred thoughts crossing her mind, she saw her beloved’s image. She imagined him with his formal suit and smiling at her. Oh, what a handsome groom. But her imagination vanished once she realized her stupid act earlier. Why did she tell him that she wanted to call off their wedding that easy? Her lips puckered unconsciously.  What if Minhyuk was really granting her stupid waffle?  The night turned darker but her eyes refused to shut. All of those imaginations had to be interrupted by the loud ringing of her phone. She wanted to squeal upon seeing his name but her tired body told her not to do so.

 

“…” Soojung was just waiting him to talk first, biting her blanket anxiously waiting for his next words.

 

 “Hey, you asleep already?”Minhyuk asked. It was almost 12 midnight, and Soojung badly wanted to roll her eyes.

 

“I was about to.” Her reply sounded curt.

 

 “Good. Can you open the door now?”

 

 “Huh?!”

 

“You heard me…and I heard you too.” She widened her eyes and immediately walked out towards the front door mindlessly. As soon as she opened the door, his tired face came to her eyes and her messy face made his guilty grew bigger, “Hey baby.”

 

 Soojung stared at him from head to toe, he was still wearing white shirt from earlier photoshoot. Minhyuk smiled softly while holding up a plastic bag. He rehearsed his speech before spilled it out to Soojung while letting her staring at him like they just met, “I’m sorry for being a jerk today.”

 

“…” She looked at his eyes and she saw his regret in it. Her heart told her to let this slip away but her mind couldn’t proceed what her heart wanted, “Why are you here?!” Asking curtly, arms crossed over her chest, she arched her brows.

 

 “I know you’re mad at me and I apologize for everything I did. I don’t have anything to say to make you believe in me again but…” He hung his words, his lower lips to help him ease his fear that she might not accept his apology, “Please don’t call off our wedding. I was just being so stupid on agreeing your wishes for…”

 

“Who said that I allow you to speak up?” She was glaring sharply.

 

 “Huh?” Minhyuk's stupefied face couldn’t be hid. Soojung never acted this way. She’s a soft-hearted woman even though she was mad, she will shut her lips and ignoring him the whole day but not this way, talking with a rude tone.

 

“Who said that I allow you to speak up?”

 

 “Seriously, baby I’m not joking.”

 

 “Who said that I’m joking?!!” She snorted, banging the door harshly leaving Minhyuk taken aback with her action. Soojung, this is so not you. Soojung told herself. Why does give him her forgiveness this time feel so hard to do? She wanted to hug him and told him that she was exaggerating things and controlled by her anger but what she’d done was the other way around and she didn’t know why!

 

For God’s sake, Jung. Really?

 

She exhaled, can hardly breathe as her mind was perplexed. Minhyuk knocked the door patiently while saying, “Sweetheart, please forgive me. I’ll speak up here, now, with or without your consent, so listens up. I don’t know what’s gotten on me that I yelled at you and I was friggin dumb when I let my anger win over my self-control. I’m sorry for making you cry again.  I can’t promise you a perfect relationship without arguments and differences. But I can promise you as long as I live my life, I’m trying.”

 

 “…”

 

 “I’ll look for any jewelry artists to give us new rings in a flash. I’ll take a week leave from office. I think my father could replace me for a while and we are going to prepare our wedding together. I promise. So please, sweetheart. Take that “wedding cancellation” back, okay? Please, I beg you.” He knocked her door again.

 

“…” But still, there’s no answer.

 

 “Sweetheart, you know I love you, right?” His last weapon for getting back her heart again. Let’s see, is it working?

 

“…”

 

 “Jung Soojung, please. I’ll probably break your door. I know it’s secured with password and it’s not a plain wooden door but I’ll find a way to break it.” He swore, he lost his idea to make her open the door.

 

She was speechless upon hearing him saying those words. There you go, Jung. Your wishes has granted by a busy businessman named Kang Minhyuk. He will make time for you. Don’t you want to let your anger go and hugged him instead? Oh, no, Jung, are you that easy to deal with? Make him trying harder!! No, no, no, don’t let your ego win over this. You’ll be in pain if he decided to walk away from your life. The evil and angel were quarrelling in her mind.

 

Her fingers unconsciously reached the doorknob and opened it. The evil got annoyed and disappointed while the angel was smiling blissfully. Minhyuk looked up and found her soft gaze managed to capture his heart, realizing that he will never let this woman out of his life. He smiled fully hoping that she will leave her anger behind.

 

There was no denying she loved his presence now but they both need to rest. They just had too much endeavors and they deserve at least some good night sleep yet Minhyuk’s sudden visit crushed that plan. Minhyuk was waiting for her to say a word but she remained silent.

 

“I’m hungry.” She deadpanned.

 

 “I know.” He cracked a smile, “Let’s eat.”

 

After an exhausting day, and despite being in the middle of the night, Minhyuk seemed restless. He was excited when she let him in. He always felt so welcome, and whatever his mood was, it would easily light up with his fiancé’s presence. Sitting comfortable on the couch, she sighed as Minhyuk prepared their super late dinner.

 

 “Would you like me to feed you or what?” Minhyuk asked while giving her own bowl of black bean noodles.

 

 “No.” She answered shortly.

 

 “What’s your answer then?”

 

 “What answer?” She scoffed, acting all innocent.

 

“Ain’t it obvious?” Minhyuk muttered softly as he scooted closer to her.

 

Soojung scooped her noodles closer to and munched it. As long as she wanted to keep her pride, she couldn’t act like one. Keeping busy in munching her nood

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter