Slowly the Light Shines on the Past

Our Cursed Fate

Hai~ This is Chapter 9! Can you guess whose P.O.V. this chapter is in?


"Baekhyun..." I could hear Chanyeol mumble from the bed next to mine. Curiosity got the best of me, so I set my bright red 3DS onto my pillow and roll off my bed and stumble over to Chanyeol's side, setting my arms on his pillow and my head onto my folded arms.

I was in shock from the sight of Chanyeol, his sweaty forehead and his elf ears were slightly red at the tips. The always happy Chanyeol is... crying. With sadness evident on his face, but what shocked me more was his next words of sleep talk, "...no... please... don't leave me.... I'm ... sorry..." a small tear rolls down his cheek, "... so please.... don't.... leave..." Why would Chanyeol say such a thing? What is he dreaming of? What could I be doing that is making Chanyeol cry?! 

I peer down at Chanyeol with worry before I stumble back to my game and save it and power it off, place it on my nightstand for safe keeping. I return to Chanyeol's side and bed my head down towards his handsome face. I give him a small peck on the forehead and whisper, "Have sweet dreams, Chanyeol."

I crawl back into my bed and close my eyes, letting my tiredness take over me and drag me into a deep slumber.

*

*

*

"Baekhyun! Over here!" Everyone was sitting on a blanket with a giant bento boxes spread around, I was running towards them so I too could have some of Kyungsoo's wonderful meal.

When I reach them, I pout and grumble, "Mann... why didn't you guys wait for me..."

Chanyeol gives me his usual goofy grin and answers, "Don't worry Baekkie! I saved you your favorites! Come on, sit with me! Let's eat together!" I smile and sit next to him. As I took a bite from my box of food, I looked around at my group of friends, when I noticed a certain tall blonde boy among us. Wait is that Kris?! And who are those two?! I thought when I saw two other boys at I couldn't recognize: one with a dazed expression and one other with a poker face and... rainbow hair?! 

All of a sudden, my vision flashes white, and I can't see a thing. Not until it clears up and now I see a scene where it is raining. Everyone was there except for the dazed looking person I couldn't recognize earlier. I was holding an umbrella as tears flowed down my face as I watch Suho weep in front of the grave with Kris and Tao trying to comfort him. Wait I have tears?! Why? It couldn't be-! That dazed guy back there... it couldn't be that he- he- died!? How why!? I looked at my side at Chanyeol, and I shivered at his expression. It was one of pure rage and anger. I then saw him walk away from the group out towards to a field a bit farther away from the graves. 

There stood something that shocked me.

It was that same dazed guy, but he seemed a bit different.... his expression... it's one of pure hatred and evil... 

Then Chanyeol starts to yell at the guy, but I couldn't understand since I was too far away and the rain was falling to loud to hear. And then all of a sudden, I see it. Chanyeol lights himself on fire and is about to launch his raging fire that can even beat this heavy rain. I have to stop him! 

I run forward to Chanyeol and back hug the younger but taller boy. I scream out for Chanyeol to calm down. But it was too late, when he realized what he had done, I was there laying in his arms. I couldn't see his face at all, my eyes were getting dimmer and everything was turning dark. "Chanyeol-...  I... I-... lo-" and then my spirit leaves my body.

Strangely, I could see my body and Chanyeol. His tear stained face as he held me in his arms with my burnt skin turning darker. And I knew right away who had done this. Tao... I snap my thoughts back as I watch in tears,-

-as Chanyeol burns us together, hugging each other for dear life. Chanyeol, I love you.

*

*

*

I wake up with a bunch of sweat covering my forehead and back, making my t shirt feel moist and gross. I reach up to my face and rub my stinging eyes, I must have been crying all night. 

I then roll off of my bed, still a bit drowsy from the previous sleep, and I enter the restroom only to walk in on Chanyeol brushing his teeth at the sink. I grab my toothbrush and cup, fill the cup with water and squeeze some toothpaste onto my toothbrush before sticking it in my mouth and start brushing my teeth. In five minutes or so, Chanyeol spits out his dirty toothpaste mixture from his mouth, and rinses it quickly. I too follow him and rinse my mouth as quickly as I can. 

"Rough night?" Chanyeol asks when he has finished rinsing his mouth.

I spit out the contents in my mouth again before answering with a nod and a, "Yep." I turn to him slightly, "You?"

"Me too."


Chanyeol and I enter the canteen and get in line for our food. In the end, I ended up with kimchi fried rice and some milk, while Chanyeol had a plate of waffles and maple syrup with orange juice. When we spot our friends all at one table, we decide to head over there and steal some spots at the table. 

"Morning!" I yawn out loud, as I scoot in next to Chen, pushing the other over one seat.

Chen just laughs at my face before joking, "What's with you two looking so tired!" He then had a evil spark in his eye as he smirks at Chanyeol and I, "Did you guys keep each other up all night?" Chen wiggles his eyebrows in a suggestive fashion as he elbow my side, and in all honesty, it hurt!

"No I had this real awful nightmare where I died." I mutter out bluntly. CRASH!

Everyone looks up at Chanyeol, who is across from me, looking at me wide-eyed. I gaze at him puzzled by his reaction. "Ah sorry! I was just zonking out and then I realized I was and all of a sudden I lost my grip!" Chanyeol laughs off his mistake. But, I can tell. He didn't lose his grip on his chopsticks because of sleep, but because of what I had said to Chen... But why would Chanyeol react like this?

Anyways I look around the table and notice something, "Hey guys," everyone turns their attention to me, "Where is Luhan hyung?"

Xiumin answers me before he stuffs a piece of pancake into his mouth, "He said that the principal called him about giving a tour to some new kid or something." 

I just nod to him and started to dig into my food. After a few minutes of eating, Tao joins into our table, and we start talking about how his night was. And it turns out Kris is his roommate... which reminds me... I wonder why Kris was in my dream....

Then I saw a talk golden head of hair walk through the crowd, Kris. This is when I notice Kris glanced directly at our table with... envy...(?) in his eyes.... Why would he need to feel envious. 

I turn around to talk to Chen, and thats when I noticed something I never noticed before. Chen was staring at Kris as he walked by, as if he signaled the giant something... suspicious... He then gave Kai the same gaze, and now I know for sure! There is definitetly something going on between the three of them... and I must find out what.


There he stood in front of me, finally.

We have finally been reunited once again. But I don't know if remembers or not.... our past.... it's okay for now, though...

What's important is that he is here beside me, again.

In front of me stood a handsome platinum blonde haired boy, he's taller than me and his jaw line is sharp, and overall, he gives off a mature cool and collected aura. Though I already know, he isn't as he seems. I know deep down inside he is the same bubble tea obsessive boy who likes to make his hyungs love his cute mischievous antics. Yes... that is how he is... 

..that is how Oh Sehun is...

"Hi, my name is Luhan! I'll be your guide!" Oh how I missed him so much.... I smile at Sehun as I reach out my hand, ready for a handshake. 

Sehun peers down at me with soft eyes and his expressionless face turns into his signature grin as he takes my hand and gives it a good shake, "I'm Sehun, please take care of me, Hyung." My smile became brighter.

 

 

 

 

I guess he remembers too.


Hi, this is Mei! I really hoped you enjoyed the chapter!

Please subscribe, comment, and upvote!

Please give me some sort of feedback on if my story is even a little bit okay!

Also, I am now writing more chapters and updating more frequently my story Club Exo! 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/906676/club-exo-exo-hunhan-taoris-baekyeol-kaisoo-xiuchen-sulay 

I am writing it with two other authors: Rembrandt and sailone8026!

If you have time, we would love it if you guys checked our story out!