Dead end

Healer Sunggyu

Hoya and Woohyun explained everything to Dongwoo.

"Still it's his private life!" Dongwoo said shaking his head.

"We have the right to know. We are like brothers now." Woohyun said.

"No, we are not like brothers." Hoya said. They looked at each other.

"We ARE brothers."

Dongwoo got up. He shook hands with Hoya. "Okhay! Let's do this."

Woohyun laughed.

-o-


"Let's go now. We won't waste anymore time. We could get a lead since all the members of the other team are not here yet. " Jongkook said with a fiery passion.

The red team went away feeling confident. The gold members were nervous now.

"Shincha. Where are they now!" said Jihyo impatiently.

Taecyeon had his eyes fixed outside. Sunggyu couldnot stop worrying but he tried to show he was relaxed.

"Listen. We should go back and search." Taecyeon offered.

"No we will waste too much time like that. We should split again and search. Two of us goes to search for them and two of us goes forward." Jihyo replied worriedly.

Everyone nodded.

"I want to go and search for them." Sunggyu said. He couldn't stop thinking about Chorong's safety.

Just then a man came and was taking their empty cups in his tray. Sunggyu saw him looking in his eyes. He looked away.

The man nodded at him again trying to get his attention. He tried to show him the back of his tray.

Sunggyu noticed and looked at him suspiciously. But then he saw the writing on the back of the tray.

It said, "Go forward
--Ahjumma"

Sunggyu widened his small eyes and nodded. The man went away.
If only he had his earset to talk to Ahjumma. But it would be impossible with all these cameras.

"I will go forward. You guys search for them." He said.

"Aish. You keep changing your mind. Arasso I would go forward with you." Kwangsoo said.

"How will you two solve things?" Taecyeon asked.

"I can do it."

Sunggyu said confidently.

-o-

So they set off. Sunggyu turned to the left according to the clue. He kept walking and walking as if it had no end. They arrived at a dead end eventually.

"What is this!" They both were tired and sat down on the grass.

"I don't want to do this anymore" Kwangsoo said towards the cameras.

"I hate this." Sunggyu added.

"Hey guys! it's us here!"

Sunggyu could hear Onew's voice.

"Where?"

"Here. On the other side."

Sunggyu got up instantly. It was coming from the other end of the huge bushes.

"Isn't this the boundary or something?" Sunggyu muttered. Kwangsoo seemed alert.

Sunggyu looked up and noticed a big tree with hanging ropes.

"Don't tell me." He whispered.

"Why did you go there?" Sunggyu complained.

"We are stuck on a puzzle here. Help us!" He replied.

"Ugh okay we are coming." Kwangsoo pulled Sunggyu.

They climbed the long ladder attached to the tree. They reached a branch nearer to the rope.One of them clutched the rope. Kwangsoo was missing the rope everytime.

"You go first." He shouted.

Sunggyu nodded half-heartedly and jumped. He clutched the rope tightly until he crossed.
"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" He exclaimed.

He jumped as soon as he came to the lush green grass on the other side. He fell on his knees. Onew came running to him.

"Kwangsoo!" Sunggyu shouted.

"Yeah?!"

"Don't come here. Instead stop the others from going backwards. We will get out of here and meet at the second point. Arasso?" Sunggyu said.

"Okay.Tell the others to stop where they are." He shouted back.

Sunggyu took his walkie talkie and explained it to the others.

"Why didn't you stop at the point?" Sunggyu asked Onew.

"We couldn't find it and came here."Onew explained. "Come with me. I think if we solve this we will really get ahead in this game."

Sunggyu followed him. He passed several bushes and came to a corner than went underground. He took him to a place like a cave. Green lights were flashing on screen.

"Wow." He said amazed. "They are doing so much for a game."

Sukjin was sitting on the floor. He got up seeing Sunggyu. Doojoon and Chorong was deep in conversation and looking at the screen, trying to solve something.

Everyone came running towards him. "Can you solve this?"

Chorong looked skeptic. "I think it would have been better if the others were here too."

"I am sure he can. He is a genius." SukJin said patting Sunggyu at the back.

Sunggyu concentrated.

It was small box with four columns and rows.
"4 1
3 4
4 1
3 4"
He read aloud. Why does it look familiar? He was thinking when he got distracted by looking at Chorong pouting at the screen.

He shook his head and looked again.

He let out a small chuckle. "You guys are something." He smiled slyly at her making her more puzzled.

"This is a basic soduku." He said. He pressed the numbers and arranged it accordingly.
The screen flashed accepted and parted opening an entrance. Everyone clapped and went through.

It was very dark and hollow inside. A woman's voice suddenly announced, "This is another stage. You get a clue if you pass."

"What even...." Doojoon's voice was silenced by a white distorted figure in front of them. It was laughing a frightening laugh. It had red eyes. It was a ghost or someone pretending to be one. They all shouted aloud. Chorong's scream echoed.

They ran in the other direction and came back.

"This is a haunted house stage." Sukjin said panting. "Let's just walk and not run back?" Doojoon said.

They walked again. The figure stood where it was. They finally came near it. It wasn't as scary as it was from far. They kept walking in the dark and there were skeletons and bones on the floor. A scary sound was being played which was more haunting. Suddenly something caught Chorong's dress.

"Wait!" She shouted.

Doojoon and Sukjin went forward not being able to hear her over all the sounds. Sunggyu went backwards seeing she was not coming.
He saw her scared and hastily struggling with the ends of her dress. Sunggyu couldn't see in the dark.
"Wait. " he said.
He wore his night vision glasses and instantly saw it was simply stuck in a small pin. He helped to remove it. She felt relieved.

"Thanks!" She shouted over all the spooky sounds.

"Let's go quickly." He said.

They started running when a large group of bats came over them. They screamed.
Chorong had her eyes shut and she was sitting down.She was shivering.
"Gone." Sunggyu said to her.

She opened her eyes and started walking again. She was slowly calming down. Sunggyu wasn't much scared because of his night vision glasses. Being the healer had it's perks. Chorong was looking at him all of a sudden.

"You look so familiar." She said.

Sunggyu faintly heard what she said. "What?"

"Your silhouette looks so familiar in the dark." She blurted out.

"Are you crazy?" Sunggyu was surprised that she was so sharp.

She shook her head. "Yeah probably this place is making me weird."

They were walking so near that their arms brushed. She carefully moved a little but continued to stare at him from time to time. She couldn't let it go out of her mind.

Sunggyu cleared his throat. He was feeling uncomfortable.

"I see light." He pointed in front of them.

She ran outside letting out a sigh. But she was seeing Sunggyu a little differently.

 

 

--------------