Killer who

Healer Sunggyu

Sunggyu always felt nervous at hospitals. The whole Infinite had arrived to see Eunji. Everyone felt worried for her and had that feeling ‘she might be our future sister in law’. Hoya lead them unlike under normal circumstances. Myungsoo had a bag full of fruits for her. Sunggyu had to hold the flower.

“Are we even allowed inside?” Sungyeol whispered to Myungsoo.

He shrugged looking around. “I have no idea.”

Sunggyu kept smelling the flowers. He started to sneeze.

“Ah-chooo!”

“Aaaaaahchoooo!”

People kept looking at them. They moved away from Sunggyu.

“What?”He asked through the sneezes.

He pressed his nose to stop sneezing.

“Two visitors only” The nurse informed them looking sternly at Sunggyu. Hoya and Sungjong went inside. The others sat in the waiting room.

“Ahchooo!”

“Hyung, Do you need any medicine for cold?” Woohyun asked him. He shook his head.

“I’m absolutely…ahchoo!...fine”

Sungyeol sat comfortably on the chair and looked outside through the glass. He sighed loudly.

“I don’t think I can sleep peacefully after what happened to Eunji. No one is safe anywhere” Sungyeol said.

“What is to happen will happen.. Thinking and worrying about it won’t change anything.” Dongwoo said wisely.

“But why would anyone try to attack her?”” Woohyun asked.

“Maybe it’s a saeseng” Myungsoo said.

Sungyeol nodded.

“Girl idols have more saesengs than we do, I think.” Dongwoo commented.

“Not really..I think male idols have them too” Myungsoo said thoughtfully.

“Yeah..” Woohyun looked at Sunggyu whose sneezing had stopped.

“What do you think Sunggyu Hyung?” Sungyeol asked.

“I don’t think anything” Sunggyu yawned. Myungsoo let out a giggle.

“Grandpa Gyu!” Sungyeol laughed.

Sunggyu closed his eyes. All he wanted to do was sleep. He checked his watch for any messages from Ahjumma. He felt drowsy. His eyes felt heavy and he lowered his head.

“Hyung” Woohyun called him.

“Hmm”

“We are going out to eat something. Do you want to go?”

“Anio . You guys go.”

---------

 

Killer knew that Healer had to be someone from Infinite. He tried to harm everyone of or related to Infinite to force the healer to reveal himself. Most of his suspicions were on Hoya. He knew harming Eunji would make him vulnerable. How sad his accomplice was caught yesterday.

He hated idols. He thought they were all narcissistic. Especially idol girls. He clearly remembered how he used to be the fansite of one idol girl.

He wasn’t rich. He worked and worked to get enough money to follow her everywhere. But one day he tried to hold her hand and she slapped him.

He was humiliated. He expected to be treated well as he was a popular fansite. Never in his life he thought this could happen to him. He couldn’t take it anymore. His feelings were shattered. How could she not understand his feelings and every little thing he had sacrificed? Because of running after her he couldn’t take care of his mother when she was pregnant. Therefore she had a miscarriage.

His mother left him. She had written in the letter,

“Son,

I sometimes get scared seeing the look in your eyes. I tried to the end to keep up with you. I can’t anymore.

I will be starting a new life because I need to. I am sorry.

-Mom”

 

He was all alone. He had to get his revenge.

 

It was her solo performance. He had managed to tamper with her drinks so that she would never be able to sing again. But that healer came out of nowhere and ruined everything. For the last five years he had been trying to get his revenge on girl idols.

He couldn’t stop. Once he had started he felt like it became his need to carry on his revenge. They needed to be taught a lesson. He forgot what he was living for. He had no one to live for. Nothing to look forward to except this.

 

---------

 

Sunggyu heard the members leaving the room. He took a deep breath. He almost fell asleep but woke up as two girls entered the room. They were talking loudly. They lowered their voices seeing him. But he didn’t open his eyes since he had no wish to meet anyone.

“Well, the police said they will patrol our area. I would still feel insecure.”

“Hmmm…I was wondering about that guy yesterday. The police wanted to know more details about him. He was too covered, I couldn’t tell them anything. They said it could be the Healer! Can you believe it? The Healer tried to protect us!” Chorong said excitedly all of a sudden.

“Ssshh..We might wake sunbae” Bomi tried to say it as quietly as possible.

“Oh yeah but why does he keep sleeping most of the time?” Chorong said looking at him. “He even sleeps through Idol events. How can a person sleep through so much chaos?”

Sunggyu felt the judging stares on him. He stayed as still as possible not even daring to breathe properly.

 He was glad Chorong did not manage to recognize him. His mind went back to yesterday when she was putting up a fight against the man. She knew she was no match compared to him and his knife yet she stood up bravely. He had never found her charming until that moment.

Chorong then lowered her voice, “I totally don’t like guys that are lazy like him.”

HUH! Sunggyu’s mind came back to reality. He listened more intently.

“Why..He is cute” Bomi said.

Sunggyu’s chest went higher as he took a deep breath.

“Ofcourse I know I am cute” He thought.

“He is maybe..It just irritates me a little to see people who just spend their time lying around. I have always admired hardworking men. They are the true people that the world needs. Otherwise you are just a worthless human being.” Chorong commented.

“What is she even talking about? And wait..did she just call me worthless? I saved her yesterday!” Sunggyu thought, his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

“Sunbae works really hard so he gets tired. He is such a great leader” Bomi said.

Chorong agreed, “Yeah that’s true. There is definitely a lot of things we can learn from him. I shouldn’t be so judgmental. Like they say not to judge a book by it’s cover.”

“But I realized something about you.” Bomi said.

“ I think you like mysterious guys. I know you are crushing on that guy who saved you yesterday.” Bomi said giggling.

“He was..AWESOME. If he is really the healer then the fact that he goes around saving people is just so..” She blushed.

“Omo look at you. Well, he must be the knight in shining armor you keep dreaming about.” Bomi laughed. “I am the Healer, Chorong will you marry to me?” Bomi acted with a deep voice making Chorong giggle hard.

Sunggyu felt it impossible to hide his grin but thankfully at that moment he heard Hoya and Sungjong return.

“Hyung!”

Sungjong woke him up. He pretended to look around him with one eye still shut.

“Ah..you guys are back..Aigo Chorong sshi and Bomi sshi!..Anneonghaseo.”

They got up and bowed to each other. Sunggyu smirked looking at Chorong. She was puzzled at how he gave her a knowing look.

“Guys wait here I would just say hello to Eunji ssi” He said and went inside.

He smiled once again at Chorong who returned a puzzled look.

“He never seemed normal to me anyways.” She thought.                            

 

---------

 

Eunji was reading a book with her huge glasses.

“Eunji sshi! Kinchana?”

She laughed, nodding excitedly. She had one bandage on her head Sunggyu noticed. She opened her glasses and kept them beside her.

“I was asking Howon oppa about you. You said you will help me with some songs?”

“ Yeah sure. I will”

He paused and continued carefully,

“Okay listen. Do you know how that man entered your dorm building?”

“Aniyo” Eunji answered with a complete blank face.

He needed to know how he entered the building because he had been guarding outside. How could he have missed him?

“Um..You have guards outside the building so he didn’t enter through the main entrance right?”

“Actually he entered through the main door of the house. Everybody was in their room so they would have seen if he had entered through the windows. I am glad he came to our room straight else..what if he had harmed the other members?” Eunji said.

Sunggyu was surprised at how she cared for others first. He smiled at her. “But how did he know the passcode?”

“We were also wondering about that because he definitely didn’t break-in.” She said thoughtfully.

“Anyone else know the passcode of your dorm beside the members?”

Eunji laughed. “Oppa, you are talking like those police earlier”

“I am just curious”

“It’s okay oppa. Hoya oppa was asking me a lot too. Thankyou for being worried. It means a lot to me.”

 “No one else knows the passcode though” She said.

“Did you go anywhere that evening?”

“I was upset. So I went for a drink. I drank a lot. Thankfully Bora unnie helped me get home”

“Bora?” Sunggyu gulped as something didn’t seem right to him.

 

---------