Can you see me?

Healer Sunggyu

Sunggyu never admitted it to himself but he did become fond of being loved by so many people. Fans, stardom, money and a sense of achievement. Yes, If you have those things you develop a fear of losing them. That is why a man who has less has lesser fears too.

But he knew he had to overcome those fears. There was nothing Kim Sunggyu couldn’t do.

Sunggyu tried to hear what the man was talking about on the phone but he hung up already. He switched off the lights. While he was closing the door, he dropped his phone.

Sunggyu heard the noise. He shifted his position but decided it wasn’t comfortable. He moved again. Darkness was making him uncomfortable. He tried to curl his legs again.

He switched on the night vision mode of his glasses. He looked around for the man. He was standing near the door.

Suddenly Sunggyu sensed the light was back on and the man was approaching the table. He began to panic. He instinctively put his glasses back in his pocket.

He could feel the man was already near him. His breathing stopped.

 

"Sunggyu ssi?"

The man had bent down and moved the clothes from the table. Sunggyu was astonished. How did he manage to know he was there? He had never been caught before. He felt like his body would never move again.

Sunggyu stared at him as stupidly as possible. He could hear Ahjumma saying something but ignored and pulled out his earpiece.

The man smiled sadly at Sunggyu.

“You don’t need to hide from me..Sunggyu ssi come out..”

Sunggyu was frozen.

He pulled Sunggyu out. Sunggyu hurt his head but stayed silent. He was thinking of excuses.

The man suddenly held Sunggyu’s hand. Sunggyu was taken aback.

The man looked straight at Sunggyu, “You should know you need not hide from me…I have suffered many years because of one sided love too. I know how it feels. I understand you Sunggyu ssi. I understand you…”

“Whaat?” Sunggyu pulled his hand from him.

“I understand you were waiting for Hyuna ssi. It might seem like the right way now. But this is NOT my friend. It never works like this”

Sunggyu was embarrassed. He was sure that the guy had lost his mind.

“Try other ways but this is not the right way. I will help you if you need..”

“Er…” Sunggyu didn’t know what to say.

“ I will support you till I die to get you your love, Sunggyu ssi. Even though I couldn’t get my love I would want others to be happy” The man’s voice broke , he became emotional.

Sunggyu couldn’t stop himself from rolling his eyes.

The man then hugged him and sobbed. “Don’t worry I will keep this a secret between us. If I don’t understand then who will?”

Sunggyu was feeling annoyed but was glad atleast this man wasn’t going to tell the whole world.

He looked at Sunggyu rubbing his tears. “I will not let your efforts go wasted. The world needs passionate humans like you.  Remember that I will always cheer for you. Fighting!!!”

Then he left. Sunggyu thought he had started crying again.

Sunggyu was stunned for a few minutes. He sat on the chair.

Suddenly he started to laugh. “What did just happen! Did you see that Ahjumma?”

“No I couldn’t see him because you removed your glasses. But Sunggyu, this is strange”

“Why? Haaahaa… Don’t tell me you are suspecting him?”

“No, I have heard his voice before”

“Whaaat. Huh! I bet you were his one sided love!”

“Ya! Stop laughing and get out of there before anyone else comes. ”

“Ahjumma..Honestly tell me. Was he your admirer?”

“Urgh!”

Sunggyu kept laughing till his eyes disappeared.