chapter 9

Insurgent (sequel to Divergent 2min story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Tae)

 

“Mother? Why are you here? What happened at Amity?!” I ran and hugged my mother. She showed me her gentle smile and that gave me joy.

 

“Everything was fine I am glad you are safe. I only did it for you Tae,” she spoke calmly. What did she mean by that?

 

“Mother? What’s wrong?” I questioned her; next minute I felt something wet absorb in my right hand. I pulled it to my face and felt my stomach turn. Red blood dripped from my right hand and I turned my sight to my mother who’s skin was turning rotten. “M-oth-er?! What is g-oing on!” I panicked and went to hug her to see her disappear into thin air, turned into dust.

 

Behind her I saw Krystal smiling at me with a gun in hand and then a body of my brother on the floor. “They just didn’t listen, it’s a shame really it could have been prevented if you divergents didn’t exist and the fact you ran away. It’s your fault she is dead, how does it feel to be responsible for your mother’s death?” her venomous voice boomed and I began screaming in pain. Noo mother, Brother!

 

“Tae!” I was shaken viciously. I opened my eyes in reality and saw it was Minho himself. I began crying and he hugged me in return. “Shh it was just a nightmare, it’s okay,” his soft tone was soothing but I couldn’t help crying.

 

“It f-elt so real, I am s-o scared!” I shrieked when I heard footsteps behind me. We both looked up to see it was Minho’s mother. She must have woken up early too. She bent down beside me and tried to signal me to stand up/ before she could touch me Minho slapped her hand away.

 

“I am only trying to help him, please let me take him out for fresh air. I promise it won’t take long,” Minho glanced to me and I nodded. Sighing he helped me up and I began walking outside onto a balcony down the hall with his mother.

 

“So Tae what is your relationship with my son?” she questioned me. So she wasn’t just doing this out of the kindness of her heart.

 

“I am his boyfriend. I have been for a few weeks in dauntless until all this happened. Look why are you asking this-“ I was interrupted.

 

“Look I don’t appreciate you affecting my son with your homoual ways, leave him you hear me.”

 

“I’m not stupid. I can see you trying to use him. I know him much better than you would I mean you don’t know anything about him,” I glared at her. It didn’t seem she cared how angry I looked she probably thinks it as amusing.

 

“My dear but I know him well, probably even better then you. I am going to make sure he stays here and I will do anything to accomplish that!” she growled her knuckles turning white. She walked away, well stomped away. She suddenly showed her true colours huh.

 

Breathing softly I felt better and walke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter