Chapter 16

Insurgent (sequel to Divergent 2min story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Jongin)

 

Okay all clear. I quietly run up the next pair of stairs to the next floor keeping watch in case the enemy might be around. I have to stay quiet at all times that will keep my chances of getting caught decrease.

 

“Did you find him already?!” a shout ran loudly in my ears making me cringe. “You are taking forever!”

 

“Shut up Minho!” I could hear Jonghyun tell him off. Geez do they have to be so loud at this moment?!

 

“Don’t tell me what to do shorty!”

 

“Why you alien bastard ow!”

 

“You two shut up! Jongin needs to not get caught or have you two idiots forgotten that?!” Key’s voice boomed through the speakers which made me hear nothing but silence… oh thank god for that. Looking to my left then right I sped up another pair of stairs the level of Erudite cellars were. Hearing noises I hid behind the wall and peaked a little to see a stretcher that was covered with two Erudite people and one being Jinki… did he really run away to be with Erudite?

 

Growling inside I ran full blast to the two grabbing one of them and knocking him unconscious and ran for Jinki who raised his hands up quickly. “Stop Jongin wait I need to explain something!” he shouted to me which made me growl and stop… did I listen because he was my best friend’s brother?

 

“What do you want traitor?” I hissed with venom like tone towards him. He hesitated and took a step back in response. I could hear his heartbeat rise from where I was. My eyes looked to the sheets and I now just noticed a hand dangling from the covered stretcher, who was it? “Look before you freak out on me I had to do this for his safety.” My eyes widened knowing who he meant.

 

“You did what?” I turned around to see Minho stomping loudly towards us and his eyes didn’t look away from the covered stretcher. His shadow covered the sheets and slowly he pulled off the white sheet to see Taemin’s lifeless face. Anger built up inside of me seeing my best friend dead in front of me. His own damn brother did this to him?! Staring deeply into Jinki’s eyes I walked to him and grabbed his collar pushing him to the wall.

 

“You killed Taemin?!” I roared at him he tried to pull my hands off his collar but he was weaker to do so. “You are his damn brother Jinki! How could you even think of killing him?!”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter