Chapter 14

Insurgent (sequel to Divergent 2min story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Tae)

 

I opened my eyes and my surroundings was an alley way; it was pretty dark giving it an eerie feeling. One step I felt something under my foot and I saw it was a gun which was loaded. Bending down I picked up the gun to then be slammed behind my head making me fall to the floor. Glass cut my forehead but I didn’t scream as my lips bled from the pressure when I bit into it. I rolled around to my back to see a group of 5 men; masked in black with bandages wrapped around their fists.

 

The man who I presumed hit me, he was going for another go but I knew… this was a test and I had to do this by how a normal person would do it. This has to be dauntless simulation; it was a test of survival and strength. Back to reality I pointed the gun at the man and clenched my eyes as I took the shot. Blood splatted on my cheek which internally I wanted to barf.

 

Opening my eyes I saw my piece of work; the man’s face had a hole embedded in his forehead. Lifeless on the floor made the other 4 members angry; I had to think and fight. Flipping backwards I ignored the glass that slipped into my palms and brought gun up to the 4 men. It was kicked out of my hand I watched as it slipped away from me. Distracted a foot came in contact with my cheek, my back hits the brick wall hard tears wanting to fall.

 

My gut was battered next thing I knew I coughed up blood which painted my lips. Was I just going to give up so easily? This is probably just been me all this time… I was always the weakest compared to the others when it came to strength so maybe I did deserve this. ‘Tae what are you doing? Don’t just stand there’ a voice boomed in my head. That voice… how I missed it so much. I thought it wouldn’t appear after the stunt I pulled by sneaking out. There I saw Minho armed and ready, beside him was Jongin and also Amber. What are you doing here I wondered to myself. Amber’s hand rested on my shoulder and Jongin smiled at me sweetly like he always does. I looked up to Minho and he gave me a serious look. ‘We are going to bring you back, be strong while we get you back’ he spoke my eyes widened and I shook my head.

 

They couldn’t do that… I ran away to protect them if they come they will probably be killed by Erudite guards. ‘But’ again I looked up at him; he brought his finger to my forehead and pressed lightly on my cut which I still hissed in response. ‘You need a little help while we come for you it seems’ light shone around me and I felt myself heal my cuts closed up… what was happening?! ‘Let me help you’ before I could ask what he meant Amber and Jongin disappeared and I was back at the scene but this time fully healed and I glanced to Minh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter