chapter 11

Insurgent (sequel to Divergent 2min story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Tae)

 

“May we join you?” I heard a voice call out to me. It was Amber and Yixing. I was on the top of the Candor building; it was very quiet how I liked it when I was deep in thought. Silence took over.

 

“Nice night isn’t it?” Amber broke the silence after a minute.

 

“Yeah it is,” I replied softly. “Look I am sorry for being here so long. I should go downstairs where everyone is now,” I placed my face into my hands. But if I do what if Minho is there and sees me first.

 

“Look Taemin what you did couldn’t be prevented, if you both didn’t do that than you would probably be dead by now,” Yixing tried to explain to me twiddling his fingers together.

 

“What are you trying to say?” I questioned confused. Yixing looked to Amber who nodded.

 

“What we are trying to say is you should apologise to Minho… do you get what we mean?” she added. I nodded. “Good then well that settles that.”

 

*Thud* turning to my right I saw Yixing had been shot and fallen to the floor. I gasped backing into Amber; we turned our heads and saw Yunho and the enemy dauntless coming down on wires onto the building. Amber giving me a gun we both began shooting at the enemy. We had to get away!


“Amber down the stairs quickly!” I yelled to her which she ran to the door and opened it. I saw Yixing and I felt bad leaving him there, it broke my heart.

 

“Come on Tae!” squeezing my eyes preventing tears to come I ran to the door running inside and down the flight of stairs. Amber ran behind me quickly trying to get away as fast as we could. Down on a platform many other Candor began running from their rooms and behind them were more of the enemy. Grabbing Amber’s hand we both ran down more flights of stairs.

 

A heavy weight brought me back to reality when I realised Amber had been shot. Bending down I tried to help her. Lifting her up on my back I tried to take some steps to soon feel a pain in my neck and I fell to the floor. Had I been shot? It was so painful though. Guns jabbed at me but I didn’t move.

 

“They are all down, come on there is more!” many soldiers ran the stairs to the other victims. It was quiet and I moved my head to see no one was around. Moving I tried to push Amber off of me but… that changed when she groaned and woke up.

 

“Ah Taemin you alright?!” she got off me and pulled me onto my feet. I saw a silver circle on her shoulder and I felt the same thing on mine. “What are these? Why is everyone not waking up!”

 

“This doesn’t make sense, we sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter