Part 3: Chapter 6

Wolf - Primal Instincts: Part 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 3: Chapter 6

The sun was rising behind thick gray clouds and the smell of rain was heavy in the air when Luhan opened the front gate to his home and slipped through, briefly thankful he had disposable thumbs again. 

After spending the night running as a wolf, Luhan had returned to the old man’s who had shooed him on home.  Luhan thought about meeting up with the guys at school in a few hours, but his feet continued to carry his exhausted body home.  Maybe he’d sleep for a while and then meet up with the guys after school.  He still needed to make sure So Hee was okay.  The thought was followed by a pang of panic that she wasn’t and no one had been able to contact him to let him know.

Luhan’s plans changed as soon as he stepped through his front door. 

He smelled him first.  That scent he would always associate with his best and oldest friend. 

Not entirely sure what to expect, Luhan silently shut the door behind him and made his way further into the apartment.  Entering the bedroom, he finally saw him.

Kris stood with his back to Luhan, facing the window, arms crossed over his chest.  “You’ve been busy,” Kris said and turned around.

His eyes glowed red.

Luhan had seen his eyes red before, but this was the first time since he had learned the truth of what it meant.  “Why didn’t you tell me what the ritual meant?” 

The color dimmed from Kris’s eyes as he looked away.  “Would you have believed me?”

“Maybe not,” Luhan answered truthfully.  “But I know I wouldn’t have let you leave without me to go venturing off on your own.  No matter what the circumstances.”

Kris turned to the window again. 

“Why did you do it?”  Luhan’s question was but a whisper in the quiet room.

“I was trying to protect you.  I don’t expect you to understand.  I reenacted the ritual that was performed on me, but it didn’t go quite the same way.”

“Who performed it on you?  How does bringing out my wolf before its ready protect me?”

“How did you break the link?”  Kris ignored Luhan’s question

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter