Part 3: Chapter 15

Wolf - Primal Instincts: Part 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 3: Chapter 15

The crackle of the fire was the only sound to fill the silence after the end of the first round.  It dragged on long enough for Luhan to begin worrying he’d done something wrong on his turn.  But then Tao spoke up to start the second round.

“Last year my goal was to challenge the captain of the Taekwondo club to a match.  That didn’t really work because the idiot went and got injured at the beginning of the season.  I was going to aim for the same goal this year but…”  Tao drifted into silence, but Luhan knew the words didn’t need saying.  It was a moment before Tao started speaking again, but when he did, his voice held confidence.  “My goal this year is to not hesitate when destiny comes calling.  I know I’ll be able to face it.” 

“This is normally my favorite part,” Baekhyun started.  “Setting a goal to accomplish by year’s end.  My goal last year was to score a date with Joohyun, but that seems so trivial compared to what we’re facing now.  My goal this year is to stay brave.  No matter what life throws our way, I want to face it with my head held high.” 

“I know we’re not supposed to address everyone when we have something to say, but circumstances this year are a little different,” Sohee started.  Luhan got the feeling Sohee could change the rules any year she wanted and the guys would go with it.  “I just want to say I’m proud of each and every one of you.  You’re all so strong to be facing the changes that are coming this year.  Not one of you ran from it.  You’re all still here and that says something.  I also want you all to know that I love you guys.  Nothing is going to change that.  Nothing can change our bond.  Nothing can rewrite our history.”  All the guys nodded at that.  Baekhyun even threw his arm over Sohee’s shoulders in a one arm hug.  Luhan could see on their faces what her words meant to them.  There was a moment where they all seemed to absorb those words before they turned to the next in line. 

Suho sighed, shoulders heaving, before he spoke.  “I really want to go on a date with Nari,” he said, naming a girl from a different class in their grade.  “Just one date.”  That earned him some ragging from his friends, but they didn’t give him too hard a time.  They all knew what a crush felt like.

“Something to say.  Kyungsoo,” Chen said next.  “I actually really admire you for being able to forgive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter