Part 3: Chapter 28

Wolf - Primal Instincts: Part 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 3: Chapter 28

The fighting stopped as everyone turned to the doors to see a man standing there, clapping his hands together in a slow, steady rhythm.  There was nothing remarkable about the man.  He was classically handsome, styled black hair.  He wore a tailored suit in black with a blood red shirt.  Black tie.  But the aurora surrounding him made Luhan look twice.  Power rushed over Luhan in a wave and resulted in a pressure to fall to his knees.  What was left of the black mask gang did just that.  One by one, they sank to their knees as if the puppet master had jerked on their strings.  Kai, Kyungsoo, Luhan and Kris were the only ones left standing. 

As the mystery man lowered his arms, his right hand caught Luhan’s attention.  There was a tattoo on the back.  He was still too far away for Luhan to see the tattoo, but it was in the same place as Kris’s.  Coincidence? 

“That was a beautiful speech,” the man said as he approached.  “Extremely well spoken, my friend.”  He stopped a few feet from Luhan and looked down at Luhan’s clenched fist.  “Very well spoken,” his voice lowered and turned thoughtful.  Then he turned away and approached Kris.  “Unfortunately,” he continued, loud enough for everyone in the warehouse to hear him.  “You’ve chosen the wrong audience.”  He stopped and turned beside Kris.  He clapped a hand on his shoulder and stared Luhan in the eye.  “Kris has already made his choice. He made the right choice.” He emphasized with a squeeze of Kris’s shoulder. 

“It’s never the right choice to turn your back on your friends,” Luhan argued.  Was this the guy that Kris had refused to tell Luhan about?  That one that had taught him about the ritual?

“Turn your back on your-“ the man broke off to laugh.  The humorless sound echoed off the walls.  “You’ve got him all wrong.  No turning of backs involved.  He’s simply opened up a wonderful new opportunity for you.” 

Suddenly all mirth vanished from his face.  His expression turned hard and he stepped toward Luhan with slow menacing steps.  The fog of power that blanketed this mysterious stranger was more difficult to ignore as he neared Luhan.  Sweat broke out on Luhan’s skin.  The hair on the back of his neck stood up on end.  His breathing picked up to match his racing heart.  It took Luhan a moment to realize he was more afraid of this man than he’d ever been of anything else in his life.  He wasn’t wise enough to be afraid, but his body’s reaction was his wolf telling him that he should be terrified. 

“It’s an opportunity I suggest you take advantage of.”  With slow moments, he reached out and grabbed Luhan’s wrist.  Luhan, frozen with fear and something else he didn’t recognize, let him.  The man lifted his wrist between them then, suddenly, his other hand shot up, grabbed the edge of Luhan’s sleeve and yanked it away.  The sound of the fabric tearing shot through Luhan like a bullet.  He jerked, his already racing heartbeat picking up pace.  But the man kept his grip on his wrist and stared down at Luhan’s newly exposed tattoo. 

His smile was slow.  The darkness that surrounded him faded and the expression left on his face was nothing short of insanity.  “When I leave this god-forsaken little town, you’re going to come with me.”  He said it as if he already knew it to be true.  He traced a finger gently over the circles and curves that decorated Luhan’s hand and a shiver crept down Luhan’s spine.  “I’m creating an army.  Did Kris tell you that?  I’m collecting generals from each of the founding families, but not a single wolf that I’ve turned from this line has been able to live up to my expectations,” he said.  Disappointment was clear in his voice.  He’s finger stilled on Luhan’s skin and, without shifting his head, his eyes shot up to meet Luhan’s.  “You’d be different, wouldn’t you?” He whispered the words and his breath fluttered over Luhan’s cheek.  “You wouldn’t let me down.  You are the one I need to complete my general’s circle.  And Kris has been keeping you from me.  He’ll be punished for that.”  Finally, he moved, straightening.  He released Luhan’s wrist, his fingers dragging over skin until Luhan’s hand fell back to his side.  “But there’s still one more missing piece.”

He turned around to face Kris again and Luhan, frozen in fear, was finally able to move again. 

“Kris, my dear!” He called out, jolly once again.  “Where is she?”  Beside L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter