Part 3: Chapter 25

Wolf - Primal Instincts: Part 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 3: Chapter 25

“Maybe it’s not him,” Kai told Luhan, thinking aloud.  “Ryehyun said it was dark in the warehouse.  I mean really.  Just because I call him ‘Old Man’ doesn’t mean that there’s not hundreds of old men just like him in this city.”

“Old men that know what we are?”  Luhan asked.  "That would confront Kris at the warehouse?"

“What was he even doing there?”  Kai exploded.  “How did he know the Masks were there?  I don’t talk to him about that stuff.  I should go help him,” Kai decided.  He grabbed his jacket and headed for the door.

Luhan grabbed his arm and jerked him to a stop.  “You can’t do anything,” Luhan told him.  “Even if it was him, Master Kwon knew exactly what he was doing when he went to the warehouse.  If he were truly in danger, he wouldn’t have gone.”

“Not in danger?” Kai him.  “You need to open your eyes and take a closer look at your friend.  He waltzes into town and sends the Black Mask Gang after you, then after Sohee, then when they fail he turns them into wolves!  What about those actions shouts ‘not dangerous’ to you?”

“Kai, it’s been hours since they left the warehouse, he probably isn’t even there anymore,”  Luhan tried to reason with him.   

Kai closed his eyes.  His head understood the truth of Luhan's words, even as his gut urged him out the door.  He regretted once again not asking Ryehyun right away how they had managed to get everyone out so smoothly.  It wasn't until after Sohee had healed most of his friends that they had mentioned an old man distracting Kris enough that he had ordered them all to leave.  He had no proof that the old man was his old man, but the coincidence gave Kai a bad feeling.

Opening his eyes, Kai looked at Sohee.  She’d been healing for over an hour now and seemed okay after healing so many, but it was starting to cost her.  It had given Kai a heart attack when some of the guys had shown up as wolves, but Sohee had talked him out of freaking out.  For all she hadn’t known what to do when she started with Ryehyun, she was surprisingly sufficient with the other guys.  With each healing she got quicker and quicker.  Kai had been worried that it would tire her out more, but she didn’t pause as she finished with one and moved to another. 

Somewhere in the room, a cell phone rang.

“Wait until we’re finished here,” Luhan said, softly.  “Then we’ll go check on him together.”

Kai closed his eyes and took a deep breath.  His head and his gut could agree to that.  “If he’s hurt the Old Man at all, Luhan-“

“We don’t even know if it’s really him that was there, Kai,” Luhan said, slightly exasperated.  “Let’s figure out the facts first, then we’ll deal with it together.”  Even if Kris had hurt him, they would deal with it together. 

“Kai,” Kyungsoo said and approached with a cell in his hand before Kai could respond to Luhan.  “Doctor Park is on the phone and he’s asking for Sohee.”

Kai took the phone.  “She’s safe, that’s all you need to k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter