Chapter 8

Nothing Can Change the Past

Chorong POV

I woke up and saw Bomi sleeping in a chair and Eunji sleeping on the floor. What happened? I remember me and Bomi being at the Han River and then me walking away, then everything went black. Omo why did I have to faint at that time, aiish. I stared at Bomi sleeping face, she’s so beautiful. Even though she said we couldn’t go back to the way things were, I’m still going to keep trying. I’m never going to give up on her. She’s my best friend, my little sister, and worst of all the person I’m in love with. I’m stupid to only realize this after seeing her again. When I saw her in homeroom after 6 months my heart flutter so much. I’ve missed her smile, her baby face, and I’ve missed her voice. I got off the bed and walked towards Bomi to see if she’s really sleeping. I moved some of her hair out of her face, and decided to move her to the bed otherwise she’ll have back pain tomorrow. I grabbed her waist with one hand and her legs with the other hand, carrying her the bridal style. Good thing she’s a heavy sleeper otherwise it’d be so awkward if she woke up and saw me carrying her. After putting her on the bed I went to Eunji and carried her to the bed also. They both looked so peaceful and cute sleeping. I smiled just by looking at them. I walked towards Eunji and kissed on the forehead and said thanks. After I walked towards Bomi staring at her for a bit. I was planning on kissing her on the cheeks, but as my lip was about to touch her cheeks she turned her head causing me to kiss her lips. My eyes went wide, my head told me to leave now, but my heart made my lip stay on hers. I deepened the kiss, but when I felt her responding back I immediately pulled back and rushed out the door. It was the middle of the night; I was too scared to walk back home so I just took a taxi home.

 

Naeun POV

I went into Eunji unnie’s room since she wasn’t answering her phone. When I walked in I saw Bomi unnie head resting on my unnie’s chest with her hands and legs wrapped around Eunji unnie. I tried to calm down thinking its Eunji and Bomi unnie, they wouldn’t have done anything and we’re always like this to each other. I really did try to think that, but the devil in me overpowered my thoughts and next thing I knew I was screaming “YAH!” then I ran to wake up the two. I took a pillow and started hitting Eunji unnie shouting “what are you doing! How could you!” Bomi unnie woke up in a daze rubbing her eyes trying to see what’s going on. Eunji unnie also woke up, but due to being woken in such a harsh way she started screaming “hey! Naeun-ah stop it!” she took the pillow from me and threw it onto the ground.

“geeze Naeun, what’s wrong with you! You’re so annoying.” Eunji unnie lashed out. My emotion was all mixed together I didn’t know how to feel. I felt stupid for thinking that Eunji unnie and Bomi unnie did something, but I also felt mad at Eunji unnie for calling me annoying, even though I probably deserved it. I didn’t know what to do so I ran out of the room and out of the house. I decided to just go to school without unnie today.

 

Eunji POV

Aiish what’s wrong with Naeun? Before when she woke me up it was always with a kiss and a hug. I got up only to be pinned down and pulled back by an arm. I started panicking, but later felt relieved when I saw it was just Bomi. Oh so that’s why Naeun was so mad. Aiish I’m so stupid. Omo I even called Naeunnie annoying. Crap. I started thinking that maybe Naeun overreacted, but then I decided to put myself in her shoes. I would have been mad and jealous too if I saw Naeunnie in bed hugging one of our friends like that.

“aye Bbom-ah, where’s Chorong unnie?” I asked asked which cause Bomi to get up right away.

“where is she? Did she leave during the night? Oh gosh what if she fainted on the street or something?” Bomi ranted while running around the house looking for unnie. I can see that Bomi still cares very much for Chorong unnie, I’m glad. I really hope they fix things soon. I need to think of a way to make up to Naeunnie. I can’t believe I called her annoying.

Once I got to chool I started to look for Naeunnie, but no luck. She has a secret hiding place everywhere, but sadly I don’t know where her school secret hiding place is. I waited at our homeroom, but she didn’t show up. It wasn’t like Naeun to ditch class.

“psst unnie” Hayoung whispered

“what?” I said

“I know where Naeun unnie is”

“really?! Why didn’t you tell me sooner!”

“well sorry, I thought you knew where she would be. Aiiya unnie Naeun unnie is really sad because of you. Why did you call her annoying!” Hayoung shouted in a hushed voice

“I was cranky from being woken up roughly geeze! Where is she? I need to fix things with her”

“she’s hiding in the old art class in building 5”

Right when the words left I got up and started running towards the class. Once I got there I saw a figure inside just sitting and staring into space. I opened the door quietly hoping she wouldn’t notice. I walked up behind her and kneeled down, then I put my arms around her waist,

“didn’t I say to never ever run away from me?” I said tightening the hug

“go away, I don’t want to annoy you anymore” she said trying to pry out of my hands. My heart felt like it was stabbed a million times by her words and actions.

“Naeun-ah, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to call you annoying. I was just cranky because I was awoken out of my dream. Do you want to know what I dreamt about?” I asked forcing her to look at me

“no” she said looking away

“well, I’m gonna tell you anyways! I dreamt that I was inside a big house, I was walking around and I decided to go look at the kitchen-“

“you would go to the kitchen first” Naeunnie said

“as I was saying! I went to the kitchen and saw a beautiful angel standing by the stove smiling at me. She greeted me by saying ‘good morning my beautiful wifey’” I looked at Naeun and I saw that her fist was clenched. Does she think the beautiful angel is someone else?

“Naeunnie, that beautiful angel was you. I dreamt that we were married and living in a big house. That was the best dream I’ve ever had, so of course when someone woke me up so roughly I was mad that the dream had ended. I’m sorry for calling you annoying, I didn’t mean it. You should know that I would never ever get annoyed of you. Please forgive me, my goddess?” I said giving her my best eye smile that I know she couldn’t resist

“yah using your eye smile is cheating! I’m sorry for waking you up so roughly, it’s just the position you and Bomi unnie made me really jealous”

“didn’t you trust me…?” I asked letting go of her hand. She instantly grabbed my hand again,

“of course I do! It’s just you’re the greatest person I know, I feel like I don’t deserve you. I’m always scared that one day you might wake up and realize that you’re too good for me and leave me. Eunji unnie, I love you so much” she said cupping my face with her hand. I leaned in and kissed her on the lip, which surprised her, but she responded instantly. We stayed in our position for a while until the bell rang, which caused us to break apart. We decided to continue this later and go to class.