Chapter 3

Nothing Can Change the Past

Eunji POV

After Naeun confessed to me I was left dumbfounded. Naeunnie was in love with me. With me. I smiled thinking that my Naeunnie loves me. After smiling to myself I scolded myself for not knowing that she loved me for 5 years. I’ve been in love with HER since the day we met. How I wish I would have confessed right then. Then we could have been together for 5 years. Naeunnie was so cute confessing after running off. Omo I must have hurt her when I told her about In-guk oppa and someone being in my heart. I have to find her. I tried texting her hoping she would tell me, but there was no reply. I decided the best place to find her was her not-so-secret hiding place. As I ran there I saw a figure that looked like Naeun. I ran and hugged her from behind like I always do, “don’t ever run away from me again” I said, snuggling my face into her back. I can feel Naeun’s heart beating rapidly. I wonder if she can feel mine, mine was beating uncontrollably too. I started feeling drips of water on my hand that was when I knew she was crying. I turned her around and looked at her worriedly “hey why are you crying?”

“unnie, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have confessed to you. The person in your heart is lucky to have you love them. I hope you two will be happy together. Unnie, can you please forget everything I said? I don’t things to change between us. I don’t want things to be awkward” she said crying harder. I’m so sorry Naeun-ah, I’m sorry for giving you so much pain. My hands never left her waist, I tried to stare into her eyes, but she kept avoiding it and just looked down. I leaned down and kissed her on the forehead “Naeun-ah” I said kissing her nose, “the person in my heart” I said before leaning in and kissing her on the lips. There was no response at first, but then she returned the kiss. Everything they said about kissing the one you love most is all true. It feels like heaven. It feels like we’re the only two people on earth. It felt like everything I love put together. As we parted I said “is you. The person I am in love with is you”

She looked at me and said “r-really?”

“yah. If I don’t love you why would I give my first kiss to you” I said flicking her on the forehead

“ow, unnie” Naeun said pouting and rubbing her forehead. I can’t take her pouting. She’s just too cute. My Naeunnie is too cute.

“don’t be such a baby” I said laughing and reaching to hold her hands.

“unnie, it hurts. I think you have to kiss me again” she said pointing to her lips

“but I didn’t flick you on your lip” I said kissing her forehead which only cause her to pout again. This kid.

“so Naeunnie, will you be my girlfriend?” I said leaning into her slowly

“yes” Naeun said leaning back in. Our lips touched and it still feel like our first kiss. I don’t think I’ll ever get enough of her lips.