Chapter 1

Nothing Can Change the Past

Bomi POV

“Bbom-ah!” Chorong said smiling and waving her hand.

“hey Chorong unnie” I said, “you seem happy today”

“can’t I be happy when seeing my best friend?”

“alright, what’s up?” I said giving her a suspicious look

Chorong sighed “alright I’ll tell you after we get lunch, come on I’ll buy”. Upon hearing that I grabbed her hand and ran off towards the cafeteria. Although I really wanted to know why Chorong unnie was acting nice, it would have to wait after the free food. Who could say no to free food? When we got to the cafeteria Chorong unnie went and bought us food while I went to our regular seat. The others were already there eating their food and having a conversation. As I said hi and greeted everyone Chorong unnie came back with the food and handed me some.

“Unnie, how come you bought food for Bomi but not us?” Eunji said pouting

“Because I’m her favorite” I said stick out my tongue, “right unnie?”

“what? No I’m Chorong unnie’s favorite because I’m the youngest and the cutest” Hayoung said smiling brightly

“you’re not my favorite Hayoungie” Chorong unnie said while eating her kimbap

Hayoung pouted, “Joojoo unnie, Chorong unnie is being mean”

“it’s alright hayoungie, you’re my favorite” Namjoo said giving a peck on the younger one’s lip. After they parted Hayoung smiled brightly and said, “you’re my favorite too”

“yah, how can you two do that in front of your unnies? Are you both trying to rub your love life in our faces?” Eunji said hitting Hayoung and Namjoo’s heads. We continued eating and enjoying each other presence. When lunch was over Chorong unnie tapped on me signaling me to go outside. I guess she’s finally gonna tell me what’s up. We walked to the nearest bench and sat down, instantly Chorong unnie grabbed my hand. There was some silence at first so I decided to talk first, “Unnie are you okay?”

“Bomi-ah, promise you won’t be mad okay?”

“okay…I’ll try not to be” I said, I was starting to get worry. What did Chorong unnie do?

“in our history class we have a partner project, the teacher picks our partner” Chorong unnie said

“okay, and who’s your partner?” I asked

“my partner is…Minah” Chorong unnie said quietly. Although she said it in a whisper, I heard her. Why is it out of everyone in the class it had to be Minah? Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have a problem with Minah, but she has a problem with me. Ever since elementary school she bullied me and spend her days trying to ruin my life. I tried to remember if I ever gave her any troubles, but I can’t seem to remember. Because Minah hates me so much I started hating her.

“oh…” I said, not knowing what else to say

“I’m sorry Bbom-ah! I tried to switch partners, but the teacher wouldn’t let me. She’s coming over to my house after school so we can’t hangout today” Chorong unnie said squeezing my hand tighter

“it’s alright Chorong unnie, I’m not bothered by it. I’m just worried about you! She knows that you’re really important to me, what if she does something to you?” I said, getting scared of what Minah might do

“I can protect myself, remember I know hapkido,” she said, giving me a reassurance smile

“alright alright, well I’ll just hangout with Eunji and Naeun today then” after the words came out of my mouth Chorong unnie hit me in the head, “hey what was that for?” I said rubbing my head

“yah! Don’t be a third wheel and ruin their moment, Naeun was planning on confessing today”

“aww them too?! Everyone is dating in our group now. Chorong unnie, let’s date too!” I said smiling

“y-yah, what are you saying? Don’t talk nonsense. If you want a girlfriend or a boyfriend, go talk to the many admirers that you have.” It’s no secret that I have many admirers, I tried to give some of them a chance, but we never just seem to click. Eunji and Hayoung said it was maybe because I have feelings for Chorong unnie, but I only love Chorong unnie as a sister, or at least I think I do.

“let’s go Chorong unnie or else we’ll be late for class!” I said getting up and grabbing her hand leading her to class. We had different classes so when we hit the hallways we parted our ways “bye unnie! I’ll see you tomorrow” I said waving.