Chapter 6

Nothing Can Change the Past

6 Months Later Chorong POV

It’s been 6 months since me and Bomi last talked. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss her. I do regret the words I said to her, but I don’t regret being mad at her. I wish we could have solved things before Bomi left. I wish she would have understood my feelings for Minah. I really like Minah so having my own best friend hate on her is just horrible. Everyday I would think about the day we fought. I would scold myself for saying such horrible things to Bomi. The thing I regret most is slapping her twice. In the 11 years I’ve known her I never laid a finger on her. Not even jokingly. How could I hurt my best friend like that? I hope Bomi come back soon and maybe we can fix things.

Hayoung POV

I was just sitting by the lockers when I heard a familiar voice talking at the corner of the hallway. I knew that voice anywhere, it was none other than Minah. The one who destroyed Chorong and Bomi unnie’s relationship. I decided to get closer and take out my phone to record whatever they were saying in case it’s something important.

“oh man I’m so close” Minah said

“how are things with you and Chorong?” a voice asked

“great. She completely trust me, she even chose me over Bomi. I can’t believe she was that easy. I just have to complete a couple more test that she’s gonna help me with then I’ll get into the university” Minah said

“after you get in what are you gonna do with Chorong?”

“I’m gonna dump her. I’m gonna tell her that Bomi was right all along and that she was stupid enough to choose me over her” Minah said laughing. Omo I was so shocked I almost dropped my phone. Luckily I didn’t. I hurried to find the unnies to tell them what happened. The first person I found was my Joojoo unnie.

“Unnie! There’s something I gotta tell you,” I said trying to catch my breath

“what is it, baby?” unnie asked

“well I was just…wait did you just call me baby?” I asked giving a confused look since she never called me that before

“just trying it out haha. I like Youngie better” Namjoo unnie said kissing my on the cheek causing my face to heat up. Even though we’ve been together for 2 years I still fall for unnie everyday

“aiish unnie. Way to distract me! Anyways so I was just sitting by the lockers when I heard Minah talking to someone and you would never believe what I heard” I said telling her everything and showing her the voice recording

“omg Youngie, we have to show this to Chorong unnie. Then maybe they can finally patch things up!” Namjoo unnie said grabbing my hand and running towards Chorong unnie’s classroom.

 

Once we got there we saw Chorong unnie just sitting and reading a book. We ran to her and nearly knocked down her table which really surprised her.

“what are you guys doing?” Chorong unnie looked at us weirdly

“come with us!” I said grabbing her hand and dragging her outside to talk.

“alright unnie, what I’m about to show you will hurt you, but I’m sorry it’s something I have to show you” I said as I played the recording. Throughout the recording Chorong unnie was crying uncontrollably, while Namjoo unnie went to look for Eunji and Naeun unnie. When the recording finished Chorong unnie fell to her knee crying, I did what the only thing I could do, I hugged her and held onto her tightly. At the same time the others came and they hugged Chorong unnie too trying to send comfort.

“I’m so stupid” Chorong unnie said after finish crying, “how can I believe her over Bomi. Oh Bomi. I screwed up big time. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry I’ve been so blind guys, I know that there’s no way you guys will ever forgive me, but please know that I’m really sorry”

We all looked at one another and we knew that we can never be mad at Chorong unnie. “Unnie,” Eunji unnie was the first to speak up, “don’t apologizing. We understand. Come on, let’s get you home and let you have a rest.” We all helped her up and took her home. She asked us if we could stay over, which we all gladly agreed. It’s been a while since we hung out with Chorong unnie. Although it’s been a while and the atmosphere is a little different, all of us were thankful to have Chorong unnie back in our lives. During the sleepover unnie felt a little better and was becoming the old unnie we all knew and love. The problem was she was the old unnie which meant our sleeping arrangement was I sleep near her, Eunji unnie sleep next to me, then Namjoo unnie sleep next to Eunji unnie, and Naeun unnie sleep next to Namjoo unnie because Chorong unnie didn’t want us to do any funny business. Although it was a pain not being able to sleep next to Joojoo unnie I was glad to be able to sleep next to Chorong unnie. I subconsciously went closer and hugged Chorong unnie to sleep.

 

I woke up and noticed that everyone else was still sleeping except for Joojoo unnie, she was missing from her bed. I decided to go to the kitchen and there she was sitting and drinking coffee.

“good morning baby” I said as I wrapped my arms around her. Instead of returning my embrace she pushed off my arms and looked the other way. This was the first time she rejected my hugs, I felt so hurt I started tearing up.

“unnie…why did you reject my hug? Do you not like me anymore?” I said on the verge of crying. Namjoo unnie started getting up and walked into the bedroom. I sat on the table crying, what did I do…why is she mad at me? I decided to take my mind off of things by cooking the other unnies breakfast. One by one everyone came to the kitchen except for Joojoo unnie.

“hey Hayoung, you should go check on your girlfriend, she seem sad for some reason” Eunji unnie said as she stuffed food into . I was debating if I should go to her or not, but in the end I walked into the bedroom. Namjoo unnie was laying on the bed with a blanket over herself.

“unnie…” I said trying to lift the blanket, but she pulled it back down instantly. “What’s wrong? Please tell me,” I said trying to pull the blanket again. No response.

“unnie did you stop loving me? Do you want me to leave?” I said starting to get up from the bed, before I could Namjoo unnie grabbed my wrist and uncovered herself from the blanket.

She sighed “Hayoungie, I’m sorry. I’m being stupid. Last night, the whole night, you were hugging Chorong unnie. Not once did you let go and I guess I just got jealous at that” she said not making eye contact. Ahh unnie, why must you get jealous so easily? I guess the good thing is it shows how much you love me. I smiled at how childish unnie was being. I lifted up her chin forcing her to look at me,

“unnie! You shouldn’t be jealous. I was just hugging Chorong unnie a lot because I wasn’t next to you. Also it’s been a while since I got to be near Chorong unnie. She’s always been such a great sister to me so I really missed her. I’m sorry for making you jealous” I said. I decided to show unnie how much I love her. I got on the bed and was sitting on her now. Unnie looked really cute blushing hehe. I leaned in and captured her lips. I love these lips so much. I kissed her with lots of love and passion. Before we could continue on, Chorong unnie barge in “yah maknaes your breakfasts are getting cold!” she said, but immediately stopped when she saw our position. She hurriedly got out and shouted “PLEASE AFTER YOU’RE DONE BURN THE SHEETS!” I looked at Joojoo unnie and started laughing, and then we both got up and went to get breakfast.

 

 

 chorong is such a cuteie ^_________^