2Eun

Nothing Can Change the Past

Eunji POV

Everyday for the past month I’ve been going to Naeunnie’s house to get her to forgive me, but it’s not working out so well. There’s always no response so I’d just sit outside her door from morning till night. I miss her so much. I miss her touch. I miss her hugs. I miss her kisses. I miss everything about her. This is my entire fault; I was just trying to make Sojin feel better. It was just supposed to be a one-time thing then she would move to America and give that guy a chance. How can I be so stupid to kiss her back? This is what I get for always trying to please everyone. How am I supposed to get Naeun back? Thankfully Chorong unnie and Bomi has been coming to help comfort me. Namjoo and Hayoung have been helping Naeun. Hayoung really hates my guts right now and it’s making things worse. In one day I lost my girlfriend and my little sister.

Today was the first day of the new school year, I was happy because I’ll finally get to see Naeun. I know she’ll try to avoid me, but that won’t stop me from trying to talk to her. As I got to my class I looked around and right away I saw my son yeosin. There was already a guy sitting next to her on one side, luckily the other side was still empty so I rushed to get the seat in case anyone else wanted it. As I sat down I saw Naeun glaring at me, if look could kill, I’d be dead right now. I decided to brush it off and gave her my best eye smile. She turned away quickly and played with her phone. During class the professor was already assigning some partner work, I highly doubted that Naeun would be my partner, but it was worth a try. Before I could ask her, the guy next to her already asked her and she happily agreed. Damn you. I was partner up with one of my other friend instead. The prof said we could spend the rest of the class period working on it. I moved to go sit next to my friend, but my eyes never left Naeun. She was laughing and smiling a lot with that guy, I started to get really jealous. Is she doing this on purpose? Every time she laughs she would lightly hit the guy’s arm in a flirty way. ‘Naeun-ah, is this your revenge on me?’ I thought to myself.

After my first class I made my way to my second, sadly Naeun wasn’t in there. When I went in I noticed that Hayoung was in there, maybe this is my chance to make things up with her. I went to sit next to her, usually she’d greet me happily, but now there’s no reaction at all.

“Hayoungie” I said poking her arm, instead of responding she turned away

“Hayoungie” I said again poking her waist this time, her weak spot

“ah unnie!” Hayoung screamed, “stop it!” she said giving me an angry pout

“do you still hate me?” I said giving her my pout that I knew she could never be mad at

“stop it unnie, you know I’m weak to that too” Hayoung said covering her eyes. I’m glad she wasn’t yelling or hitting me like she did a couple of weeks ago

“do you want to hit me some more? What can I do to make you not hate me?”

“first,” she said hitting my arm really hard, “second, buy me lunch this whole week and promise to fix things with Naeun unnie then we’ll be good”

“alright I’ll buy you lunch for a week,” I said sighing, “and I promise to fix things with Naeun, but it’s hard when she won’t even look at me!” I started banging my head on the table

“unnie, stop! You gotta work harder then. Even though what you did was completely stupid, idiotic, and just plain dumb-”

“get to the point Hayoung-ah” I said lifting up my head

“I lost my point…well anyways, just keep trying. Naeun unnie has a soft spot for you so I’m sure you guys will fix things soon. Every couples have their problems like me and Namjoo unnie and Chorong unnie and Bomi unnie, but we all got through it and so can you guys!” she said giving a thumb up

“Hayoung-ah, sometimes I feel like you’re the unnie,” I said smiling. Before Hayoung could say anything our prof walked in and the class became quiet. I was smiling to myself because I got my little sister back.

Hayoung and I made our way to our usual lunch table; everyone was there except for Naeun. I know she’s trying to avoid me, but I don’t want her to avoid our friends too. The whole lunch was a little awkward because when the others were talking they would try really hard not to mention Naeun, but when they do there was an awkward silence after. To be honest I’m surprised that the others forgave me so easily for what I did. I just wish Naeun were easily at forgiving too.

“hey who’s that” Namjoo said trying to point to the door without actually pointing. We all looked up and saw Naeun walking with that guy that was sitting next to her from the first class.

“oh that’s Taemin” Bomi said casually

Taemin huh. I wonder if Naeun has a thing for him or is she just using him to get back at me? I rather have her use him to hurt me, than losing her to him. I kept staring at them as they made their way to a table talking and laughing.
“Unnie, stop doing that, that’s creepy” Namjoo nudged me

“huh oh sorry” I said taking my eyes off them for a bit. Naeun-ah what can I do to make you talk to me again? 


After school I was walking home alone, it felt really depressing. I started reminiscing the times when me and Naeun would walk home together.

Flashback

Naeun and I were walking home hand in hand. It felt really nice and peaceful because little bits of snow were also falling. Naeun looked just like an angel with her blue beanie on, her oversized white sweater with a pink scarf around her neck. I really just couldn’t keep my eyes off of her.

“unnie, if you keep staring at me you’re going to walk into a pole” Naeun said smiling at me

“but I can’t help it, you’re just so beautiful” I said leaning in to kiss her on the cheek.

Naeun turned her head away and I can see that she’s blushing. It makes me feel great that I’m still able to make her blush.

“unnie, let’s go get ice cream!”

“it’s crazy cold and you want ice cream?” I gave her a confusing look

“please unnie” she said pouting

“Naeun-ah, you gotta stop using that against me. Alright lets go get some ice cream”

Naeun started cheering like a little kid as we made our way to the closest convenient store. When we went inside Naeun rushed to the ice cream spot and started looking. I kept thinking to myself how was I so lucky to have a girl like Naeun as my girlfriend. I was pulled out of my thought when I saw Naeun walking towards the cash register ready to pay. I hurried and beat her in giving money to the cashier.

“unnie, I can pay for myself” she said pouting

“it’s my job to spoil you, okay babe?” I said kissing her forehead causing her to blush again. I love making her blush; she’s just so cute!

We went to sit at a nearby bench to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the snow falling. Naeun was happily eating her ice cream like a 5 year old. She kindly offered me some, but I rejected it.

“why don’t you want any?”

“because it’s cold and I’m not crazy like you” I said sticking my tongue out. After that there was a comfortable silence between us.

End of Flashback

I felt myself starting to cry, I’ve been doing that too much lately. Naeunnie is the only person that can make me cry this much and she’s the only one that is the only one who can stop it. I was afraid that someone might see the so-called strong Jung Eunji crying, so I went to a nearby alley and just sat there. I started to cry my eyes out not really caring anymore if anyone saw. Everyday I keep feeling like I’m the biggest idiot in the world. How can I have kissed Sojin when I already had Naeun? The kiss didn’t mean anything. When I kissed Sojin I didn’t feel anything at all, when I kiss Naeun it feels like the world is spinning. I see fireworks. I lose all feelings in my legs. Kissing Naeun is like Christmas, New Years, Birthdays, Chinese New Year, and every great thing combined. I really miss those lips.

“here” said a really familiar voice.

I looked up and saw it was my Son Yeosin. Naeun was standing right before me. She was offering me a handkerchief .

“thanks, but it’s fine, I don’t need it” I said trying to get every words out

“sure you don’t” she said rolling her eyes. Then she took my hand and put the handkerchief in it. When she held onto my hand I could feel electricity running through me and I could feel my heart starting to flutter.

“this doesn’t mean anything” she said then walked away. I stayed still for a bit then decided that I should run after her. I hurried and got up to go after her, but when I saw her she was walking towards someone.

“Oppa!” she called out then ran to Taemin. Ugh that douche, why did he had to be there right now. I wonder what is going on between them, they seem to be getting awfully close to one another in just one day. I need to find out some information about that guy.

Once I got home I decided to call one of my friend, Ashley. She’s basically the school queen gossiper. She knows everything that goes around the school.

“Hey Jung Eunji! What’s poppin?” Ashley said

“that’s really lame…anyways I gotta ask you something super important, but you can’t tell anyone I asked, arrasso?” I said

“yeah, what is it?”

“tell me about Taemin, like who is he and stuff”

“Taemin…Taemin…Taemin…AH! That guy in your first period? Stay away from him. He’s a big time player. He pretends to be nice and sweet, but he really just wants to get in your pants. You better keep an eye on your girlfriend. I was going to call you about this, during summer school I heard him made a bet with his friends saying that he can get Naeun into bed in one day and he said that he will use any means necessary”

“why are you only telling me this now! Aiish. Where does he live?” I shouted into the phone

“geeze you don’t have to shout! He lives in that little house near Turtle Land bakery. The house is one those of one room house since he lives alone. You’ll know when you get there”

“alright thanks! Bye!” I hung up and made my way to the bakery. Thankfully I knew where the bakery was because I used to go there when I was a kid.

It took me about 15 minutes to run to the street of the bakery. I started to look for a small house, Ashley was right, the house was hard to miss. I knocked on the door, but there was no answer. What if he was forcing himself on her right now? What did Ashley mean by ‘any means necessary’? I let my imagination run free and couldn’t take the images so I ran and smashed the door. This is going to look so bad if I got the timing wrong. I ran to the bedroom and, yup, I had the worst timing ever, they were just sitting on the bed studying.

“Jun Eunji?! How in the world did you get in? Were you the one that made that sound?” Taemin shouted then went to check the door

“what are you doing here?!” Naeun said coldly. I was about to answer when a scream distracted me

“MY DOOR!” Taemin shouted. ‘crap’ I thought to myself.

“YAH! What’s wrong with you?!” Taemin shouted

“Unnie, let’s go talk outside.” Naeun said coldly giving me her very best glare. I was never really scared of her glares, but this time her glare was even scarier than Chorong unnie’s. She grabbed my wrist harshly and dragged me outside.

 

“what do you think you are doing?” she asked crossing her arm

“uhhh..ummm” I stammered

“well? I’m waiting.”

“I thought you were going to be in trouble, so I came to rescue you” I said avoiding her eyes

“what kind of trouble would I be in?! If this is one of the trick, it’s not funny. You just embarrassed me in front of Taemin oppa. Just leave!” she said then stormed back inside, somehow able to close the broken door.

I sat down on the ground thinking that I must be stupid. She’s already so mad at me and I went and do this. Ugh what is wrong with me?! I wonder if Taemin is really going to do something to Naeun. Ashley has never been wrong before. I decided not to take my chances and just stay nearby until Naeun goes home.


I decided to go to the bakery to get some bread as dinner. It’s 7 p.m. I’ve been waiting for Naeun for 4 hours now. What in the world are they doing? I was about to bite into my bread when I heard a scream coming out of the house.

“AHHH”

“GET AWAY FROM ME”

I ran into the house breaking down the door for the second time, and went straight into the bedroom. I saw Naeun being pinned down and Taemin was hovering over her. I ran and pushed Taemin off the bed and helped Naeun up.

“are you okay?” I asked checking her to see if she had any injuries. Naeun nodded, but was slowly starting to cry.

“can’t you mind your own business Jung Eunji?!” Taemin said getting up and walking towards us.

“yah! Get away from us or else you’re going to regret it” I said

“psh like you’re strong enough to take me on” he scoffed then grabbed onto Naeun’s wrist and tried to pull her to him. I can see that he was holding onto her tightly because Naeun was yelling in pain.

“let her go. Now.” I said, holding onto Naeun gently. I didn’t want to pull her back because Taemin had a strong grip on her and I was scared I might hurt her.

“once I’m done with her you can have her” Taemin said pulling Naeun closer.

“alright, that’s it!” I shouted.

I made my ways toward him getting ready to punch him in the face, but that douche had fast reflexes and grabbed my arm before I could make contact with his face. Luckily I thought things fast on my feet, so I instinctively lifted my knees and kneed him in his special place. He let out a yelp and fell to the ground. I took this as my chance to run, so I grabbed Naeun’s hand and led her out of the house. Halfway through running I felt Naeun stopped, I looked back and her legs were shaking and she was breathing hard.

“are you alright? Can you run more?” I asked full of concern

“I’m…f-fine. That put something in my drink…so I-I’m feeling a little dizzy” she said barely getting the words out.

I squat down and helped her get on my back. We were almost back to her house thankfully. I gathered up all my strength and carried her all the way to her house. Her parents weren’t home, thankfully, otherwise they would be worried and ask me a lot of questions. I brought her up to her room and placed her on her bed

“Naeun-ah, are you awake? Are you okay?” I asked

“y-yeah” she answered quietly

“okay, get some rest now, alright? Taemin is far-gone, so you’ll be okay. I’ll come check up on you in the morning” I said pulling the covers over her.

“stay,” Naeun said grabbing onto my hand, “please”

“alright, just get some sleep now” I said, I started to walk to get a chair to move next to the bed.

“no, not there,” she said slowly moving the blankets, “up here. Just for tonight, please?” she said patting the bed.

I became a little nervous, and reluctantly agreed. I got onto the bed and lay beside Naeun. It felt really great to be near her without her saying mean things. Her arms suddenly wrapped around my waist, which startled me, but I gladly let her hug me. She quickly fell asleep and lightly snored. I smiled at how cute and innocent she looked. I leaned in and kissed her on the forehead. How I miss this so much. I started to close my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.


i love 2Eun too much to break them up, and also i had a friend nagging me to continue on. this story will probably end next chapter~ thanks for reading c: