Hajoo

Nothing Can Change the Past

Namjoo POV

I was about to turn the corner to the cafeteria when I heard Hayoung’s voice in a nearby classroom “what are you doing?” then a voice said “don’t worry babe, Namjoo won’t find out” I took a peek through the window and I felt my whole world come crashing down. A girl had her arms around Hayoung’s neck and Hayoung had both her hands on the girl’s hip. They were kissing. I gasped which caused them to break apart and turned my way. Hayoung stared at me with wide eyes, “Joojoo unnie!”

“we’re over!” I screamed running away in tear

“unnie wait! It’s not what you think!” Hayoung shouted running after me. I got to the cafeteria where the others were. They all looked at me with shocked or worried look, before they could ask me what’s wrong I told them “I’m not feeling well, I’m gonna go home. If Hayoung comes and ask don’t tell her” I said then ran off.

 

Hayoung’s POV

Oh crap. Why did unnie had to see that part?! Why couldn’t she come earlier and save me before that witch kissed me? I looked for her everywhere, but couldn’t find her. I went to the cafeteria to ask the others for help.

“have you guys seen Namjoo unnie?” I asked trying to catch my breath

“yeah she came here about 10 minutes ago, what’s going on between you two?” Eunji unnie asked

“where is she?!” I asked close to shouting

“we’re not telling you until you tell me what’s going on” Bomi unnie said. So I started explaining to them what happened. When I finished I was crying softly because what if I lose Namjoo unnie over this? The others looked at me with sympathy and pity in their eyes. Naeun unnie was the first to speak up “Hayoung-ah, she’s at home. You have to go and explain right now” I nodded and dashed out to Namjoo unnie’s house.

 

Namjoo POV

I stayed in my room crying thinking how could Hayoung do this to me. Did our 3 years of relationship mean nothing to her? I was pulled out of my thought when there was a knock on the door. I opened it assuming it was my mom, but immediately closed it when I saw it was her. I tried to close the door, but damn her strength. She pushed through causing me to fall backward, but before I could hit the floor Hayoung grabbed onto my waist stopping me. At first I thought ‘she’s always there to save me’ but that thought was gone and I pushed her away from me.

“unnie, please listen to me” Hayoung pleaded

“no. get out now” I said giving her my best glare. I guess it wasn’t working since Hayoung was still there. I seriously need to ask Chorong unnie how she does it.

“I’m not going anywhere until you let me explain” she said grabbing my hand

“I don’t want to hear it! Get out, we’re over so go back to your other girlfriend” I said jerking my hand away from her. Hayoung was on the verge of crying and so was I, but I tried my best to hold it in.

“let me explain. There’s nothing between me and her-“ before Hayoung could finish I slapped her,

“shut up. I don’t want to hear it. Get out” I said coldly.

“Joojoo unnie…” Hayoung said holding her cheeks and crying. There were silence for a while until Hayoung started walking towards the door, “you know what unnie if you really doubt our relationship and wants to end it, then fine! Here I am trying to explain the misunderstanding, but you won’t even listen and you even slapped me. You never had faith in me did you? Yes I know you saw that girl and I kissing, but she forced it on me. I was trying to push her off that’s why my hands were on her hip. I got a love letter from her, I met up with her to tell her that I already found the love of my life; she wouldn’t accept it so she forced herself on me. Unnie, do you doubt me? Do you think I would cheat on you? If you really thought that then wow I guess I was living in an illusion these past 3 years thinking we trusted each other and our relationship. Goodbye,” Hayoung said and walked out of my life. I dropped to my knees breaking down. What is wrong with me? Why didn’t I let her explain? Why did I doubt her? I even slapped her. I have to fix this somehow.

 

I called everyone asking them to help me. About 20 minutes later only Bomi and Naeun unnie came.

“where’s Eunji and Chorong unnie?” I asked

“they went to talk to Hayoung” Naeun unnie said. I guess Hayoung also called them.

“I really need help. I screwed up big time” I said starting to cry again

“tell us everything” Bomi unnie said. After I finished Bomi unnie hit me on the head while Naeun unnie slapped my arm. I didn’t protest because I deserved it.

“Bomi unnie, Chorong unnie slapped you, how did you forgive her?” I asked

“I don’t know actually. I guess I really love her and was willing to give her another chance. If Hayoung truly loves you she’ll see past your mistake and take you back. Also Chorong unnie promise to always be my side and make me feel loved, which made me trust her more” Bomi unnie said

“okay, that’s what I have to do. I have to show Hayoung that I love her and have faith in her and that I’m an idiot for thinking otherwise.” By the end of the night we came up with a plan that I hope will work.

 

Hayoung POV

I asked Eunji and Chorong unnie to come over because they were the two that took care of me the most. Once they arrived in my room they immediately ran and hugged me. Although I’m grateful for them I couldn’t help but think ‘I wish it was Joojoo unnie that was holding me’. We sat on my bed talking about what happened, I was surprised that they were only mad at her for hitting me and not for the rest of the problem.

“Hayoungie, are you gonna forgive her?” Chorong unnie asked my hair to help me stop from crying

“I don’t know…”

“Hayoung-ah, put yourself in her shoes, if you saw her kissing someone would you listen to her explanation right away?” Eunji unnie asked, I thought about it for a bit and said

“yes”

“really Hayoung?” Come on, it’s us you’re talking to” Eunji unnie said

“no…” I said back, “but I wouldn’t slap her or say that we’re over!” I nearly shouted crying all over again. Eunji and Chorong unnie just kept holding me and listened to my cry.

 

I woke up the next morning with both of them by my side; I smiled to myself thinking that I’m lucky to have two unnies who care so much about me. The smile disappeared as quick as it came when I remember what had happened yesterday. I still feel mad at Namjoo unnie, she had so much doubt in our relationship. How can I be in a relationship with someone like that? At the same time all I want to do is call her or go to her house and run into her arms. I’m glad that today was a Saturday because I didn’t want to go to school with puffy swollen eyes. The two unnies were still snoring so I went down to make breakfast for them. I texted Bomi and Naeun unnie to come eat breakfast, but they were busy which I thought was strange.

“Hayoungie, what are you doing up? You need to sleep more to gain your strength back” Chorong unnie said rubbing her eyes, she then came and took over what I was doing, “here let me do it, why don’t you go and wake up Eunji”

“aww I rather do the cooking” I pouted

“go” Chorong unnie said laughing. I made my way back to my bedroom to see Eunji unnie taking over the whole bed. I went beside her and whispered “unnie…wake up”

*snore*

“unnie” I said shaking her

“Naeun-ah, let me sleep for 5 more minutes and I’ll do anything you want, and I mean anything” Eunji unnie said sleepily and seductively. How she does that when she’s still sleeping I’ll never know.

“YAH! Jung Eunji! How can you say that in front of our maknae” Chorong unnie yelled barging into the room. Eunji sat up straight away then started looking around the room wondering where she was. Chorong unnie threw a pillow at Eunji and walked out of the room. I laughed at Eunji unnie’s confused face and followed Chorong unnie to breakfast. Being with Chorong and Eunji unnie always make me happy even when I’m feeling like it’s the end of the world. They are like my real sister and I’m so grateful for them. We finished eating breakfast and the unnies said we could do whatever I wanted. I wanted nothing more than to spend the day with Namjoo unnie, but I still feel really mad at her.

“yah, I just got a text from Bomi. She wants us to go to her house to have a movie day” Chorong unnie said reading from her phone

“will Namjoo unnie be there?” I asked quietly

“yeah…come on Hayoungie, you can’t avoid it forever. You have to face her. Don’t worry, we’ll be there. If you don’t want to be near her we’ll keep her away from you” Chorong unnie said patting my back. We got ready and made our way to Bomi unnie’s house, I was feeling very nervous going in, but when I went in Namjoo unnie wasn’t there. I sighed in relief, but at the same time felt disappointed. We all gathered around the tv to watch the movie. Why did Bomi unnie had to pick such a boring movie? I was slowly falling asleep, ‘I’ll close my eyes for a bit’ I thought to myself.

 

I woke up and saw that there was no one in the living room. Where did everyone go? I tried to reach for my phone, but it wasn’t there. What the heck is going on? I went around the house looking for everyone, but no one was there. When I went back to the front door I saw the one person who I never wanted to see, but also the person who I wanted to see most. I was about to turn back to run away, but I stopped when she ran to backhug me.

“please don’t go” Namjoo unnie said

“let go” I said

“listen to me, please” she said trying to turn me around

“why should I? You didn’t listen to me yesterday” I said avoiding eye contacts. I knew that if I looked into her eyes I would just kiss her.

Unnie placed her hand on my chin forcing me to look at her, and then she kissed me. I wanted to push her away, but I can’t deny her kisses. I slowly melt into her kiss and kissed her back. I really wish that things were back to normal, but they’re not. When I came back to reality I pulled back and looked away from unnie again.

“Hayoung-ah, I’m sorry. I’m the biggest pabo in the world. I should have never doubted you. It just hurt so much seeing someone else kiss you. I never thought I would have to see that, ever.” She never thought she would never have to see that? Does that mean she thought that we were going to be together forever? Maybe she did have faith in our relationship.

“I can’t live without you Hayoungie” Namjoo unnie said now crying, “I never believed that I could happy being with someone, but you showed me that I can. These past 3 years have honestly been the best years of my life. You’ve changed my life. You became my whole world.” Unnie pulled out a small box, when she opened it I saw a ring. Is she proposing to me?! Is she crazy? We’re only sophomores in college, we’re too young. A part of me was getting excited though. ‘stop it!’ I scolded myself, ‘you’re supposed to be mad’

“this isn’t an engagement ring, but it’s a promise ring. I know we’re too young to be thinking about marriage now, but with this promise ring I want to show you that I have faith in us. I want to show you that I believe that we can be together forever. Oh Hayoung, will you please accept the ring and please be my wonderful girlfriend again?” unnie asked looking straight into my eyes. I didn’t know what do. As much as I wanted to accept it, I was still mad at her for not believing me and hitting me.

“but unnie…you thought I was cheating on you. You even slapped me. What if you hurt me like that again in the future?” I said touching my cheek as I remembered the slap. Joojoo unnie came close and kissed me on the cheek, and then she took my hand. “Hayoung-ah, I’m so sorry for slapping you. I was just so mad. You can hit me as much as you want. I promise you to never hit you ever again. That was stupid of me. I’m stupid for hitting my baby” I smiled unconsciously when she said ‘my baby’.

“look at that beautiful smile. If I only had one wish, I would wish that I could wake up to seeing your smile everyday. Then I definitely wouldn’t mind waking up”

“unnie, being cheesy isn’t gonna help you” I said, smiling again.

“alright alright. So, will you accept my ring and be mine again?” she said tightening her grip on my hand. I thought about it for a bit and everyone deserves a second chance. Also, it’s Namjoo unnie. I can never be mad at her, I love her to death. Instead of answering her I pulled her in and kissed her. I can feel her smiling as we were kissing. I wrapped my arm around her waist pulling her closer to me. It felt like we were the only one in the world. Suddenly the mood got ruined when there were a lot of fake coughs.

“yah. Seriously you two. How can you both keep doing that in front of your unnies!” Chorong unnie said lecturing us

“aww Chorong unnie, let them. We should kiss like that too” Bomi unnie said puckering her lips only to get a flick by Chorong unnie

“ow” Bomi unnie pouted

“arrasso” Chorong unnie said and gave Bomi unnie a quick kiss. At the same time Eunji unnie pointed to her lips to Naeun unnie, but instead Naeun unnie kissed Eunji unnie on the cheeks. I smiled at the sight of the unnies acting like kids. I felt Joojoo unnie’s hand slide into mine interlocking our fingers.

“I love you Hayoungie” unnie whispered into my ears

“I love you too Joojoo unnie” I said kissing her on the cheeks.

 

 

sorry if this was a bad plot! i made it up while being in history class and didn't wanna pay attention haha. thank you for reading thie fanfiction, i really appreciate it! c: it's my first complete story so i'm grateful that there are people that are reading it. thank you again!