Chapter 2

Nothing Can Change the Past

Naeun pov

It was after school now and I became more nervous than I was at the beginning of the day. Today is the day that I will confess to Eunji unnie. I met Eunji unnie 5 years ago and I’ve been in love with her since. I never believed in love at first sight, but when I first saw her it was like seeing an angel. My heart pounded uncontrollably whenever I’m near her. I’ve been afraid to confess to her because I’m afraid that she only see me as a sister, but after Hayoung and Namjoo persuasion I’ve gotten the courage to confess. Seeing how happy Hayoung and Namjoo are, I really want that with Eunji unnie.

“Naeunnie!” I felt a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. My face felt hot and my heart is pounding uncontrollably again.

“U-unnie, you scared me,” I said turning to face her, which was a big mistake. I expected her to let go when I turned around, but she stayed in her place, which made our face inches apart. I can feel my face getting hotter and hotter.

“Namjoo said you had something to tell me, what is it? I also have something to tell you!” Unnie said letting go of my waist. I missed her arms right away. How I wish we could have stayed like that for a couple more minutes.

“oh uhh I do have something to tell you, but let’s go somewhere private”

We decided to go the park where we first met. While we were walking Eunji unnie fingers found their ways to my fingers and she interlocked them. Although to unnie this was just something that friends do, to me every time she does it I just want to keep holding onto it and never let go. We walked to the swings and Eunji unnie looked at me waiting for me to talk.

“so unnie, we’ve known each other for 5 years, right?” I started off, Eunji unnie nodded her head giving me her eye smile “best 5 years of my life”.

Ahh unnie, why did you have to say that? After her words I became even more nervous.

“wait Naeunnie, do you mind if I go first? If I don’t tell you now I’ll probably be distracted while you’re telling me your thing” Eunji unnie said

“alright unnie, you go first then” I was glad because this gave me more time to think of what to say

“so you know In-guk oppa, right?” just by mentioning his name I already don’t like where this is going…

“well today have gave me a card, and on that card it said ‘Eunji-ya, I really like you. Like really really like you. Will you be mine?’” as the sentence was finished I felt my whole world crushing down.

“di-did you say yes?” I asked trying not to stutter, afraid of what her answer might be

“not yet. That’s the problem. I always saw him as a brother, but now the card is making me see him in a new light. The other problem is I have someone else in my heart. What should I do Naeun-ah?”

I started looking away because I was scared that I might break-down right on the spot. Although I didn’t confess yet I can already feel the rejection. ‘No’ a voice said in my head. She didn’t say yes yet, I still have a chance. But she already have someone in her heart…’just give it a try’ the voice said, the voice strangely sound like Hayoung’s. I’ve been hanging out with her way too much. I took a deep breath and said

“unnie, you should listen to whatever your heart say. Before you answer him, please hear me out first” I said looking straight into her eyes, “unnie ever since I met you my life has changed so much. I’m no longer the quiet insecure girl I was 5 years ago. You gave me confidence and strength. You make my world a lot brighter. I really can’t imagine what my life would be like without you and I never want to. Unnie what I’m trying to say is I’ve been in love with you since the day we met. I know you only see me as your little sister, but I want you to see me more than that. I want to be with you Eunji unnie, but since you already have someone in your heart I guess we won’t be together. I hope you will be happy with them. Because you have someone in your heart I hope you won’t lead In-guk oppa on, you should tell him that you have someone in your heart”

I got off the swing and started to run off, I really didn’t want to hear what Eunji unnie have to say. I know a “I’m sorry I don’t have feelings for you, but lets stay friends” was coming. I didn’t want to hear that. I feel so stupid for revealing all my feelings knowing that I will be rejected. I ran to my hiding spot and took out my phone to call someone.

“Naeun-unnie? How did it go?”

“YAH! Why did you tell me to confess?! Eunji unnie already likes someone else. I was gonna back out last minute, but your stupid voice was in my head” I shouted at Hayoung.

“Eunji unnie like someone else? Who?! Aww Naeun unnie, how sweet that my voice is still giving you guidance. Are you okay though?”

“how do you think I am? My heart is shattered. And I don’t know, after I confessed I ran off”

“Pabo unnie! What if that someone was you? What if Eunji unnie have feelings for you. Aiish unnie, I thought you were smart!” Hayoung said and I can feel her face-palming herself due to my stupidity. What she said got me thinking, what if Eunji unnie has feelings for me? I doubt it…why would she like me when she can get someone so much better. Suddenly I got a text and it was from Eunji unnie.

“yah yah Hayoung, I just got a text from Eunji unnie”

“really?! What does it say?”

“where are you” I said

“I’m at home” Hayoung said confused

“aish pabo, the text says ‘where are you’”

“oh well you should have said ‘the text say’ aiiya. You should call her or go back to her so you can hear what she has to say.

“alright, I’ll call you later then” I hung up and stayed where I was standing. I don’t know if I should go back to Eunji unnie or not. What if I’m not the one that is in her heart? What if things become weird between us? Why am I so stupid? Why didn’t I think about this before I confess? Suddenly I felt a pair of arms around my waist.

“don’t ever run away from me again”