More secrets

"What's the difference of Love and Like?"

"Promise me..." Jonghyun had pleaded. "That you won't tell Minhyuk and Jungshin." His eyes welled with tears as he spoke.

 

"I promise." I tapped his back. "But, Yong oppa, does he know that you found out?"

 

He blinked the tears that it flowed on the side of his cheeks and shook his head. "No. I don't think I will tell him just yet." He had pressed the heels of his hand to his eyes. "I don't know what to do next."

 

"It will be okay soon." I said, it is the only excuse I could think of right now. 

 

"I thought I've been a good dongsaeng to him." He continued, "And him being secretive to us made me wonder, 'Do we even matter?' Or, 'Does he not trust us or are we that of a burden to him that he couldn't tell us?'" He let out a bitter laugh. "Or can he just handle it by himself without our help? Or our presence at least?"

 

Those words of Jonghyun, those words that have been screaming in his heart the whole time have troubled me more than I noticed. 

 

Taeyeon unnie passes the mic to me. I look at her questioningly. 

 

"How would you react to that, Seohyun-ssi?" One of the press asks.

 

"Pardon?"

 

Tiffany unnie and Taeyeon unnie exchanged glances, worried. Fany unnie held her mic and started talking. "Our Seohyun-ie's fashion sense have been improving since Girls Generation and TTS's debut." She says, laughing a little. She looks at me with thoughtful eyes.

 

"Yes." I say. "Despite the fact that I'm the maknae, I also want to look matured like the other members."

 

Just a few more smiles and poses, Seo Juhyun. I tell myself. And then an hour break. 

 

"Thank you TaeTiSeo for the press conference, we will be looking forward to your reality show." The spokesperson says.

 

At last, it has come to an end.

 

--

 

"Juhyun-ah." Taeyeon unnie gets my attention as we were in the car. "What happened out there?" She asks. "I've never seen you so distracted before." She turns to look at me from the driver's seat, putting her hand on top of mine. "Are you okay?"

 

I nod. Taeyeon unnie is almost a mother to me. Her love is just unconditional. "I'm fine, unnie."

 

"You weren't home until 10 this morning. Where have you been?" She asks genuinely. I suppose they still have no idea. Hyoyeon unnie must have thought that meeting with Yong oppa is a secret.

 

I twirl a lock of hair with my fingers as I try to avoid unnie's eyes. "I, uh, umm... I was with Jung Yonghwa oppa." 

 

I expected her to be shocked, to be worried, to say it's okay, but, I guess reality is a lot more different from my expectation. Instead, a wide grin spreads in her face. "Ahhh!" She shouts. "So that's what the distractions are all about." She teases.

 

"Well it's not actually him, but it's kinda about him." I try to explain.

 

She rests her chin on her hand. "If you guys want to date or be... You know, you have my blessing." She laughs. "Just remember your schedule."

 

I smile. "We're not dating. Just... Just..."

 

"Just what?" She asks impatiently. Always a YongSeo shipper. 

 

"I don't know." I say finally as I let out a long sigh. I didn't know I've been holding my breath too long.

 

Fany unnie enters the car and sits shotgun, still clueless of what's happening. She faces me. "Juhyun-ah!" She half shouts. "Are you sick?" 

 

Taenggoo unnie laughs loudly and slaps Fany unnie multiple times. "Juhyun and Yonghwa are dating!" Taenggoo unnie shouts.

 

A wide grin flashes on Fany unnie's face. "Ah!" She screams and slaps Taenggoo unnie as well. "You're making me cry!"

 

I laugh at them. 

 

"We're not dating." I say. 

 

Fany unnie waves me off. "Shush Juhyun-ah. I've been praying for you since WGM days! And finally... Thank God!" 

 

--

 

After my unnies have come to their senses, they finally dropped me at Gangnam. 

 

As soon as I get off the car, I spot her waving at me, her hair getting tossed by the wind. I walk closer and so does she, her arms opened wide, welcoming me with a hug.

 

"Am I bothering you?" Shinhye unnie asks the moment she had let go of me.

 

I shake my head. "I have an hour to spare." 

 

She smiles. "Sorry for stealing your free time Seohyun-ah."

 

"How on earth could I resist Park Shinhye, the darling of Korea?" I say, making her chuckle. "And of course, it's for Yonghwa oppa, why wouldn't I?"

 

She taps my shoulder - a natural thing big sisters do to their younger siblings. "Thanks Hyun-ie."

 

I nod. "So, what are we to talk about?"

 

--

 

"CNBLUE won't have their comeback this year." Shinhye unnie says, lifting her cup as she sips some of her untouched tea. It must be cold by now.

 

"Hmm. That's what I also heard." I agree.

 

"But Yonghwa will."

 

I almost dropped my cup. "What?" I say, surprised. "But, after his solo debut, he cannot say no to overseas concerts. He will have a nonstop world tour." 

 

Unnie bites her lip, as if she is about to say something that I shouldn't know. "I know. Well, uh, actually," a pause, "He didn't want to let you know, or me, but, I kinda saw his songs."

 

"And?" I ask impatiently.

 

She smiles gently. "His songs," another pause, "Are all about you."

 

As if I was underwater, I couldn't breathe. I feel my heart skip a beat, the world suddenly slurred, and all I could think of is oppa. Seeing him late at night, a pen in his hand as he scribbles, expressing his heart by putting his emotions into words, into the lyrics and becoming a masterpiece - his music.

 

"Seohyun-ah," Shinhye unnie taps my hand, bringing me back to reality. "I know it feels good but that's not all that there is." There was a hint of urgency in her voice.

 

Like a vacuum, the heartwarming thoughts were all sweeped away. "Go on." I say.

 

"I want him to have his solo debut, but, it might just worsen him." She looks at me with thoughtful and honest eyes.

 

"Why?" 

 

"Because singing is what made him sick."