I'll come back, always.

"What's the difference of Love and Like?"

"I called Shindong Oppa asking where you were." Hyoyeon unnie greets with her arms crossed. "He said he dismissed you early." She plops herself in the bed. "I was so worried, I thought you fell in the manhole!" 

 

"Am I the only one who's oblivious to that manhole?" I wonder aloud. 

 

She shakes her head, blonde hair spread on the pillow. "I did not know it until Yonghwa texted me. He said he once saw us walk through that area." Having said his name, her eyes glinted with delight and looks at me. "Maybe he checked it out." 

 

I smile at her. 

 

He could've checked it out.

 

"Sorry unnie, I should've texted you."

 

She waved me off. "I'm good, what matters is you're here now." 

 

I breathe out with relief. "Have you seen Yong Oppa lately?" I ask.

 

She rolls her eyes. "You asking me at this time with that tone of your voice reminds me of your WGM days." She sighs. "So you two met?

 

I nod my head ever so slowly, and without waiting for my response, "They say he is under medication. But no, I have not seen him yet." Unnie's voice slurs, signaling her way to sleep.

 

"Good night unnie." I whisper as she drift to the world where she could be who she want to be. 

 

--

 

I set my phone on the bedside table when I hear it ring, and Park Shinhye unnie's name flashes on the screen. It's 2 am and it feels bizzare of her calling at this hour. Not wasting any time, I answer;

 

"Seohyun-ie!" She greets energetically, with a hint of relief in her voice. She and I became closer since the time we met at an awards night, of course with Yong Oppa's help in introducing me to her. She had been calling more often, that she said I am like a dongsaeng to her. It was nice. 

 

"Unnie!" I reply, lowering my voice.

 

"Is Hyoyeon asleep already? Say hi when she wakes up." She teases. Her atmosphere is so light that it brightens up all moods.

 

I chuckle. "Got it. But, is there something wrong unnie? It's past bedtime. Why did you call?"

 

"Have you seen Yonghwa?" She asks, as always she is straightforward, one of the many qualities that I envy of her. "His brothers just called me asking if he told me where he was going." 

 

I bite my lip. "Yes, he's here in Seoul. We, uh, talked."

 

"Oh." Her tone had dropped. "That kid, he never learn."

 

"What do you mean?" I ask.

 

"They all went to Busan for Yonghwa's medication." 

 

"How sick is he?"

 

"He didn't tell you did he?" Shinhye unnie knows Oppa better than himself, and for that I'm thankful for her. "Hyun-ah, do me a favor and call him. Meet him. Get him to his dorm. He's not in his best state."

 

"Won't you tell me something so I could help?" 

 

I hear her sigh and somehow see her smiling on the other line as she say, "Dongsaeng-ie, I've told you before, your presence is enough for him." A pause. "I'll put him in your hands. Good night Juhyun." And she hang up.

 

I switch to my jeans and shirt hurriedly, wrote a note to Hyoyeon unnie and dialed oppa's number right away. 

 

He answered on the second ring. 

 

"Oh?" He says, his voice sluggish.

 

"Oppa, where are you?" 

 

"MBC building. Why?" I can hear him shift in his seat when he recognized the urgency in my voice. "Juhyun-ah, are, are you in a hurry?" 

 

"Oppa, wait for me there? Understand?"

 

--

 

Panting really hard, I turned to the alley and was blinded by the headlights of his car, illuminating the unseen. I hop over the open manhole.

 

He opens the door so I can enter easily. Inside the car is as warm as I left him. 

 

"You came back." 

 

"Why wouldn't I?" I say. 

 

"I was afraid you won't." He looks at me in the eye. 

 

"I can't see a reason why I wouldn't, and there are a thousand reasons why I should."