Words left unsaid, said.

"What's the difference of Love and Like?"

"Why? Why Seohyun? Why do you always want to complicate your life?" Yonghwa had never felt so angry and guilty at the same time. He was angry with rage, not at Seohyun but at his own self.

 
"Our lives were made complicated ever since we debuted as artists." Seohyun said calmly, which angered Yonghwa more. He would appreciate if Seohyun was hard on him. He would prefer her yelling and getting mad at him even though Seohyun was never really mad at anyone, well except if you do mildang to her. "Nothing will change." 
 
"Girls Generation became a hot topic of lip-sync after you collapsed, the number of your very few haters increased, you look thinner than ever, you aren't having more than hours of sleep, you're receiving never ending phone calls from your company for a clarification interview of the 'Yongseo is Real' scandal. And you're blaming yourself of all these problems affecting SNSD and me." Yonghwa said breathlessly. "Now you tell me nothing's changed." 
 
Yonghwa stood by the door, walking back and forth. His fists were curled and ready to punch. "You didn't have to do that!" He half shouted.
 
"I had to!" Seohyun had raised her voice. For a moment, Yonghwa was stunned in seeing Seohyun like that, but he knew she had every reason to be just as is, since Yonghwa was yelling at her. 
 
"I didn't ask you to!" Yonghwa snapped. Seohyun flinched, totally taken aback by how Yonghwa reacted to her help. 
 
"I don't need your permission." Seohyun said, her voice low and guarded. "Can you imagine what might have happened if I hadn't donated blood for you before the concert?" She explained. "Maybe by now you're still lying on the hospital bed, waiting for more blood donations."
 
She stood up and approached Yonghwa. "Oppa, last week was the time your health was vey critical. You knew that." Seohyun held Yonghwa's face so she can see him directly. She held the gaze. 
 
"Look where it got you." Yonghwa said after a moment's pause. He was as stiff as a statue. He thought that if he moved, Seohyun would let go of him. This was the only time she had held and looked at him like that, so determined yet gentle. "You got hospitalized and had numerous problems after that."
 
"But you're okay. That's what matters." She said. "I don't regret any of it." Seohyun smiled for the first time since they got to his dorm. It was a relief to all Yonghwa's worries. "Don't be angry with me."
 
"I'm not angry at you." Yonghwa admitted. He took Seohyun's hands from his face and brought them down. He held them in his, since they were the comfort he had been longing. "I'm angry at myself for not seeing how exhausted you were in helping me." 
 
"But why didn't you tell me?" Yonghwa asked. 
 
"I plan to. That's why I wanted to meet you tonight, but I didn't had the chance since you knew about it already." She explained. 
 
"Promise me," Yonghwa started. He knew very much that Seohyun do not break promises, and this was the only way he could think of to refrain her from getting in trouble because of him. "That you will never donate your blood for me again. Ever."
 
"Ya, are you crazy? What if it's an emergency? What if you--"
 
"Let what's supposed to happen, happen." Yonghwa said reassuringly as if he knew what he was talking about. Seohyun getting sick was the least thing he wanted. 
 
"Jung Yonghwa you're the craziest and the most childish person I know." Seohyun told him. 
 
"But you like me anyway." He teased. She blushed. Seohyun tried to pull her hand and play with her hair the way she does whenever she's nervous, but Yonghwa didn't let go.
 
"Oppa!" Seohyun yelled at him, her face turning bright red. She was so close to Yonghwa he could draw every inch of her face by memory. 
 
"Seohyun-ah, how did you come this close to me?" He smirked. "You know, I'm really losing my mind when you're like this." 
 
"Ya," Seohyun's voice became soft. 
 
"Promise me, Seohyun." Yonghwa begged, his expression becoming more serious. "Please." He whispered.
 
Slowly, Yonghwa leaned closer until they were eye leveled. Seohyun wasn't moving, and her hands were becoming sweaty in Yonghwa's. 
 
Yonghwa knew he wasn't supposed to do what he was thinking, but he did it anyway. He placed his hand on the either sides of Seohyun's face and pressed his lips on hers gently. As if on cue, she shut her eyes. 
 
Yonghwa kept his eyes open, and stared down at her, capturing her every move at the moment. 
 
Her eyelashes fluttered. Her cheeks were turning darker pink. Her lips tasted sweet. 
 
Finally, Seohyun broke away. 
 
For some time, they stood in silence, as the beating of their hearts become slower and softer. Yonghwa was scared to say anything that would blow up everything. They were both waiting for the other to speak. To say the last words that were left unsaid for days. 
 
"Oppa, you know I can't lie to you. And you know better that I can't just let you suffer." she said, looking at Yonghwa with determined eyes. "I will never agree to that promise. Even if the consequence is to wipe my memory of you." 
 
-----
That's it for now lovelies! Yes, I know, I haven't been active lately, blame school for those months of not updating! 
So for now, let's just read and subscribe and rate and comment for encouragement! I need it! Help me boost this story? 
~Enroe