Wow

Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How does it feel like to be working in your father's company instead of the police?" Sunny asked as she volunteered to send Soojin to her official first day working at Choi Corp. After quitting from the police, Soojin has decided to work in her father's company as Chief Security Director in their Internal Security Affairs department. Soojin already knows what the position entails and requires but she personally took some days to associate with her future co-workers and employees. At the same time, she also reviewed current problems and new strategies. 

"Weird but it'll pass. I'll miss my old job. That's for sure." Soojin answered with a nostalgic sigh as she walked with Sunny into the company. Gosh...she misses it already but this is what she ultimately wanted to do.

"I didn't really think you'll accept your father's offer. Since you had a choice, I thought you'll continue to work in the police."

"Yeah. But I want to do something for my parents. They've always been supportive although they disagreed with me being a police officer in the first place."

Sunny nod her head in acknowledgement. "Most of us all started out in the police. You, me, Jessica, and Yuri." She laughed as she recalled those days they spent together in the academy and all the times they worked together. "We had a lot of fun even though it could be dangerous."

"Yep. I wouldn't trade those times for anything." Both of them came to a stop by the reception desk. Soojin turned to Sunny and waved. "This is where you and I go seperate ways." She dramatically stated with a sad face.

"Ew...I'm going to puke." Sunny pretended to gag as she walked away in the opposite direction. "I'll see you later. Don't forget we're having dinner later at my place."

"Arasso!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Excuse me. But do you have any idea who I am?" a sharp, icy voice was heard as soon as Soojin entered her department. One of her senior supervisor was dealing with a seemingly upset woman. The supervisor bowed once before addressing the woman's question. 

"Pardon me but I am telling you the truth. Our new director has not arrived."

"New director?" the agitated unknown woman scoffed and upon a closer look, Soojin recognized the woman. Soojin has seen her a couple of times in a few company functions she attended with Sooyoung. "Lying to me now huh? I want to see Director Han now!" 

Rude...Soojin could not tolerate such horrible attitude. And to her elder...that's just unacceptable no matter how angry she may be. Anger does not resolve anything.

"Supervisor Ham. What seems to be the matter?" Soojin finally stepped in with a stoic and professional manner as she interfered, much to the woman's surprise and the supervisor's relief.

"Director Choi. This is-"

"Bae Seulgi." Soojin cut off the supervisor and stepped up closer to Seulgi, causing the latter to raise a curious eyebrow at this fearless woman before her. "For what do I owe this fortunate meeting?"

"Choi Soojin." Seulgi called out that name delicately in a very unprofessional manner. It was more like a soft, seductive tone as she spoke. "It's been awhile. How have you been?"

"I'll take care of this. Continue with your work." Soojin instructed her employee, who looked at Seulgi and then back at his boss. He wasn't sure if Soojin could handle Seulgi but a quick nod from Soojin and he obeyed. It will be interesting to know how this goes.

"Let's talk in the privacy of my office Ms. Bae. Please follow me."

Seulgi observed Soojin's office as she set foot in the room. It was an impressive room. Seulgi then finally noticed engraved name stone on Soojin's desk.

"Chief Director Choi Soojin?" Seulgi repeated with a smirk before eyeing Soojin slyly. "So it's true? You're the new director?"

"Director Han passed away 4 months ago. I am his replacement although I am no match for his skills and the success he has brought to my company."

"Why are you telling me this?" She sashayed her way toward Soojin.

"You accused Supervisor Ham earlier of being a liar. Did you not?"

"So you're telling me this to prove his innocence?"

"He was never guilty to begin with." Soojin bluntly replied, igniting a spark of interest in Soojin. "Tell me what is the problem."

"Nothing. I just wanted to be alone with you like this." She leaned against Soojin's desk seductively and stared at her as if she was a piece of meat. "I heard the rumors but just wanted to personally check it."

Soojin leaned back against her chair, rather angry with Seulgi's trickery. Seulgi has no respect and consideration for others. She only thinks about herself and will do anything to get what she wants. Seulgi has a nasty personality.

"In the future, do not pull such  stunt again Ms. Bae. I do not like liars and this is very unprofessional of you."

Seulgi paid no attention to Soojin's warning and only reached forward and traced Soojin's jaw with her finger in a slow, sensual manner. "You are not happy with me." She whispered huskily, but Soojin stayed still, not affected by Seulgi's seduction. "What must I do for forgiveness?"

Soojin tilted her head a bit so that she was now staring into Seulgi's eyes. Soojin leaned forward, leaving only a few inches between their lips. 

"Leave." Soojin whispered in the same manner as Seulgi, but with seriousness. 

Seulgi was flabbergasted and absolutely apalled by Seulgi's rejection. "You are one stupid woman. I am Bae Seulgi. Anyone would get on their knees to be with me." She egotistically spat and angrily marched toward the door, only to be stopped when Soojin called her name again. Seulgi smiled to herself, thinking that Soojin had changed her mind.

"Wae?" Seulgi asked, her back still to Soojin. 

"Close the door on your way out. Oh! And have a terrific day." Seulgi abruptly turned around and gave Soojin a scornful glare as the latter simply started to work as if Seulgi didn't even exist. Saving herself from further humiliation, she stormed out of the office and purposely slammed the door behind her. 

"At least the door's closed." Soojin muttered to herself, happy to be free from Seulgi's presence.

-----------------------------

"Soojin. I heard that Bae Seulgi visited. Why?" 

"Nothing. Don't worry dad." Soojin answered with a smile and handed her father his food. "Eat before it gets cold."

Mr. Choi found it odd for anyone to visit for no reason but seeing that Soojin didn't want to talk about it anymore, he let the subject drop. "Before I forget, cancel any plans you have for this upcoming weekend." He calmly stated as he cut his steak into small, edible pieces.

"Wae?"

"Did you investigate the allegations charged against our company for plagiarism? The one in regards to writer Kim?" He changed the subject, catching Soojin off guard. 

"Ah. I did. He has been working with us for a long time and there has no problem. I find it strange that we suddenly get this charge of plagiarism from Wolf Publishers."

"Exactly. That is why I need you to find out the reason behind this. I believe it's nothing more but a scheme to get money from us. I trust Writer Kim."

"Don't worry father. I will resolve this issue."

"Good." He hummed in satisfaction before turning his attention back to his steak. "Now that you no longer work for the police, it will be good for you to spend more time with your mother as well. She misses you. Me too."

"I see her almost every day at home dad." Soojin joked with a giggle at her parent's exaggeration. "Besides, you guys have Sooyoung too."

"That brat is a different story. I see her her everyday at the company and at home." Her dad sadly mumbled before sighing. "Now that you are working a regular job with regular hours, I request the same from you. Understood?"

"Yes sir!!" Soojin mocked salute. "If Sooyoung was here, she would say you love me more."

"And Sooyoung loves food more. We're even." 

"Gosh dad...you and Sooyoung." Soojin couldn't believe just how childish her dad can be sometimes. He's often seen as a serious and intimidating man by his employees and business partners but when it comes to his family, he can be like a kid.  

----------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica inhaled the fresh air of nature as she took a seat under the shade provided by the tree. It was time for her lunch and what better way then to spend it at the park? She can relax, take a break from the world and read. 

Jessica leaned against the coarse bark of the tree and opened up her book to the last page she stopped. She was reading Antoine de Saint-Exupery's The Little Prince. She has always wanted to read this specific book but being a woman of strict habits when it comes to reading and her books, she had to wait until she finished reading her current book. She doesn't like to leave a book unfinished and start on a new one. 

Tiffany had wanted to have lunch with Jessica but it took all her willpower to refuse Tiffany's offer. It's been awhile since she had time to herself so she took advantage of today's lunch. Jessica doesn't mind being alone at all since it will give her a peace of mind and she won't have to talk to people that annoy her. Not that Tiffany was any of those. 

However, the peace that Jessica desire didn't last long as her thoughts drifted to two days ago when she had told Tiffany about her twin brother. Her twin brother...even in the past when she was dating her exes...she never told any of them about her brother. That day will forever be a nightmare that she will never forget. 11 years has past and still, she can never forget that day. Neither could she forget her brother.

Tiffany just held Jessica that night. Until the moment that Jessica left, Tiffany never asked any question about her twin brother. Tiffany treated Jessica normally as if she never said anything. Jessica was grateful for that because the last thing she needs is another person who feels sorry and pity for her. Jessica doesn't want that at all, especially from Tiffany. 

Jessica's thoughts dissipated at the sounds of children laughing and playing in the playground nearby. Jessica found herself smiling as she saw a brother and sister bickering with each other until their mother stepped into stop them. She observed as both siblings hung their heads down and then slowly turned toward each other and apologized. It reminded her of a similar time between herself and her brother...

"I get to swing first."

"No you don't." 

"I'm older than you Jessica! I swing first!!" a 6 year old boy countered with a stern tone, as he stared at his twin-sister intently.

"So what?! I'm taller!" Jessica countered, standing up straight as well. Anyone could see that they were about the same height, except Jessica's hair was tied in a pony tail so it looked like she was taller by a few centimeters.

"How are you taller?!"

"Because I'm pretty."

"Huh? Well, I'm smarter."

"You're dumb. Boys are dumb and girls are smart."

"Says the crybaby!"

"You're the crybaby!"

"No!! Take that back!!"

"Make me!!"

"Whoa. Why are you two fighting?" 

"Umma!!!" the twins spoke at once, trying to fight for their mother's attention as well. It got to the point where they began to push each other just so one could talk first.

"Hey! Stop that! Krystal is sleeping." She shushed and pointed at the stroller parked next to her. Inside was a two year old sleeping baby Krystal. "Now, calmly tell me why the two are you were arguing. Let's start with Jake."

Jake wasted no time to tell his side of the story. And as soon as he was done, Jessica told hers. In the end, Mrs. Jung simply chuckled and crouched down to their level to talk.

"Jake. Jessica." She called out her children's name lovingly and softly. "You two shouldn't argue and fight. Okay?"

"Is it because Jake is older than me?"

"What? Well, yes. He is older than you by 1 minute."

Jake had a victorious smile when he heard this. 

"But, that doesn't mean he's always right. Jake, you should know better than to fight your sister. As the eldest, you must be responsible and patient. The same goes for you Jessica. Both of you need to be there for each other. Arasso?"

"Arasso." The twins said together with a smile. 

"Now, say sorry to each other."

"Sorry Jake."

"Sorry Jessica."

"Now go back and play. We'll leave in a bit." The twins smiled at each other once more before running back to the playground to play. As if nothing ever happened.

 

Jessica's nostalgic past came to a stop when her phone rang. She looked at the time and realized that her lunch was already over. Worse, she had lost track of time. It's 20 minutes past her scheduled lunch time.

"Hello?"

"Boss? Are you on your way back already? We have a customer here who wants to talk to you about catering."

"Yeah. I'll be there in 10 minutes Soyu."

"Okay. See you later."

Jessica hung up and closed her book. She then packed her bag and slung it over her shoulder. But before leaving, she took one last glance at the playground with the carefree, happy children. She was once one of them...but life goes on. But sometimes, not the way that you would want. Her brother Jake was a perfect example of her observation and belief.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Geez Jessica. It only took you 100 years to finally get here." Sooyoung joked when she opened the door for Jessica. "Make yourself at home pet." She stepped aside so that Jessica can enter.

"Haha. Is everyone here gumiho?" Jessica asked, taking off her shoes and wearing the slippers. "It's too quiet so I assume no?"

Sooyoung rolled her eyes at Jessica's nickname for her and dismissed it. She will have plenty more times to bicker with Jessica. "Lucky you, the food is almost done. I just have to make the kimchi soup and were set to go. And our gang is here, except for your lovers." Sooyoung answered, walking toward the garage where Jessica could hear music booming from the other side.

"I didn't know it was a party."

"It's not." Sooyoung then opened the door and Jessica's eyes widened when she saw the scene before her. It was definitely not a party. But rather, a dance-a-thon. "Jessica is here!!!"

Yuri stopped the music so Soojin and Sunny stopped dancing as well. They were sweating a little from the exercise. "Hey Jessica. You're late." Sunny remarked, looking at her cell clock. "We already finished most of the cooking."

"Compared to that one time when she ditched us to watch National Geographic for shark week, I'll say she's being considerate." Soojin remarked, sitting down on the matted floor with her legs spread so she stretch. "How was your day?"

"No complaints." Jessica sat next to Soojin and nudged Sunny with her elbow. "Yo. What time did you tell the others?" It was already 6:30pm.

"I said dinner will be at 7pm."

"And we were all suppose to meet at 5:30pm to shop and cook. No thanks to you Jessica." Yuri leaned against the freezer and crossed her arms, but she wasn't mad at all. She was just fooling around with Jessica. They all know their limits in jokes.

"I'm hurt. I told you guys I can't come early. I had a lot of catering requests today to handle. But at least I was thoughtful and let you guys use my credit card to pay."

"That's true." Sooyoung answered from the door with a thoughtful expression. "Fine. It's fair. I'm going to go make the soup now. All of you behave. And I mean you Soojin-unnie!" Sooyoung narrowed her eyes at her older sister before leaving with that warning. 

"Pfft. She's not the boss of me. I'm older than her." Soojin scoffed and the music again. "Let's dance!"

Yuri and Sunny immediately bounced onto their feet while Jessica remained sitting on the matted floor with a poker-face. "Count me out."

"Don't be a pooper Jessica." 

"I'm human Sunny. It's natural for me to poop."

"Shut up. You know that's not what I mean so stop trying to be a smartmouth. If you're tired, dance to destress."

Soojin smiled and scrolled through her ipod for a song. Her eyes lit up when she found the perfect song. "Got it!"

"Come on Jessica! It's been awhile." Yuri encouraged, pulling Jessica up from the floor. "It's not everyday we dance and forget the world!"

Jessica shook her head but didn't resist anymore. "Fine. Play it Soojin."

"Okay. First song is...." She did drumroll with her hands against the freezer. "Ringa Linga!!!" And it must be known that Yuri, Jessica, Sunny, Sooyoung and Soojin were hardcore fans of Big Bang. :D

------------------------------------------------------------- 

"Where are they?" Yoona asked, hanging up her jacket on the coat rack by the door. "Yuri texted me that she was already here."

"They're in the garage." Sooyoung answered, returning to the kitchen, the girls following her. Since it was Michelle's first time visiting Sunny's home, she stayed in the living room to look around.

"What are they doing there and not helping you?" Hyomin asked, peeking over Sooyoung's shoulder to smell the kimchi soup. "Smells good. I love your kimchi soup." Hyomin complimented as she used a spoon to get a taste of the soup. 

"Anything we can help you with?" Tiffany asked, leaning against the counter as she stared at the delicious soup cooking on the stove. "Geez. Just looking at that makes me want to eat quickly."

Sooyoung chuckled and turned off the stove fire. "I'm done with this. I'm going to start setting up the table. Why don't one of you tell my idiot sister and friends to come eat?"

"I'll help you set up the table." Hyomin offered with a smile. 

"Me too." 

"Alright. Tiffany. Can you and Michelle go tell the others?"

"Tell who what?" Michel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter