Done for Me

Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany tried to not show any signs of distress or anxiety as she remained seated and fiddled around with her fingers on her lap.  However, she found it hard not to when the beautiful brunette haired and calm statured woman was sitting right across with her with a smile. Nothing has been said for the last 10 minutes ever since they greeted each other. And Mrs. Jung only said one sentence when she met Tiffany: "Hello. I am Chief Jung. We have met before. Please sit down and tell the waiter what you desire from the menu." 

 Nothing strange though...right? Right. Except, this wasn't just any one. It was Mrs. Jung. The chief of police in Seoul and Jessica's MOTHER!!!!

'Why is she just smiling at me?' Tiffany wondered. The waiter stopped by their table to deliver their drinks, bowed, and left. Mrs. Jung twirled her promegranate-passion tea with her straw and took a sip. And then, she smiled at Tiffany again.

By reflex, Tiffany returned the smile. Too much smiling and not enough words. 'Perhaps, I won't live to see the next sunrise?' 

Awkwardly, Tiffany took a hold of her pink lemonade drink and stir its contents before drinking. At the corner of her eyes, she saw Mrs. Jung reach into her bag and this freaked Tiffany out!

"WAIT!!!! Let me explain before-huh?" Tiffany abruptly stood up with her arms outstretched and had a facial expression of pure terror. Mrs. Jung raised an eyebrow in confusion and took her cellphone out from her purse. She then set it on the table.

'Thank God!! I thought she was going to pull out a gun and shoot me!' 

"Ms. Hwang. Is everything alright?"

Tiffany's thoughts disappeared into smoke when she heard Mrs. Jung's question and she quickly denied it. "No Mrs. Jung. I am alright." she said with a smile. Mrs. Jung nodded her head and then set down her drink. Tiffany prepared herself for Mrs. Jung's next words. 

"I have wanted to meet you for a while now but my stupid daughter would not allow me."

"Why?"

Mrs. Jung shrugged and scoffed. "Apparently she says that I am too scary." She then looked at Tiffany with a piercing, challenging gaze. "Do you agree with that?"

"Huh? Um, no. No, no, no!!" Tiffany nervously lied and played with her fingers. Mrs. Jung was very scary and she has heard terrifiying stories from Jessica and well, everyone she knew that knows Mrs.Jung. 

"Mrs. Jung. Was there something you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Why are you rushing me?"

"I-I was not. I just-I was only trying to-"

Mrs. Jung held up her hand to stop Tiffany from talking. "It is okay. I came here with a purpose."  

Tiffany was waiting for Mrs. Jung to continue but then noticed that Mrs.Jung's eyes were closed. The possibility of Mrs. Jung falling asleep crossed her mind but Tiffany concluded that it was a ridiculous assumption.  Jessica's mother was trying to collect her thoughts and words, that's all. So Tiffany patiently waited. But then 10 minutes passed and Mrs. Jung still had her eyes closed. People wrong by were giving her weird looks and Tiffany could only hope that Mrs. Jung open her eyes soon and well, finally talk to her?

"Did she really fall asleep?" Tiffany thought to herself. "It can't be." But just then, Mrs. Jung  placed her head on top of her arms on the table...her eyes still closed.

"OMG!!! SHE REALLY FELL ASLEEP?!!!!" Tiffany screamed in her mind. After a few minutes of debating whether to flee and save her life or wake up the scary, intimidating mother, Tiffany decided to do the right, yet risky, thing. 

"Mrs. Jung?" Tiffany shook Mrs. Jung's arms to wake her up. No luck. In fact, when she did it the second time, Mrs. Jung actually slapped Tiffany's hands away. 

"Ow." Tiffany rubbed her hand with a pout. If Mrs. Jung is anything like Jessica then...

Tiffany took out her cucumber scented lotion, opened the lid, and placed it under Mrs. Jung's nostrils. After a few seconds of twitching her nose and coughing at the awful cumcumber smell, Mrs. Jung finally woke up. 

Mrs. Jung stretched and took a deep breath before remembering Tiffany. "So that's all. What is your answer?" 

Tiffany looked at Mrs. Jung with a confused, blank look. Is she serious? 

"Like daughter, like mother."

"Huh?" Mrs. Jung was confused.

Tiffany suddenly broke down laughing and this time, it was Mrs. Jung who just stared at Tiffany like she was crazy. 

"If you're not going to help me, then just tell me. No need to laugh at my predicament." Mrs. Jung solemnly spoke, with a murderous glare. But Tiffany laughed even more. 

Mrs. Jung was perplexed. Her daughter was dating a crazy girl?

"Mrs. Jung. You are too cute!"

"Heh?" Mrs. Jung innocently inquired, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't even know what you need my help with."

"What do you mean you don't know?! I told you everything!! I need you to talk to my husband for me or he won't forgive me." She solemnly repeated, looking like a sad, dejected heartbroken lover.

Tiffany finally calmed down and decided to help Mrs. Jung with the problem that she had. " I will see what I can do when you finally tell me what the problem is. And this time, don't fall asleep." Tiffany advised with a big smile, trying hard not laugh again as Mrs. Jung tried to deny Tiffany's claim that she fell asleep on her. 

"But I really didn't fall asleep!" 

Tiffany laughed once again and shook her again in amusement. "Alright. It was all in my mind. So please tell me how I can help you from start to finish Mrs. Jung." She instructed once again with a smile, pushin Mrs. Jung's drink toward her. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Honey!! We're home!" Mr. Jung yelled, entering his house with Jessica and Soojin behind him. He hung his coat on the rack and called for his wife again. "Honey?!" He started toward the stairs to his room before he heard his wife's voice from the kitchen. 

"Hm...did I just hear your mom's voice from the kitchen?" 

Jessica and Soojin stood by his side and nodded their head. "I heard Auntie's voice from there too. Isn't she banned from the kitchen?"

"Jessica. Go check it out."

"Wae?! Why do I have to do it?!"

"Your mom and I got in a fight before I left to the mountains with you two brats. So I need to be cautious."

"And so you tell me, your daughter, to risk my life?"

Soojin chuckled at this situation whle Mr. Jung simply placed a hand on Jessica's shoulder and flashed her a puppy look. "Yes." 

Jessica scoffed in disbelief while Soojin could only shake her head at the hilarious interaction. "Jessica. If you're scared, I can go with you."

"No! You and I have suffered enough this weekend." Jessica placed her hands on her hips and grimaced when she heard her mother's voice from the kitchen once more. 

"Hurry up and go!!"

"No! I have a better idea." Jessica suggested and then pulled out her phone. She called a number and soon, the line connected. 

"Krystal!! Your beautiful unnie needs your help!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grandpa Jung sat at the head of the dinner table, arms crossed, eyes closed, with heavy breathing. And to his left was Mrs. Jung, Krystal, and Tiffany. On his right, was Mr. Jung, Soojin and Jessica. 

Mrs .Jung just glared at her husband from across the table all the while.

Jessica was confused why Tiffany was here at her house, and in the same place with her mother.

Soojin and Krystal were innocent bystanders that was dragged into this dilemma.

Tiffany just smiled and waved at Jessica everytime the latter glanced at her. 

"What is going on?" Finally Grandpa Jungs spoke, albeit very seriously. "I come home to find my house at risk of being burned down! I didn't know that I lived with children!" 

"He started it!" Mrs. Jung childishly answered, pointing at her husband, who was apalled at the accusation.

"Yah! Don't just point fingers at people! I am innocent! I was only trying to stop you from burning the house down!"

"You were so angry with me!"

"What does that have to do with anything?!!"

Jessica, Tiffany, Soojin and Krystal knew better than to get involved in this married couple argument. But Grandpa Jung had no problems with it. 

"Be clear. What happened?" Grandpa Jung ordered, not playing any games. "Junhyuk?" 

Mr. Jung crossed his arms and sent a glare to his wife. "Ask your senseless daughter."

"What did you call me?!"

"Senseless!!!"

Mrs. Jung quickly stood up from her seat to grab Mr. Jung but was pulled back by Krystal and Tiffany. But Mr. Jung stood still, not scared at all. 

"Daughter. Tell me."

Mrs. Jung took a breath and then looked at her dad. " A few days ago, Junhyuk and I got into a disagreement about Jessica."

"Me?" Jessica pointed at herself in surprise. "Why?"

"Be quiet Jessica." Mrs. Jung instructed. Tiffany laughed at the dejected and pouting Jessica, resisting the urge to just pinch her adorable girlfriend's cheeks. " As I was saying, we got into an argument about Jessica because I told my husband that Jessica's incident at the aquarium involved this young lady here-" Mrs. Jung gestured to Tiffany, who nervously waved at Grandpa Jung, "- and I definitely think she is a keeper."

Jessica was shocked at this revelation from her mother. Her mom...approves of Tiffany??? 

"You do?!" Grandpa Jung and Jessica said at the same time.

"Exactly what said!" Mr. Jung intervened and looked at Tiffany. "Tiffany. If my wife threatened you to show up here tonight, be honest with me. My wife can be quite the jokester when it comes to Jessica's...love life."

"Not at all Mr. Jung. I willingly came after Mrs. Jung explained the problem to me. She invited me over to clear the misunderstanding."

"Hm...so my wife, actually sought you out, and invited you here tonight and you came willingly?"

"Yes."

"She didn't blackmail you?" Grandpa Jung inquired.

"Uh...no." 

"And my mother didn't...hurt you...right Fany?" Jessica asked, looking for any trace of lies in her mother as she spoke. 

"What?! No!!" Tiffany waved her hands in front of her frantically. " She was so devastated that she got into a fight with your father over our relationship that she came to me for help. We talked and reached an understanding."

"I did not!" Mrs. Jung denied, raising her voice as she tried to keep her cool. "I just wanted to prove him wrong." She said nonchalantly, avoiding her husband's skeptic eyes staring at her. " You guys make it seem like I forced her at gunpoint to come to our house tonight."

"Well, you have done that before Auntie." Soojin matter of factly stated but regretted it right away when Mrs. Jung glared at her. "Sorry." But Tiffany was definitely horrified at that revelation. 

"Uh...that really happened before?" Tiffany nervously asked, looking around to see if someone will start laughing because it was just a joke. She was the only laughing...in fear.

"It was one time! And That young lady had it coming when she tried to get Jessica expelled in university on false accusations of . But that was a long time ago." Mrs. Jung dismissed it passively, as if it was all fine. Tiffany gulped in fear. 

"Don't worry Tiffany-unnie. Jessica won't let that happen to you." Krystal said in positivity, making Tiffany a bit less scared. "But if you do something very bad to Jessica, you might suffer worse." 

"Yah! Stop scaring the poor child. She is scared to death!" Grandpa Jung lectured and Krystal stopped laughing instantly. "Don't worry child. I won't let anything happen to you." He assured with a warm smile, and that really made Tiffany happy.

Jessica nodded her head. "You have me Fany. Don't be scared. Now tell me the truth...are you really okay?"

"Yes Sica. I am." Tiffany flashed Jessica one of her eyesmile smiles and that was reassuring enough. 

"Good. I'm glad."

Mrs. Jung pouted. "why don't any of you believe me?! I'm human too!!" 

Krystal couldn't believe she was forced to see this embarrassing event. "I'm going to bed. Tiffany-unnie. My mom definitely approves of you. And Dad, just kiss and makeup with mom. Okay? Okay. Good night everyone. I have to call my girlfriend to apologize after I was rudely forced to be used as a scapegoat of my mother's potential wrath."

"I love you too sweetheart." Mr. Jung apologized with his puppy eyes. "Tell Amber that you put up a good fight and I am very proud of you. And that she did a good job in keeping you in check."

"No dad. I will not say that to her. Good night for reals now."

Soojin chuckled and excused herself as well. "Good night. Be nice everyone. And congrats Tiffany. From this point on, you are practically a Jung." She teased, making Tiffany blush. 

"Well honey, I am glad that for once, you and I are in agreement about Tiffany."

"I told you so but you didn't believe me. I don't want to talk to you anymore. Good night daddy." Mrs. Jung hugged her laughing father and then looked at Jessica sternly. "You take Tiffany home safely. Understood?"

"Why are you mad at me when you called me a jerk?" Mr. Jung was confused at his wife's anger toward him. 

"So you ignore m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter