All That She Is...

Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And then I had to go over the marketing strategies with the PR and finance department. It took longer than I had thought. I'm sorry." Tiffany quickly sputtered as she took a seat across a quiet Jessica. It's been about two weeks since they agreed to know each other better more and so far, the progress was slow. Very slow in Tiffany's part since Jessica was a hard book to crack. 

"It's fine." Jessica nonchalantly stated in her normal everyday tone. But she just kept sipping her coffee while reading the newspaper, not sparing Tiffany a glance. The cafe had closed an hour ago but Jessica stayed inside to wait for Tiffany as agreed.

"Are you sure? I mean, I was an hour late." Tiffany stated the obvious, a little anxious and suspicious of Jessica's relaxed attitude. Sure enough, that would have deserve a lecture. If Jessica was even 5 minutes late, she would have surely been upset. 

"Yeah." 

Tiffany sighed. This was another reason why Tiffany felt like she was not making as much progress with Jessica because whereas Tiffany would be expressive of her thoughts and emotions, Jessica was more vague with hers. Jessica says one thing but her attitude says another. 

"Can you stop doing that?" Tiffany tiredly asked, just wanting Jessica to yell at her or do something since Jessica was acting quite strange now. 

"What?" Jessica asked, not looking up from her newspaper. "I'm not doing anything."

"Exactly. Any normal person would be super angry at having to wait 1 hour for someone." Tiffany clarified, giving Jessica a serious look. 

"Well, I must be abnormal." Jessica retorted before folding the newspaper and setting it on the table. "I'm going to wash this cup and come back. Just wait here for me." 

As soon as Jessica locked up the cafe, she turned around and started to walk off without waiting for Tiffany. 

"Yah!" Tiffany angrily jogged after Jessica and held her arm to stop her. "Why didn't you wait for me?"

"Well, we must quickly go have dinner. That was the plan wasn't it?"

"You're mad at me."

"No. I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

Jessica removed Tiffany's hold on her arm and shook her head. "I'm not angry."

"Not even a little?"

"Well, I am a little."

"Ha! I knew it!" Tiffany triumphantly exclaimed at Jessica while pointing a finger at the indifferent woman in front of her. But immediately stopped her victory chant the moment she saw Jessica's grave expression.

"Next time, if you can't come at the time you told me, then text me. Or call me. That shouldn't be too hard and shouldn't take too much time. Right?"

Tiffany pouted and fiddled with her fingers, feeling very guilty and awful. "I'm sorry. I made you wait very long for me. I should be punished."

Jessica stared at Tiffany and began to feel a little weird. For some reason, she began to feel uneasy and uncomfortable by how much Tiffany was affected by her attitude. Jessica raised an eyebrow in amusement when Tiffany raised her head and looked at Jessica with eyes that a child would after getting lectured by her parents. 

Jessica shook away her thoughts before gently pulling Tiffany closer to her by the shoulders. Tiffany let out a small squeak when she felt the pull but when she realized just how close she had gotten to Jessica, she was speechless. Sure, Tiffany stole a kiss from Jessica one time but its different when Jessica initiates such intimate proximity. 

"Wha-what are you doing?" Tiffany managed to whisper, her body temperature increasing and heartbeat increasing as well. Oh god...she hopes that Jessica can't hear her irregular heartbeats. Oh gosh....

"..."

"Yah."

"..."

"Jessica!" Tiffany yelled, irritated that Jessica was ignoring her. Tiffany was feeling very frustrated already with how close Jessica was close to her and now she just ignores Tiffany! 

Listen to Descend from Heaven (You're Beautiful ost): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKMEDrrywlo

"Huh?" Tiffany mumbled when Jessica just smiled at her.Not just any of her whatever smiles or quick professional smiles but one of the rare ones that Tiffany has gotten the chance to see. Everything just sleeped to slow down that time..it was just Tiffany and Jessica.

The rare, sincere, warm smile that Jessica only shows once in a while. The smile that just makes Tiffany feel as if a million butterflies are in her stomach...the smile that just makes Tiffany's heart flutter. Tiffany was complete stunned. 

"Miss. Tiffany Hwang, heiress of Byul Entertainment." Jessica softly called out as she fixed Tiffany's jacket collar neatly while Tiffany looked on in anticipation. "Didn't you say you have a reputation to uphold? What is with this messy appearance? Did you run a marathon or something?"  Jessica jokingly asked as she now fixed the scarf around Tiffany and then smoothed out her messy hair affectionately. Jessica then took a step back to look at her work of art. 

"Ah! Perfecto!" Jessica beamed with a childish grin and snapped her fingers, earning a look of disbelief from Tiffany.

"You're such a child Jessica." 

"You should be thanking me, not insulting me."

"You already forgave me so I can be my normal self again."

"When did I say I forgive you?" Jessica challenged.

"With your actions." Tiffany stated and leaned her face closer to Jessica's. "You were oh so loving."

"You love teasing people huh?" Jessica asked and turned around to continue walking away off again.

Tiffany jogged to catch up with Jessica and linked their arms together, earning a look of 'what are you doing' from Jessica. 

"Wae? I can't hold the arms of the person that I'm not dating but is more than friends with?" She cutely and innocently asked, looking up at Jessica with  smile. 

Jessica didn't answer and rather just turned her attention to the front again. Tiffany always does what she wants anyways.What's the point of stopping Tiffany when she's just going to do it again?

"To answer your question earlier about teasing people..."

"..."

"I only tease people I really, really like."

"You must have done it a lot then." Jessica nonchalantly answered as the two of them continued to walk through the sidewalks of Seoul at night. Jessica looking side by side now and then to find a restaurant. "Which place do you want to go?"

"Someone jealous?"

"Nope."

"Don't be jealous. I have plenty of love to give." Tiffany playfully bumped into Jessica from the side. "Want some lovin' Jessica??" She bashed her eyes cutely at Jessica with her hands clasped together.

Jessica used her finger to push Tiffany's face away from her, earning a chuckle from the latter. "I decline your offer. And just for your information, I have had my fair share of your so called 'lovin' from others."

"..."

"Wae? You don't believe me?" Jessica looked at Tiffany increduously while the latter just looked at her with a look of amusment. Tiffany then shook her head. 

Jessica scoffed. "Don't then."

"I didn't know you can be so conceited."

"I'm not conceited. 

"You destroyed all the evidence when you threw away the chocolates and flowers I received for White Day." 

Tiffany wagged her finger side by side while shaking her head in disagreement. "Tsk tsk. That is not loving at all."

"Gee. I wonder what it was to you then?" Jessica sarcastically retorted dramatically.

"Obsession." 

"What?!"

"Yep. You heard me. Their feelings aren't sincere. Unlike mine." Tiffany said with a proud grin.

Jessica scoffed. "Wow...not only are you full of yourself, you're ignorant. Bravo Tiffany. Bravo!" Jessica weakly clapped her hands with a pitiful expression. 

"I take that as a compliment. Thank you very much." Tiffany retorted with a curtsy.

Jessica immediately dragged Tiffany away when they started to receive weird stares and laughter from passerbys from Tiffany's odd behavior. "I want to eat somewhere quiet. What about some sushi?" Jessica changed the subject, letting Tiffany win for now. Besides, Jessica was getting too hungry to argue any more on the matter. 

"No. I want to eat somewhere else."

"Like?"

"You'll see when we get there."

"No."

"Why not?"

"You might choose a place I dislike."

"Do you like Korean food?"

"Yes."

"Then you'll love the place I have in mind."

"No." 

"Fine. Let's settle this like adults." Tiffany said with a sly smile and held out her hand that was clenched into a fist. "Rock-paper-scissors. One game only."

"You're kidding right?"

"Nope. I'm serious. If you win, we'll go eat anywere you want. And if I win, we go where I want. Deal?"

"Fine." Jessica said after a minute of thinking about the competition. Besides, she was confident she will win. 

"Daebak."

"But just so you know, this game is my specialty. I'm the best." Jessica warned with a smirk before setting her hand in position. 

"I'll be the judge of that." Tiffany dismissed such claim with a concentrated stare. "On the count of three. 1...2..3!"

*15 minutes later....

"Wow...look at all the food here!" Tiffany gleefully exclaimed as she pulled Jessica deeper into the night market, filled with various food vendors. The area was populated with people and the noise level was everything but quiet. However, the deeper you go, the more crowded it will get.

Jessica just let Tiffany drag her along since her eyes were solely set on her right hand. "How could you have failed me?" She asked her hand solemnly after having lost to Tiffany. "This is just too sad." 

"Jessica."

"What?" Jessica answered stoically, looking away from Tiffany. Yeah, Jessica was pretty upset she lost the game. She just wanted to eat somewhere not too loud and be at peace but nooooo....she had to lose. She should have never agreed to that lousy game!!! And now she was stuck here...in a over-crowded night market!! 

"Were you...talking to your hand just now?" Tiffany asked, holding back a laugh. 

"And what if I am?"

"You're really that disappointed you lost? Face it. You're not the best. I am."

"..."

"I knew you were going to pick rock."

Jessica looked at Tiffany skeptically. "You did huh?"

"Yeah. I knew based on your personality. You my dear...is a rock head." Tiffany then broke out in a laughter as she held on to Jessica's shoulder for support. Jessica was not amused.

"Tiffany?"

"Yes?"

"I know why you chose paper."

"Why?"

"Because you're flimsy and worth crumbling up into a ball of annoyance."

"Sounds good to me." Tiffany shrugged it off with a grin. "Come on. Didnt you say you're hungry?"

"Ugh!!!" Jessica groaned in defeat as she let Tiffany hold her hand and lead her into the busy market. "I want some rice cakes." She grumpily stated. "And next time, I will win!" She childishly declared as Tiffany merely laughed at Jessica's childish attitude. 

"Okay okay. Let's just enjoy our time now."

----------------------------------------------------------

"So. How's you and Jessica so far?"

CL sat next to Tiffany on her bed while Hyosung and Hyorin were on the floor polishing their nails. Tiffany had just gotten home awhile ago from the 'date' with Jessica. And of course, her good friends were already there in her room waiting for the details of the date.

"Slow, but good." 

"Slow? You haven't even reached first base yet?"

"Wait!!" Now Hyosung and Hyorin was interested in the conversation. "Now continue!" Hyorin demanded with an eager smile.

"What I mean is that we're still in the stages of getting to know each other. I don't want to do anything to scare or anger Jessica." 

"You should have thought of that before you decided to steal a kiss from her and black-mail her into 'dating' you." Hyosung used her hands to quote the word 'date' since the relationship between Tiffany and Jessica was just too ridiculous. "Seriously Tiffany. You should have just black-mailed her into dating you instead of the whole 'more than friends' thing."

Tiffany, CL and Hyorin looked at Hyosung in shock. It was their first time hearing such daring statement from Hyosung since she was usually the most 'innocent' one. She wouldn't even harm a fly. Like seriously. But here she was, giving Tiffany such unthinkable ideas.

"What?" Hyosung looked at them weirdly. "I'm usually against such tactics but I was just pointing out the obvious. If you were going to blackmail her, at least do it for something worthwhile. Like dating!!" Hyosung yelled and flicked Tiffany's forehead mercilessly. "You pabo!"

"Yah!" Tiffany rubbed her forehead to relieve some pain. "I had no choice. Jessica was absolutely against the idea of dating. I'm lucky to have her even consider me as 'more than a friend' person."

"How long has it been since you met Jessica?"

"About a month."

"Do you like Jessica?"

"Duh! I wouldn't have asked her out if I didn't." Tiffany retorted in an annoyed tone as she stared at Hyorin in disbelief. "Would I ever ask someone out if I didn't?"

CL nodded her head. "True. Tiffany never asks. It happens once in a blue moon." She chuckled at her metaphor.

"So you're not going to ask her to date you?"

"No. At least not yet. But I'm not worried. I have a good feeling that when I do ask Jessica, she will agree." Tiffany confidently stated with grin. "I just know it!!"

"Or you can just ask subtlely. I mean, you're never the type to follow the rules." Hyorin suggested with a smirk.

"Is that the right thing to do though? Should I do it?" Tiffany asked herself and tapped her chin, but her smirk already tells her friends the answer.

Her friends gathered around her and pulled her for a group hug. "Tiffany fighting!!!"

-------------------------------------

Jessica was currently leaning against the counter with her arms crossed against her chest as she stared at the scene before her. Jessica tilted her eyes to the side a bit to see just how long it will be until she will be detected. Jessica was currently in the company to pick up Tiffany, as requested by the latter. It seems like most of the employees were done for the day with work and Jessica, as she waited for Tiffany, scanned the flow of employees to see if she can spot those two guys that started trouble with the janitor. 

"Hm. Lucky day for them." She muttered to herself when she didn't see her targets. That was when she decided to just wait for Tiffany by the reception desk. As much as Jessica dislikes the stares she received from the workers, she just ignored them. Do they know about the relationship between her and Tiffany?

Just then, Jessica heard Tiffany's laughter from afar. Jessica straightened herself with a smile to greet Tiffany only for it to disappear quickly when she saw that Tiffany was not alone. Tiffany would lightly hit the other woman's playfully as she continued to giggle while the other seemed to enjoy it. Jessica raised an eyebrow and leaned back against the counter again. That other woman looked really familiar...very very familiar....

"You really did that?!!!" Tiffany's voice was once again heard as she covered with her hand. "And I thought I was bad!"

Flirt...Jessica thought to herself as she felt a very weird feeling inside of her. A very uncomfortable, itching feeling in her chest.

"I sure did! And I made sure to step on him again before I ran off. It's what he deserved for trying to take pictures of me." The other woman proudly stated as she joined in the laughter. "And so I-"

That voice was very very familiar...almost sounds like-- "Sooyoung?" 

Sooyoung turned to look in Jessica's direction and yelped in glee and run up to Jessica's side. "Jess-poo!!"

Jessica examined Sooyoung from top to bottom...Sooyoung was wearing professional, business attire. No wonder Jessica didn't recognize her. "Wow Sooyoung. It's amazing what clothes can do to hide a person's-"

"Beauty?" Sooyoung bashed her eyes cutely at Jessica with her hands clenched cutely under her chin. 

Jessica scoffed and stood next to Tiffany. "I was going to say ugly."

"You take that back Medusa!!" 

"Make me Gumiho!" Jessica countered with smug smirk. 

"Oh I will." Sooyoung angrily marched right up to Jessica and rolled up her sleeves. "You are messing with the wrong Choi."

"I'm a Jung. I'm not scared of you at all." Jessica and Sooyoung were literally glaring at each other, all fired up to fight. Tiffany quickly stood between them to calm them down. 

"Now now kids. Just relax." Tiffany tried to calm down the two angry friends, who were heavily breathing each other and ready to tear each other apart. 

"What are you doing here Sooyoung?"

"Why? I can't be here but you can?"

Jessica scoffed and stepped forward, only to be pushed back by Tiffany. "I came to pick up Tiffany!"

"And I came to discuss a business investment. Hah!"

Jessica looked at Tiffany for a confirmation. "Is this true?"

"Yeah."

"Fine. Sorry Gumiho." 

"I am not Gumiho!" Sooyoung protested.

"Think about it Soo. Gumiho was portrayed by Shin Minah. You sure you don't want to be Gumiho?"

"Now that you put it that way..." Sooyoung put on a thoughtful pose, actually thinking deeply about Jessica's reasoning. As Sooyoung continued to ponder, Jessica suddenly found herself in the company of Tiffany again.

"Why didn't you tell me you were friends with heiress of Choi Corp.?" Tiffany was genuinely disappointed that Jessica let out such information. 

"I didn't tell you because Sooyoung doesn't want her identity revealed. In fact, Sooyoung prefers telling others herself."

"Oh." Tiffany said, understanding exactly why now. She would have done the same thing. "And Yuri?"

"What about her?"

"Is she someone affluent too?"

"Nah. She's just an average citizen like me." Jessica said with a dramatic sigh. "We are nothing compare to you. Your highness." Jessica bowed, causing Tiffany to immediately pull her up out of embarrassment. 

"You're so embarrassing!"

"Yeah. But you smiled." Before Tiffany could respond, Sooyoung interrupted and pulled Jessica away.

"Alright Jung. I'll be Shin Minah."

"So you accept being a gumiho?"

"I'm not stupid. I know what you're trying to do. If anyone can be a gumiho, it would be me since I'm as beautiful as Shin Min-ah." Sooyoung pointed at herself with a pacified and happy smile. Sooyoung can't be tricked.

"Sooyoung? I don't think that's a good-"

"No Tiffany. Sooyoung is obviously too smart for me. Let her be. She's right." Jessica held Tiffany and winked at Tiffany to just follow along. Tiffany held in her laughter at Jessica's sarcasm but nodded her head along. Its just for fun anyways. At least, until Sooyoung realizes her mistake.

"Exactly. Now girls, we have work to do. Sunny is waiting for us." Sooyoung then 'diva walked' her way out of the company followed by Jessica and Tiffany. Sooyoung can be pretty full of herself too once in a while...

"Sunny is your friend right?" Tiffany asked and looked at Jessica for an answer. 

"Yep."

"Why is Sunny waiting for the two of you?"

"My parents, I mean my mom, left some chores for me to do while they're on their vacation."

"Chores? Like cleaning and taking out the trash?"

Jessica shook her head. "Not even close." she answered with a dry laugh.

"She left the chores for you at Sunny's house?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"She didn't want our  gargage dirty so she decided to just use Sunn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter