Toggle the Past

Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello!!!!!! I'm back. Lots of my readers have been waiting so long for an update and I hope I don't disappoint. Not sure how long this story will be yet. And for those who are fans of my other story "Phoenix Sisters", be ready. :D

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*2 weeks later*

"What's with the long face?" Jessica asked with a chuckle as she takes the seat from across of Soojin.  Soojin was twirling her milk tea with her straw mindlessly with a frown and a sigh every now and then. She can't do this anymore. She has to confess everything although she relishes at the fact that Jessica will get punished...along with her. Sigh. That's very odd of Soojin. And the only time Soojin acts like this is when she's in trouble or feels bad about something. "Yo. I'm talking to you." Jessica flicked Soojin's forehead, causing the latter to heave another heavy sigh and then stare at Jessica with gloomy eyes.

"Reptile." another one of Soojin's bizarre nickname for Jessica. For this conversation, the nickname was based on animal categories. "You're not really cold-blooded are you? You could be an exception right?"

"What is it arachnid?" answered Jessica with her own weird endearment. "What trouble did you string up this time?" Jessica was insect category.

"You have to help me."

"Wae? What did you do?"

"How's your dad?"

"My dad? He's the same."

"Really? Nothing...odd?" Soojin asked, rather unsure.

"No." Pause for a minute. "Actually, now that I think about it, he's been too happy. And too nice..." Jessica trailed off and narrowed her eyes at Soojin, getting suspicious. Soojin looked nervous..."What did you do Choi Soojin?"

"Heh...nothing."

"Tell me right now. Don't make me use force."

"I'm innocent."

"My dad has been treating my mother like a queen to the extent of me wanting to barf. Not that he hasn't been doing that before but he's taking it to the extreme. And he has been awfully nice to me. I'm talking about sugary, sweet, no yelling, nice."

"You're a lucky gal?"

"Choi Soojin!!!"

"Alright. Alright." Soojin gave up and clasped her hands together before putting her drink on the floor just in case Jessica decides to throw it in her face after she tells Jessica about her accidental slip-up to Mrs. Jung.  She even lifted herself up from her chair a bit so she can just run for her life as soon as she was done confessing to Jessica. "Okay. Well, what happened is that-"

----------------------------------------------

"Oh !!! She's fast!" Soojin muttered to herself as she ran threw the streets of Seoul in broad daylight from a raging Jessica Jung who was only a few feet behind her."......" Soojing chanted as she dodged dogs, children, adults, old people and even cars just to save herself from Jessica's wrath. 

"I SAID SORRY!!!!" Soojin turned her head back a bit to scream, still aware of Jessica's fury. Soojin=prey.

"YOU WILL BE WHEN I KICK YOUR A** TO THE MOON AND BACK!!!!" came Jessica's scary reply as she kept chasing after Soojin. She was like a roadrunner! Jessica=predator.

Soojin eventually knew that she couldn't keep this up. She had to find a place to hide or at least, somewhere she can fight with Jessica if she's caught. Because, that's the only two choices she has now. But..where is she now? Soojin was about to run into the park when she noticed a very familiar building on the other side of where she was at. Wasting no time, she quickly ran toward the building, knowing that it was her last source of survival.

"I-I would like to see-see Tiffany Hwang." Soojin said in between her panting. She was trying to regain her breathing as she kept an eye out on Jessica, who was still stuck at the traffic light. Soojin has a little time before Jessica can reach her.

"Do you have an appointment?" The receptionist politely asked with a smile. 

"No. But it's an emergency. Can you tell her Choi Soojin needs to see her?" Soojin desperately asked, turning back to look at Jessica's current state. Oh gosh...she has less than a minute until Jessica can cross the street and murder her. "Hurry!" She demanded, raising her voice a bit, causing employees to stare at her.

"I'm sorry. But unless you have an appointment, you can't-"

"You dont' understand! She's the only one who can save me from that monster outside!!" Soojin pointed toward the glass entrance door, only to release a yelp of panic when she noticed Jessica was now crossing the street, at a much slower pace since there were alot of people. Soojin held the receptionist's hand and pled one last time. "Please. Just call her now before it's too late."

"I already told you that I can't do that."

"CHOI SOOJIN!!!!" came Jessica's roar from behind the guilty Soojin. Jessica took slow, scary steps toward Soojin, eyes never leaving Soojin.

"Help me." Soojin squeaked, as she looked at the receptionist forlornly. 

"Good afternoon Ms. Jung. Are you here to see Ms. Hwang?" asked the receptionist happily to Jessica, not to Soojin. Oh god...the irony...

"I'm here for her." Jessica retorted, pointing at Soojin with a murderous stare. "Thank you though." Jessica smiled at the receptionist then returned back to being JessiHulk to Soojin.

"In that case, please do. I was just about to call security on her." The receptionist had no idea who Soojin was or that Jessica was the person Soojin was warning her about. Jessica had the upper hand in this situation. 

"Jessica. Let's talk about this civilly. Without violence." Soojin slowly walked backward, away from Jessica's reach as she put her hands in front of her. "It was an accident."

"Accident? Do you have any idea what you have done?! To me?!!!" 

"Look at the bright side. You no longer have to hide the truth from your mom?" Soojin nervously reasoned, only to cause Jessica to crack her knuckles as if preparing to beat Soojin up as soon as she laid hands on her. "Be reasonable!!"

"Why don't you just come willingly and stop making a scene? This is my girlfriend's company." Jessica stayed still and crossed her arms across her chest coolly. She even spoke calmly...too calm. "Come on." She beckoned Soojin to come to her with her finger.

Soojin shook her head. She will not fall for the trap! If she has to make a run for Tiffany's office, she will. No way is she going to let Jessica take her down. No way!

"Jessica!" a merry voice called from behind Soojin, making the hairs on her neck stand up. While Jessica merely waved at the newcomer with a smirk. 

"Hello Michelle-unnie!!" a devious Jessica turned her attention back to Soojin and then back to Michelle. "Soojin is here too." She informed with a sinister smile as she pointed to the unfortunate Soojin.

Dang it!

"Soojin?" Michelle looked around until she found Soojin standing behind one of the sofas in the lobby. She flashed a smile at the dreadful Soojin and waved. "Hi Choi. You missed me that much that you came to visit me here? How sweet." She cooed and walked toward Soojin after dismissing her group of advisers to leave. 

"Yah! Why are you here?" 

"What do you mean? I'm the CEO of ByulEnterprise." She said with a soft giggle, and playfully pushed the shocked Soojin. "Why are you pretending not to know?"

Soojin's eyes were wide open as well as . What kind of fate is this? Michelle is the CEO...and Tiffany is the VP...no.no.no.no...this can't be happening. Yoona told her that Michelle returned to America to take over the branch there. Soojin was exhilarated and relieved that she no longer has to deal with Michelle's constant flirty behavior as well as her clinginess. What is she doing here?!

"You...didn't you return to America?"

"America? Nonsense." Michelle laughed at Soojin's ridiculous question and shook her head. "Why would I go back there? I'm here permanently."

"But-but Yoona said-"

"Oh. I went to America four days ago for business. I returned yesterday."

"I can't believe this." She uttered to herself quietly, still looking at Michelle in disbelief. She then looked at Jessica who merely shrugged her shoulders and flashed Soojin a sly smile. Jessica knew it all along. And that thought alone was enough to make Soojin's blood boil.

But before Soojin could do anything to Jessica, Michelle had already gotten a hold on her arm. 

"It's lunch time. Why don't you join me for lunch?"

"Why would I? I'm busy."

"No you're not. Jessica told me you resigned from the police force. Currently, you're unemployed." 

"Am not! I'm just waiting for-"

"Talk later! Let's go! I'm famished." Soojin was helplessly dragged along to accompany Michelle while Jessica stared at her with a rather satisfied smile. Of course, that doesn't mean she was going to let Soojin off the hook that easily. She will still get her revenge. In the meantime, she has more important matter to attend to. Rather, an important person.

"Fany-ah? Let's have lunch together." Jessica said as soon as Tiffany picked up her call. "My treat so I choose the place. No complaining. I'll be waiting for you in the lobby. See you."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"No." Jessica nonchalantly answered the moment Tiffany finished talking. Jessica was sending Tiffany back to the company after lunch and along the way, Tiffany decided to persuade Jessica into go somewhere with her. Somewhere that Jessica detests with all her guts.

"Why not? One of my favorite bands in performing at the club tonight. Don't be a pooper." 

"Do you have any idea how gross night clubs are?" Jessica exaggerate with utmost disgust with a small shake upon remembering the past events in a club. Jessica rather be at home, in the comfort of her bed than out with Tiffany in that nightmare hole.

"Come on. All my high-school classmates will be there." 

"So?" 

"So I want to introduce you to them officially as my girlfriend." said a happy Tiffany as she used her aegyo. "Pwease...pwease go for me. Huh Jessi? Pwease?"

Jessica parked the car and unbuckled her seatbelt. She then turned to face Tiffany. Jessica couldn't believe Tiffany was using aegyo on her. Doesn't she know how deadly her cute expressions can be?

"Pwease???" Tiffany blinked her eyes cute and pursed her lips together, with her hands in a praying manner. "Go with me."

Jessica sighed and smiled. Tiffany knew it! Jessica couldn't resist her....

"Have fun at the club with your friends. And behave. See you." Jessica patted Tiffany's head gently with a small smile, ignoring the scowl on Tiffany's face. "I'll be at home if you need me." 

"Yah! Are you really going to do this to me?!" Tiffany angrily yelled as soon as she was out of the car. Jessica was already walking away but turned back around to look at Tiffany. "You better be at Mysterio Night Club by 9pm!"

"Not going to happen!!" Jessica yelled back before turning around to leave. Tiffany may be angry with her but she will have to deal with it. Jessica dislikes going to loud, crowded places. Tiffany should already know that too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Mysterio Night Club-9:15pm*

"So Tiffany, where's your lovergirl?" one of the guys in Tiffany's circle of highschool classmates asked with a rather mocking tone. "She chickened out?"

"No. She'll be here soon." Tiffany answered, putting her phone away. But it wasn't true. Tiffany had called and Jessica said she was not going to come so don't bother waiting for her. Stupid Jessica. Now Tiffany have to lie her way out of this. She shouldn't have agreed, knowing how Jessica is with loud, crowded places.

"Who is she again?" a female friend asked, looking at the others for an answer.

"Jessica Jung." CL answered. "I've only told you that like 100 times. Listen for once Rita."

Rita scoffed and gave CL a dirty look before conversing with her boyfriend again. Hyosung and Ailee imitated Rita and laughed at their own, funny imitation. Rita was a very conceited, spoiled brat. 

"We don't have all night Tiffany. Perhaps, you lied to us about having a lover?" another rich, stuck-up boy by the name of Eunhyuk commented, swirling his liquor in the glass boredly. "We understand if you are you know?"

"What is that suppose to mean?" Hyorin venomously asked, leaning forward to exemplify her discontent with her glare. Eunhyuk sounded as if he was expecting Jessica to flake out on Tiffany. Then again, Eunhyuk has always been a butthole.

"What my boytoy here means is that this so called Jessica Jung might've pulled a 'Kyle' on Tiffany and left when she got bored. You remember what Kyle did. Right Tiffany?"

Tiffany stayed quiet, clenching her fists to the side as she hid her eyes from view. Of course she remembered Kyle. Kyle Lim...her first love. Her first heartbreak and betrayal. Kyle was a player. Tiffany's closest friend and even Michelle warned her about him but she didn't believe them. She gave Kyle the benefit of the doubt. 

"Why don't you shove it Ryeowook?" Ailee warned, throwing the olive in her cocktail at the feminine man next to Eunhyuk. "Be smart for once will you?" Ryeokwook merely flipped his middle finger at Ailee. He never liked her.

"Tiffany. You okay?"

"I'm fine."

"And then there was the woman who caused Tiffany to vouch for the same gender." Rita casually stated, ignorant of Tiffany's feelings. "What was her name again? Was it Joo-hep or Joo-hey?" She asked her boyfriend, Shindong. "Do you remember babe?"

"God. Why were we even friends with these b*tches and d**ks in the first place?" Hyosung whispered, on the other side of Tiffany comforting the latter, who was starting to shake a bit now. "Calm down Tiffany."

"Because of connections. And they followed us remember? They had to feed off of us to prosper and shine." CL answered Hyosung's question before flexing her hands, in case she purposely hits Rita's plastic surgery face. 

"How can Tiffany calm down when they're basically degrading Tiffany right here?" Hyorin stated before addressing the four devils in disguise. "Hey. Are you guys here because you really care about Tiffany or because you just want to rub all these bullsh*t on Tiffany?" She demanded to know, earning a guffaw from the four ogres. 

"Were just talking. We're not doing anything bad. Right Tiffany?" Ryeowook looked at his friends with smirk as he asked this question. In fact, all four of them never liked Tiffany or her friends. They only befriended her for their own advantage and because it was good for networking. 

"Oh! Babe, I remember that woman's name now. Her name of Joon-hee. Bae Joon-hee. Now that I remember, wasn't she the one who literally used you for your money and then dumped you like trash?" He asked with a snicker, proud to be able to humiliate Tiffany. In the past, it was Tiffany who always had the upper hand in everything. One word from her could have been the end of his world. 

"She is trash." Eunhyuk whispered, chuckling afterwards. Tiffany heard this and raised her head to confront her so called 'friends'. But before she could say or do anything, Eunhyuk and Ryeowook screamed out in pain. 

"Say that again. I dare you." It was Michelle.

"Mi-Michelle?! What a surprise!" Rita and Shindong uttered with fake smiles as they stood up to greet Michelle formally. Michelle glared at the two fakes and took a seat next to her little sister. She then wrapped an arm around Tiffany as she looked at little sister with worried eyes. "Gwenchana? You want me to beat them up?"

"Count us in." Ailee spoke on behalf of CL, Hyosung and Hyorin. "Just give me a signal."

"Say...aren't these the friends you were telling me about? Your high-school friends that wanted to catch up on things?" Michelle leaned back on her seat and sat like a boss. She stared at the four devils intently with a dark aura as she spoke. "Are you sure they weren't bullies?"

Rita, Shindong, Eunhyuk and Ryeowook fearfully looked to Tiffany. They all hoped that Tiffany would spare them. 

"They're...my friends." Tiffany whispered, holding her sister back to calm her down. "Don't hurt them."

"Friends don't say such cruel things. They're more like dogs. Wild dogs." Michelle scoffed before leaning forward to get a closer look at them. "I wouldn't tolerate such friends if I were you Tiffany."

"Hey! We're just joking around with her." Eunhyuk lied, rubbing the side of his head that had collided with Ryeowooks when Michelle banged their heads together. "Not ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter