Just As You Are

Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for all the comments. I really enjoyed reading them and I'm glad to know that my story is liked. :D 

*no editing done

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jessica got off her bike and parked it in the bicycle racks right next to the building. Jessica looked at her wristwatch.

"5:16pm. I'm 14 minutes early." Jessica muttered to herself before staring up at the building in front of her. "Byul Enterprise Incorporated." She said aloud to no one. Jessica has heard about this company from her mother before during one of her cases but only information that everyone else in Seoul knows: successful, rich and powerful. 

"Wow...Tiffany works in the this company? I wonder what her job is?" Jessica thought to herself as she took out the flask filled with coffee and the bag with two muffins. Yeah...it was the day of the supposed 'date'. They were finally able to come up with a time and place a few days after their last encounter in the cafe due to their schedule conflicts.

Meanwhile....

"VP Hwang."

"Yes Secretary Lee?" 

"There is a visitor waiting for you."

"Who is it?" 

"Her name is Jessica Jung."

Tiffany stopped what she was doing right away upon hearing that name. Jessica's here already? "Did she ask to meet with me?"

"No. Actually..."

"What is it?"

"She told the concierge that she just wanted to inform you and that she will wait until the designated time." 

Tiffany chuckled to herself. Jessica is quite a woman of manners. "Alright. Let her know I'm on my way out right now." Tiffany instructed, closing the folder she was reviewing and stacking it on top of the others on the table. 

----------------

"Ms. Jung?"

"Yes?" Jessica answered, turning her head to look at the receptionist. The receptionist found herself blushing at the eye contact and immediately looked down. 

"Um...Ms. Hwang is on her way down right now. Please just take a seat and wait for her."

"Thank you." 

Jessica turned around looking for a chair to sit on when suddenly in front of her, she saw a man, who she presumed is an employee from his name tag, purposely bump hard onto a janitor who was sweeping the floor. The janitor, a rather old man, fell the the ground with a groan of pain while the man and his friend laughed secretly to each other. 

Immediately, Jessica dropped the flask and muffins onto the floor and ran to help the janitor. "Harabuji. Gwenchana?" Jessica asked in concern as she held the old man's hand to support him to stand up. 

"I'm-I'm okay." The old man stuttered, forcing a smile to convince Jessica only to fail when he tried to move his wrist and only groaned out in pain. Jessica swiftly yet gently held the old man's wrist in her hands and frowned. 

"Your wrist is broken." Jessica softly told the old man before glaring at the two men in front of her, who pretended to act innocent. "Please hold him. Be careful." Jessica instructed a random employee, since the accident have attracted a small crowd.  

As soon as Jessica was assured that the old man was safely and comfortablely assisted, she turned her attention to the man who caused the injury and his friend. Jessica walked toward them, staring at them intently with an unforgiving gaze. 

"Is it fun to pick on others who are weaker and defenseless? Apologize to him right now." 

The man who was responsible for the old man's injury merely scoffed, feigning suprise at Jessica's accusation. "I didn't do anything. He slipped himself due to his carelessness. I'm innocent." 

Jessica sighed, getting annoyed and angrier with every second she spends talking and seeing these two idiots. "Is that so?"

"Yeah. My friend is innocent." The man's friend defended, causing Jessica to turn her attention to him. 

"So, you're willing to defend your friend even though you know that he purposely bumped into the janitor? It goes without saying: monkey see, monkey do."

"Oooooo...." the crowd said together upon hearing Jessica's comment. Those two guys just got burned!!!!

"Yah! Who do you think you are?!" The obviously guilty man demanded to know, his face heating up from the stares and laughter he was getting from his co-workers. 

Jessica ignored the guy and went straight to proving her case. "Since you claim to be innocent and your monkey friend believes so as well, I'll defend my case. And then if you two still disagree, you will have the chance to do so as well." Jessica then walked back to the old man, crouched down, and pointing at the shoes. "Janitors are expected to wear slip-free shoes to prevent accidents. It's mandatory because it's a preventive measure to avoid lawsuits, specifically, work injury that can result in worker's compensation. Second of all, I saw you-" Jessica pointed at the guilty man, who was now sweating a bit from fear. "-purposely push him from behind."

"So what? You don't have proof." He countered with a victorious smile before earning a nod of approval from his friend. "It's your words against us."

Jessica wagged her finger side to side before crossing her arms across her chest. "Before I end up making you regret, you should just write down your name and number. Because if there's anyone who's paying for harabuji's hospital bills, it would be you."

"As if I-"

"Wait! I forgot about your loyal puppy there. He's going to do the same."

"This is ridiculous! Let's go!" 

"I guarantee that if either of you leave right now, you will suffer grave consequences." Jessica warned, causing the two men to look at Jessica in disbelief. 

"And just what will you do? Report us to our boss?" They challenged, laughing all the while. 

"Wow...you two are the most stupidest men I have ever met today. Note that I said 'today' because I've met lots of stupid people in my life before."

That shut them up. Jessica nodded her head in satisfaction before talking again.

"Since the two of you chose to not heed my warnings and choose to humiliate yourselves even more, I have no mercy for you." Jessica then took out her phone to make a call. "Hello? Is this Seoul Police?" Jessica smirked at the petrified sinners before continuing to talk and just in case they don't believe her, she the speaker phone. "I would like to report a disturbance."

"What is it exactly?" the police officer demanded to know.

"Someone is hurt officer. Please come and you will know. Both victim and perpetrators are here, along with the security video that has recorded the whole incident."

Jessica's smile grew wider when she noticed just how uneasy and scared the two men were feeling with every fleeting second she was on the phone. 

"Would you please come and decided what must be done?"

"Okay. Just tell me where and we will-"

"OKAY!! OKAY!! WE GIVE UP!!!" 

"Officer? Please give me a minute." Jessica covered the speaker and looked at the two men with a poker face. "You will do what?"

"Anything you say. Please, don't bring the cops here." the guilty man pled, along with his friend.

"Anything?"

"Yes. Anything."

"Alright." Jessica simply hung up the phone, not caring about the fact that she had just called the cops earlier. "First, I want the two of you to get on your knees and apologize to him."

"What? On our knees?"

"He's an elder. Did your parents never teach you about respect? Now hurry up."

The two men did as they were told and apologized. The old man tried to stop them but Jessica would not have any of that. 

"Now, the two of you will be paying for his hospital bills. So give me all your personal information so that you will get the bill." 

Both men immediately took out their business cards from their wallet and handed it to Jessica. "Here. Is this all?"

"In the future, treat others like how you want to be treated. Or karma will be be worse and make the two of you suffer immensely. Understood?"

The two men nodded their heads furiously.

"You're free to go. Hurry before I change my min."

As soon as they left, the crowd slowly dispersed as well. Jessica returned to helping the old man and slowly assisted him to sit on the chair. "Harabuji, don't move your injured wrist or else it can worsen."

"I'm okay. I have to keep working."

"No. You're not. Just stay here and I'll do your job for you."

When Jessica stood up and turned around, she almost knocked into Tiffany. "Yah! Do you not know what personal space is?!"

Tiffany dismissed Jessica's comment and tended to the old man. "Mr. Shin. You are free for the rest of the day. Stay here until my driver arrives. He will take you to the hospital."

"But Ms. Hwang-"

"It's alright. You weren't even suppose to work today. I gave you the day off remember?" Tiffany pretended to sound serious, although she was smiling the whole time. 

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't afford a day off. My kids need the money."

Tiffany held his uninjured hand in hers and gave him an assuring smile. "Don't worry about that. Just get yourself treated. Come back when you are well."

Jessica looked on, impressed and surprised. Tiffany was definitely not the spoiled, cocky woman she last saw.

"Thank you so much Ms. Hwang." He bowed to Tiffany and turned to Jessica but Jessica immediately held him by the shoulders to prevent him from bowing to her.

"No need. Just rest and be well. That's all I want from you." Jessica bowed and smiled at the old man, who gladly returned the smile.

"Thank you child. Bless you!" He expressed, with teary eyes. "Thank you both!"

Jessica waited until the old man was gone before turning away to pick up her now broken flask and dirtied muffins. "Shucks!"  She commented as she put flask into the bag of the muffins. 

"What's wrong?" Tiffany asked, seeing Jessica's trouble expression. 

"The coffee is spilt and muffins are dirtied." Jessica stated as she grabbed a roll of paper towels from the janitor cart and began wiping the floor where the coffee was spilled.

"You can just leave the mess there. I'll have someone clean it up."

Jessica didn't listen to Tiffany and continued to clean. When she was done, she threw the dirty towels in the trash along with the coffee and muffins. 

"Tiffany. Why have someone clean up my mess? I have my own two hands and two feet." Jessica said with a smile as she sanitized her hands. 

"Oh."

"I assume you don't clean much." Jessica concluded from observing Tiffany's tone and expression.

"I clean!" 

Jessica looked at her skeptically before shrugging her shoulders. "If you say so."

"Yah!"

"Let's go somewhere else for coffee. I don't like the stares I'm getting from your fellow co-workers here." Jessica commented just as she turned caught a few workers staring at her and Tiffany.

"Why? You don't like being seen with me?" Tiffany teased, nudging Jessica's shoulder playfully.

"That's right." Jessica nonchalantly answered, irking Tiffany.

"What?"

"I don't want any misunderstandings between the two of us. So you should wait here for your chauffeur, I'm leaving first. I'll text you the place." And with those last words, Jessica simply left, not waiting for Tiffany's response. Tiffany on the other hand just couldn't believe that Jessica dared humiliate her like this. It has begun!

"Wait!" 

Before Jessica could comprehend what was going on, Tiffany had linked her arms with Jessica's. Jessica just looked at her while Tiffany simply smiled, pretending not to notice the intimate gesture.

"What is it now?"

"I'll go with you."

"I don't think that's possible unless you don't mind walking."

"Wae? You don't have a car?"

"No. I have a bike."

Tiffany's smile grew wider when she heard Jessica's reply. Jessica has a motorcycle? And if Tiffany rides the motorcycle with Jessica then...omg!!! She will be hugging Jessica!!!!! Talk about luck!

"You're such a liar! I don't mind at all!" Tiffany quickly assured with a smile, and Jessica being Jessica, simply nodded her head, thinking that Tiffany understood her situation. Of course Jessica remembered to unlink her arm with Tiffany before leading the way.

------------------------------------------

Listen to I Love Party (That's Okay, It's Love ost): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5UwHYXZhDE

Tiffany's eyes widened and jaw nearly dropped when she saw Jessica unlocking the chains to her bicycle. "This-this is your bike?!!!"

"Yeah. I told you already." Jessica retorted, bring her bike to her side. "That's why I told you we will only go together if you don't mind walking." Jessica gave her a blank look. 

"But-but-" Tiffany was at a lost of words. Jessica literally came here in her bicycle?!!! What the-okay....calm down Tiffany. Just stay calm and tell Jessica about your troubled thoughts. "Look Jessica, I can't ride a bicycle. I'm wearing a skirt and heels." She forced a smile and bith her lips to hold back her disbelief and annoyance. 

Jessica looked at Tiffany from head to toe and saw that indeed, Tiffany had unfit attire for the bicycle. But then again...

"I never said you will ride my bike."

"..."

"I will ride my bike and you follow behind on foot. Or take a taxi."

That's it!!! No more nice Tiffany Hwang!!!!

"Jessica Jung!"

"Wae?" Jessica sent her a displeased stare. "Must you shout my name when I'm so close to you."

"You-you are such an inconsiderate person!"

"Me? What did I do?"

Tiffany scoffed at Jessica's denseness. "You and I are going on a date and you rode a bike here?! Do you not know how dates work?"

Before Jessica could respond, Tiffany held up her palm to stop Jessica. "Here's how it works: You come pick me up from my work in a car or motorcyle. Then we go together! I repeat together! to wherever it is that we are supposed to go. And since you're the one who asked me out in the first place, you should have thought all of this over!!!!" Tiffany was now breathing hard as she finished her lecture and tried to calm herself down.

"If you are done, may I defend myself?"

"No. I don't care about what you have to say."

"I'll pretend I didn't hear you say that. Anyhow, I must clarify something: We are not going on a date." Jessica held up another finger. "Second, I rode a bike here because that's my only means of transportation other than taking the bus." Jessica then held up another finger, making it three altogether. "Third, I was considerate of you which was why I told you to stay and wait for your chauffeur, which I assume is how you got to work today. Am I wrong?"

"..."

"And I did tell you that if you go together with me, you'll be walking. But what did you say? Oh yeah, you said you wanted to come. So I thought you understood."

"You are a horrible person Jessica!"

"Aren't we all horrible? I guess I'm just more expressive with mine." Jessica dramatically retorted, only worsening Tiffany's anger. Tiffany doesn't know what she saw in Jessica. Jessica is just so...so..arrogant and rude! Tiffany had enough so she turned to go back inside the company and just wait for her chauffeur.

"Wait. Before you go, I have an idea."

"I don't care about what you have to say anymore."

Jessica parked her bicycle at the rack again and locked it up. She then took some steps until she was a few inches behind Tiffany. "Why don't you and I just wait here for your chauffeur? And then leave together in one car?"

"And why will I do that? Like you said, this was never a date!" 

"And it's not. But I figured that since you and I have already planned to spend time together, we should do it."

"Are you joking right now? Because I'm wearing heels and I'm not scared to hit you with it. And believe me, I will make sure it hurts!!!"

Jessica laughed at Tiffany's scrutinizing stare and threat. Tiffany suddenly felt her heart beat faster and a sudden gush of heat flush through her body when she saw Jessica laughing. It was an unfamiliar feeling...but nice. Jessica was so...so...beautiful.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Tiffany woke up from her daydream when she heard Jessica's voice. Jessica was waving her hands back and forth in front of Tiffany. "Hello? Earth to Tiffany."

"Huh? What?"

"I asked if you were okay with the plan or not."

"Okay."

"Okay? Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Unless you're trolling me." Tiffany answered with a threatening stare. "Because if you are..." She pointed at her heels. 

"I'm not. You can even choose the place where we will go." Jessica held her arms up in mock surrender.

"What about your bike?"

"I'll come back and get it later. In the mean time, let's go back and wait for your chauffeur inside Vice-President Hwang." 

"Wait!" Tiffany held Jessica's wrist and looked into her eyes. "You know who I am?"

"I actually heard one of your workers call you that earlier. Wae? Is it a problem?" Jessica looked at her with an eyebrow raised. "Sorry. Was it suppose to be a secret?" Jessica covered and scanned the environment. "You're safe. We're the only ones here."

Tiffany let go of Jessica's hand and shook her head. "No. At least, I hope it won't be." Tiffany whispered the last part to herself with a hopeful tone.

"But I do have a question."

Tiffany closed her eyes...here it goes. The question that everyone always ask...

"You're going to make sure that harabuji gets treated and paid despite his absences at work right?"

Tiffany was taken aback by Jessica's question, confusing Jessica too since she was getting stared at so much by Tiffany. "Why do you keep staring at me?"

"You're not going to ask me out with nonsense flattery because I'm the heiress to Byul Enterprise?"

"No. I thought I already cleared that misunderstanding. Do I need to do it again?" Jessica honestly and casually answered. "Because I can if I have to."

"Did you hear what I said? I said I was the heiress to Byul Enterprise." Tiffany repeated herself, slower this time. observing Jessica's reaction.

"Yeah. I heard you the first time. What about it?"

"Never mind." Tiffany dismissed the subject, not wanting to cause any un-necessary drama. If Jessica was just pretending to not care, then she was doing a good job. And if she really didn't care, then...well, that'll be great. Either way, she's just glad that for once in her life, her status as an heiress is the topic of any conversation.

"It's not his fault that he got injured. If there's any problems, I'll even be the witness and testify if it goes to court. Not just that, but there's also the security footage. So don't forget that."

Tiffany was deeply touched by Jessica's concern for the old man. "Jessica."

"Huh?"

"Don't worry. I'll take care of it. I promise."

Jessica felt relieved upon hearing Tiffany's promise and stopped talking right away. "Thanks Tiffany. Let's go inside before it gets colder."

But just as Tiffany walked up the steps, she lost her footing but fortunately, Jessica caught her in time. 

"You need to be more careful." Jessica instructed in a soft voice as she kept an arm draped around Tiffany's waist to support her. Tiffany blushed at the sudden close proximity and tured her head away. Jessica helped Tiffany stand up but kept her arms around Tiffany's waist. 

"I'll hold you until we get to the top. It may only be a few steps, but I don't want to risk another accident." Jessica stated, keeping her eyes in the front as she slowly walked with Tiffany. "This is why I hate wearing heels."

"Heels are a woman's best friend."

"Oh yeah? Tell me if you still believe that when you get a sprained ankle from wearing heels."

"Don't jinx it. And what do you have against heels?"

"I'm not jinxing anything and I have nothing against heels. I just find it uncomfortable. What do you have against bicycles?"

"What? I have nothing against bicycles!"

"Says the one that looked at my precious bike in disgust."

"I did not!"

"Then why did you look so disappointed?"

Tiffany stopped in tracks when they got to the top of the stairs, not knowing how to answer Jessica. But she must answer in a way to not make her look like a creep that wanted to feel Jessica against her....nevermind...that already sounded disturbing.

"I'm waiting."

*ring ring*

Yes! Saved by Mr. Nam!!!!

"Who is it?"

"It's my chauffeur. He's on his way back now." 

"That's great. But we should still wait inside. The hospital is about 15 minutes from here and its getting cold."

"And that's a problem because?"

Jessica used her arm to gesture Tiffany from head to toe. "You can get sick wearing these clothes. So let's go inside for now."

"Aww...you're worried for me? Could it be that you are attracte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter