Heart Flutters

Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for all the comments :D I enjoyed reading them and I'm glad all of you like my story. Comments encourage me to just write more. lol. My old laptop crashed so I'm using a new one. Might be a bit funky. Oh wells...enjoy. :D:D

No editing done.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“DROP DOWN AND GIVE ME 20!! JESSICA YOU DO 40!”

Immediately, Yuri, Sooyoung, Sunny and Jessica laid flat on their stomachs and began to do their push-ups.

 

“I don’t know how much more I can take.” Sunny groaned. “10-11…”

 

“At least we won’t die.” Sooyoung tried to cheer up the others although her eyes were looking forward the whole time. “Mama Jung is furious that Jessica lied to her about the-the suicidal friend.”

 

“I-I’m still tired from-from jogging.” Yuri inputted as sweat ran down her face. “It’s so-so hot. 15-16…”

 

“Shut-shut up. I have it worse.” Jessica argued as her friends fell flat on their stomachs after finishing their 20 push-ups. “21…22…23…”

 

Sooyoung, Yuri and Sunny let out a chuckle as they looked at Jessica in pity. Jessica has been receiving double the work this entire punishment.

 

“DID I SAY YOU GUYS CAN REST?! RUN 6 LAPS UP AND DOWN THE STEPS!”

 

“What????” Sunny slowly got up and looked at the steps in the distance. It was so many steps…so so many. “I hate the mountains.”

 

“We better hurry before we have to run more.”

 

“Done!!!” Jessica shouted in bliss when she fell flat on her stomach a little after.

 

Mama Jung saw this and clapped her hands. “Good job Jessica. Now join your friends and run 12 laps. Now!!!!”

 

“I’m so glad today is our last day before we return to civilization.” Sooyoung remarked with happiness as she jogged to the mountain steps with her friends.

 

“I’m sure someone can’t wait to see a special someone.” Sunny nudged Jessica playfully.

 

“Hm.” Jessica merely mumbled in reply, earning light chuckles from her friends.

 

“Admit it. You miss Tiffany.” Yuri added with a knowing smile.

 

“Shut up.”

 

“YAH!! DO YOU WANT ME TO GIVE YOU MORE LAPS?!!”

 

“NO MA’AM!!”

“THEN HUSTLE YOUR MUSCLE NOW!!!” Mama Jung yelled as she got off her bike and sat down in the shade to enjoy her nice, ice cold drink. “Ah…this was a good choice. Taking them away for the weekend for this retreat is so relaxing and calm.” She applauded herself as she proudly observed Jessica and her friends running.

 

Mama Jung placed the speaker phone against to utter the next instructions: “500 KICKS AND PUNCHES AFTERWARDS!!!”

 

"But!" They all protested.

 

"DON'T MAKE ME ANGRY!!!!"

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

“TIFFANY!!!”

 

Tiffany’s grasp on her phone immediately loosened as soon as she heard that loud yell of her name. And then her room door swung open and there stood her Michelle…her one and only older sister.

 

“My room is right next to yours. Do you have to really scream my name that loud?” Tiffany angrily muttered, picking up her phone again, careful to not move her sprained ankle too much. Michelle merely shrugged her shoulders before skipping happily to Tiffany.

 

“Hey baby sis. Any luck from your lover?”

 

Tiffany shook her head sadly and looked at her sister with a frown. “It’s been two days unnie. Jessica hasn’t returned any of my calls or texts.”

 

“Tiffany. You need to stop and give her the space she needs. Don’t make yourself look like such a desperate woman.” Michelle advised with a soft smile. “I don’t want anyone to be gossiping about you.”

 

“But it was all my fault! And I can care less about what people say about me. If it wasn’t for me, Jessica would have never fainted and-”

 

“Whoa there!” Michelled held Tiffany by her shoulders to calm her down. “In my opinion, everything happened because of lack of communication and a misunderstanding. So if you really want to blame someone, then blame the both of you.”

 

“I’m just…just concerned.” Tiffany admitted in defeat. “If only I didn’t sprain my ankle…”

 

“What’s done is done. Did you talk to CL about Minzy?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“So why did Minzy attack you in the first place?”

 

“Minzy thought CL left her for me. But the truth of the matter is that Minzy’s father never liked CL, considering her background. And CL didn’t want to be the one to ruin Minzy’s relationship with her family, so she lied to Minzy that she never liked her.”

 

Michelle nodded her head in understanding. “So, CL has been dating Minzy for how long?”

 

“They weren’t dating officially. Minzy was the one who pursued CL and CL eventually had mutual feelings but her status as an illegitimate child posed as a big problem. So CL, without my permission, made me look like the woman CL had left Minzy for. You understand?”

 

“I sure do. It’s amazing what love can do to a person.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“They apologized to you?”

 

Tiffany chuckled. “Both of them apologized to me the next day after the incident. And I forgave them. Although I warned CL to talk to me before she decides to use me as a pawn in her problem. Or else I will teach her a lesson she won’t forget.”

 

“I see. That’s good to know. Anyways, I just came to check how you were doing. Remember to not move your ankle too much for the next few days. If you need anything, let me know alright?”

 

“One more thing. Yoona doesn’t know where Yuri and the rest has disappeared to too?”

 

“Nope. Apparently, their parents won’t tell Yoona and Hyomin their daughters’ location.”

 

“Oh..freaky.”

 

“Yep.”

 

“Okay. Well, I’ll be next door if you need me.”

 

“Thank you.” Tiffany smiled at her sister gratefully. “Good night.”

 

--------------------------------------

“MICHELLE!!!!!!!”

 

Michelle sprang up from her sleep right away to see an overly excited Tiffany standing at the foot of her bed and staring at her with a grin. She looked at her alarm clock to see that it was only 11am.

 

“Ugh…” She groaned tiredly and laid back down to get some sleep she desperately needed. “Get out and let me go back to sleep.”

 

But Tiffany had other plans. Tiffany pulled the blanket off of Michelle and shook her sister until the latter had no choice but to wake up.

 

“Wae?!!” The sleep deprived woman raised her voice, eyes barely opened as she struggled to keep up with Tiffany who had now pulled her to her feet and dragging her to the bathroom. “Today’s my day off! Let me do what I want!!!” She complained as Tiffany handed her the toothbrush.

 

“It’s a wonderful day!!”

 

“How so?”

 

“JESSICA’S BACK!!!!” Tiffany blurted out the happy news and clasped her hands together while Michelle just looked at her blankly.

 

“Okay…so?” Michelle asked, as she started to brush her teeth without a care. Her annoying bratty sister was nagging her. What so wonderful about that?

 

“I have to see her!!”

 

Michelle spit out the foam and gurgled the water in before spitting it out again. After repeating the routine another two times, she grabbed the towel on the side and wiped .

 

“What does this have to do with me?”

 

“I need you to take me to her café.” Tiffany explained, sitting next to her sister on the bed.

 

“Please? Please take me.”

 

“Who told you that she’s back?”

 

“Sunny had called Hyomin and she told me. Now can we go?” Tiffany asked, getting impatient as Michelle remained seated on her spot, refusing to move. “Hello???”

 

“What’s in it for me?” Michelle asked with a smirk, confusing Tiffany.

 

“What is that suppose to mean? You told me if I ever needed anything to ask you.” Tiffany stated in a matter of factly tone with her arms crossed.

 

“Yeah. I did.” Michelle muttered, looking at her nails with utmost interest. “But that’s not fair. I mean, shouldn’t I get a reward for being such an awesome sister?”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and huffed air to her banes in annoyance. She should have known better…her sister could be so annoying! Michelle being too nice should have been a red flag….

 

“Fine! I’ll do what you want but first! You have to take me to the café now!!!”

 

-----------------------------------

 

“Boss!!!”

 

Jessica smiled at her employees the moment she entered the café and was surrounded by their embrace and happy greetings.

 

“How’s everything going here?” Jessica asked, as she examined her café carefully, making sure nothing was wrong or out of the ordinary. “Good I hope?”

 

Soyu nodded her head. “Everything’s great. Business has been smooth these past two days.”

 

“Hm.” Jessica nodded her head. “Hopefully my substitute has been treating you guys good? Did she torture any of you?”

 

“Yah! Jessica Jung. What is that suppose to mean?” A voice was heard not far from where Jessica was standing. Jessica looked at the woman in front of her with a poker face and crossed her arms.

 

“You guys can go back to work. I’ll deal with this monster.”

 

Jessica’s employees complied with the instructions and as soon as they dispersed, Jessica made her way over to the slightly shorter, red-hair woman standing in front of her with a wide grin.

 

“Welcome back. How do you feel? Liberating perhaps?”

 

“Shut up Krystal.” Jessica stated, taking a seat on the empty table near the window. She sighed and rested her head on top of her folded arms. “I’m sore, exhausted, and sore. And did I mention exhausted?”

 

Krystal chuckled and sat on the seat across from her sister. “Was mother that hard on you?”

 

“Double the work. Double the pain.”

 

Krystal’s eyes widened and then she broke out laughing again. Jessica looked at Krystal in disgust…what a horrible sister. Yeah…Krystal was her unsympathetic and dork of a sister.

 

“Yah. I’m here in pain and you’re just laughing at me?”

 

“Yeah. What did you expect?” Krystal innocently asked, still having fits of giggles here and there. “That I will hug you and coax you when you return? You wish.” She ended her statement with a scoff.

 

“Cheongmal…” Jessica looked at her sister in disbelief. “How did you end up being my sister?”

 

“Hmm…” Krystal tapped her chin with her finger. “I asked myself that question everyday when I see you. How did such a wonderful and beautiful person such as myself end up with you as a sister?”

 

“Aigoo.” Jessica reached over and gently knocked Krystal’s forehead with her knuckles. She chuckled seeing Krystal rubbed that spot. “Thanks for watching the store for me when I was absent.”

 

“No problem. I enjoy watching and knowing you suffer.”

 

“Yah!” Jessica snapped in anger, much to Krystal’s glee. Krystal was having so much fun in teasing her sister. It was the best thing ever.

 

“Where are the others?”

 

“Ah…they went back to our house to get our stuff. I told them to drop me off here.”

 

Krystal nodded her head in understanding and then she suddenly leaned forward, making Jessica feel grossed out. “Say…”

 

“Wae?”

 

“Mother told me you had another panic attack at the aquarium. Why were you even there in the first place? And what happened?”

 

Jessica used her finger to push back Krystal’s head before answering. “Must I tell you?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Why?”

 

Krystal huffed and looked at Jessica in disbelief. “Yah! I’m your sister! I deserve to know.”

 

“No you don’t.” Jessica retorted, laying her head back down in her arms. “Leave me alone so I can take a short nap.”

 

“Does it have anything to do with Tiffany?”

 

Jessica whipped her head up so fast when she heard Tiffany’s name that not only Krystal, but even Jessica, was surprised as how fast her reflex can be at the mere mention of Tiffany.

 

“How do you know Tiffany?” She narrowed her eyes at Krystal with suspicion as she leaned closer to whisper. “Did dad tell you about her?”

 

Krystal gave a sly smile in return. “Wae? Is she your girlfriend?”

 

Jessica pursed her lips together in a scowl and shook her head. “No. She’s a friend.” It is a surprise that Jessica felt a sense of bitterness when she said that. Well, Jessica was just stating the facts. Tiffany obviously didn’t want anything to do with her at the party after what Jessica did to her.

 

“Really?” Krystal said, narrowing her eyes at Jessica, to show that she does not believe such words at all. “Then why did she show up yesterday claiming to be your girlfriend?”

 

“She what?!!!!!” Jessica exclaimed, causing people to look at her. “She said that?” Jessica continued, not caring about the stares that she had just gotten. It’s not like they’re going to stare at her forever or something. And yep…she was right.

 

Krystal simply nodded her head. “She sure did.”

 

“Did you tell her who you were?”

 

“No. I just told her that I’m an employee here.”

 

“Oh…”
 

“So, are you going to tell me or not?”

 

“Can I tell you later? I’m really tired. I went through two days of torture and hell.” Jessica tiredly reasoned as she fell back down on the table. “Okay?”

 

“Fine. But you promise!”

 

“Yeah yeah.” Jessica then stood up, not feeling comfortable sleeping at the table. “You know what? I’m going to sleep in my office. Yeah…I miss my sofa.” Jessica dreamily said as her office door suddenly glowed in white light in front of her. Of course, that was all in Jessica’s view. Poor girl was just so, so, tired…and the light was just too tempting. Whoever said to not follow the white light was ridiculous….

 

Krystal looked at her unnie weirdly before pushing her off in the right direction. “Just go before you get all grumpy and crazy.”

 

“I shall! Sleep, here I come!!” But before Jessica could even take a step to the everlasting light illuminated through her office door, she was held back by Krystal. So currently, Jessica had her back turned to Krystal.

 

“Ugh!! Waeyo?!!” Jessica asked in frustration, the potential everlasting slumber was just before her…why is Krystal holding her back now??

 

“Your girlfriend is here.”

 

“Sorry. I have no girlfriend. Now let me go.” But Krystal only held on tighter, annoying Jessica.

 

“Krystal. Let me go. I want to sleep.”

 

“Tiffany is here again to see you. And since you’re here, go and say hi.”

 

“No.”

 

“Either you go now or I call mom and tell her Tiffany is here. I’m sure mother will love to see Tiffany after what happened.”

 

Oh no!!! The light was starting to dim, much to Jessica’s horror. How can Krystal do this to her?!! Jessica looked at her office door and then back at  Krystal in utmost disbelief. WAE?!!!!!

 

Jessica quickly took a peek over her shoulder and sure enough, Tiffany was sitting at a table not far away from her and has not noticed Jessica. But Tiffany wasn’t alone.

 

“Huh? She brought a friend this time.” Krystal remarked, addressing the same question that was in Jessica’s mind. “More reason for you to go over and make sure Tiffany isn’t cheating on you.”

 

“Krystal. I’m not dating her.”

 

“Hm…you’re right. In that case, you better make sure no one is trying to steal her away from you.”

 

“Such an honor goes to you Krystal. Bye.” But before Jessica could even turn back to leave, Krystal grabbed her by the shoulders, turned her around and yelled out Tiffany’s name.

 

“TIFFANY!!!” there goes Krystal’s loud voice.

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…..Jessica turned her head back once again at her office door and the bright light that was calling out for her earlier had disappeared completely. Poof…it was gone..Gone!!!!!

 

“Wae? Why must this happen to me?” Jessica sadly muttered to herself, her attention fully back to her office door. This wasn’t suppose to happen…Jessica was suppose to be asleep now, in the comfort of her sofa. Life is not fair…

 

“Jessica?”

 

And there goes the voice that Jessica has found herself missing for the past couple of days. Jessica sighed before turning around to face the one person she has been on her mind the past few days.

 

“Hello Tiffany. It’s been awhile.”

 

And when all she got was an eye-smile in return, Jessica knew right away that her much needed sleep will be delayed again for a long time. But! She will see the bright light of slumber again…she just knows it!

 

---------------------------------

 

 “How have you been?” Tiffany figured the best way to start a conversation after their last bad impression was to just begin with an open question.

 

“Fine.”

 

“Oh. Okay. That’s great to hear.” Tiffany retorted with a fake smile before mumbling some incoherent things to herself. Jessica was suppose to ‘Fine. How are you Tiffany?’ so that the conversation can continue. But noooo….Jessica just had to end it with a one word answer.

 

“You’re Tiffany’s older sister Michelle. Am I right?”

 

“Huh?” Tiffany looked up and glanced at Jessica then at her sister when she heard Jessica’s question. Oh sh*t! She was so absorbed in her own thoughts that she forgot to introduce her sister to Jessica!

 

Michelle simply smiled and nodded her head. “I sure am.”

 

Jessica slowly stood up and bowed 90 degrees, surprising Michelle. “I apologize for my rudeness. It is a pleasure to finally meet you. I’m Jessica Jung.” Jessica stood up straight again and expressed her apology.

 

Michelle looked at her sister in confusion but all she got was a look of ‘Yep…that’s how she is’ from Tiffany. Tiffany simply shrugged it off. Michelle nodded her head in understanding before returning the bow to Jessica. “I’m Michelle Hwang. It is fine so please, sit down.”

 

“So Jessica. What is your relationship with my sister?”

 

“Friends.” Jessica retorted and seeing that Tiffany was going to protest, Jessica added another statement for finality. “Strictly friends.” She enunciated on the ‘strictly’ word, earning a frown from Tiffany.

 

Michelle realized this but pretended she had not noticed the serious atmosphere between her sister and Jessica. Although Jessica was a natural at appearing serious and professional. Upon noticing the gloomy disposition of Tiffany, Michelle decided to step in and help her little sister a bit.

 

“Excuse me.” Michelle excused herself and answered her phone out of the blue. Since Jessica sat on the opposite side, she didn’t notice that Michelle never received a phone call. As a result, Jessica simply nodded her head to show that she was excused. But Tiffany knew that Michelle was pretending since she was right next to her older sister.

 

“What do you mean there was a mistake on the annual financial report?” Michelle faked a serious expression and anger. “I will come over right now.” After hang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter