Chapter Six

Can We Be Friends?

Few days later she came once again this time she wasn't alone. Chanyeol came in behind her. As they saw the sleeping figure lay sprawled on the hospital bed was their best friend, they look at each other with worry.

"Oppa...what do we do to convince him?"

"Don't worry okay. You just sit and stay silent. I'll handle him okay?"

Chanyeol kissed Pei Ling's forehead and sat her down on the couch. She look up at him and he smiled at her with assurance. He went to Lu Han's sleeping figure and woke him up.

"Hyung"

Lu Han stirred a bit moved to the other side his back facing the both of them. Chanyeol sighed and looked at Pei Ling who smiled and nodded

"Try again oppa"

Chanyeol tried once again nudging the elder boy a few times before an irritated Lu Han turned around to face Chanyeol and Pei Ling shocking both of them

"What? Didn't you see I'm trying to sleep here? God so annoying!"

Pei Ling looked at Lu Han sadly

"Lu Hannie oppa......stop being so mean"

He turned to face both of them scowling

"Then why don't both of you leave!"

"Hyung please stop being stubborn and listeh to us"

"JUST GET OUT!"

"NO!! YOU LISTEN TO US HYUNG! We can't stand you being this way. We want to help you but you are not helping yourself! You have a good chance to live hyung! You get a good heart. Please! If not for me, do it for Pei Ling. She's miserable seeing you like this"

Pei Ling was sobbing behind him wiping her tears but gave up as she continue on crying her eyes out. She couldn't bear seeing Lu Han's depressed state anymore. She couldn't understand why he was pushing everyone out from his life when he was lucky enough to start a new one with a new heart. But Lu Han was being stubborn. She couldn't stand it any longer.

Chanyeol took a glance at his fiancee and saw her crying as he walk towards her sat down next to her wiping her tears with a tissue. He took a glance at Lu han who remained unmoved from the bed.

"I hope you're happy hyung. You promised to never make her cry, especially to me"

They heard a grunt and saw Lu Han glaring at them by the bed. His doe eyes full of anger. The both of them don't understand him at all. Why he's acting so strange ever since he came back from Beijing. Wondering why Chanyeol took a chance to ask

"Why are you acting this way hyung? Aren't you happy?"

The older boy continue on glaring at him and made a snarky answer

"It's none of your business Park Chanyeol. Now get out before I call the nurse!"

As Chanyeol held onto Pei Ling who was silently crying beside him, he took one last glance at the elder boy who was now staring into a blank space facing the wall as he sighed and soon the both of them left Lu Han alone once again. They tried and finally the admit defeat. They gave up on convincing Lu Han.That night was a miserable moment for the both of them as silence became a norm in their shared apartment.No words being said as they were too exhausted from the day's event as they both rested for the day.

Until a phone call came in as they received a very shocking news. Lu Han had a heart attack and doctor informed his parents that he might not make it for the night. Chanyeol and Pei Ling rushed back to the hospital and saw the most saddest thing that has ever happened to them. Lu Han was being revived by the doctors. They were silently praying everything will be alright.

Lu Han's parents were talking to the doctor in who was in charge of Lu Han's case and their expressions weren't showing any kind of good news. His mom was crying in her husband's arms and soon they nodded as they signed some papers. Chanyeol saw them and wondered what the papers was soon found out it was the forms for the surgery.

Chanyeol prayed while holding Pei Ling as the clock ticking . Minutes turns to hours soon the light of the Operation Theater turned off and the doctor came out with good news smiling at Lu Han's parents

"The surgery was a success. The patient is wheeled to a new room now. Just ask the nurse which room he is staying. But only two visitors at one time can visit him."

The expressions of his parents were thankful and relief as they shook hands leaving the hallway. Chanyeol smiled at Pei Ling who was fast asleep on his lap. He soon realized something, but to afraid to make a conclusion. He decided to wait for the right time. For now is to see Lu Han and that's all that matters.

What will happen next? Stay tuned to find out!