Chapter Five

Can We Be Friends?

Lu Han's condition worsen as the days passed him by. He stayed in the hospital refusing to see anyone, even his own parents. Pei Ling and Chanyeol as well came to visit but was informed that Lu Han doesn't want to have any visitors. With disappointment they left. Pei Ling knew Lu Han is in pain. But she was truly clueless of the real reason why he's shunning out everyone from his life.

He kept to himself and ate only a little. His condition worsen growing bitter whenever the doctor and nurses comes in as he throw out his anger at them. Lu Han doesn't care. He just screamed and yelled out

"JUST LET ME DIE! I DESERVED TO DIE!"

They ended up having to sedate him to calm him down which made him numb as he lay in bed crying soon after. He was giving up in everything in his life. He forgotten how much the pain and suffering he was had gone through over the years he had this disease. Dying was a slow and agonizing process for him wishing it'd go faster so he doesn't have to hurt the ones he loved the most anymore than it had.

As he dwell into his depressed state he fell into a disturbed sleep that constantly he wished he'd never ever wake up. His state of mind made him insane and somewhat want to commit suicide which often causes the nurse and doctors to panic and restrain him from doing so.

One day it all changed when Pei Ling came alone with a basket full of his favorite fruits. She was hesitant to knock and opened the door, to face him but soon with enough courage she did so and saw him lying down facing the window looking out into the clear blue sky.

"Lu Hannie oppa"

He was shocked as he turned around facing the one person who he wished he'd never love, never hurt ever in his life right in front of him. He turn back facing the window.

"Why are you here? You shouldn't be here!"

She was dumbfounded by his tone of voice, slightly hurt. She braced herself and placed the basket onto the table. She sat down close to him despite the fact that his back his facing her she decided to say something.

"Oppa......how are you?"

"Not fine..."

She gulped by the bitter words

"Oppa...."

"I told you to leave.. You shouldn't be here! What if everyone talk about us. You are getting married right? Be happy with Chanyeol and leave me alone"

Pei Ling has had enough. She stood up went to face him by the window her face red, hair tied up neatly as she look at him and her expression soften. She knelt down holding onto her hand which he pull back turn to face another way avoiding her.

"Leave me alone Pei Ling...."

"Oppa...."

"I SAID LEAVE! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"Lu Han oppa...."

She ran to facing him lie on top of him hug him tight crying

"I won't leave you. Please oppa! Please! There's still a change for you to live. There's a heart for you! Please oppa! Please!"

Lu Han got up pushed her aside and walked towards the bathroom

"Just leave Pei Ling before come back. Please. I'm begging you"

Soon he disappeared into the bathroom as he fell onto the tile flooring his chest as he cried. The tears fell down like rain and soon after he knew it he fell into a whole world of darkness once again.