Chapter 11

Can We Be Friends?

That night he slept on his bed thinking of the conversation he had earlier with Pei Ling and Chanyeol. He couldn't stop thinking of what they were saying which surpises him so much after coming back.

"Oppa....please don't leave please"

"Pei Ling...I can't stay here...and besides you have Chanyeol. Isn't he your husband?"

She look up their eyes met and she chuckled

"Oppa...me and Channie oppa didn't get married"

Lu Han was surprised

"Mwo? Why? I thought your parents wanted both of you to get married? What happened?"

Pei Ling sat up properly and held his hand

"We decided that we aren't meant to be together after all."

"W-what do you mean?"

Now it was Chanyeol's turn to say something.

"I always thought that she was too attached to you from the beginning of us three being together so when I saw her crying after you threw us out that day when you first came back we thought we were being punished. We talked for awhile and that day when she came back with your box full of things from the trash she was crying nonstop and it soon come to me that it was not me whom she loved, it was you. She was crying for you. I knew that day on we can't get married. So our relationship remains the same as I treat her like a little sister"

"The letter?"

Chanyeol nodded. She read it. Kept it in her diary. Everytime she read it she'll cry."

Pei Ling was already blushing playfully hit Chanyeol's arm as she shyly buries her head on Lu Han's chest

"Oppa."

"Yes Ling Ling?"

"Will you stay?"

The question lingered as he look out the window. Chanyeol brought Pei Ling home as he stayed in his room thinking of what the possibilities of him staying forever

"What do I do?"

Soon he falls into a deep and peaceful sleep not knowing what will happen tomorrow.

Next day

Lu Han ate breakfast with his parents and was surprised by Pei Ling who came in with her parents. They greeted each other and Lu Han bowed to her parents. He felt awkward after yelling at then three years ago.

"Auntie, Uncle how are you?"

"We're well Lu Han dear. How about you? How is your company?"

Lu Han smiled and answered

"It's quite good but you know in business is never easy right baba?"

His father nodded with a smile

"Well we wished you to more success in the future. So are you in any relationship?"

The question caught him off guard making him choke on his juice that he was currently drinking.

"N-no....I am too busy to be in a relationship"

"Really? Then are you going to be single your whole life?"

"Well, I have been thinking but I can't seem to settle down.."

"I see"

"Well what do you think of Pei Ling?"

At that moment everything was silent as Pei Ling blushed and Lu Han smiled.

"Maybe if she can accept me"

She blushed once more and it made him want to pinch her. He winked instead making her blush even more.

"Well then lets see then"

Lu Han knew this was just the beginning for him and Pei Ling as their story just begun.

"Can We Be Friends?"

"Sure! We'll be friends"