Chapter Three

Can We Be Friends?

The couple were smiling happily holding hands firmly and it made Lu Han slightly jealous of them. His eyes never left the girl whom he has falen for many years ago. He remembered when he has realized he has fallen for his best friend. He slowly ate his food avoiding the couple and the parents keeping his silence.

"So Lu Han, how was life in Beijing?"

Lu Han smiled at them and answered

"It was good. The weather is really erractic and the streets are busy as usual. My time there was brief but it was quite eventful"

"That's good to hear. How are your grandparents? Are they well?"

Lu Han smiled sadly and answered

"No unfortunately they both passed away three months ago due to the illness that had been spreaded around lately. Not to sure from where was the source but unfortunately they were too weak and soon they passed on. RIght now I am the only one who's inherited their home and their property are all under my name."

"So how about your job there? Was it great working there?"

"Well you know working there gave me a rather unusual experiences. But I'm here now."

"Really? That's good to hear. So how long will you be here this time?"

Lu Han looked at the couple who were teasing each other whilst feeding each other and smiled, sadness in his eyes

"Not long...just till my two best friends wedding and I'll be off to Beijing again to settle some things with the real estate agent there regarding the house"

There were matching nods and pregnant silence as the only sounds was coming from the sound of the grandfather clock. Lu Han finished his dinner and waited till the others were done soon smiled at his two best friends, especially to the one girl he fell in love with.

Their eyes met and she smiled at him, a dimple on her adorable cheeks made he want to pinch her so much but with self control he remain calm and smiled back at her.

Her smiled melted him but as soon as she turned her head to face her fiancee, Chanyeol his heart broke as he looked away. He felt bitter, and empty inside as he knew the girl he loved will never love him. He made that decision ever since he saw them at the airport.

Soon dinner was finally over and all the plates were taken away by the maids and butlers, as they proceed to the lounge where they sat across from each other and talk business and regarding the economy. It was all peaceful as they all retreated to their rooms for a good night sleep.

Lu Han organized his clothes in the closet and sat down on his bed, sighing he looked out the window and saw the full moon. He felt a dull pain in his chest as he reached for his pills and his almost empty bottled of water.

He coughed as he swallowed it and laid down on the bed eyes still not moving from the moon. He wondered what it would feel like to be staying on the moon. He shake his head and soon eyes tired from lack of sleep fell into a deep comforting slumber dreaming of their past memories together as best of friends. Just the three of them.

FLASHBACK

Lu Han, Chanyeol and Pei Ling were at their school festival. It was a wonderful day for them as they walk around laughing and teasing each other

"OPPA! I want ice-cream!"

"Arraso! For our princess anytime"

"YAY!!!"

"Aigoo hyung you are really spoiling Ling Ling"

"What? Can't I? I don't exactly have a little sister so I treat her like my own little sister. Sheesh"

The other boy chuckled as he watch Pei Ling jumping around in joy as she ran to where the ice-cream booth was. Lu Han took out his wallet as Chanyeol joined them both and ordered an ice-cream cone.

They walked along the pavement of where the tents were and went inside the classroom where there are maid cafes for one class and a haunted house for another. Chanyeol laughed as Lu Han went in and came out pale and face full of fear. Yes, it was a wonderful day for them and that day Lu Han decided to tell Pei Ling how he truly feels. But it all was too late when he saw her kissing Chanyeol nearby the girl's bathroom. He knew that day he lost the girl he loved by his best friend and knew it was all too late for him to say a word.

END OF FLASHBACK

Lu Han woke up, feeling a weight on his chest as he quickly grasps for his pills and a glass of water. He was clutching the water when he felt lightheaded and soon his world turned dark once again.