Chapter 10

Can We Be Friends?

Three Years Later:

Lu Han became a successful businessman after building up his own company using his grandfather's property as a start and soon as he settled in once again and soon enough he became the top three most successful entrepreneur in Beijing.  He decided not to settle down as his reason whenever there were many busybody reporters ask him his answer would always be the same

"I'm too busy running a business to think about commitments"

Eventhough the painful truth was he doesn't want what had happened in the past repeats itself again. He doesn't want to open his now cold heart to anyone. As his reason was actually the truth he commits his life on his business.

He, over the past three years he only visits his family once, every year for the Lunar New Year. He doesn't even stay overnight as he know he'll get to meet people that he wished to never meet ever again. But fate has other plans for him.

This is the third year since he left the country and only visit for a day to visit his parents for the Lunar New Year. Arriving at an early flight as he was passing through various passengers and their famiilies

As he was walking around the terminal towards the exit he accidentally bumped into someone. Someone unexpected.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!"

Lu Han was now covered in cold orange bubble tea as he glared at the person realizing it was the one person he'd never wish to meet ever again. The person look up and saw him

"Lu Han oppa?!"

There were silence between them before she jumped on him crying her eyes out. Bawling causing everyone around them looking at them.

"O-oppa! P-please don't leave!"

Pei Ling was dangling on him like a monkey as he try as he might to pry her off of him. Until a pair of arms caught hold of her.

"That's enough Pei Ling. This couldn't be Lu Han. He's gone for three years now. Let's go"

Pei Ling look up into Lu Han's eyes as she ran back to him hugging him tight

"Oppa..I know it's you! Please tell Channie oppa it's you! Please"

She was begging and Lu Han couldn't resist

"Pei Ling....or is that your name? I don't know you. I'm here on a quick business trip. A meeting actually and I have to rush home to my family"

He knew lying was the best thing that would do. He done it once and he can do it once again. Pei Ling silently let go of him and soon followed Chanyeol. She look back towards him and Lu Han met into her eyes. He felt the same certain sadness she had felt as well but he knew it was for the best. Because she already belongs to someone else and it's best to do this.

He look at his watch and saw the time. He quickly rushed out of the terminal and into a taxi soon was on his way towards his family mansion. It was still the same. Well kept and clean. As soon as he arrived he gave his bag to the senior butler, Joonmyeon and soon was escorted to the lounge where his parents were wearing red.

"Hello mama, baba! I'm back"

"Lu Han dear! You're here! Baobei! He's here!"

"Welcome home son! How was the flight?"

"Packed as usual! I'm tired."

"Well it'd be best if you'd stay overnight"

Lu Han rolled his eyes at his mother's suggestion

"Mama you know I can't. I am very busy. I have an important meeting with my investors tomorrow for the upcoming project"

He could see his mother's eyes fell, disappointed once again. This always happens every single year. Coming back would always made him feel guilty as he knew he'll ended up disappointing his parents yet again.

"Ah here son! An ang pau for you"

He took it and took out two ang pau's from his jacket. He gave each one to his parents and soon receiving a kiss from them each. They were happy their family are reunited yet again but it is only for a short period of time.

Lu Han soon had dinner with his parents and enjoying their time together. But as he arrived he must say goodbye as it was time to go. He got back his bag, was kissed by his mother and a hug from his father soon he was leaving the mansion only to see a car coming in and realized who's car it belonged to. He quickly went inside the car but he was too late as he was spotted

"Lu Han oppa?"

Lu Han ignored the girl looking away from the window and concentrated on his phone in his hand.

"Lu Han oppa! Please I know it's you! You can't lie to me! Please!"

Pei Ling was knocking desperately onto the window. Lu Han grew irritated as he turned to see her crying once again and his anger faded once again. He knew he ocouldn't stand it any longer and told the chaffeur to leave now

He saw never look behind him the devastated Pei Ling crying on her knees as Chanyeol got her up from the gravel as they watch the car leave. Then at the gate the car stopped and someone opened the door as Lu Han came out. Pei Ling watched as he saw him running towards her hugging her. Chanyeol stood there dumbfounded.

"O-oppa?"

"Pei Ling....don't cry. I'm here"

He hugged her as he closed his eyes, knowing he will truly regret his decision to stay. But he knew it's for the best as he can't run away any longer and seeing her cry breaks his heart every single time.

"I'm sorry Pei Ling. I am so sorry"

That day Lu Han decided to stay for awhile despite the reality that will be obvious soon enough. What will happen next? Stay tuned to find out.