Chapter Nine

Can We Be Friends?

Pei Ling came that very night as she want to try one last time. She couldn't stop the tears while in the hospital but decided to brace herself and come and see Lu Han asking him why he was acting cold towards everyone around him. She saw his bedroom window already opened and saw him climbing out. She wanted to call him but her heart told her not to. As she watched he jumped down and ran out of the house she realized she was too late.

She decided to linger around and saw the trash bin and a box. She became curious as she saw there was a letter on it. She took it home and opened it to find something.Taking out the letter from the envelope she started to read the letter.

Dear Pei Ling,

I know writing a letter is kind of cheesy but well here goes. I like you. No I loved you. Always. Ever since I saw you at the playground when we were kids I couldn't stop loving you. At first it was as a brother who wants to protect his little sister but then as the years went by I have fallen deeply in love with you. You have no idea how many times I wanted to smack myself silly and just tell you how I feel. I hope this is not the kind of confession that you kind of wanted but hey at least I tried. I hope you will accept me and love me as much as I loved you. I give you all my heart always and forever to you Ng Pei Ling. Always. Saranghamnida.

Lots of Love,

Lu Han.

She wiped the tears that has fallen down from her eyes, a few droplets were already on the letter. She placed it on the bed and rummaged through the box. Inside she found teddybears,a charm bracelet with a heart in the middle, a bouquet of fake flowers and a velvet box that has a set of ring and necklace in them both have shape of a deer inside it. She cried once again clutching onto the items as she soon falls into a deep sleep. She didn't see Chanyeol who was standing outside the bedroom door watching her and realized the tears she shed was once again for the one person who truly loved her the most.

Making the right decision he called his parents and told them his decision

"Eomma. Appa. I think I want to cancel the wedding"

"Mwo?Why now son? What are you talking about?"

"Son don't make rash decisions like this"

"I made up my mum eomma appa. I can't stand to see Pei Ling crying anymore. I think it's for the best"

"Andwae!"

He look up from his phone and saw Pei Ling who woken up to go to the bathroom as she slapped him

"Oppa! Don't! Please! Don't leave me like Lu Han oppa did. Please"

She was crying once again as he hugged her comforting her as she was sobbing onto his shirt making it wet. He closed his eyes and wondered what to do. Then he heard his parents said something that shocked the both of them.

"We'll speed up the wedding. It will be next week. No changes"

They hung up the phone as the couple look at each other too shocked to realized their wedding will be held soon. He look into her eyes and saw tears running down once again

"I'm sorry Pei Ling. I really am sorry"

Pei Ling wiped the tears away and looked at him

"It's okay. I loved you and you loved me first. Let's just be happy together okay oppa?"

Chanyeol was surprised. Pei Ling has changed into a more matured woman. He knew he made the right decision on asking her to marry him. But he still wondered about Lu Han and him changed after coming back from Beijing. He really wondered too about the letter and the box Pei Ling has gone through in her room. He hope one day someday at least he will receive answers.

Beijing 12.30am

Lu Han has arrived at his grandparents house which he inherited and look up into the full moon up above. He let out a soft sigh and soon closed his eyes. He decided to move on after all. He felt his heart beating fast and hope it means good news. Who knew that it was just the beginning.

What will happen next? Stay tuned to find out.