Prologue

Can We Be Friends?

AN: Italics are flashbacks

[FLASHBACK]

It all began at a small neighbourhood. Three friends were playing ar a small playground nearby their homes. One is a seven year old goes by the name of Lu Han. With deer like features he's the oldest of the three friends and a sort of protecter for the two youngest friends. Another boy who is second oldest is cute adorable, with his chubby cheeks and playful smile he is the carefree one between them and his name is Park Chanyeol and he is only five years old. Finally the maknae for the trio is a cute little girl with pigtails and a cute smile. Only with one smile she could charm anyone's hearts even an old lady. Her name is Ng Pei Ling and she is four years old.

The three of them have been inseparable ever since they met on their first day in school when they stopped a group of boys who bullied Pei Ling pushing her down onto the ground. They punched the bullies who ran off snickering at them. The little girl kept on crying knees slightly bleeding as they brought her to see the school nurse and gave her a lollipop. The two boys vow to protect her forever.

One day after many years they grew up quickly and their lives and appearances changed as well. Pei Ling became prettier and like any other normal girl she became a shy girl who smiled a lot. Still charming everyone with her cute smile every boy wants to be with her but with her two best friends who are like brothers to her she couldn't date anyone until she pouted and whined to them

"Oppa! Please let me date somebody"

"Andwae! What if they hurt you!"

"He's right! We don't want our princess to get hurt"

"But oppas how do I learn about love if you two don't want me to date anyone?"

"Well when the time is right then we will allow u to date"

"When will that be?"

"Never"

"Ahh! Oppa so mean! Channie oppa! Tell Hannie oppa to stop teasing me"

Chanyeol shook his head and smiled patting her head

"I can't convince him. You know how Lu Han hyung is right Ling Ling-ah. Look we just have to be patient. We are far to young right now to be dating"

"Oppa!"

"I'll try to convince him okay, when the time is right..promise"

"Arraso"

They pinkie promised and so was it held till many years later.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

Years later Lu Han, who was currently at his parents hometown, Beijing received a wedding invitation. He opened it to find the names of his two best friends and was shocked as he read it

Mr/Ms_____LUHAN______is invited

to 

Ng Pei Ling Park Chanyeol's Wedding

Location : Hilton Namhae Golf & Spa Resort

Time : 12pm - 7pm

Theme :  Monte Carlo

Lu Han gaped feeling his heart breaking into a milion pieces. He felt pain in his chest as he reached for his pills on the table reaching for the water swallow it in one gulp. He was surprised as he re-read the invition for the fifth time feeling regret. He knew he was too late as he watches the view of the busy streets of Beijing below him reminiscing through their childhood days just the three of them together as best friends once upon a time. 

What will happen? Stay tuned to find out