Confession

Don't wanna let you go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day

By the time when Eunhyuk woke up, Junsu and Shiwon were already awake. He found them in the kitchen, Shiwon supporting his aching and heavy head on his hands, while Junsu was watching his friend completely amused. Eunhyuk started laughing out loud at the sight of that and Shiwon immediately turned to him and sent him a nasty look, which didn’t really make Eunhyuk’s big smirk disappear from his lips.

“Can’t you keep it down a little?” asked Shiwon, his voice still raspy from sleeping. It was clear that the other one had a pretty bad hangover. Junsu looked at Eunhyuk and chuckled when he saw how happy Eunhyuk looked.

“I could keep it down, but I won’t!” said Eunhyuk much louder than usual, making Shiwon groan again and then he covered his ears with his hands. “It’s your fault, why did you drink so much last night? Nobody was forcing you, you know.”

“Yeah, yeah,” said Shiwon and rolled his eyes.

“Well he couldn’t say no to those lovely ladies last night, could he?” asked Junsu in teasing tone and Shiwon clicked with his tongue, visibly irritated. However that didn’t really stop Junsu and Eunhyuk from laughing at Shiwon’s misfortune.

“Yeah, he wanted to show them who the macho is,” said Eunhyuk and chuckled when he remembered how ridiculous Shiwon was last night in front of those girls. He loved his friend to death, but when girls were around Shiwon always transformed into someone who he didn’t really know. When girls were around, Shiwon got really full of himself and that pissed Eunhyuk off most of the time.

“I know. Plus did you see those dance moves? Damn, if I didn’t have a boyfriend I would be all over you last night,” mocked Junsu, earning a hard punch from Shiwon and Eunhyuk burst into laughter again.

“I get it, okay?! It’s all my fault now stop it,” said Shiwon and stood up. He wanted to storm out of the room, but that didn’t go exactly how he planned on doing. When he stood up, he felt the sickness coming back and he placed a hand over his mouth. He then leaned against the wall, closed his eyes and waited a few moments for the nausea to go away. Once he collected himself a bit, he opened his eyes again and was horrified when he saw that Junsu and Eunhyuk still had their annoying smirks plastered over their faces.

“I hate you both,” said Shiwon and then finally left the room and Eunhyuk just shook his head. He then walked over to the table and sat down next to Junsu. He then yawned and rubbed his eyes.

“And how did you sleep?” asked Eunhyuk and smiled to him.

“Alright, I guess,” said Junsu and gave his friend a warm smile. “How about you? We went to sleep before you, was everything alright?”

“Ah, yeah,” said Eunhyuk and scratched the back of his head. He then smiled when he remembered the short phone conversation that he had with Donghae last night and his heart jumped with anticipation as he remembered that he was going to go over to his place that day. Well, the good thing about everything was that Hyosung wasn’t going to be there. Eunhyuk knew that it was horrible to be happy about hearing that Donghae got divorced, but he couldn’t help himself. “Why wouldn’t it be?” he then asked.

“Oh I didn’t mean it like that,” said Junsu and then shrugged. “I just thought… I mean you ran into Donghae yesterday, so I thought that you might be feeling down or something like that.”

Eunhyuk felt how his stomach twisted and he then let out a nervous laugh. “Oh that,” said Eunhyuk and smiled. “I’m okay, don’t worry about it too much. Us meeting again isn’t so bad if you ask me. Plus he was really happy that we ran into each other yesterday and later I am going over to his place.”

“Oh,” said Junsu and narrowed his eyes. He then pushed his lips together and frowned, because he didn’t really think that Eunhyuk going over to Donghae’s was a good idea. “You really think that it’s okay for you to be alone with him?”

“Yeah, why not?” asked Eunhyuk and felt how his body warmed with excitement and irritation at the same time. “He invited me, so I can’t really pass it can I? Plus I would love to spend some time with him, we have a lot of catching up to do with each other.”

“I know, Eunhyuk, I know but,” started Junsu and then made a short pause. “But you can’t get your hopes up. I mean he is still married and I am just afraid that hanging out with him will open up the old wounds.”

Eunhyuk scoffed and rolled his eyes. “It’s not like the wounds have healed throughout the years. And if you must know, Donghae isn’t married anymore. He got divorced three years ago,” said Eunhyuk and folded his arms.

“Really?” asked Junsu, his eyes widening with surprise. He then made a short pause before speaking again. “But that still doesn’t mean that you can expect of him to return you the feelings. Do you know why then got divorced?”

The corners of Eunhyuk’s mouth dangerously twitched, because Junsu was making him more and more irritated by each passing second. Did Junsu think that he was an idiot? He knew all of that, he wasn’t stupid! He sighed and ran fingers through his hair. “I know that Junsu, I am not stupid!” said Eunhyuk with a bit louder voice. “And he didn’t tell me why. When I asked him, he just said that it was complicated and that he was going to tell me today when we meet each other.”

“Okay,” said Junsu and then looked down when he noticed that his friend was annoyed by him. “I’m sorry I didn’t want to upset you. I am just worried, I don’t want you to get hurt again like you did last time.”

A small smile came upon Eunhyuk’s lips and he just slowly nodded. “I know, but you shouldn’t. I will be more careful this time, I promise.”

“Good,” said Junsu and returned his friend a smile.

The hour when Hyosung was going to come pick up the twins was coming closer, so Donghae started packing the boys’ things, while Ryeowook and Kyuhyun were playing in the living room. He sighed and sat onto the twin’s bed and shrugged his shoulders. The house was going to be empty again without the twins and the man hated that. His favourite time was when it was his time to take care of the twins, because when he wasn’t, he was usually just spending his free time home alone and sometimes he would invite his friend Kibum over.

Donghae then shook his head and stood up again. Well, he couldn’t do anything about that. Plus he was feeling a lot better knowing that Eunhyuk was going to be in town for the whole week and just the thought of spending time together with the older one was enough to make Donghae’s heart beat faster with excitement. He couldn’t wait for Eunhyuk to come over that day and a happy smile came upon his face as he continued to pack the twins’ clothes and toys. As he was done, he sat down again and started thinking about Eunhyuk again but was interrupted by hearing a loud crash and then crying coming from the living room. He was on his legs in the blink of an eye and was next to the twins in a second.

When he came into the living room, he saw a broken vase on the floor and not too far from it, Ryeowook was sitting on the floor and crying while holding tightly onto his little hand. But Kyuhyun, on the other hand, was nowhere to be seen. Donghae shook his head and hurried to Ryeowook, because the boy seemed to be in pain. When he saw that his older son’s hand was actually bleeding, Donghae’s eyes grew wide and he kneeled down next to Ryeowook.

“Ryeowook,” said Donghae calmly, trying to get the crying boy’s attention. That worked, because Ryeowook’s puffy eyes found Donghae’s, but he continued crying. Donghae gently touched Ryeowook’s hand and the little boy whimpered at that. Donghae calmed down a little, because it didn’t look like Ryeowook was bleeding a lot. “Be a good boy and show your hand to daddy,” finally said Donghae and Ryeowook extended his hand out to his father.

“Hurts,” he said, while the tears were still streaming down his face.

“I know,” said Donghae and took a closer look of Ryeowook’s hand. After quickly examining it, he could see that Ryeowook just had a few little scratches on his hand. “Look, daddy is going to go into the bathroom to get something that will help to make this hurt less. And you just wait for me here, don’t go anywhere, okay?”

“Uh huh,” said Ryeowook slowly and Donghae gave his son a warm smile. Donghae wiped the tears away and kissed the top of Ryeowook’s head. He then hurried into the bathroom and came back with the first aid kit. He sat down next to Ryeowook again and started taking care of Ryeowook’s wound.

“Does it hurt a lot?” asked Donghae and Ryeowook shook his head.

“No,” said Ryeowook and his eyes were on his dad’s fingers, who were currently wrapping his wounded hand with a bandage.

“What happened in here?” asked Donghae and looked at the broken vase.

“Kyu and Wook were playing with a ball,” said Ryeowook. “Wook didn’t catch the ball and then the vase fell. Wook wanted to clean up,” explained Ryeowook.

“I see,” said Donghae and then picked him up.

“Is daddy angry?”

“Of course not, accidents happen,” said Donghae and chuckled. He then gave Ryeowook a tight hug and placed him onto the sofa. He then took are of the mess and sighed. Where the hell did Kyuhyun go? “Ryeowook, where is Kyuhyun?”

Ryeowook shrugged his shoulders, making Donghae’s worry reappear. But in the end, Donghae soon found a small bundle of sadness lying in the middle of his bed and his heart sunk when he saw that the boy’s body was shaking and he could hear Kyuhyun’s quiet sniffles.  He sat down and Kyuhyun quickly lifted himself up. He wasn’t crying anymore, but Donghae could see that his eyes were red and puffy from crying. Great, just great… His both sons got hurt!

“Kyuhyun,” slowly said Donghae and gently touched the boy’s head. “Did you get hurt? Where does it hurt?”

“Here,” said Kyuhyun and placed his little hand over his chest. Donghae’s heart started beating faster and he swallowed thickly. He quickly picked up the boy up into his lap and he placed his trembling fingers over the boy’s chest. He then lifted Kyuhyun’s shirt up and felt relieved that the boy wasn’t injured anywhere. He then frowned, because he didn’t get it what Kyuhyun meant.

“How does it hurt, Kyuhyun?” he slowly asked.

“Don’t know,” he said and looked away, but Donghae could see new tears forming in his eyes.

“What’s the matter?” Donghae asked and his eyes opened wide when Kyuhyun threw himself around his neck.

“I hurt Wook,” said Kyuhyun, his body shaking badly. “My fault.”

Then it hit Donghae what Kyuhyun meant when he said that his chest hurt, the boy must’ve been feeling guilty. But what on Earth would make Kyuhyun think that it was his fault? Then Donghae remembered that Ryeowook said that he didn’t catch the ball, which Kyuhyun must’ve thrown. And now the poor boy thought that he was the reason his brother got hurt.

“It’s not your fault,” said Donghae calmly.

“Wook hates me,” said the boy quietly and hid his face into his dad’s chest.

Donghae sighed and then placed his hand onto Kyuhyun’s head, slowly caressing his hair. “He doesn’t hate you and neither do I. Accidents happen,” he said calmly and then kissed Kyuhyun’s wet cheek. He then picked him up and carried the crying boy into the living room, where Ryeowook was still patiently sitting on the sofa as he was waiting for his father to return. When Ryeowook saw that Kyuhyun was crying in Donghae’s lap, he ran to Donghae and gently tugged on his shirt, making the man look down.

“Why is Kyu crying?” asked Ryeowook, who hated seeing anyone cry, especially his younger twin.

“He thinks that you are angry,” explained Donghae. “Kyuhyun thinks that it is his fault that you got hurt.”

“Wook is not angry,” said Ryeowook innocently and didn’t even understand why Kyuhyun blamed himself.

“R-really?” asked Kyuhyun and looked to Ryeowook’s direction.

“Uh huh,” replied Ryeowook and smiled.

“See, what did I tell you?” asked Donghae, feeling relieved and then pinched Kyuhyun’s cheek. It still amazed him how much the twins cared for each other despite how young they were. “Now let’s play together before your mom comes, okay?” said Donghae and placed Kyuhyun onto the floor.

Ryeowook was immediately next to Kyuhyun, giving him a tight hug and a kiss onto the cheek. Donghae grinned at that and Ryeowook then excitedly looked up at him. “Yay, a game with Kyu and daddy!” said the small boy and then started happily dancing around the room. Kyuhyun soon joined him, while Donghae just continued watching them with amusement and started laughing.

It was just an hour before Eunhyuk’s and Donghae’s planned time to meet and Eunhyuk was nervously going through his suitcase, trying to find something good to wear. However he found nothing and he started mentally slapping himself for leaving all of the good clothes at home. Seriously, just how stupid could he be? Shiwon and Junsu, on the other hand, were having a blast watching him having a mental breakdown in the middle of Shiwon’s room.

“Stop laughing and help me!” whined Eunhyuk and threw his shoe into Junsu’s direction, which he dodged and started laughing harder. His typical and hilarious laughter was the reason why Shiwon also started laughing louder. “You two are idiots. Complete imbeciles… and you call yourself my friends?”

“Well it suits you right,” said Shiwon and shrugged. “You were being an idiot earlier, so just take the taste of your own medicine. Plus you don’t even want to tell me where you’re going and you expect me t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter