The aftermath

Don't wanna let you go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was still sitting on the bed, next to sleeping Eunhyuk. He allowed his brain to process everything again and he didn’t even dare to move. Maybe this was some kind of dream?! However, he saw that it wasn't when Eunhyuk slightly moved and hugged the pillow next to him. Donghae's heart started beating fast again in panic and he swallowed hard. His body shaking, he touched Eunhyuk’s shoulder and he gently shook the other one in attempt to wake him up. However, he wasn’t really surprised when Eunhyuk didn’t even move, since he knew what a heavy sleeper he was. He wasn’t usually bothered by that, but at that moment his panic only rose and when he looked at the clock he became only grew more nervous. There were only five hours left to his wedding and the rest of his friends were going to be at his apartment in less than an hour.

So, he decided that he was patient enough with Eunhyuk. He punched his friend’s arm hard and he woke up almost immediately. Eunhyuk’s eyes shot open. As he woke up, he was welcomed by a splitting headache and he felt as if he was going to throw up at any time. Not only that but he was really thirsty and he would give anything to get rid of that horrible bitter taste from his mouth. He lazily opened his eyes and then yawned as he looked around him. He frowned, because something seemed off about his room. He knew that his room used to be much smaller and his heart almost stopped as his eyes moved a bit and he saw Donghae next to him in the same bed.

“What the hell are you doing in my bed?” almost yelled Eunhyuk and his heart jumped yet again, because when he got up into sitting position he pulled the bed sheets too much and he uncovered Donghae, who was completely . He then looked under the bed sheet and when he saw that he was as well, his face went completely pale. What the hell had happened between the two of them? He tried hard to remember, but he couldn’t remember anything.

“Your bed?” asked Donghae in disbelief and got out of the bed. When he moved, he suddenly felt how he felt incredibly sore back there and his eyes widened. So that really meant that they did it?! And he was the bottom? Donghae quickly picked up his boxers off the floor and dressed himself “This is my apartment… so this would make this bed mine,” he then added and looked down, because he couldn’t bring himself to look at Eunhyuk.

“Huh?” asked Eunhyuk in confusion and then looked around, realising that Donghae was right. He wanted to remember what happened the previous night, but no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn’t remember everything. He did remember going over to Donghae’s, feeling miserable about his wedding. He also remembered that they had a couple of drinks, because he wanted to forget about his pain. Sadness and pain started creeping again at the thought of Donghae’s wedding at then his eyes went wide when he remembered something else about the last night. He could recall that he was begging Donghae not to get married and then he even confessed his feelings to the other one. Eunhyuk’s heart started beating faster, because he couldn’t believe that he did that. Another thing that he remembered was that he kissed Donghae and the younger one returned him the kiss. However, from that point on, he couldn’t remember anything else.

“Don’t play dumb with me,” suddenly said Donghae angrily when he was fully dressed. “Do you remember anything at all from yesterday?”

“Well, I do remember coming here and having a few drinks,” stammered Eunhyuk and then went silent, because he didn’t want to say too much. He then looked over to Eunhyuk and then waited for the other one to continue speaking.

“And then what happened?” asked Donghae carefully, but Eunhyuk didn’t respond. He could see the same sadness in his friend’s eyes as he did the night before and his heart squeezed. Seeing that pained expression on his face instead of Eunhyuk’s usual goofy and gummy smile made all of the anger disappear from Donghae’s body and he sighed, sitting down next to Eunhyuk. “You remember, don’t you?”

“Not everything…” started Eunhyuk and gave Donghae a weak smile when he saw the worried expression on the younger one’s face. “I only remember feeling sad about your wedding. I… tried to convince you not to marry her right? And then I told you that I loved you,” said Eunhyuk quietly.

“Did you mean it?”

“Every word,” admitted Eunhyuk, his bottom lip shaking. He then stood up, because he couldn’t handle being so close to the man that he loved so much anymore. He needed to go away, because it hurt. Donghae was getting married that day and there was nothing that Eunhyuk could do to prevent that. The marriage was going to happen and then Donghae really wasn’t going to be his… it wasn’t like he ever was. But he knew that things were going to change drastically. Not to mention now that they even slept together. However why did Donghae return him the kiss last night? A spark of hope lighted inside of Eunhyuk, but then soon died out as he turned to see Donghae. He could see the pained expression on the younger man’s face and he knew that he regretted doing that. “Look, but you don’t need to worry… what happened last night was a-” started Eunhyuk, but was stopped by Donghae.

“A mistake. It was a big mistake, Eunhyuk. And it is never going to happen again. Understood?” said Donghae with a cold voice, even though he didn’t mean to sound so angry. He knew that Eunhyuk truly meant every word that he had said, but Donghae didn’t want to think about that at that time. He was getting married to Hyosung that day. She was beautiful, intelligent and a very sweet person. He never knew why Eunhyuk didn’t like her… until now. He then let out an annoyed groan and shook his head. He needed to stop thinking about his best man right now.

“A mistake… huh?” repeated Eunhyuk with a sad voice as he started dressing himself. His heart felt heavy again and he barely restrained himself from screaming at Donghae. Why did he then return his kisses? Why didn’t he just push him away? Why did he have to be so sweet to him? Eunhyuk bit down onto his lower lip and looked away from Donghae. He felt how fresh tears started gathering in his eyes and he was more than happy when he heard a knock on the door. That meant that the rest of Donghae’s friends have come by his apartment.

When someone knocked on the door Donghae almost jumped. He quickly straightened his clothes and turned to Eunhyuk one last time. “You won’t tell anyone about this, understood?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll keep my mouth shut. I wouldn’t do anything that would hurt you,” muttered Eunhyuk and then walked past Donghae into the younger one’s living room, sitting onto the sofa. Donghae’s heart shrunk at Eunhyuk’s last words and he realised that he hurt his best friend even more. He wanted to say something, because he knew that they needed to talk about it. But he didn’t know what to say to him, so instead he walked to the front door and opened it.

After the wedding

Eunhyuk was sitting on a chair and was drinking a wine, which a waiter had just brought for him. He really wanted to get drunk again, because he wanted to forget about the whole day. However, he knew that drinking wouldn’t solve anything, so he just sighed and put the glass back onto the table and eyed Donghae, who was currently dancing with his new wife. Eunhyuk looked away and closed his eyes as he let the memories of what had happened just about an hour ago fill his mind.

Throughout the whole ceremony, Eunhyuk was on the verge of tears. Donghae looked really handsome in his wedding suit and all that Eunhyuk wished was that Donghae would wear it for him and not that woman. He noticed how Donghae kept on staring into his direction a few times before Hyosung came. It looked like Donghae wanted to say something, but didn’t know how to start the conversation. That made him feel a little bit better, because it showed him that Donghae still worried and cared about him. However, his bad mood reappeared the moment when Hyosung started walking down the aisle. She was dressed in a beautiful long white dress and her long hair was curled, falling down from her shoulders to her back. She really did look stunning and Eunhyuk smiled a little bit. When he looked at Donghae his heart broke yet again. The way that he was looking at her made him feel extremely sad and jealous.

Jealousy… it is a funny thing isn’t it? Eunhyuk knew it too well that there was no way that he could turn back the time and confess his feelings earlier. Maybe then he could actually do something to make Donghae completely his. But now… it was too late. What did he expect anyway? Did he really think that Donghae wouldn’t get married if he confessed him a day earlier before his wedding. Eunhyuk’s heart sunk when Donghae and Hyosung started with their vows. As Donghae was saying his part, Eunhyuk noticed that Donghae’s eyes kept travelling to him, just to make sure if he was okay. Eunhyuk looked down and scoffed. Donghae was way too nice to him and that was exactly what hurt him so much.

Eunhyuk firmed a fist with his hand when Donghae said ‘I do’. All that he wanted to do was to scream, to tell everyone that Donghae wasn’t going to marry her, because she really didn’t deserve him. He wanted to grab the younger man and drag him away from there, but he couldn’t. His body was completely frozen, unable to move. And all that he could really do at that point was to watch with horror in his eyes how the priest finally announced them a husband and wife and his world came crushing down when he saw how Donghae cupped Hyosung’s face and kissed her gently. He closed his eyes and brought a hand to his lips, brushing his fingers over it. Those lips were pressed against his own not too long ago. They were so soft, so perfect… and yet they were now forbidden from him forever.

“ that,” cursed Eunhyuk and banged his hand against the table. His tear-filled eyes found Donghae again. Donghae had his arms wrapped around his wife’s waist and they were dancing to a much slower song now. He angrily looked at the wine glass and emptied it. He closed his eyes when the liquid ran down his throat. But it wasn’t enough, he needed something stronger. He then got onto his legs and walked over to the bar.

As he was walking there, Donghae’s eyes found him and the younger one swallowed hard, because he saw how crushed Eunhyuk looked. He wanted to go to him. He needed to make things better with Eunhyuk, because he was his best friend. Eunhyuk meant world to Donghae, but at that moment he didn’t know what he would say if he was about to go up to him and try to speak with him. They needed to talk about what happened and Donghae knew that he shouldn’t be blaming only Eunhyuk for what happened last night. It was his fault too, even though he blamed alcohol for sleeping with Eunhyuk. He closed his eyes and he could still remember Eunhyuk’s kisses and touches from the previous night.

Even though he knew that it was wrong to be thinking about Eunhyuk then, it just felt so right. The last night was perfect and he had never felt so alive before. Not even Hyosung could make him feel the way that Eunhyuk made him feel. It was like they were a perfect match when they were panting and together. Donghae quickly opened his eyes and he realised that his heart was beating way too fast. He pulled Hyosung closer to himself, earning a chuckle from her.

“What’s up with you?” she asked as he looked up to her husband’s fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter