Prologue

Don't wanna let you go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhyuk was standing in front of Donghae’s apartment, holding a plastic bag with a few wine bottles inside of it. Donghae was getting married the next day and that evening the younger one was having his bachelor party. Actually, only he and Eunhyuk were going to be at the party, because Donghae wanted to spend the night before getting married with his best friend and best man.

Eunhyuk sighed and looked down, not really wanting to go inside, because he knew what was going to happen once he would go inside. His friend would start talking about his marriage again and to be honest, Eunhyuk didn’t want hear it. He knew that it was mean to think that way, but he just couldn’t handle it anymore. He was happy for Donghae that he finally found the right person to settle down with, but the thought of Donghae getting married to someone was slowly eating Eunhyuk apart.

He his lower lip and a sad smile appeared on his lips. The truth was that the feelings that he had for Donghae ran far deeper than just a normal friendship. The two of them were friends since they were kids and it didn’t take Eunhyuk too long to admit that he loved Donghae more than just a friend. Many years had passed since the older one admit to himself that he had feelings for Donghae, but he had never acted upon it. He was afraid that he might ruin their friendship if he told the other one how he really felt. And losing Donghae was just too big of risk for Eunhyuk to take. However, he regretted his decision, because he knew that there was no way now that he could come clean about his feelings now. It was too late and he knew that he would have to live with his stupid and cowardly decision for the rest of his life.

Every time that he saw Donghae with his fiancé, the jealousy was just growing inside of Eunhyuk. All that he wanted to do was to forbid Donghae from marrying that girl. But he knew that he couldn’t be so selfish, because he would only hurt Donghae with that and there was no way that he could hurt the person that meant everything to him. Another thing that Eunhyuk didn’t really get was what Donghae saw in the girl that he was going to marry tomorrow. Sure, she was pretty but that was it. There was nothing really special about her and to be honest she was a really boring person. Eunhyuk knew that Donghae deserved much better. Plus the girl didn’t like him and Eunhyuk knew too well that. There was one time that she almost forbade him from seeing Donghae. However, Donghae luckily overheard the conversation and got really angry with her.

Feeling how the familiar sadness started filling his heart, Eunhyuk shook his head. He knew that he shouldn’t be feeling sorry for himself. Especially not then. He should just it up and enjoy the remaining time that he had left with Donghae. At that thought, Eunhyuk’s body shuddered and he bit down onto his lower trembling lip. He then took a deep breath and then finally rang the doorbell. As he was waiting for the door to be opened, his grip around the plastic bag tightened as did the tightness in his chest. He swallowed hard and when the door was finally opened, Eunhyuk forced a bright and gummy smile on his face.

“Finally… you’re here,” said Donghae happily, who was waiting for his best friend to come over. He then opened the door wider, letting Eunhyuk in. “You are late. You know… I thought that I would have to start the party on my own,” added Donghae bitterly and then playfully pouted.

“Sorry, I was stuck in traffic,” lied Eunhyuk and walked past Donghae, stepping inside his apartment. He took his shoes off and then went into the living room. As he turned away from Donghae, Eunhyuk’s smile dropped a bit. However, it soon reappeared when Donghae stepped in front of him. “Here you go, I bought some wine,” said Eunhyuk and then handed the plastic bag to Donghae.

The younger man’s smile widened and he took the bag into his hands when it was handed to him. He opened it and looked inside. When he saw three bottles of wine, his eyes lit up, because he knew that the two of them were going to have great time that night. There was no way that it would be a bad night, since he was spending it with Eunhyuk. “Thanks. I also have some beer in the fridge,” said Donghae, feeling excited and he placed the bag onto a table.

“Sounds good,” said Eunhyuk and the corners of his lips twitched. He then walked over to the sofa and sat down.

“Yeah. We are going to have a great time. I rented some movies that we used to watch when we were still in high school,” said Donghae happily and made his way to Eunhyuk, sitting next to him. “So it’s going to be like it used to be… way back in the time. Just the two of us, booze and some random movies,” added the younger one and giggled as the memories started flashing in front of his eyes. Yes, at that time Donghae really had a great time with his friend and he sometimes wished that he could go back.

Eunhyuk chuckled and he nodded in agreement. Yeah, Donghae was right… those were the days. “I miss them sometimes…” said Eunhyuk to himself, but Donghae heard him.

“Tell me about it…” muttered Donghae and leaned back.

Eunhyuk looked at Donghae and smiled as he watched how the other one leaned his head back and closed his eyes. He then sighed as he continued looking at Donghae’s face. His chest tightened again at the thought that Donghae was going to be a married man the next day and that meant that he was going to lose him for good. His heart throbbed at that and he swallowed back a small gasp from escaping his lips. He then looked away and continued to stare at the wall for a few moments, before speaking again.

“What kind of party is this? You’re only making me feel depressed,” he said, trying to sound funny. Donghae opened his eyes at that and chuckled at the comment. “Come on bring the alcohol and let’s get this party started!”

Donghae nodded and sent him a warm smile. “I guess you are right. Come into the kitchen, I’ll get us something to drink,” said Donghae, stood up and walked into the kitchen. Eunhyuk’s smile disappeared as soon as Donghae went into the kitchen and he mentally slapped himself for not controlling his emotions better. He should have them under control by now. After a while, he only let out another sigh and joined Donghae in the kitchen.

After a couple of hours, Donghae and Eunhyuk were sitting in the living room, laughing. They have emptied pretty much all of the beer cans that Donghae had in his fridge and they were close to emptying the second wine bottle at that point, so both of them were feeling quite drunk. They were watching an old movie, but at that point no one was paying too much attention to it. They’ve seen it a million times already. Plus, they were far too drunk to care about that stupid and boring movie anyway. Donghae took another sip of his drink and then placed the wine glass onto a small table, next to Eunhyuk’s. He then leaned back and let out a long sigh.

“What’s wrong?” asked Eunhyuk and giggled when he saw the expression on Donghae’s face. The other one had a serious expression on his face and it somehow just seemed funny to Eunhyuk. The older man had finally forgotten about his problems for a few moments and was finally enjoying himself with Donghae.

“I’m just… thinking,” said Donghae and frowned. He then lifted his body up and then closed his eyes soon, as the picture in front of his eyes started spinning. Yes, he definitely had too much to drink.

“About what?” asked Eunhyuk, took his glass into his hands and emptied it. He then lifted himself up and as he was about to pour himself some more wine, he was disappointed to see that the bottle was already empty. He let out an annoyed groan and he rolled his eyes, because that meant that he would have to get another one, which was in the kitchen. And going into the kitchen seemed such a long and difficult way.

“Just… about the future I guess,” muttered Donghae and watched how Eunhyuk started laughing out loud. He raised his eyebrows and then the furrow between his eyebrows deepened, because he didn’t understand what made his friend laugh so much. However, that soon became clear to the younger one as he continued to watch how Eunhyuk wobbled into the kitchen, from where he brought another bottle of wine. Donghae smirked and guessed that the other one must’ve been far drunker as he was. Well, he knew that that shouldn’t surprise him too well, because it was known that Eunhyuk couldn’t really hold his liquor that well.

“And what’s wrong with your future?” asked Eunhyuk after a while as he sat back down, not really paying too much attention to his friend, because he was too busy with opening the bottle. He frowned and then groaned. He didn’t know that opening a wine bottle could be so difficult.

“Give that to me,” said Donghae and took the bottle from Eunhyuk’s hands, opening it for him. “Here you go.”

“Thank you,” said Eunhyuk happily and showed the other one his gummy smile.

Donghae chuckled and then became serious again. He was serious about what he said earlier and he was quite upset that Eunhyuk wouldn’t take him seriously. He was a bit sceptic about the whole marriage thing and he needed to talk about it with Eunhyuk. However, he realised that he wouldn’t receive any smart advices

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter