Visiting

Don't wanna let you go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A few days later

 

Eunhyuk was in the hospital's waiting room, waiting for Donghae and Hyosung to come out of the doctor's office. Ryeowook's condition has gotten a lot better, but the boy still had to stay in the hospital for a few more days, just to be sure that he was really okay. The man smiled to himself and leaned back. The fact that Ryeowook has gotten better and that he and Hyosung were slowly getting along was making Eunhyuk happy. Plus he could see that Donghae was happy about that as well and Eunhyuk chuckled. He then took a glance at the clock and yawned, getting pretty bored about the whole waiting thing. Hyosung and Donghae were at the doctor's for quite a while and the man started to wonder what was taking them so long. However, his thinking was soon interrupted when his phone started buzzing and Eunhyuk felt how his stomach made a flop when he saw the number written on the screen. The person who was calling him was no other than his beloved boss, Kim Heechul.

 

Eunhyuk groaned and rolled his eyes. That was the third time that day that Heechul was calling him and Eunhyuk knew that that didn't mean anything good. For the first two times, he ignored the calls. However, he knew that he should pick up or he would be in a lot more amount of trouble than he already was. Eunhyuk closed his eyes and then finally answered Heechul's call.

 

“Hello,” said Eunhyuk politely and then took a deep breath in. “This is Eunhyuk speaking. How can I help you sir?”

 

“Oh you finally decided to pick up,” said the voice from the other side of the phone and Eunhyuk closed his eyes, because Heechul sounded pissed off. Great... just ing great. “Oh you could help me with lot of things. For example, there's a lot of papers for you to take care of... oh but wait you aren't here,” said Heechul, trying to stay calm.

 

“Ah yes-” started Eunhyuk and then made a short pause. "I apologise for that, but as I already told you, I really had to go. I mean I-"

 

"Oh just shut up already," said Heechul with a much, much louder voice and Eunhyuk immediately stopped talking. He knew that Heechul was going to be pissed and he wasn't really surprised that the other one was talking with him like that. Plus the man knew that it was his fault anyways. "And what do you mean by that that you ''told me'' where you had to go?! Shindong told me the next day," said Heechul and made a short pause. "You just disappeared from work that day!"

 

"I-I am aware of that and it was wrong of me to do so, but..." started Eunhyuk and then let out a deep breath. He knew that he needed to stay calm if he wanted to keep his job. Well, he knew that he was going to be lucky if he kept his job after all of that. "Look, my boyfriend's son was really sick and he needed me there. If I would come to you and ask you for time off you would say no so-"

 

"You don't know that," cut him off Heechul and Eunhyuk pressed his lips together. "Look... do you want to keep this job or not?"

 

Eunhyuk stood up and Heechul's words were like a cold shower. Even though he didn't like his job, he still needed it and finding a new one would be really difficult. "Yes," said Eunhyuk. "I need my job so-"

 

"Good," said Heechul, interrupting him again. "If you don't come here by tomorrow, you're fired," said Heechul and Eunhyuk nodded even though the other one wasn't there with him.

 

"Yes, I understand," he said. "I'll be there."

 

"Good," said Heechul and Eunhyuk felt relieved because he could hear that the other one wasn't angry anymore. "And how's doing his son now?" suddenly Heechul asked, leaving Eunhyuk speechless for a few moments.

 

"What?"

 

"You said that your boyfriend's son was sick, didn't you?" asked Heechul awkwardly. "So how is he now?"

 

Eunhyuk's eyes widened, surprised to see that Heechul was for a change interested in other people's well-being instead of only his. "Oh yeah... he's doing better," said Eunhyuk and smiled. "The doctors are really surprised by-"

 

"Well that's good then," said Heechul and interrupted Eunhyuk again. The younger man frowned, but then reminded himself that this was Kim Heechul who he was talking to. "So that means you can come tomorrow. Goodbye then."

 

"Goodbye," said Eunhyuk and then ended the phone call. When the phone call has ended, Eunhyuk sighed and then hid his face into his palms, to calm down a little bit. Even thought he was happy that Heechul had given him another chance, Eunhyuk was still pretty angry with the fact that the next day he would have to go to work again, which would mean leaving Donghae all alone. He let out a desperate sigh, wanting to stay in his home town forever.

 

He then leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes for a couple of minutes, trying to clear his mind and finding a good way of telling Donghae that he would have to return. God, it really . He knew that Donghae needed him right now. Eunhyuk opened his eyes and then shrugged to himself, knowing that Donghae would probably okay on his own, since he had Hyosung around. Plus Ryeowook was feeling much better, so Eunhyuk guessed that he could leave him alone for some time. But what even more was the fact that the next day was going to be Friday and Eunhyuk really thought that he could spend the entire weekend there as well... or that was until he received Heechul's phone call.

 

After a few minutes of sitting alone in the waiting room, the door of the doctor's office finally opened and Eunhyuk lifted his gaze. When he saw the smiles both on Donghae's and Hyosung's face, the man smiled as well because he knew that the doctor must've given the two of them good news about Ryeowook. Donghae sat down next to Eunhyuk and give him a quick kiss onto the cheek, making the older one smile.

 

"I guess that the doctor has given you good news?" asked Eunhyuk and chuckled when Donghae nodded.

 

"He said that next week, he could probably go home," said Hyosung and stepped closer to the pair. "He was really surprised by the fact how quickly he recovered."

 

"That's amazing," said Eunhyuk and sighed.

 

"What's wrong?" asked Donghae when he noticed that Eunhyuk was in a bad mood. The older one looked at his lover, furrowing his eyebrows. He knew that Donghae could read him like an open book, just like he always did. Not really knowing how to tell the bad news to Donghae, Eunhyuk just shrugged and then looked away. The younger one frowned when he saw that Eunhyuk was avoiding making eye-contact and he placed fingers under his chin, lifting his face up. "Come on tell me, what happened? It must've happened while we were inside, right?"

 

"Yeah," admitted Eunhyuk, knowing that he couldn't lie to Donghae. "My boss called me when the two of you were inside."

 

"Oh no," said Hyosung. "Did you get fired?" she then asked.

 

"I knew that something bad would happen," said Donghae and shook his head. "See Hyosung, this is why I didn't want to call him. He is always busy and as far as I know that Heechul guy has never really liked him and-"

"Calm down Donghae I didn't get fired," said Eunhyuk and chuckled. "But he was pretty pissed off because I left work the other day without telling him everything. When I explained him what really happened, he understood, I guess. But he expects me to return back home tomorrow and that is what ," he said. "I mean it's soon going to be weekend and I really thought that I would get a chance to spend the weekend with you and the boys."

 

Donghae nodded and his heart fell to the pit of his stomach, because he was wishing for the same thing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter